Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. (2925 Views)

African Migrant Caught Hiding In Car's Engine In Attempt To Enter Spain(photo) / Nigeria Suspends Gambian National Airline Over Ebola Virus / Illegal Entry By Spain In The Schengen Information System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 21, 2008
Spain in Gambian migrant mix-up

A Spanish plane deporting more than 100 illegal immigrants to The Gambia has been forced to return to Spain with the migrants on board.

Gambian authorities refused to let the deportees disembark, saying Madrid had not given them enough time to prepare.

Spanish officials expressed surprise, saying The Gambia had approved the repatriation.

The migrants were being returned under an immigration accord signed between the two countries in 2006.

The plane was left stranded at Banjul airport for seven hours before being cleared to return.

It landed back in the Canary Islands late on Friday.

"The Gambian authorities were not ready to receive the migrants in that short time," Gambian ambassador to Spain, Kebba Touray, said.

He told Reuters the two governments were now thrashing out a new date for the migrants to be sent home to Gambia.

Spanish news agency Efe reported that many of the migrants would exceed the maximum time in detention this week, and may be set free.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7627647.stm
Re: Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. by Thor(m): 10:21am On Sep 21, 2008
They should have just dumped them off the plane without asking. After all they were in their own country lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

The more illegal immigrants that are deported the better angry angry
Re: Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. by benincitys(f): 10:33am On Sep 21, 2008
lucky people God was on their side.
Re: Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. by Thor(m): 10:47am On Sep 21, 2008
benincitys:

lucky people God was on their side.

Lets hope that God sees fit to pack their illegal scum asses back to the Gambia ASAP  angry angry

Re: Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. by benincitys(f): 10:26pm On Sep 21, 2008
let wish them well is not easy to live in Africa .
Re: Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. by Thor(m): 8:07am On Sep 22, 2008
benincitys:

let wish them well is not easy to live in Africa .

Very true, but that's where they belong undecided undecided

They are not Europeans, they are Africans lipsrsealed

If people keep trying to run away to developed countries what will happen back at home?
Re: Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. by benincitys(f): 9:17am On Sep 22, 2008
Thor:

If people keep trying to run away to developed countries what will happen back at home?
on this i agree with you .
Re: Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 22, 2008
i know nigerians may be in that plane .
Re: Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. by landis(m): 3:32pm On Sep 22, 2008
Thor:

unfounded statement.

There was no Americans 500yrs ago only RED INDIANS. European left europe, kill the red indians and turn the place to America.

You belong to where ever you found your happiness.

If they can find theirs in Spain, so be it.
Re: Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. by SeanT21(f): 5:28pm On Sep 22, 2008
landis:

unfounded statement.

There was no Americans 500yrs ago only RED INDIANS. European left europe, kill the red indians and turn the place to America.

You belong to where ever you found your happiness.

If they can find theirs in Spain, so be it.

Are u saying it was right for them to go their illegally.
Re: Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. by landis(m): 6:09pm On Sep 22, 2008
SeanT21:

Are u saying it was right for them to go their illegally.

did the European went to 'red indians america' legally or illegally?

did the brits came to Lagos legally or illegally?
Re: Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. by K2: 7:10pm On Sep 22, 2008
landis:

did the European went  to 'red indians america' legally or illegally?

did the brits came to Lagos legally or illegally?
My point exactly. No human being is illegal. They started shouting illegal after they've looted our goods and are now being paid back in their own coin.
Re: Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. by blackspade(m): 10:33pm On Sep 22, 2008
I wish they would look at these people as human beings and not criminals. People have to realize that 99% of illegal immigrants entering Europe are going looking for a way to survive because they can't find any other way in Africa. I wish they would set up some type of program where the Africans would get a chance to be settled legally, and work their way to citizenship. It's not their fault they can't find the necessary outlets to be considered a "skilled migrant", it' the governments fault. As always, I wish they would stop just kicking our people out for trying to survive.
Re: Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. by landis(m): 7:58am On Sep 23, 2008
I wish they would set up some type of program where the Africans would get a chance to be settled legally, and work their way to citizenship.

It is not as simple as that. tax, retirement benefit. Most EU/US are built on capitalism => credit.

But spanish govt has a program to get WORK VISA for senegalese for 6month. Pay very little tax and go back home.

