Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities (1499 Views)

8 Nigerian Celebrities And The American Stars They Resemble [photos] / 50 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Most Embarrassing Moments Ever / Nigerian celebrities and their luxury cars! (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities by NINETOFIVE(m): 2:49am On Jul 09, 2006
I came across so many threads on this site [ NAIRALAND], about our Nigerian celebrities and our African American celebrities, am more convince now than ever, that so many black people has problem with inferiority complex, I don't mean this in a negative way, if you browse through other forums, the only time they talk about black people is when they talk of something negative, don't you think is time we support our own brothers and sisters?, stop all the negativity please, Can somebody please tell me what's the problem with our people.
Re: Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities by Ciaralover(f): 2:55am On Jul 09, 2006
are u trying to say that we need to love all black celebrities cause they are black!!I beg stop it cause it makes no sense when u where the same person hating on Michael Jackson!!
Re: Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities by diddy4(m): 2:56am On Jul 09, 2006
it is said that when u critize people, you make them better. we promote them, we love them, we just want them to be the best thats why some critize.
Re: Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities by diddy4(m): 2:57am On Jul 09, 2006
secondly we mustnt love all of them cuzz i for one dont like R.kelly.
Re: Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities by hotangel2(f): 2:59am On Jul 09, 2006
Im sure that there's no human on the surface of this earth, be him/her white or black. That person must have critics/haters.

So if you check this threads well, u'll see that, there are people who appreciate them. Others that criticize them only do it so that they'll be better.
Re: Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities by Ciaralover(f): 3:02am On Jul 09, 2006
@nine

Fa once can u stop talking about color, first it was MOST CRIMES ARE COMMITED BY WHITE now its WE SHOULD LOVE ALL BLACK  CELEBRITIES!!Can u please go color blinb, i beg

@ diddy
each time i listen to R. Kelly music i always fall in love wit him eventhough i want to hate him, the guiy is amazing!!He is a music Genius!!
Re: Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities by diddy4(m): 3:04am On Jul 09, 2006
and a damn pervert.
Re: Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities by dbounddy(m): 3:08am On Jul 09, 2006
i am sorry, i disagrre with all of you .   I am not a  perv bu i think R.kkelly's case is just blown out of proportion , afterall in Africa some girls get married by the age of 12 , so please do talk my boy like that.
Re: Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities by diddy4(m): 3:09am On Jul 09, 2006
if im right, u said marriage and not making a sex tape.
Re: Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities by dbounddy(m): 3:11am On Jul 09, 2006
wat do married people do ? sex right and some coouples tape theirs.
Re: Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities by diddy4(m): 3:11am On Jul 09, 2006
well, they are married arent they?
Re: Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities by Ciaralover(f): 3:12am On Jul 09, 2006
what is the point of him making a video about it, and the girl was 15 and he is like in his late 30 and he got a baby mama at home, why cant he go sleep wit her instead of giving himself a bad name!!People really respected him!!
Re: Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities by NINETOFIVE(m): 3:14am On Jul 09, 2006
To Ciaralover

You don't understand why I dislike Michael Jackson, I dislike Michael Jackson because he hated being black, he even said and I quote that his greatest regret is that he was born black, you are not more of Michael Jackson fan than I was, I can sing all Michael Jackson songs from A-Z exactly the way he sang it even better, there is a thin line between love and hate, may be you should try and understand me, and to me now he is not my brother, he is not black.
Re: Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities by dbounddy(m): 3:16am On Jul 09, 2006
he didnt force her, it was with her consent yeah i understand he is 30 but the girl consented to it. afterall 10 yr olds fck around these days
Re: Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities by diddy4(m): 3:20am On Jul 09, 2006
a 30 years old man cant judge better abi? with all the older girls around, 15 was the one he wanted.
Re: Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities by dbounddy(m): 3:22am On Jul 09, 2006
and i5 yr old wanted him
Re: Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities by diddy4(m): 3:25am On Jul 09, 2006
everybody wants him but he should be able to use his head not his joystick.
Re: Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities by dbounddy(m): 3:28am On Jul 09, 2006
well not everyone digs the best looking guy in the world , both of them just wwanted to fck , they did it.
Re: Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities by diddy4(m): 3:29am On Jul 09, 2006
and he is taking the fall for it.
Re: Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities by NINETOFIVE(m): 3:38am On Jul 09, 2006
To diddy4

