Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,001 members, 7,849,027 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:35 PM

The Thrill Is Gone (what Goes Up Must Come Down) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Thrill Is Gone (what Goes Up Must Come Down) (750 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Refuses To Remove Handcuff, Come Down From Van / Man Climbs Tree, Says He Will Not Come Down Until A New Government Is Sworn In / Jonathan Must Come To NASS, Reps Insist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Thrill Is Gone (what Goes Up Must Come Down) by BigB11(m): 12:01am On Sep 18, 2008
The buttheads are finally waking up one by one.
It is now becoming obvious to all that Sarah Palin is simply not a complex thinker; this has nothing to do with experience factor; it has to do with intelligence and your state of mind.
The chick could be coached till the middle of next year, she is not ready and will not be ready for many years to come.

Obama's poll numbers are starting to rise up, while the McPalin poll numbers are starting to drop; like I have said many time in the past "the chick will break down with time"
You can fool some fools sometimes, but you can't fool all of them all the time.

It would be very difficult for the republicans to recover once their poll numbers drop lower because their messiah (Palin) lacks any tangible substance. The chick has been repeating the same lies lines over and over for the past 2 weeks. I guess the republicans have exhausted all the unlimited opportunities to divert public attention from her regrettable weaknesses in background, education  and pretty much everything.

The thrill is gone, and it shall stay gone.
Re: The Thrill Is Gone (what Goes Up Must Come Down) by DeepZone: 12:08am On Sep 18, 2008
I think what brought down the McCain group is the economic issue which they refuse to address and American people are feeling it. The decider in this election will be a last minute factor because all these people backing off McCain are doing so because of the recent Wall street crisis and it's effect on their purse. Three giant cooperations in a week is no joke.

All in all, I still support McCain's ticket tho because it affords women an opportunity to occupy that office. It's high time American women should rise up and take over the country in totality. We are no more satisfied with our leadership in the homes. i keep wondeering why some women still shout Obama Obama when they have a chance to showcase their gender in McCain's ticket.
Re: The Thrill Is Gone (what Goes Up Must Come Down) by BigB11(m): 12:28am On Sep 18, 2008
All in all, I still support McCain's ticket tho because it affords women an opportunity to occupy that office. It's high time American women should rise up and take over the country in totality

DeepZone love:

I hate to bust your bubble, but "as a black woman from Africa, you're better off with a black man in the whitehouse" A white woman in the whitehouse wouldn't do you any good.
FYI: White women in America would give a brother an opportunity with out any hesitation, but would hesitate before doing the same for a black woman.

Trust me, they simply do not care much for you guys (black women); they would take a brother before a sister any time any day.
You might need to double check this fact before casting your vote.

I hate to see your heart break!
Re: The Thrill Is Gone (what Goes Up Must Come Down) by DeepZone: 12:32am On Sep 18, 2008
You think Obama and co cares about you. who cares as long as a woman is in there?
Re: The Thrill Is Gone (what Goes Up Must Come Down) by BigB11(m): 12:47am On Sep 18, 2008
At least our children, nephews, nieces would have the opportunity to witness magnificent moment and also have a clear understanding that if one works hard, it is absolutely possible (not only in Nigeria, but also in United States of America).

FYI: Black children are not only watching BET, they are now also watching CNN, MSNBC, fox, CNBC, Bloomberg etc, with pure curiosity and loving it.
Re: The Thrill Is Gone (what Goes Up Must Come Down) by BigB11(m): 12:55am On Sep 18, 2008
We can not only focus on what Deepzone or Big B1 wants; we must look a little deeper into the future.

And I can assure you that McPalin represents 50 years ago yesterday.

You might want to check out this fact before casting your vote.
Re: The Thrill Is Gone (what Goes Up Must Come Down) by NegroNtns(m): 1:46am On Sep 18, 2008
I hate to bust your bubble, but "as a black woman from Africa, you're better off with a black man in the whitehouse" A white woman in the whitehouse wouldn't do you any good.
FYI: White women in America would give a brother an opportunity with out any hesitation, but would hesitate before doing the same for a black woman.

Trust me, they simply do not care much for you guys (black women); they would take a brother before a sister any time any day.
You might need to double check this fact before casting your vote.

I hate to see your heart break!

