|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,757,252 members, 6,552,673 topics. Date: Saturday, 23 October 2021 at 01:43 PM
|How To Discover Beautiful Skin by fellybabe(f): 10:44pm On Sep 18, 2008|
Everyone wants to have smooth and beautiful skin. You can achieve this by gathering the following ingredients, and following the simple steps below. It's simple and takes little time. A skin care program is the combination of skin care products and a routine that will be most beneficial to the skin. You will first need to consider your diet and lifestyle since these two factors play an important role in the health of a person's skin.Here's are the everyday habits you need to keep your skin beautiful:
These days we seem to be living in the fast-food age and the condition of your skin is often neglected. You still can't beat the old fruit and vegetable diet when it comes to good health and a good complexion.
* A bit of exercise and good sleep are vital, not just for skin care but for your health as a whole. A shortage of sleep can lead to formation of wrinkles below your eyes and lack of exercise can cause your skin to slack. Furthermore, exercise and sleep also help in beating stress. In addition to being a skin care tip, this is also a health care tip.
* Drink plenty of water. Adequate amounts of water not only keep your skin moist, but can aid in the overall maintenance of your skin and body health. While this step doesn't seem like much of a challenge to some, it's one skin care tip that's often overlooked.
* Eat a healthy diet with lots of fruits, vegetables and leafy green. Good nutrition is the basic building block of healthy skin.
* Be gentle with your skin. After all, it's the only skin you have, and it is protecting your entire body. Don't scrub too harshly or exfoliate too often, and don't overdo your use of skincare products.
* Keep it clean. Cleanse your skin at least once or twice a day. This is a very important skin care tip that will help to rid your skin of dirt and bacterial elements. Cleansing is particularly important when you have been away from home and exposed to pollutants, dust and debris. Another good skin care tip is to use lukewarm water for cleansing, as water that's too hot or too cold can damage your tender skin.
* Screen your skin. Always use sunscreen to shield your skin from the sun's harmful UV rays. Use moisturizers containing sunscreen every day, even when the sun is not shining. It's been proven that UV rays cause skin cancer, so you can't afford to skip this tip.
*Throw away the soap and use quality products that are right for your skin type. Discuss your home skin-care routine with your esthetician.
* Remember to put sunscreen on exposed areas like the back of your hands, neck and chest. They're often the first place to show your age.
* Keep your skin moisturized at all times. The importance of moisturizer is one of the most important skin care tips. Don't allow your skin to get dry. Dryness causes the outer layer of your skin to crack, causing a rough and unattractive appearance. Try moisturizers and emollients. Moisturizers work best when applied while the skin is still wet.
* Avoid putting soap directly on your face. Soap should only be used on skin below the neck.
* Treat skin problems with care. This skin care tip is all about not ignoring any skin problems. Consult your dermatologist/beautician before you try a new skin care product (lest you do end up harming your skin even more).
Pack those vices
Needless to say, alcohol, smoking and drugs are not really the way to having great skin.
If you are fond of any or all of these, you know why your skin looks so unhealthy.
Article Source: depositarticles.com
|Re: How To Discover Beautiful Skin by fellybabe(f): 10:57pm On Sep 18, 2008|
The Right Way to Clean Your Skin - Tips for Taking Care of Your Skin
Your skin is the largest organ in your body and you need to take care of it. Below are some helpful tips to help you with you're the cleansing of your skin. For more tips and facts go to Daily Skin Care Tips from SCG Dermatologists , you can even sing-up for a weekly email that will help you maintain, protect and improve your skin, hair and nails.
General Skin Care Cleansing Tips and Facts:
Take it off with the same care you used to put it on! It's important to take the time to thoroughly remove all makeup before going to bed to avoid breakouts and the possibility of an allergic reaction.
The Right Way to Dry Your Face:
Dry your face by patting it gently with a towel. Rubbing it briskly may irritate your skin and make it prone to dryness, redness or breakouts.
Rinse it Off:
Rinse well! After washing your skin, make sure you thoroughly rinse off all of the cleanser. If any is left on your skin, it may continue to cleanse, which can cause dryness or irritation.
