Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,657 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Women Know Little About Menstruation. The Shocking Research - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Women Know Little About Menstruation. The Shocking Research (816 Views)

Ladies, See The Shocking Effect Of Postinor 2 (drug For Prevention Of Pregnancy) / My Menstruation Date Is Not Stable / No Menstruation 6 Months After Giving Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Women Know Little About Menstruation. The Shocking Research by danyashi(m): 11:52am On Sep 20, 2008
As a final year medical student in Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, I decided to write my project on MENSTRUATION. I knew, from the cases we were seeing in ABUTH that women know very little of what they do monthly. Thus my project topic was MENSTRUATION: KNOWLEDGE ATTITUDE AND PRACTICE AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS.

The data I collected and subsequent statistical facts I generated from the data were shocking to even my supervisor"Dr S. H. Idris a consultant Community physician".

Only 6.63% of 347 students can correctly define menstruation! Women use all kind of things to manage menstrual blood. Am placing this in a public forum to remind our parents that is high time we started talking to our girls about the inevitable, teach them, educate them, and clear their doubts on issues related to menstruation.

The abstract of this research work will be available on our forum for your comment so register at the forum today and be part of a discussion that can turn your life for good, forever.

enter our forum at Virtual Clinic

(1) (Reply)

Possible Causes Of Infertility In Men / Lost My Period & Test Shows Not Pregnant. Help! / Should I Become Gay For Money? Pls Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.