Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,024 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (497912 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 11:22pm On Aug 05, 2007
@ toshmann,

Stop hating.
HATE IT OR LOVE IT . . . . . . . . . . .Man United is on top.
Dont kid urself into believe United cant retain this title.
United did it before . . . . . . .They can do it again.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by toshmann(m): 11:23pm On Aug 05, 2007
we shall see angry
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by somze(f): 11:35pm On Aug 05, 2007
Jackal
Be sincere, do you think ManU controlled that game?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 9ja4eva: 11:42pm On Aug 05, 2007
The statistics of the game showed am

Jackal:

@ toshmann,

Stop hating.
HATE IT OR LOVE IT . . . . . . . . . . .Man United is on top.
Dont kid yourself into believe United can't retain this title.
United did it before . . . . . . .They can do it again.

Yu right
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by denex: 11:44pm On Aug 05, 2007
Me I just dey watch all the old James Bond episodes because I knew ManU no go slack. I'm even ashamed that it went into penalties.

Anyway, by the time Tevez come, all this rubbish go stop.

ManU's plan is not to just win the premiership this time around but to more than double the points the team in second place will accrue. Una never see anything.

Chelsea fans dey shout say dem wan teach ManU Football Lesson now dem lose, dem dey say na "ordinary" community shield, na "ordinary" penalties.

Abeg Mourinho sit down.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 11:46pm On Aug 05, 2007
denex:

ManU's plan is not to just win the premiership this time around but to more than double the points the team in second place will accrue. Una never see anything.

bros this aint rugby or american football oh, na football aka soccer. abeg stick to your politics jare - thats where such margins are possible with yaradua getting 24million and second place buhari getting 6 million, but not in the premiership grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by somze(f): 12:24am On Aug 06, 2007
I need not reply those that treat the shield like the EPL ( maybe Jm caused this one) embarassed

Statistics say that except Chelsea, no one wins the Shield and goes ahead to win the EPL.

Meanwhile both teams were hardly fit and grew tired before the whistle.

As a Chelsea fan i have much to take away from the game, both good and bad.

But concerning the Shield, i've always maintained its no big deal.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 9ja4eva: 12:39am On Aug 06, 2007
Now e no go be big deal cos Chelksi no win
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by somze(f): 1:06am On Aug 06, 2007
9ja4eva
Will anyone ever say EPL,Cl or FA cup is little?
Use your head tongue

OK OK lets do this your way
The Shield was the most prestigious pre-season trophy that existed.
I'm so sad we lost embarassed
Happy now? *hisses loudly*
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 9ja4eva: 1:07am On Aug 06, 2007
Guy re- read den understand b4 u begin reply.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 1:16am On Aug 06, 2007
@Scummies

Congrats on ur victory over Chelski  cheesy

personally anything to keep that MoANIN-HO shut will do for me  cheesy

but really this kind of match display gives me a great boost of confidence that Arsenal is ready to compete this time around cool

what with the sh@t team Moaninho assembled, Cole upfront, Glen who? as right full back?  shocked  grin

or with a depleted Manscum team without Scholesy, oh my days!!! Scholesy is better than Fat Frank, or does anyone doubt that?  tongue wink

I wonder what Jackal saw in Nani; that guy will need time like Ronaldo took to blend, he seems to be too intent on showboating like hs ibeji  embarassed

I wonder how Cheslki players known for their firepower could not find the back of the net just once to save their lives  shocked Pizarro should be offloaded back to Germany for that silly kick of his, my grandma would have caught that kick with her chest  tongue  grin

well . . . Rio needs to be checked, or how did he get outmuscled like that by MALUU  shocked  grin

C.Ronaldo??  lipsrsealed  lipsrsealed  lipsrsealed
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 1:16am On Aug 06, 2007
@ 9ja4eva,

The Shield is a very bizarre match and its even worse when teams like Chelsea and Man United are competing for it.
It would have been a different schitzo if twas Chelsea and Bolton but the fact that 2 bitter rivals are competing makes it look strange.
To be honest, it has no bearing on the EPL but its a game none of the managers wanted to lose.
Jose Mourinho was just saving his face on camera saying he was satisfied by his team's performance.
Those were the words of a caged, wounded lion.
The Mourinho i know is a winner. He wants to win everything even a 2-a-side match with his kids at the back of his garden.
Mourinho would definitely wish to be in Fergie's shoes tonight.