Why Use a Skin Cleanser?:
Tap water alone will only remove around 65% of the dirt and oil on your skin. That's why skin cleansers were created. They work as emulsifiers to remove dirt, excess natural skin oils (called sebum), bacteria, cosmetics and exfoliated surface skin cells. To get the most out of your cleanser, choose one that's appropriate for your skin type like oily, dry or normal.
Use The Right Temperature:
Not too hot, not too cold. Use tepid water when washing your face. Water that's too hot can burn your skin or cause broken capillaries. Water that's too cold can cause the blood vessels to open excessively in an attempt to warm up your skin. Lukewarm water is the best choice.
Hand Washing 101:
Washing your hands correctly will help protect you against many bacteria and viruses. Start by washing your hands in warm water for at least 15 seconds. Using soap, rub your hands together vigorously, paying particular attention to the areas between your fingers and under your fingernails. Dry your hands with a clean dry towel. If you're in a public restroom, use paper towel to turn off the taps and open the door.
Cleansing Acne Prone Skin:
Acne cleansers remove accumulated oil, makeup, sweat and dirt from the surface of your skin. This makes it easier for your skin to absorb topical acne treatments. However, excessive use of acne cleansers can also lead to irritated and dry skin. Read the label and use acne cleansers only once or twice a d
|Re: How To Discover Beautiful Skin by steaming(f): 5:44pm On Sep 22, 2008|
But i use soap on my face, Carress skin glow and block & white. And its better on me. I have used clearasil face wash and there was just no difference.
|Re: How To Discover Beautiful Skin by fellybabe(f): 6:12pm On Sep 22, 2008|
ok, since it's good on your face. continueeeeeeeee
so whatz up?
|Re: How To Discover Beautiful Skin by MrInfo1(m): 11:26pm On Sep 23, 2008|
Plz Is DOVE a belching cream
|Re: How To Discover Beautiful Skin by fellybabe(f): 12:27am On Sep 24, 2008|
@infobaba, what are doing here? first time am seeing ur post.
dove is not a bleaching cream, it only makes skin glow
|Re: How To Discover Beautiful Skin by MrInfo1(m): 12:43pm On Sep 24, 2008|
hehehe, my people said my skin was changing o, so i had to run down here for assistance, i guess it safe to continue using "my" cream now make i no mind this bad belles bah
|Re: How To Discover Beautiful Skin by fellybabe(f): 10:36am On Sep 25, 2008|
maybe they are teasing you@infobaba
|Re: How To Discover Beautiful Skin by fellybabe(f): 10:29am On Sep 28, 2008|
|Re: How To Discover Beautiful Skin by MrInfo1(m): 12:14pm On Sep 28, 2008|
|Re: How To Discover Beautiful Skin by Nobody: 11:26pm On Sep 28, 2008|
What is a man doing using dove lotion sef?
|Re: How To Discover Beautiful Skin by MrInfo1(m): 12:35am On Oct 02, 2008|
When did dove lotion became for females only
|Re: How To Discover Beautiful Skin by uzoo: 10:04pm On Oct 09, 2008|
very useful tips you've posted here,quick question though;
how do you get rid of black heads on the face without having to pick your face?
|Re: How To Discover Beautiful Skin by fellybabe(f): 8:20am On Oct 10, 2008|
instead of picking your face, you just get apricot scrub to do the picking for you.
eden's apricot scrub or st' ives invigorating scub.
u can also use original honey mixed with lime.
|Re: How To Discover Beautiful Skin by uzoo: 10:04am On Oct 10, 2008|
i've been using st Ives invigorating scrub for months but
it does the job ,but not thoroughly,is this b'cos i use it once or twice a week?
i have tiny black heads around my cheek bones and on the lines of lips,
they arent that visible unless you look closely.
i'll try the eden,though i hate to change my skin regimen because of fear of adverse effect.
|Re: How To Discover Beautiful Skin by uzoo: 10:13am On Oct 10, 2008|
my cleansing routine are
1.i use clarins cleansing gel at night (very effective in removing every trace of make up)
2. clarins cleasing milk after my bath in the morning,then i apply clinique moisturizer
(the dry to oily skin type)
3. i use St Ives scrub once or twice a week,(its unbelievable how smooth my face gets
after scrubing with it) and then apply rose water after drying with a clean towel.it makes my face supple
and prevents it from looking all dried up from scrubbing.
