Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Help With Schegen Visa Issue - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help With Schegen Visa Issue (6210 Views)

Russia Student Visa Issue / I Need Advice Concerning My Visa Issue / Us Visa Issue,help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Schegen Visa Issue by olawill: 6:15am On Sep 23, 2008
I recently got a Schegen visa for 1 month , is it possible that when i get to any of the schegen countries that i can extend my stay ? and can anyone give me hints on how i can legalised my stay easily .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help With Schegen Visa Issue by olawill: 12:20pm On Sep 23, 2008
views but no response
Re: Help With Schegen Visa Issue by mrblack: 1:01pm On Sep 23, 2008
pls i also post about shengen visa info,how can i obtain it,requirements,cost,duration for the expiration and which countries to enter with it?and also about their bta,any useful info from you guys?
Re: Help With Schegen Visa Issue by olawill: 10:04pm On Sep 23, 2008
mrblack:

please i also post about shengen visa info,how can i obtain it,requirements,cost,duration for the expiration and which countries to enter with it?and also about their bta,any useful info from you guys?

When i applied at the french embassy , i only submitted the below

Confirmed hotel reservation , booked and paid for online
Letter from office stating my vacation period
Salary bank statement
Medical Insurance
2 passport photo
Air ticket itinenary

I was issued a single entry visa for 1 month , my question now is that can i extend my visa when i get to france ? as i will like to stay for more than 1 month
Re: Help With Schegen Visa Issue by mrblack: 3:07pm On Sep 24, 2008
olawil pls can you tell me more about the schengen visa,the cost of the one month and 3 month visa,bta,hotel reservation price?
Re: Help With Schegen Visa Issue by darkroll(m): 5:40pm On Sep 24, 2008
Just a little hint regarding hotel reservation , if you know you cannot afford hotel bookings you can try and make bookings at youth hostel , if you pay for the first 2 night they will send you a confirmation letter

go to google and type young and happy hostel .
Re: Help With Schegen Visa Issue by Stealthy(m): 9:21am On Sep 25, 2008
olawill:

I recently got a Schegen visa for 1 month , is it possible that when i get to any of the schegen countries that i can extend my stay ? and can anyone give me hints on how i can legalised my stay easily .

I dont think u'll be able to renew the visa from within the schengen zone. Also, most schengen visas are single-entry, so be mindful of this.
Re: Help With Schegen Visa Issue by funkybaby(f): 12:09am On Oct 25, 2008
olawill:

When i applied at the french embassy , i only submitted the below

Confirmed hotel reservation , booked and paid for online
Letter from office stating my vacation period
Salary bank statement
Medical Insurance
2 passport photo
Air ticket itinenary

I was issued a single entry visa for 1 month , my question now is that can i extend my visa when i get to france ? as i will like to stay for more than 1 month

Please, how did you get the appointment date from the french embassy's website. I need this info urgently. Will appreciate it if anyone gives me useful advice/tips on this. Thanks.
I logged on. . . . . no free dates for the next 6 months and beyond.
Re: Help With Schegen Visa Issue by mafiaguy: 4:05am On Oct 26, 2008
Hello People,
What does single entry visa mean, does it mean i can only fly once?Unlike we have in the uk where u can go and be back more than once in a month, Whats the gist here?
Re: Help With Schegen Visa Issue by mafiaguy: 4:31am On Oct 26, 2008
Hello Olawill,
At what month did u make ur application for the schengen and what application center?What was the purpose of your travel, People got to know all these things so has to have the best travel chance,procedures applies alot, Thanks.
Re: Help With Schegen Visa Issue by realcool: 3:24pm On Oct 26, 2008
still for this France issue,booking of appointment the site keeps tell me no date available please can any body help me how to book France embassy appointment.
Re: Help With Schegen Visa Issue by funkybaby(f): 9:57pm On Oct 26, 2008
realcool:

still for this France issue,booking of appointment the site keeps tell me no date available please can any body help me how to book France embassy appointment.

am also presently facing the same problem. sad
it is rather annoying. angry angry
why ask people to pay through GTBank and its almost impossible to get a date
i checked. . . . yesterday to april 2009 and even beyond, no available date
surely, there is something wrong with that site. undecided
Re: Help With Schegen Visa Issue by megastu(m): 8:15am On Oct 27, 2008
DEM DON HIJACK DATES. I know someone who paid a travel agent 50k and got appointment for the next day.
Re: Help With Schegen Visa Issue by landis(m): 11:31am On Oct 27, 2008
megastu:

them DON HIJACK DATES. I know someone who paid a travel agent 50k and got appointment for the next day.

I think it is time to break this cartel who blocks all dates.

1. Nigeria should learn to plan holidays for about  1yr ahead; makes most things cheaper for you

2. Never pay anyone any money; they will learn it does not pay.

But I guess most travellers are just innocent desperate people.

mafiaguy:

Hello People,
What does single entry visa mean, does it mean i can only fly once?Unlike we have in the UKwhere u can go and be back more than once in a month, Whats the gist here?

