Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

The Blood Of Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Blood Of Jesus (733 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Nigerians, Road Accidents And The Blood Of Jesus. / So There Is A Street In Lagos Called Blood Of Jesus Street?! (see Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Blood Of Jesus by huxley(m): 2:42pm On Sep 16, 2008
Deut 32:

44 Moses came with Joshua son of Nun and spoke all the words of this song in the hearing of the people. 45 When Moses finished reciting all these words to all Israel, 46 he said to them, "Take to heart all the words I have solemnly declared to you this day, so that you may command your children to obey carefully all the words of this law. 47 They are not just idle words for you—they are your life. By them you will live long in the land you are crossing the Jordan to possess."

Matt 5:

17"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Christians claim that the Blood of Jesus  did away with the Laws of Moses and all the other barbaric laws and injunction of the old testament.  Acts like;

Animal sacrifice,
Human sacrifice,
Circumcision
Stoning to dead for working of Sabbath, adultery, etc
Stoning to dead of recalcitrant children
Killing of Witches
Dietary laws
Cleanliness laws

But is this true?  Moses clearly states that his laws were to be observed (Deut  32) and Jesus also said he did not come to do away with the law and that his followers were to be more observant than the pharisees (Matt 5).

So why do most Christian ignore the laws of Moses?  Supposing one were to practise the laws of Moses, would that be a sin?  For instance, would practising circumcision be considered a sin?
Re: The Blood Of Jesus by IDINRETE: 5:20pm On Sep 16, 2008
haba huxley huxley

you no dey tire
abeg rest small o

i ve told you not to worry yourself with all the fable and mythical stories in that book
if people want to believe in it , its their choice
Re: The Blood Of Jesus by Lady2(f): 6:16pm On Sep 16, 2008
Christians claim that the Blood of Jesus did away with the Laws of Moses and all the other barbaric laws and injunction of the old testament. Acts like

Please be specific and don't put all Christians in one boat, thanks. When you stop generalising and actually learn about Christianity, then you will be able to eliminate some of your rantings.
Re: The Blood Of Jesus by huxley(m): 6:32pm On Sep 16, 2008
~Lady~:

Please be specific and don't put all Christians in one boat, thanks. When you stop generalising and actually learn about Christianity, then you will be able to eliminate some of your rantings.

What do you believe about the Blood of JC?
Re: The Blood Of Jesus by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 16, 2008
huxley:

What do you believe about the Blood of JC?

the blood of Jesus cleanses from ALL sin.

IDINRETE:

i ve told you not to worry yourself with all the fable and mythical stories in that book
if people want to believe in it , its their choice

perhaps the only athiest here with some sense.

(1) (Reply)

Regulator For Religion In Nigeria / If Jesus Is A Pastor In Nigeria, How Many Cars Would He Have? / As An Atheist, I Truly Believe Africa Needs God --Matthew Parris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.