|Re: How To Discover Beautiful Skin by hoodboi1(m): 8:23am On Oct 15, 2008|
oh boi una dey try oh!!!
|Re: How To Discover Beautiful Skin by ajiriavae(f): 2:40am On Oct 18, 2008|
thanks for the info. it helps whenever i'm going through those periods of laziness. now i'm myself again
|Re: How To Discover Beautiful Skin by Muesiri: 12:06pm On Oct 20, 2008|
Fellybaby, do you know any cream or good soap i can use on my skin, i had typhoid few weeks ago after the treatment
my skin colour changed am now very dark, and durin the sickness, hot water poured on my body
which makes my skin to av double colour now. do you know any toning soap i can use
|Re: How To Discover Beautiful Skin by Vannesa(f): 3:02pm On Oct 30, 2008|
my skin has become so dry that it peels and also my face i ve been using revlon cream but its not working for my skin ,i have used nivea in the past but it makes me sweat alot.pls what do i do to keep a beautiful skin
|Re: How To Discover Beautiful Skin by fellybabe(f): 2:59am On Mar 03, 2009|
|Re: How To Discover Beautiful Skin by fellybabe(f): 1:08am On Mar 08, 2009|
PERFECT BLUSH & TYPE OF FACE SHAPES
A round face is the type of face, which is equally wide long and has the greatest width at the cheek. To slenderize such a face you should apply blush on the sides of your cheekbones and blend up. To add an illusion of length you should also apply a bit of blush to your chin and blend well.
A square face has a square forehead of about the same width as the cheekbones and jaw line. For such a face beginning at the center of the eyes you should apply the blush on your cheekbones. Then blend it toward your temples and apply a dab to your forehead and chin. This will help you soften the square angle of your face.
A rectangular face has an elongated square shape. The forehead of such a face cut has about the same width as its cheekbones and jaw line. For such a face you should apply blush on your cheekbones below the outer corners of the eyes and blend well. Be sure that the blush does not extend lower than the tip of your nose.
An oval face is believed to be the ideal face cut. Such a face has forehead wider than the chin. The cheekbones of this face are dominant with the face tapering from the cheeks to a narrow oval chin. You should use your fingertips in order to locate the most prominent part of your cheekbone. And then apply the blush and blend towards your temples. It will highlight your cheekbones.
A triangular face has a wide forehead and high cheekbones. Such a face tapers to a narrow chin. You should apply blush on the sides of your cheekbones. Blend up from your cheekbones to your temple and then extend the blush over your brow a bit toward the center of your forehead. This will help you balance the width of your forehead with the rest of your face.
|Re: How To Discover Beautiful Skin by fellybabe(f): 1:11am On Mar 08, 2009|
[b][/b] HOW TO CHOOSE CONCEALER
1. The liquid concealer
Those who have dry skin should choose the liquid concealer. The liquid concealer also helps to camouflage larger areas such as the dark circles around your eyes.
2. Solid Concealer
Though the liquid concealer is considered as the best foundation but the solid concealer is considered better when it is time to hide certain problem areas such as pimples, scars and bruises.
3. Stick Concealer
The stick concealer is said to provide direct on-the-spot application. The stick concealer is recommended for the best coverage but when it is question of the minimum coverage the liquid concealer could also be used.
How to choose a concealer type
The choice of a concealer type also depends on the area you want to cover. The dry concealer is considered better for covering up the face in general whereas for the delicate areas such as under-eye area, the cream concealer should be preferred.
* You should choose a makeup concealer that is not only lightweight but at the same time creamy also.(MARYKAY, MAYBELLINE MATTE FOUNDATION)
* You should go for a concealer that is water-resistant and fragrance-free.
|Re: How To Discover Beautiful Skin by fellybabe(f): 1:14am On Mar 08, 2009|
HOW TO APPLY COLOR CORRECTOR
In case you use a color corrector, ensure that you apply a very small amount of it and then only apply foundation. When you find that it has set, once again apply a tiny amount of the color corrector.