BigB, are you serious? A black man that has not visited with his American kinfolk in their hood and campaigned in their midst is going to benefit a Nigerian woman. He ran from his black pastor of 20yrs for political ambition. Obama double crossed the woman in Chicago that sponsored him for the Illinois state senate. They say blood is thicker than water. Obama does not recognize blood when it comes to his ambition. He has continously said he is not running a black campaign. Here you are saying he is better for us because he is black. How black is he? Is he black in his consciousness or is he just a demographic label?
Re: The Thrill Is Gone (what Goes Up Must Come Down) by vigasimple(m): 1:56am On Sep 18, 2008
First and foremost the election really in any country should be about serious issues. anyone or leaders vieing for elected office that will put glamour and petty issues should be looked at with suspicion.

Before we go into Race, gender and age. VP choice and ideological issues

let us look at some important markers.

1. GOP has been in office for 8 years at the President level and 6 years of that they control both houses and see where no only america is today but the rest of the developed world and some developing nations.

2. State of the union (as in USA)- the country is ina toilet after 8 years of republican misrule and those people has a shameless boldness to even be campaigning. The state of the USA economy is on par with the great depression and has affected most european and other countries that invested in uSA institutions.

3. IRAQ WAR- The single biggest blunder in america foreign policy in a long long time. because of the preoccupation with a non existent enemy and WMD, 4000 US solders has been lost and many several thousands maimed physically and mentally, and neraly $1 trillion dollars has been losts which could have been used to build infrastuctures in America or at least reduce health care costs or build the economy, pay foreign debts or even use to build devasted cities suffreing from katrinas and other major natural disaster. America can't even mind their own shop and going to fight a phony war in Iraq.

THe GOP believe in military power and with all the diplomacy that are bringing down barriers, it simply shows that military powre alone can never solve any problem. America has a big leverage to use right after 911 and wasted it by chasing shadows rather getting the international community to chase Osama bin laden with them

I can go on and on.

But let us look at some important facts.

OBAMA and BIDEN combined, are more educated, intelligent, thoughtful, think before action, knows the power of diplomacy. Mccain succeed to where he is today because of Family military background business.

In terms of education, intelligent etc, Mccain and Palin are complete paperweight.

RACE: In the history of America, OBAMA is the only half white half black and was even brought up by his white grand parent and in a much better position to understand white and balck and other minorities. He is well travel meeting ordinary people unlike Mccain who is a son and grandson of a naval admiral throughout his travel and Palin only got passport last year. Biden is a working class senator who does not have asset worth 500K. Mccain's are worth at least $100M inherited with 7 houses. Obama is the first generation of his who made his monies from books he has written before running for elected office.

( an d THE REASON OR ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM WHY THIS RACE IS SO CLOSE IS RACE- HALF WHITE AND HALF BLACK MAN CALLED BLACK MAN OR AFRICAN AMERICAN)

GENDER: the sole reason why Mccain chooses Palin is to appeal to Hilary Clinton 'women only candidates' type.  I will take a woman of any type that will look after my interest any day than have a man that will not. Any woman who shares that women has right to choose can't possibly take PALIL bait seriously.  ROE -V- WADE will be gone in few years. Hockey mum is equivalent of Man you can drink beer with BUSH who has now got the lowest approval rating a Presidential history.

Infact, I thing Mccain administration will be worse than GW Bush because he will not able to control the GOP right wingand he will die in office first term and GOP will then control PALIN the same way they did to GW Bush. Remember they gave Bush Chenney and Rumsfeld to 'look' after GW Bush and they brought disaster and the biggest economic turmoil and biggest national debts to America in a post code war era. And they are not only borrowing the monies from China but selling all USa assets to the ARABS and importing OILS from their enemies.

It is not just good to have a women as a leader but have a good one that will do women and women issues justice, on all those accounts PALIN hopelessly fails. she went to 5 colleges in 6 years to get a 4 year 1st degree. Mccain the candidate came 894 out of class of 899.

AGE: At 72 years of age and history of serious cancer, with 4 attacks in recent years and the demand of the office of the Presidency, that alone is enough for the US to look elsewhere. To choose a beauty pagent is just a joke of the highste order. we are talking of serious military and nuclear leader of the world in a 44 years old who has not meet a single world leader in or outside America.

VP Choices: First OBAMA chooses BIDEN to govern and not just to win political office because he could have choosen Hilary clinton and the eelction will be over, but he knew to govern require a team player that will defer to the captain(the President). You don't need to captain in a ship or a co president in oval office.

Mccain choice is simply to win election and 'will take it from there' mentality. Bomb bom bomb Iran and think afterwards why have you done so.

Finally on ideaological issues: most women and HRC women in particular are more democrat and relate to them, so voting Mccain an Palin because of some token wome on the Ticket is like voting against your interest simply because there is a woman on the ticket.

