Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,499 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Worgu For Orlando Pirates? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Worgu For Orlando Pirates? (1918 Views)

See The Alleged '23-year-old' Ghanaian Footballer Signed By Orlando Pirates (pho / Bafana Bafana And Orlando Pirates Captain Senzo Meyiwa Shot Dead. / Stephen Worgu! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Worgu For Orlando Pirates? by RSA(m): 9:57am On Sep 16, 2008
Posted: 2008-09-16 10:46

Orlando Pirates’ hunt for another top striker continues with the news that they have extended their search to Nigeria for Enyimba’s red hot striker Stephen Worgu.

Worgu has been the man behind Enyimba’s good run in the CAF Champions League and is currently the tournament’s top goal scorer having netted 13 times.

The Nigerian striker was on target this week when Enyimba beat Al Hilal 4-1 during their CAF Champions League fixture yesterday.

Sources close to Orlando Pirates have revealed that club chairman Irvin Khoza has already put in a ‘great’ offer for Worgu and Enyimba have agreed to release him but only after the completion of the current CAF Champions League.

“There were two options, one for Aldave from Sundowns and the other one for Worgu from Enyimba. One of Enyimba’s officials was in the country recently to meet Khoza with regards to signing Worgu and I understand that the striker will only join Pirates after the CAF Champions League,” a source inside the club told KickOff.com.

Enyimba’s Uche Kalu has already poured high praise on Worgu and believes the striker could be voted the best player in the Champions League.

“He’s a very talented player and his speed is completely unbelievable. He’s a great asset to the team right now and I think he will surely win the Best Player Award.

“If he keeps on scoring as much as he’s doing, I think he will set a Champions League goal scoring record.

“He just plays unbelievable football, very quick on the ball and calm in front of goal. That’s what makes him so deadly

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=4556
Re: Worgu For Orlando Pirates? by malaza: 11:16am On Sep 16, 2008
Hey RSA ngwana mokgalabje, what's you team here in SA? I am for the for the skull and cross bones cool and hopefully we buy this pudi so that he can score some much needed goals at my club. Why isn't he playing for Naija anyway?
Re: Worgu For Orlando Pirates? by GoldCircle: 11:26am On Sep 16, 2008
good for the young chap! I pray the deal sails through!
Re: Worgu For Orlando Pirates? by RSA(m): 3:29pm On Sep 16, 2008
malaza:

Hey RSA ngwana mokgalabje, what's you team here in SA? I am for the for the skull and cross bones cool and hopefully we buy this pudi so that he can score some much needed goals at my club. Why isn't he playing for Naija anyway?

Nna Monna I am sori Iam supporting Amakhosi, Kaizer Chiefs,Love and Peace,Khosi 4 Life.Ihave watched this player on number of occations he is good,if he sign maybe Nigeria will cap him and ater a season ot two will be playing in europe,he is a typical nigerian striker big and stong and selfish

GoldCircle:

good for the young chap! I pray the deal sails through!

I hope so as well,but i think will be signed by european team
Re: Worgu For Orlando Pirates? by Raimond(m): 5:35pm On Sep 16, 2008
Meeeen,that short dude is has a lot of propects,i`ve not been so impressed by a home based player in a while,but i think this one has what it takes, i wish him all the best!!!.
Re: Worgu For Orlando Pirates? by tkb417(m): 5:56pm On Sep 16, 2008
Why should he go to SA?
if he still wants to play in Africa, the Egypt should be his destination!!!

All our players that went to SA usually come back rusty.
Chukwu Ndukwe then of Mamemodi Sundowns, Obinna Nwaneri used to be rock solid when he was at home. dude should go to gateway fc instead
hehehe. SA ko, Botswana ni
Re: Worgu For Orlando Pirates? by slimghost(m): 8:45pm On Sep 16, 2008
WETIN THE GUY DEY FIND 4 SOKOTO, DEY 4 SHOKOTO.

south africa ko, north africa ni embarassed
Re: Worgu For Orlando Pirates? by gabelogan(m): 10:16pm On Sep 16, 2008
heard the guy is a class act. havent watched him play, but he has about 13 champions league goals.

he'd be better off in a european club than in south-africa. enyimba is better than orlando pirates, why is he goin there?

afterall, taiye taiwo left from lobi to marseille and manucho from petro athletico to manchester united so what stops him from goin directly to europe if he is that talented
Re: Worgu For Orlando Pirates? by malaza: 7:12am On Sep 17, 2008
gabe, my friend.