Here comes a list of the color correctors to help you get that all-important match:
* >Green - Cuts and tones down redness
* Apricot - Brightens cooler skin tones
* Peach - Brightens cooler skin tones
* Rose - Lifts sallow complexions and gives a glow
* Lilac - Cuts excess yellow in the skin and lifts sallow complexions
* Blue - Takes down orangey skin tones, also corrects bad self-tan applications!
* Bronze - Brightens and lifts nearly all skin tones. Gives a healthy sun-kissed look
* Gold - Accentuates golden skin tones and suntans
* Silver - Brightens cooler skins. Usually only done in the evening!
* Yellow - Brightens warmer skin tones, downplay bluish discolorations
|Re: How To Discover Beautiful Skin by fellybabe(f): 1:16am On Mar 08, 2009|
CONCEALER TIPS AND TRICKS
During the makeup concealer is used in order to conceal camouflages dark circles, tiny lines, and minor blemishes.
* If you find that your concealer goes dry during the day, you should try dabbing on eye cream or gel to revive then set with powder.
* You should use a small brush or your fingertip for this purpose and apply only where needed.
* You should try choosing a concealer that is one shade lighter than your natural skin tone. Doing so will help you cover dark circles and blemishes more naturally.
* You can add yellow eye shadow to concealer or foundation to conceal dark circles.
* You can add blue or green eye shadow to concealer or foundation to correct ruddy tones and broken capillaries.
* You can also use the residue in the cap of your foundation as the perfect concealer. It is slightly dehydrated, which makes it just the right thickness to conceal.
* After applying the concealer if it gives a heavy look then you should apply a little bit of eye cream over it. You can also mix the concealer with some eye cream to make it a 'treatment' concealer.
|Re: How To Discover Beautiful Skin by fellybabe(f): 1:17am On Mar 08, 2009|
HOW TO APPLY CONCEALER CORRECTLY
It is not just the concealer but also the right way of applying the concealer that gives you the desired look. So make sure that when you apply concealer you follow the right way.
* Use of brush and fingers to apply Concealer
* Use the brush to apply the concealer. It will enable you to place the concealer precisely where it is required.
* In case you prefer to use your finger then opt for the ring finger, as it applies less pressure on your delicate skin.
* Gently pat concealer on with fingertips or brush on with a soft flat brush.
Applying the concealer
You should apply the concealer in the inner corners of the nose by the eyes and the dark areas under the eyes. To give a perfect look to your skin gently pat the concealer on with your fingertips and then cover the entire under-eye area and outside area of the eyes. Concealer first or foundation
* When you are using liquid or solid foundation then you should apply the concealer only after the foundation but when you are using a cream-to-powder foundation then you should use the concealer first and then only the foundation.
* To apply concealer, dot it on and then blend gently with a dry wedge sponge or clean finger. It will help you in concentrated pigment and intense seamless coverage of the intended area. You can also dot some concealer over foundation, before powder for added coverage.
* To keep things as natural as possible, apply your foundation first and then top up the cover on only the inner half of the under eye. This way if you have the beginnings of fine lines, you are not adding weight to the outer half and showing off the problem.
* If you are not using a color corrector then you should apply your foundation as normal. After that apply nearly dried concealer over the foundation in light patting strokes. And then reapply a bit of foundation in the same way.
* While using liquid or solid foundation, best results could be obtained by applying concealer afterwards. But when using a cream-to-powder foundation, concealer should go on first.
Under Eye Concealer A neutral shade of under eye concealer can help you neutralize the purple or brown tones of bruising, under eye circles and other concealing challenges. Concealer should cover entire under-eye, including outside of eye to give it lift.
Use of darker concealer You should also note that the darker the circle is around your eyes the darker the concealer should be. You should test the color of a concealer over the foundation that you apply. If you find that the effect is invisible then it means you have chosen the correct shade.
Concealer for Sensitive Skin If your skin is sensitive then you should choose a concealer that contains only pure mineral pigment color and no dyes, oils, talc or starch.
How To Use Concealer
* You should apply the concealer with a fine brush or with pointy cotton swabs.
* Remember that the concealer is only meant to hide small blemishes or unevenness in the skin and not to cover up major skin flaws.
