Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,329 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

A Compiler that enables Nigerians to Code In our local languages - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / A Compiler that enables Nigerians to Code In our local languages (3155 Views)

How To Code Your Own Personal Assistant In Python / Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics / Recommend A Compiler For C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Compiler that enables Nigerians to Code In our local languages by carmelily: 1:14pm On Nov 05, 2008
Oh my! This thread makes me very happy. I'm a linguist and i started a related thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=160390.msg2686138#msg2686138

I can't emphasise enough how important it is to develop our local languages - directly or indirectly.

You guys can also check these sites out:

http://www.alt-i.org/projects.htm

http://aflat.org/
Re: A Compiler that enables Nigerians to Code In our local languages by carmelily: 2:06pm On Nov 05, 2008
first we will start by making a[b] Nigerian Dialects dictionary[/b], knowing the languages we going to use incase of reference anyway, I will get back on this later.

I saw this quote just now. what exactly do you mean by a Nigerian Dialects Dictionary? No such thing exists and it cannot for at least 100 years! It will take a team of 50 linguists 20 years at least to achieve that in about 20 volumes! HONESTLY. less than 30 Nigerian languages actually have dictionaries. And 1 language could have as many as 10 dialects. What exactly do you mean A concordance, maybe? I could be of great help if you make your point clearer.
Re: A Compiler that enables Nigerians to Code In our local languages by akay48(m): 10:51pm On Sep 05, 2012
Hmmm...its funny hw dis post started at almost d tym i got admission into d uni 4 Csc, and i'm almost done now..funny enough, dis topic is exactly what came to my mind some weeks ago and i bumped into d thread, i jst hope d dream can be re-awakened..cos the advantages cannot be over-emphasized...P.S: Where is everybody? sad
Re: A Compiler that enables Nigerians to Code In our local languages by DualCore1: 4:51pm On Sep 06, 2012
I am on mobile and couldn't have the patience to scroll and scroll and scroll to read responses so I am making my own response based on the first post.

There is nothing good about this idea. Its very useless and it will be a sin against humanity and time management to spend more than 5 minutes thinking about this idea and brushing it off quickly.

Go out there and solve a real tech problem and make this world a better place. You can do it!
Re: A Compiler that enables Nigerians to Code In our local languages by Kennyking1234: 3:59am On Jul 11, 2021
did you later do it?
BigStar1:
Hi, is there anybody that can reason along with me on this topic?

The dream is to have a functioning compiler that will interprete code written in any major languages in nigeria.

I believe many people will agree with me that the whites are not that good, and that they are just buying nigerians brain.

Why didn't we sit and think about this?

It's possible.

Re: A Compiler that enables Nigerians to Code In our local languages by Catsofnaija: 5:56pm On Jul 12, 2021
Which of the Nigerian languages.
Some languages can't express more than rudimentary basic cultural and survival communication ( blacks) some are rugged and beautiful, they can express detail and modern relatable concepts ( whites)
Leave coding languages for the better language.
Re: A Compiler that enables Nigerians to Code In our local languages by Kennyking1234: 6:15pm On Jul 12, 2021
Catsofnaija:
Which of the Nigerian languages.
Some languages can't express more than rudimentary basic cultural and survival communication ( blacks) some are rugged and beautiful, they can express detail and modern relatable concepts ( whites)
Leave coding languages for the better language.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Php Code Does Not Execute But Displays Code On Browser, / Programming Logic Challenge / How Do I Intergrate VTU (for MTN, Glos, Airtel And Etisalt) Into An App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.