Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,452 members, 7,836,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

A World Without God? Go Ahead, Take Your Chances - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A World Without God? Go Ahead, Take Your Chances (680 Views)

Can You Be Good Without GOD?? / Can man live without God? Why do people who reject God seem to live happy lives / Paula White: Without Walls Or Without God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A World Without God? Go Ahead, Take Your Chances by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:56pm On Dec 22, 2008
Some of you out there might be thinking, Ah, what a jaga_jaga. A Satanist attack a Church here in Abidjan the Capitol of Ivory Coast; a condescending swipe at religious nuts who ride buses in France, a slew of books by leading Atheists holding that God is surely not only not great, but is simply hes hes Not?

It’s not a matter of choice; it’s a matter of fact. God does not need me or anyone else to believe in Him.

But I’ll defer to my own simple logic for the sake of argument: Suppose there was a 0.1% chance that God existed, and out of that 0.1%, another half a percentage point that the God of the Bible existed, the Christian Bible, with a definitive fork in the road post-mortem: heaven or hell, and an eternity there with no chance to cross over from one to the other. What is 0.05% of eternity?

Follow whichever path suits your fancy, but know this: There is a literal heaven and a literal hell.

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels… (Matthrew 25:41)

Atheists say the world does not need God because it has ethics to get it through the night undefiled. We can rely on our own goodness. But the Bible says that all men are sinners and incapable of generating our own goodness. I side with this concept. Otherwise, how could we explain such a profusion of evil in this world if man could simply will it away?

Other related issues project out of the rubble of our dying lands… drugs, murders, suicides, assisted suicides, lying, cheating, rapes, gambling, greed, thievery, envying. God took a stand on these.

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

[b]Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. (I Corinthians 6:9-10)[/b]

I simply do not want to be on that list and have to account for my being on that list in front of an Almighty God on that appointed day. Those who have made this fantastic leap of faith to the Jesus Camp won’t have to, because all of those and other sins will have been expunged from the record.

(1) (Reply)

The Bible Unearthed. / Catholic Falsehoods - Limbo / FYI: Letter from JESUS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.