* This makeup must be applied in a very directional manner otherwise it runs the risk of giving you look of a 'cake '.
* When you are using your hands to apply the concealer you should always use little amount of it. A good rule is that it should be in such amount that you are able to see your fingertip when you have taken the concealer on it.
|Re: How To Discover Beautiful Skin by fellybabe(f): 1:19am On Mar 08, 2009|
HOW TO CHOOSE THE COLOR OF CONCEALER
You should choose a concealer color that matches your skin tone. So instead of pink, green or white concealers go for a yellow-based concealer because it is more likely to match your skin tone and foundation.
Do not forget that without the selection of the right color of concealer, you may get your trouble spots highlighted rather than concealed.
Natural Looking Concealer
A more natural looking concealer is a cream-to-powder foundation. Match it to the shade of liquid or cream foundation.
|Re: How To Discover Beautiful Skin by fellybabe(f): 1:22am On Mar 08, 2009|
When it is time to choose the right foundation for your skin then you first need to determine which type of foundation is right for your skin type. And then only you should pick the right color and also the right type of the foundation for yourself.
Choosing The Right Foundation Color
* The best way to find out the right color of foundation for your skin tone is little daring one. You need to be brave enough to go shopping with no foundation on but armed with a compact mirror. There in the shop you can easily try out different bases on your face. And then select the most suitable foundation color for your skin.
* When choosing the right color always remember that a perfect foundation should be identical to your skin tone.
* Thus go in for a yellow-based foundation and avoid foundations that feature pink, peach and orange tones.
* While choosing the perfect tone of foundation test it in natural lighting.
* Apply some amount to your neck and then swipe a little of the foundation onto your jaw line, blending it gently into your skin.
* It should match with your skin tone and should completely disappear.
* You can blend a little amount of foundation onto your cheek, near your jaw line and then go out into the daylight.
* If you barely see any foundation applied on your face then it means it is the right color for you. It simply means that the color of foundation should match and blend right in with your actual skin color.
* You can also buy two colors of foundations and blend them together to get the desired color.
* After you find the right color base the best option is to buy the 'translucent powder ', which is slightly pale. This will not affect the color of the foundation but will help you set the base.
* Make sure that you steer clear of any base that looks slightly pink or orange.
* If you have a very dark skin tone then you should either have yellow or red undertones.
* Very often the central panel of your face is lighter as compared to the outer part of your face. Therefore you should try to get a base that is a shade between the two tones so that you maintain a balance.
|Re: How To Discover Beautiful Skin by fellybabe(f): 1:30am On Mar 08, 2009|
FOUNDATION AND YOUR SKIN TYPE
There are a wide variety of foundations available in the market today like liquid foundation, cream foundation, powder foundation and compact. Therefore finding the right type of foundation for your skin type naturally becomes daunting.
* In case you have got that oily skin then you should use an oil free or water-based foundation.
* In case you have got that dry skin then you should use the liquid foundation or the rich cream.
* You should test the foundation just under the jaw line. Doing so will immediately let you know whether this will be invisible on the face or not.
* Usually the women make mistake by testing the foundation color on their cheek. The cheek area is often darker than the other parts of the face therefore it is not the right way of testing.
* Those who have fair complexion, have yellow pigments in their skin, so they should look for the foundation with yellow undertones in oil-free formulations.
* Whereas those who have dark complexion, their skin reflects more light and is generally more oily.
|Re: How To Discover Beautiful Skin by fellybabe(f): 1:31am On Mar 08, 2009|
Foundation is used to even out your skin tone and to give that beautiful flawless finish on your face. Application of the foundation is the first step towards creating the perfect base for the rest of your make-up. Therefore it becomes more important to take your time to choose the correct color and other factors while selecting the right foundation.
The application of the foundation helps minimize fine fines, provides moisture, smoothes out wrinkles, and leaves the skin feeling youthful and luminous.
|Re: How To Discover Beautiful Skin by fellybabe(f): 1:34am On Mar 08, 2009|
FOUNDATION TIPS AND TRICKS
# The best tip for application of foundation is that when you apply it, it should not be noticeable by anyone but you. Foundation should always match your skin tone exactly.