It means you can enter schengen land ONLY once but you can go in/out within schengen land.

sample: Enter france, travel to Spain go back Franceand go Belgium> no problem:

sample: Enter France travel to Spain go back Franceand go UK => problem( you need new VISA to go back to France)
Re: Help With Schegen Visa Issue by neddy1999(m): 12:30pm On Oct 27, 2008
pls i dont understand what aiy ticket itinery means with regards to visa application. someone should be so kind to explain

regards
Re: Help With Schegen Visa Issue by Plum70: 5:00pm On Oct 27, 2008
olawill:

You CANNOT extend your stay from within the schengen territory as you are not a resident of any of the schengen states. Schengen category C visas (like most other short stays) can only be applied for from one's country of residence (this does not include visitors) at the time. Therefore, if you wanted to spend a longer time in France or another schengen state, you will have to return to Nigeria and reapply.

When you say "legalize your stay", what do you mean? I assume you applied to enter France as a tourist and so you are legally in France as one. I hope you are not toying with the idea of overstaying your welcome there? Dangerous territory my friend
Re: Help With Schegen Visa Issue by darkroll(m): 7:46pm On Oct 27, 2008
Extension is possible in denmark , i tried it once before and i got extension for 3month on the ground that i want to spend more time with my pregnant sister and wait till she give brith and also i had my travel insurance still valid.

If u are in denmark just go to the service centre and fill the schgen visa extension application form , but fill in a good reason for extension
Re: Help With Schegen Visa Issue by megastu(m): 11:57am On Oct 28, 2008
Landis, you are right. Nigerians like to do things at the last minute, and thats why other fellow Nigerians capitalise on it. For example one security man in an embassy asked me to bring 30k for me and family's appointment. I bluffed him. went to the internet, did watchman over it and got dates for us. On the day of the appointment i saw the stupid security man and he was asking how far with the money. I told him he is stupid.
Re: Help With Schegen Visa Issue by kkkng(m): 12:46pm On Mar 31, 2009
Landis, you are right. Nigerians like to do things at the last minute, and thats why other fellow Nigerians capitalise on it. For example one security man in an embassy asked me to bring 30k for me and family's appointment. I bluffed him. went to the internet, did watchman over it and got dates for us. On the day of the appointment i saw the stupid security man and he was asking how far with the money. I told him he is stupid.

@megastu

pls how long did u do this watch night? And what time did u see the date and time, @night or day?. I believe there must be a way out of this madness. An Agent is asking me for 15k to do it.
Re: Help With Schegen Visa Issue by funkybaby(f): 1:24pm On Mar 31, 2009
kkk_ng:

@megastu

pls how long did u do this watch night? And what time did u see the date and time, @night or day?. I believe there must be a way out of this madness. An Agent is asking me for 15k to do it.

Keep watch on Mondays and Tuesdays between the hours of 10am/12pm

But you might not get any available date till a month or two months from now.

You might be lucky to get a nearer date though
Re: Help With Schegen Visa Issue by kkkng(m): 1:30pm On Mar 31, 2009
Thanks, I hope it works, Its actually for French Embassy, does it work for them?
Re: Help With Schegen Visa Issue by funkybaby(f): 1:55pm On Mar 31, 2009
kkk_ng:

Thanks, I hope it works, Its actually for French Embassy, does it work for them?

Yes, it's for the French Embassy

I tried it early this year and it worked for me.
Re: Help With Schegen Visa Issue by iwefactria: 2:00pm On Mar 31, 2009

@olawill

u can't extend such a visa just single entry visiting visa unless u wanna turn to illegal immigrant which i think is not gonna be easy.So the best is to return home and re-apply for maybe multiple entry this time around but mind u is still not possible to extend when u get to ur destination.
Re: Help With Schegen Visa Issue by ozobay: 7:36pm On Jun 11, 2009
Hello guys, i have just followed this thread and want to pls request that someone gives me the web address for the appt booking. Can u check for dates before making payment at GTB, or do u need the PIN number to enter the dates area. Thanks
Re: Help With Schegen Visa Issue by teevodaprinz(m): 9:49am On Apr 14, 2017
Please I think I will need to discuss with you as regards the extension processes... Please email me emmanuela871@gmail.com

God bless you

darkroll:
Extension is possible in denmark , i tried it once before and i got extension for 3month on the ground that i want to spend more time with my pregnant sister and wait till she give brith and also i had my travel insurance still valid.

If u are in denmark just go to the service centre and fill the schgen visa extension application form , but fill in a good reason for extension
Re: Help With Schegen Visa Issue by tipper1: 2:18pm On Apr 18, 2017
Pls kindly mail me with the document you use to get your schegen visa pls get back to me with the document pls also want to apply too this year am going there to spend my leave

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians In Malaysia / Info About Oyo North(igbeti And Igboho) / Nigeria: Abdulmutallab Episode - Tightening The Noose On Visa Ap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.