I understand you can criticize but people should do it more constructively.
Re: Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities by diddy4(m): 3:39am On Jul 09, 2006
well, about that, not eerone knows how to do that. they just say their mind and dats it. its all good though. i gottchu.
Re: Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities by Ciaralover(f): 3:41am On Jul 09, 2006
now Ninetofive i get ya point, ma mother even hate him fa doing that too!!
Re: Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities by NINETOFIVE(m): 3:50am On Jul 09, 2006
To Ciara lover

Please go back to that Michael Jackson thread, and read my post again I beg you in Jesus name you will see why I hate white men and it will surely help you to understand me, please let me know when you 've read it, please I insist,
thank you.
Re: Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities by NINETOFIVE(m): 3:53am On Jul 09, 2006
Ciaralover:

now Ninetofive i get ya point, ma mother even hate him fa doing that too!!

This is only what I was trying to explain
Re: Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities by iice(f): 8:11am On Jul 09, 2006
Black, white, green, yellow, red, abeg na still ppl, as for MJ he's totally wacked now, RKelly i like his songs but i dont really care if he's alive or dead, As for the topic, we not bringing them down, if they r doing gr8t, we applaud them, if they are doing bad we either sympathize or trash them so that they can get themselves back up, bringing them down would be if they were doing real well, we'd still be bad mouthing them undecided
Re: Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities by Nobody: 4:03am On Jul 11, 2006
rkelly is like the new king of r&b he makes good music n hes from chicago comon whats better than that? wink

anyways this topic, what do u expect? everyone is not gonna like every celeb out there n there's always gonna be criticism.
Re: Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities by Nella(f): 10:51pm On Aug 18, 2006
who's bring them dowm?, if u gat d talent gud 4 u, if u don't well 2 bad!
but no one is bringing ny one down. besides there r quite more african American celebrity,
in some business than white (e.g, In music!)
Re: Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities by neelsel(f): 4:01am On Aug 19, 2006
Has anyone here ever heard about the term "constructive criticism"? Well from the many negative posts I have read with regards to Nigerian celebrities have definitely put a sour taste in my mouth. I strongly believe in growth in all aspect of life and am very much elated with I see my people progress in all manner of life. However, I think there needs to be a limit. Jesus said, and I am paraphasing, that a prophet has no honour in its own land. Sad to say this holds to be very true. This Napolean complexity that we black people seem to can't rid ourselves of need to stop.
Don't get me wrong, criticism once utilized in its correct form is great, however, one must be cautious. Remember Rome wasn't built in a day.
For the enquiring minds, No am NOT Nigerian, but I am hurt constantly by the pessimistic remarks that I read here daily. Honestly, I am beginning to seriously consider whether or not I should remain a part of this forum. Since my introduction here, I have begin view my people,( yes my people, I was taught in school that my fore parents came from Africa) in a whole different light.
Hollywood was like Nollywood once upon a time. Be patient in time Nollywood would reap its harvest. So instead of using our tongues to stiffle their creativity, why not be constructive so as to enable its speedy sucess.
Re: Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities by kencodes: 2:21pm On May 01, 2010
White Men are just deceivers, cuz they mislead Micheal Jackson to death, i believe in blacks more than so called whites.
Re: Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities by tpia5: 1:47am On Mar 05, 2013
nigerians are so sentimental and emotional about their celebrities [mostly on a tribal basis], but do the celebrities feel the same way towards them.
Re: Stop Bringing Down Nigerian Celebrities And African Americans Celebrities by tpia5: 1:54am On Mar 05, 2013
and @ topic

we've all seen the "benefits" or is it results of your unwavering support for your celebs.

kudos.

nollywood is now known far and wide and nigeria is more famous as well.

as for nigerian leaders, no need to support them, they are certainly no angels especially if from other tribes.

no pity for the suffering masses at all.

(1) (Reply)

Desmond Elliot Is Gorgeous / Van Vicker With His Chinese Fan / Johnny Depp Apologizes For Rape Comment In Vanity Fair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.