* You should test the shade of your foundation on your jaw line to ensure that it matches your complexion.
* While choosing the foundation always keep in your mind that foundations look slightly darker in the bottle.
* You should blend in the foundation gently with the help of a makeup sponge.
* The right foundation for your skin is that foundation, which disappears into your skin.
* If you discover that you are between shades then you can blend two foundation colors together.
* The darker is the skin the darker is the shade of yellow. So you should choose a foundation with yellow undertones so that it will blend in nicely and not look painted on when applied.
* You should tap the foundation on with help of a sponge or finger.
* To give the skin a dewy finish, moisten a gauze pad or washcloth in astringent and gently pat the made up face. The astringent will remove the matte look of makeup and leave the skin radiant.
* You should open your mouth while applying the foundation. Doing so will help you expose the neck area and eliminate an obvious line at the jaw line.
* You should keep two shades of foundation in your collection. One that is suitable for winter and the other suitable for summer skin. And during rest of the year, the two colors will match perfectly with your skin tone if mixed together.
* After you have applied the makeup, take apart a tissue, and pat over your face. This will not only blend the makeup together but also soften your look.
* If you want a tan look then you should not use a darker foundation but use a bronzer as your last step of make-up.
* Yellow-based foundations work best on most skin types, because they neutralize any pink or red undertones and result in a clearer complexion.
* You should try to avoid pink-based foundations because they often end up looking too pink on the skin.
* Make sure that you allow the foundation to dry after applying it.
* You should use cream or longwearing foundations for heavier coverage.
* You should use lotions or tinted moisturizers for the lighter coverage.
* The tinted moisturizer works well for summer but may not last as long.
* You might find that you need a slightly darker shade of makeup for summer.
* You should moisten the fingertips and blend makeup along the jaw line so there is no demarcation line.
* In case you find that oil surfaces during the day, you should blot the area with a tissue then apply a light dusting of powder.
* You should always apply powder to set make-up and reapply throughout the day in order to prevent shine.
* You should apply the foundation nearly ten minutes after the moisturizer because if you do not allow the moisturizer to get absorbed into the skin, your foundation may come off within few hours.
|Re: How To Discover Beautiful Skin by fellybabe(f): 1:35am On Mar 08, 2009|
TYPES OF FOUNDATIONS
Foundations are available in the market in different forms. You can choose any of them according to your skin tone. All of these different types of foundation have different qualities to give you the desired look and therefore each of them is special. Here are the main types of foundation to help you know their special qualities.
Liquid foundations are usually suitable for almost all types of skin therefore they are considered the most versatile type of foundation. Liquid foundations offer light to medium coverage. They not only offer sheer coverage to your face but also provide a natural look to it. These foundations blend easily and are also easy to apply. The Liquid Foundations are available with water-based and oil-based formulas. They are available in moisturizing formulas with a satin finish for dry skin or oil-free versions with a matte finish for oily skins.
Cream foundations are not always a favorable choice. They offer light to medium coverage, slightly heavier than a liquid foundation. Though the cream foundation goes on smooth at the time of application but it dries very quickly and thus making blending little difficult. The Cream Foundations are popular for they provide not only heavy coverage but also more intense moisturizing properties, which make them ideal for the normal, dry and especially extra-dry skin types. You should avoid using it if you have oily or combination skin.
Compact foundations are considered the best for the oily and normal skin types. Compact foundations generally provide a light, sheer matte coverage to the skin when applied with the help of a dry sponge whereas, they provide a heavier matte coverage to the skin when applied with a wet sponge.
Dual Active Powder Foundation
Dual Active Foundation, as the name implies, is a combination of the foundation and powder in one. The Dual Active Powder foundation is considered ideal for on-the-go women. These are the women who are short of time and yet they need to look great in seconds. This foundation provides the easy application of the powder with the excellent coverage of a foundation.
Dual-Finish Compact Foundations
Dual Finish Compact Foundations are liquid to powder or cream to powder foundations. They offer light coverage, which is just great for the combination skin. But those who have excessively dry skin or who need heavier coverage should avoid this foundation because such foundation can tend to dry out your face.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 299