Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Should A Real Man Of God Go With Securities - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should A Real Man Of God Go With Securities (967 Views)

Where Do People Who Haven't Heard About The Word Of God Go??? / Dr. Sign Fireman: Man Of God Or Man Of Money? (Video Documentary) / A World Without God? Go Ahead, Take Your Chances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Real Man Of God Go With Securities by chusben(m): 8:41am On Sep 18, 2008
i've seen cases where so many men of God move with security and i keep wondering because so many men of God in the bible never had any.
Re: Should A Real Man Of God Go With Securities by mikail001(m): 9:27am On Sep 18, 2008
This just points to an inviolable truth, that something is lurking somewhere. Did the Son of the Almighty ever exhibited such show of affluence? Hm, I guess He did not. He lived simply!

Let's open our hearts not our minds!
Re: Should A Real Man Of God Go With Securities by kolaoloye(m): 9:35am On Sep 18, 2008
1 Peter 5:8
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
Re: Should A Real Man Of God Go With Securities by rampagain: 12:07pm On Sep 18, 2008
@topic

i don't think so,what other securities or protection can be better or greater dan God's? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Should A Real Man Of God Go With Securities by MissyB1(m): 1:14pm On Sep 18, 2008
I think there is absolutely norrin wrong widdit.
Re: Should A Real Man Of God Go With Securities by redsun(m): 1:38am On Sep 19, 2008
What should a true man of god in sense of christ be protecting?You got to give your life to get it,sacrifice,just like christ embraced death and over came it,just like Che of Castro revolution.Nothing is worth missing in this rat-race world if you sincerely believe in heaven and all the glory.

Nigerian pastors are in the ranks of nigerian politicians in terms of manipulations and exploitations of the weak,so it is all over the world from time immemorial,the ones that knows controls the ones that doesn't,exactly what christ was against,all men are endowed with master piece abilities.
Re: Should A Real Man Of God Go With Securities by tpia: 4:54am On Sep 19, 2008
Re: Should A Real Man Of God Go With Securities by MP007(m): 7:23am On Sep 19, 2008
This requires no bible quotation but common sense, duh!
Re: Should A Real Man Of God Go With Securities by oloriooko(m): 11:04am On Sep 19, 2008
Jesus had followers who also served as body guards: Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them. Matt 19:13.

The security guys are not there to maltreat people but to take care of people that like to tread where Angels fear. grin
Re: Should A Real Man Of God Go With Securities by KunleOshob(m): 11:24am On Sep 19, 2008
oloriooko:

Jesus had followers who also served as body guards: Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: [b]and the disciples rebuked them. Matt 19:13.[/b]The security guys are not there to maltreat people but to take care of people that like to tread where Angels fear. grin

People would always quote the scripture out of context to justify the unjustifiable angry
Re: Should A Real Man Of God Go With Securities by AKO1(m): 12:15pm On Sep 19, 2008
KunleOshob:

People would always quote the scripture out of context to justify the unjustifiable angry

Lol.
Re: Should A Real Man Of God Go With Securities by tpia: 2:40pm On Sep 19, 2008
Re: Should A Real Man Of God Go With Securities by kobomoje(m): 1:53am On Sep 20, 2008
tpia:

please, this is totally out of context.

Ignorant folks will jump up now and start posting all kinds of nonsense after seeing this. undecided

please they were DISCIPLES and NOT BODYGUARDS OR SECURITY MEN!
Re: Should A Real Man Of God Go With Securities by PastorAIO: 10:33am On Sep 22, 2008
But King David went about with Armies and bands of men. Was he not a man of God? Was he not a prophet? Did he not pen songs that were full of prophetic meaning?
Re: Should A Real Man Of God Go With Securities by KunleOshob(m): 11:30am On Sep 22, 2008
Pastor AIO:

But King David went about with Armies and bands of men. Was he not a man of God? Was he not a prophet? Did he not pen songs that were full of prophetic meaning?
So pastors are now kings and they should be treated as heads of States/ presidents
Re: Should A Real Man Of God Go With Securities by Gamine(f): 12:13pm On Sep 22, 2008
I dont think its called for.

What is he afraid of?

If a MOG can go with security then i guess i should dial 080-Get-SECURE
Re: Should A Real Man Of God Go With Securities by AKO1(m): 12:32pm On Sep 22, 2008
If there is a genuine threat on a MOG's life then I think they should. God gives us His protection as well as a brain to reason.

This does not apply to MOGs alone but to everyone who can afford.

But if it is just for effizy then no no no.
Re: Should A Real Man Of God Go With Securities by PastorAIO: 12:46pm On Sep 22, 2008
KunleOshob:

So pastors are now kings and they should be treated as heads of States/ presidents

No, but Man of God does not automatically equate to no-need-for-security. Each person that is hiring security, I'm sure, has his/her own personal reason for hiring the security. Do you know whether they've received threats, or had their things burgled. Can I really judge a man on the basis of whether or not he uses security? Can I judge a man at all?
Re: Should A Real Man Of God Go With Securities by Gamine(f): 1:27pm On Sep 22, 2008
Fine , Fine

i guess everybody has the right to do what they want with their monies.

undecided undecided
Re: Should A Real Man Of God Go With Securities by KunleOshob(m): 2:02pm On Sep 22, 2008
Gamine:

Fine , Fine

undecided undecided
Well if is your money then i guess you are right but in this case it is church money that is being used and we know the purpose of church money is to assist the needy and less priviledge, not to fuel the ego of one god of man.
Re: Should A Real Man Of God Go With Securities by AKO1(m): 2:32pm On Sep 22, 2008
Gamine:

Fine , Fine

undecided undecided

Yes, especially Aunty "Africans for Obama" undecided tongue
Re: Should A Real Man Of God Go With Securities by Gamine(f): 2:54pm On Sep 22, 2008
LOL.

Omo, for the MOG God's Money is their money ooh.

Dont try them o.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Your Marriage Enjoyable / Is Alcohol Good For The Body? My Wife Benue State Drinks Too Much Of It? / Being Subsmissive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.