Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,510 members, 7,816,232 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Why The American Wannabes? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why The American Wannabes? (1228 Views)

8 Nigerian Celebrities And The American Stars They Resemble [photos] / 9 Nigerian Celebrities And The American Stars They Resemble (Photos) / 'yoruba Hip Hop,' Mode 9,tiwa Savage,and 'other Yankee Wannabes' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The American Wannabes? by obongyi: 1:33am On Sep 14, 2008
P-square or whatever they are called,those guys try so hard to be americans,ear-rings,tatoos,then their pose in pictures seriously,someone need to tell those guys that they are from Anambra state,Nigeria and not from the United States.

Guys what do you say?
Re: Why The American Wannabes? by onyinye2(f): 1:34am On Sep 14, 2008
So what do you suggest these so called "americanized" men should act/wear like?
Re: Why The American Wannabes? by stkris(m): 2:01am On Sep 14, 2008
just another case of "damned if u do , damned if u dont"

appreciate d fact that their songs have a predominantly naija feel coz they sing mostly in pidgin.

imagine criticising their posters,dress sense n stuff. abi na agbada u want make em wear b4 u know theyr keepn it real

dude, take d stick outta ur ass n relax cheesy
Re: Why The American Wannabes? by Freiburger(m): 10:37pm On Nov 16, 2010
obongyi:

P-square or whatever they are called,those guys try so hard to be americans,ear-rings,tatoos,then their pose in pictures seriously,someone need to tell those guys that they are from Anambra state,Nigeria and not from the United States.

Guys what do you say?

Stop the Hating, jealousy, or whatever. These Guys 've gone far.
Re: Why The American Wannabes? by DapoBear(m): 10:41pm On Nov 16, 2010
They completely ripped off that one Usher song. But aside from that, I think their style is pretty good. It really has broad appeal.
Re: Why The American Wannabes? by africhika(f): 10:41pm On Nov 16, 2010
P-Square is sooo annoying. i never listen to their music. and yes, they are American Usher wannabes

be original!!!

Re: Why The American Wannabes? by DapoBear(m): 10:43pm On Nov 16, 2010
Usher is not the worst person to copy off of though, he is extremely talented and popular. Being the Nigerian Usher twins is not the worst thing in the world smiley
Re: Why The American Wannabes? by angrynaija: 3:15am On Nov 17, 2010
it's not even naija culture of any tribe for men to don earings or tattoos. especially that earings make a man look effeminate, no matter how much muscles you have. makes me wonder, are these men trying to look pretty? some kinda self-expression, i guess.
Re: Why The American Wannabes? by nellaluv(f): 3:49am On Nov 17, 2010
Hmm
Re: Why The American Wannabes? by DapoBear(m): 5:18am On Nov 17, 2010
angrynaija:

it's not even naija culture of any tribe for men to don earings or tattoos. especially that earings make a man look effeminate, no matter how much muscles you have. makes me wonder, are these men trying to look pretty? some kinda self-expression, i guess.

Culture changes. I'm not into earrings or tattoos, but I know lots of nigerian dudes who are. It is what it is, the only cultures that stay the same are dead ones.

(1) (Reply)

Kobe Bryant Vs Michael Jordan / Nollywood's No 1 Theif Demands 100m For Divorce Settlement / Dangote And Otedola Back At War.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.