No one watches enyimba and they don't have naira cool. Nwaneri was supposed to join us together with Onyekachi but he chose some north african tean and he is still stuck there while Okwonko makes money in europe. The boy should come here and test himself against well organised teams unless he is afraid to be a flop.
Re: Worgu For Orlando Pirates? by gabelogan(m): 9:05am On Sep 17, 2008
malaza:

gabe, my friend.

No one watches enyimba and they don't have naira cool. Nwaneri was supposed to join us together with Onyekachi but he chose some north african tean and he is still stuck there while Okwonko makes money in europe. The boy should come here and test himself against well organised teams unless he is afraid to be a flop.

mind you, nwanneri is not stuck, he now plays at FC Sion in switzerland after spending a couple of years in north africa.
no malicious intent but i feel he will be retrogressing if he goes to orlando pirates because i consider and it is a well known fact that enyimba is a better team than the pirates and the nigerian league is a more competitive league than the south african league. yes you guys are very organised and like to assume you have all the money in the world, but you guys lack talent, something that is abundant in the nigerian league, and i doubt he'll be a flop in south africa. he should go to europe where his skills will be polished by a very competent coach and strong competition.
Re: Worgu For Orlando Pirates? by malaza: 9:56am On Sep 17, 2008
gabe my friend, the Naija league is not better that our league, yes you guys might have, in fact you have better talent than us if we compare national teams but when it comes to league you have remember that we source from different continents hence the competitiveness. look at Brazil and Argentine, they have far better squads than England but their league is far lesser competetive than EPL. I wouldn't say we have all the money in the world but i am dead sho we have it than any other league in Afrika, so don't sweat my friend no offence taken from your Milicious intent.
Re: Worgu For Orlando Pirates? by RSA(m): 1:48pm On Sep 17, 2008
How do you know if one league is more competitive than the other? by looking at the fifa ranking? or by looking at one good team in that league?
Or the result of a team in African competition?
Dynamos of Zimbabwe is currently doing well in African champs league does it mean their league is better than of Morroco?
Re: Worgu For Orlando Pirates? by RSA(m): 12:29pm On Sep 03, 2010
Ok the Worgu deal never happened, but the same team have signed another Nigerian called Otorogu,who came to South Africa after his spell in Tunisia,and he think that playing in South Africa willl improve his chances of playing in the national team and also atract topeuropean teams

Can somebody update us on the carrer progress of Worgu?
Re: Worgu For Orlando Pirates? by honeric01(m): 4:27pm On Sep 03, 2010
^^^^
The last i heard of Worgu was that he was playing in Sudan, dunno if he still left for Europe or not.
Re: Worgu For Orlando Pirates? by medjai(m): 4:47pm On Sep 03, 2010
The last I heard of Worgu was that he was sentenced to some lashes of cane by a Sudaneese sharia court for alchohol related offences
Re: Worgu For Orlando Pirates? by honeric01(m): 6:03pm On Sep 03, 2010
^^^^^Hehehehe, for real?
Re: Worgu For Orlando Pirates? by medjai(m): 9:23pm On Sep 03, 2010
Re: Worgu For Orlando Pirates? by honeric01(m): 10:24pm On Sep 03, 2010
grin grin

I bet he ran away grin
Re: Worgu For Orlando Pirates? by medjai(m): 7:07am On Sep 04, 2010
^^
as a sharp Naija guy that once lived in Aba. He cant afford to slack
Re: Worgu For Orlando Pirates? by honeric01(m): 10:58am On Sep 04, 2010
Which club does he play for now?
Re: Worgu For Orlando Pirates? by dominique(f): 2:07pm On Sep 04, 2010
^^^ prolly an unknown club in Europe. he should have just stayed with the elephants.
Re: Worgu For Orlando Pirates? by honeric01(m): 3:56pm On Sep 04, 2010
^^^^

Or he should have gone to Tunisia, Egypt or even SA, Otorogu plays in SA now.

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Congratulates Lionel Messi On Winning His Fourth Ballon D’or / Blessing Okagbare Messes Up - Comes 6th In 100m Final / Siasia Returns As U23 Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.