Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,354 members, 7,853,567 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:17 PM

Making Money In Nigeria - Adverts - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Adverts / Making Money In Nigeria (774 Views)

Get Free Tips To Making Money From Fixed Odds Here / Illegal Methods Of Making Money Online / Make Huge Money In Telecom Business Ideas That Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Making Money In Nigeria by geolabious(m): 12:42pm On Sep 17, 2008
Dear Nairalander,

Let’s talk about how we can make money in Nigeria, where opportunities abound. In fact I believe Naija is the world’s best open secret in terms of investment opportunities. All those things we complain about are opportunities to make serious money. Here are some opportunities I personally think are worthwhile

Transportation:
Imagine how much money is there to make if some savvy investor will start a well-run transportation system to chase away all those dilapidated Molues and Danfos; Some guy has started a bus service called City-Link in Lagos and I’m sure he’ll do well.

Telephony,
Imagine how much MTN GLO, and ZAIN are raking today and there’s room for greater growth. Money can be made in support areas like Rural telephony, etc

Hotels:
The South Africans (e.g Protea Hotels (http://www.proteahotels.com/search/result.asp?code=ng)) are rushing in with some first class hotels in our major cities. I hear Marriott is also coming into PH. But there’s still room for 1st class serviced flats, B&Bs etc

Schools: One of the best investments in Naija today is the establishment of Pricvate primary and secondary schools. I wish the Government will sell off some of their public schools

Real Estate:
If you can afford it too there are several well-located Public and Private well designed estates springing up all over Lagos. Houses in VGC valued at 7m about 7 years ago are now worth 22m. Imagine

Stock Market :For those (like me) who cant afford such high profile investments, have you considered the Nigerian stock Exchange (http://www.thenigerianstockexchange.com) After a discussion in the old board about 2 years back, I decided to give the Nigerian stock market a try and I've not been disappointed overall ¡V although some specific stocks are under-perfoming. Apart from good dividends (even in Dollar terms), there’s also a widespread practice of bonus shares (as opposed to stock splits in the US) which in some cases has doubled the number of holdings.

For those who don’t have the time or who aren’t sure about what stocks to pick, there are also some very good performing mutual funds e.g. IBTC’s (http://www.ibtc-lagos.com/Mutual-Funds/IBTC-NEF.htm)

Another good news is you can now get real-time quotes at the NSE’s website and also do some limited trading online via sites like Liquid Africa (http://www.liquidafrica.com/).

Here’s hoping you will all find ways to take advantage of these opportunities before the South Africans and other discerning “foreign investors” invade the whole place.

Does anyone have other ideas of how to legally make some dough in Naija?

Dem say if person dey cry, person dey see road.
Re: Making Money In Nigeria by anizzle(m): 8:40pm On Sep 18, 2008
na me be this
Re: Making Money In Nigeria by Thor(m): 9:30pm On Sep 19, 2008
Problem is that you have not even made it as you would not be writing in this forum if you had grin grin

At some stage you will be asking for money lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Making Money In Nigeria by infocus(m): 3:21pm On Sep 25, 2008
You can also try selling information online.
Re: Making Money In Nigeria by assoc(m): 6:53pm On Sep 26, 2008
I have been making some decent money through this affiliate marketing program. You get paid by cheque or Paypal. The difficult part is you have to do most of the work yourself. The link to the program is below. Join free, confirm your email and follow the instructions.

(1) (Reply)

This Site Pays Me. / I Need A Loan Of 1.5m / Open Seceret--what They Don't Tell You About Making Money Online. No More Scam!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.