If Mccain win the election ( God forbids ) Americawill slide seriously further and they may lose their number economic nation in the world quicker than everyone thought and maybe Nigeria may become leading 20 economy in the world

Obama/Biden will look at the rest of the world with cooperative attitude and the world will be a better place.

I hopeyou can see the arguments now. it is not a MAN - V- WOMAN.  BALCK- V- WHITE
OLD- V- YOUNG, CHRISTIAN-V- MUSLIM,  RICH-V- POOR

It is about a better future of the future of america and the rest of the world.

NO McCain, No Palin, No HOw
Re: The Thrill Is Gone (what Goes Up Must Come Down) by DeepZone: 2:08am On Sep 18, 2008
He has continously said he is not running a black campaign.
Of course. Did black people vote him in there alone? This is not your tribal hausa politics abeg.
Re: The Thrill Is Gone (what Goes Up Must Come Down) by NegroNtns(m): 2:14am On Sep 18, 2008
Thanks for your in-depth analysis.  You sound like Obama - all talk and analysis, no action.  You said it should be about issues.  Point to one issue that you logically explored in your post.  The bottom line of this election is one: with all the possible reasons why McCain should not be elected, why is he Obama running a tie poll in public opinion.

I know you will say Palin.  McCain brought her in for votes.  Do you know what that is called?  COMPETENCY.  If you run an organization you are expected to reinvent and recreate opportunities that will make you stay competitive.  If you cannot stay competitive then you ought to be fired for incompetence!  

McCain is competent!  We need competent leader to run the nation.  Obama had the opportunity with Hillary, he failed to demonstrate competency and look where it has got him _ fighting and straining to stay ahead of McCain.  Whats the use of your analysis if it cannot be executed for measurable results in opinion poll.  You democrats are worthless and thats why you are going to loose this election.  cheesy
Re: The Thrill Is Gone (what Goes Up Must Come Down) by BigB11(m): 2:22am On Sep 18, 2008
McCain is competent!

@Negro_Ntns:
Did you say Mccain is competent? If McCain is competent, what is Obama?
This is a total insult!

That's it, I'm done. I'm taking a long vacation from this forum for now.
I'm sick and tired of kids talking shit just for the sake of talking.

I'm out!
Re: The Thrill Is Gone (what Goes Up Must Come Down) by DeepZone: 2:35am On Sep 18, 2008
come back baby
Re: The Thrill Is Gone (what Goes Up Must Come Down) by NegroNtns(m): 3:03am On Sep 18, 2008
BigB,

Take Obama with you out the door, . . grin
Re: The Thrill Is Gone (what Goes Up Must Come Down) by omoge(f): 3:11am On Sep 18, 2008
Rep are sending her to NY to meet with some big international people. to polish her on international issues i think  or to have something to add to her long list of accomplishment/Resume. ummm na wah o.
Re: The Thrill Is Gone (what Goes Up Must Come Down) by Ibime(m): 7:24am On Sep 18, 2008
Come on Negro. . . . . ya taking this shit too far!

Negro_Ntns:

A black man that has not visited with his American kinfolk in their hood and campaigned in their midst is going to benefit a Nigerian woman.

The same reason Republicans don't campaign in Mississipi. . . . that vote is sewn up. . . . why should he go and preach to the converted?

Negro_Ntns:

He ran from his black pastor of 20yrs for political ambition. Obama double crossed the woman in Chicago that sponsored him for the Illinois state senate. They say blood is thicker than water. Obama does not recognize blood when it comes to his ambition. He has continously said he is not running a black campaign. Here you are saying he is better for us because he is black. How black is he? Is he black in his consciousness or is he just a demographic label?

Obama is as black as it gets. . . you better believe it. . . he defended Jeremiah Wright but Wright went and opened his big mouth a second time. . . . so he had to cut him off. . . . .he left University to work as a "community organiser" in the hood when he could have earned far more on Wall Street. . . . look at his wife, a pure black woman. . . . he could have easily followed the white side of his family. . . . nah, phock it - your allegations hold no water. . . . .Obama is a real negro. . . . just ask Oprah. . . . . damn it, I know Oprah don't support no fake niggas.  cheesy

Anyway, McCain is still going to win the election. I refuse to get my hopes up for Obama.
Re: The Thrill Is Gone (what Goes Up Must Come Down) by Depilot(m): 2:58am On Sep 19, 2008
The thrill is gone
@poster
I disagree.

THE THRILL IS DEAD

(1) (Reply)

Ehindero To Be Arrested! / One Year After, Have They Delivered On Their Promises? We Assess Them / Rules On How To Live In Lagos In 2009, Lets Educate Ourselves.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.