But will they make good use of this money at home??
Re: Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. by kadman(m): 8:08am On Sep 23, 2008
Thor:

And yet your location shows you are in UK. That's the height of hypocrisy
Re: Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. by Thor(m): 7:52pm On Sep 25, 2008
kadman:

And yet your location shows you are in UK. That's the height of hypocrisy

I was born in the UK and my parents came to the UK legally in the 1950's
Re: Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. by landis(m): 7:52am On Sep 26, 2008
I was born in the UK and my parents came to the UK legally in the 1950's

There you go.

How did your parent came legally to UK in 50s?

They were not 'original UK'; so they overstayed and apply to be UK citizen.

And in 2008, these guys want same for their KIDS(same thing your parents provided for you) and you attacking them: shame.

I always knew that we BLACKS are more racist; otherwise, we would not have so much poverty among us.

The WORLD is open to everyone.

These guy children should also be able to say in 2040:

I was born in spain, My parent came to spain in 2008.
Re: Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. by kadman(m): 10:18am On Sep 26, 2008
@ Landis

Thank o jare. He said people are running to developed countries,who will stay home ? What a question. Why can't he pack his bags back to Nigeria since he is looking for who will stay home.

As you said in 2040 the children of the Spanish immigrants will be singing the same tune he is singing now.
Re: Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. by shotster50(m): 4:40am On Oct 03, 2008
Its the typical hypocrisy inherent in second generation immigrants. They see all those stuff about Africa on TV and they believe all those sterotypes and therefore they try in every opportunity to knock Africans thinking as they are doing so that they are different / superior, Dude in plainspeak you've got issues with your African background dont bring it up here pls.
Re: Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. by Thor(m): 1:59pm On Oct 05, 2008
I have no issues with my African background, but that does not mean that just because i am African i have to be dishonest, illegal and commit criminal activities.

My parents came legally to the UK under invitation, not illegally. it seems to allot of you, being African is all about being dishonest and breaking rules.

If you do not have permission to travel to a country then stay at home lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. by shotster50(m): 7:02pm On Oct 06, 2008
@Thor,   you just answered yourself,  'just because i am African i have to be dishonest, illegal and commit criminal activities' . Most of these so called illegal  immigrants ( barring asylum seekers) just want to come and work if they are given the chance. We seem to always focus a lot on the negatives , conveniently forgetting the positives. These people do jobs so called British citizens wont do. And they do it with a smile on their faces.

No matter what anyone says, no matter what kind of legislation, no matter what kind of biometric technology as long as there is poverty in this world, there will always be illegal immigrants.

Sometimes its just so easy for us to sit here and blame everything on them.  As long as we have Dictatorships and wars being aided and abetted by the western world there will always be illegal immigrants.
Re: Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. by Thor(m): 10:45am On Oct 12, 2008
shotster50:

@Thor, you just answered yourself, 'just because i am African i have to be dishonest, illegal and commit criminal activities' . Most of these so called illegal immigrants ( barring asylum seekers) just want to come and work if they are given the chance. We seem to always focus a lot on the negatives , conveniently forgetting the positives. These people do jobs so called British citizens wont do. And they do it with a smile on their faces.

No matter what anyone says, no matter what kind of legislation, no matter what kind of biometric technology as long as there is poverty in this world, there will always be illegal immigrants.

Sometimes its just so easy for us to sit here and blame everything on them. As long as we have Dictatorships and wars being aided and abetted by the western world there will always be illegal immigrants.

They are still illegal immigrants and breaking the law. They know what they are doing is illegal and even if they make it into the country that they desire they are already criminals.

Take the UK, we can not take anymore illegal immigrants, we are finding it hard to support the legal ones. Forget all the cries of human rites, the illegal immigrants should be immediately deported after they have served a six month hard labor sentence at a filthy, rat infested prison, set-up for the purpose. maybe then they will go home and tell their families that it is not worth it lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I would personally torpedo immigrant boats travelling from Africa to Europe, would not take long for some of these criminals to learn the lesson.

Africa is totally bleeped up, nothing to do with colonialism, it has allot to do with corruption, primitive education, lack of morals, culture and values. Africans have to make Africa better and stop trying to illegally burden other countries.
Re: Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. by biolabee(m): 11:06am On Oct 12, 2008
Thor,

notwithstanding your personal givings about illegal immigrants saying that you wish to torpedo boats with africans in them or throw them in the slammer smacks of irate insensitivity,,,,

the issue of illegal immigration is a modern issue as modern nations restructured and the fact is that citizenship is a privilege and not a right bestowed by the nation,
its true but unfortunate that africans are seeking for betterment due to decrepit living conditions but that does not make you to sit upon your high horse and feel good about it.
Re: Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. by Thor(m): 8:29pm On Oct 12, 2008
biolabee:

its true but unfortunate that africans are seeking for betterment due to decrepit living conditions but that does not make you to sit upon your high horse and feel good about it.

I do not feel good about it, but for the good of Africa, they should say and try and change their own countries for the better.

If the only solution when times are bad is to run away to another land, what will eventually become of many African nations?
Re: Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. by biolabee(m): 9:05pm On Oct 12, 2008
thor

most of the modern western powers developed on the strength of immigration from other countries

USA - irish, african, dutch etc
UK - carribean,african etc

all these we know very well

on the issue of staying back, man by nature would always want to better his lot and he would always want to move to a better place ala declaration of independence,

it is only when one can eat well, have shelter and be clothed that is when the betterment of ones environment or polity becomes paramount

it is unfortunate our elite/leaders donot see the inherent loss in this that the best of our human capital moving to other shores is still our loss

May God help us

well all i can say is that most of the
Re: Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. by landis(m): 1:26pm On Oct 13, 2008
Thor:

I do not feel good about it, but for the good of Africa, they should say and try and change their own countries for the better.

If the only solution when times are bad is to run away to another land, what will eventually become of many African nations?

There you go.

why cant the Irish stay in Europe during the great famine of 1845??

why cant the spanish stay on the country and came to africa in 1502?

why cant European stay in EU instead of going to AMERICA to wipe out the red-indians in 1492?

Please spare us your half-backed stories.
Re: Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. by kaboom: 1:33pm On Oct 13, 2008
U R NOT CERTIFIED 2 GET A GOOD WIFE EVEN IN CHURCH,BUT KEEP GOING 2 GOOD HANGOUTS NOT NITE CLUBS OR FAST FUD JOINS OR BETTER PRAY 2 GOD 2 OPEN UR EYEZ BUT KEEP SEARCHING WHILE PRAY'N
Re: Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. by JJYOU: 1:38pm On Oct 13, 2008
kaboom:

U R NOT CERTIFIED 2 GET A GOOD WIFE EVEN IN CHURCH,BUT KEEP GOING 2 GOOD HANGOUTS NOT night CLUBS OR FAST FUD JOINS OR BETTER PRAY 2 GOD 2 OPEN UR EYEZ BUT KEEP SEARCHING WHILE PRAY'N
sad better wives in night clubs than church. this is an indictment
Re: Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. by shotster50(m): 6:11am On Oct 17, 2008
@ Thor,

Like i said earlier, no matter what People like you say or do, there will still be illegal immigrants. If you feel that Africans need to sort themselves out, why dont you the wise one go and help sort out the problems after all arent you African by heritage?
Re: Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. by Thor(m): 9:51am On Oct 19, 2008
shotster50:

@ Thor,

Like i said earlier, no matter what People like you say or do, there will still be illegal immigrants. If you feel that Africans need to sort themselves out, why don't you the wise one go and help sort out the problems after all arent you  African by heritage?

Yes I am, but I find the number of Africans who come to Europe and  end up being  involved in crimes, especially the Nigerians to be totally unacceptable.  Many do not want to work when they are here and live off tax payers money, state benefits and other hand-outs. what value do these people bring to the UK?

We can not afford to be the nanny to the worlds underprivileged or lazy people.

We do not need that type of person in the UK! Unless you are invited, STAY AT HOME lipsrsealed
Re: Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. by shotster50(m): 8:13pm On Oct 19, 2008
Honestly Thor, do you see that happening soon. We dont live in an ideal world.
Re: Spain In Gambian Migrant Mix Up. by landis(m): 9:54am On Oct 20, 2008
Thor:

Yes I am, but I find the number of Africans who come to Europe and end up being involved in crimes, especially the Nigerians to be totally unacceptable. Many do not want to work when they are here and live off tax payers money, state benefits and other hand-outs. what value do these people bring to the UK?

We can not afford to be the nanny to the worlds underprivileged or lazy people.

We do not need that type of person in the UK! Unless you are invited, STAY AT HOME lipsrsealed

yeah, yeah. like your folks were invited to UK and ended up staying.

You simply jealous of those NIGERIANS making success in UK.

You know what? Nothing you can do about it.

And who invited the 'EUROPEANS' that came to steal africas wealth in 1500??

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can Someone Get A Kosovo Visa / Mutilated Picture On My Intl Passport / USA B1-B2 RE-INTERVIEW After Visa Consular Said Your Visa Is Approved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.