@ Somze,
The Stats don't lie. United created more clear-cut chances and outplayed Chelski.
Go and read everyone's analysis about the match and they all said United shaded it and deserved to win.
Don't get me wrong, both teams played way below their potentials but u have to expect that.
Today has been the hottest day in London this year and those guys were practically dehydrated.
We cannot expect these guys to just take the season in a strde just like that . . . . . it takes time.
Chelsea needs another 90 minutes of football before they are ready for the season.
I think only Arsenal out of the BIG 4 looks READY as they appear sharper and more on point than their rivals.

@ Kit.
Thank ya . . . . . . .
I wish u guys could have done the same in the Carling cup but trust the gooners to always disappoint when it matters most.
In fairness, I wldnt have cared if United had lost the game.
Ferguson fielded some combination of Man United players i hate seeing PLAYING TOGETHER.
Silvestre, O'Shea and Brown is a disaster when they play together in the same team.
Either one of them is acceptable but the trio in a team spells DOOM sometimes.
I still cannot fathom out how they scraped through without blunders. tongue tongue tongue

Nani? What a shrewd buy?
I saw some of his runs and touches in his cameo appearance and he looks promising.
Anutha Portugeezer brimming with confidence and tutored by Ronnie and Carlos Quieroz.
This dude will make an instant impact. I hope he doesnt cop injuries cos Prem defenders will give him a hard time.
Lack of suitable personnel was Chelsea's greatest undoing. Joe Cole playing as a centre-forward? C'mon . . . . . . . . .
The whole formation and the team balance were all over the place. The match looked like an experiment to me.
Anyways, its a nice start to a nu season.
United rivals should WATCH OUT.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by wormedup(m): 10:11am On Aug 06, 2007
jackal,

apparently, you think the manyoo team would go unbeaten this season ?

well, we won't be waiting much longer.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by somze(f): 10:53am On Aug 06, 2007
nani did not impress me.

he was selfish and was closed down well.

But again ronaldo is selfish, robben is too, most of these guys are undecided
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 11:14am On Aug 06, 2007
@ wormedup,

United to go unbeaten run? IT CAN NEVER HAPPEN.
Trust Fergie's men to lose 5 matches at least in a season.
Its a tradition . . . . . .Even in the dominant years of 1999-2001, United will always lose to shitty clubs.
No one is saying United wont LOSE but will WIN more matches than any other club this season.
90 points is the target and that is 28 WINS and above with few couple of DRAWS.

Its too early to judge NANI.
He's got the potentials to be anutha great player.
The lad is still young and there's a room for learning from LEGENDS like Giggsy.
In Nani, we have anutha Cristiano Ronaldo.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 11:27am On Aug 06, 2007
Hey Jackie,

One UNITED man. . . . we've finally put the ghost of Chelski to rest; next time they come around, they'd thread with caution grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 11:38am On Aug 06, 2007
@ RUUDIE,

Lets put that behind us now. . . . . . .

We need to concentrate on the match against Reading FC.
How do we get Gary Neville back quick?
SCHOLES has been sorely missed and LOUIS SAHA should come off the bench and partner Wazza upfront.
United needs to start with a statement by beating Reading 4-0 to put the fear of the Lord in our rivals.
Ferguson must prep the guys and motivate them to win the 1st 8-10 games.
This is a season where other teams will attempt to break into the BIG 4 so we should WATCH OUT . . . . . . . ,
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 11:56am On Aug 06, 2007
No shakes man. . . . . Asides Silvestre, the defence wasn't that bad even though they were not really stretched as such.
Brown could still hold it down on the RHS of defence. . . in MF, most likely it'd be Carrick 'n Owen; i expect Fergie to throw Tevez in, lets not rush the injured guys in. . . its Reading nah 'n i expect they won't be as deadly as last season. . . continuity, thats the bane of many of these "smaller" clubs!
plus, we've warmed up already, they're just fresh off the blocks, so expect that they be a bit rusty about the hinges. . . we take 'em out early and give the new boys a run-out!

I predict it's g'onna be easy. . . . fret not!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 11:59am On Aug 06, 2007
The only thing I'm angry about from yesterday's match is not that we lost the penalties, but the fact that someone didn't have the common sense to break Ronaldo's legs(what the f*uck was Ashley thinking? angry). I would have been more than happy had Ronaldo been injured, so that he would miss at least 10 of your initial PREM matches. grin cheesy grin
Then we'll see whether it is true or not that without him, your attack is shyte. tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 12:01pm On Aug 06, 2007
Anyway, the good news is that you're playing Reading on Sunday. grin Those guys are good at dishing out injuries to key players with their gra gra style of footie. If you don't believe that, just ask John Terry. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 06, 2007
The attack should be very formidable, like a trio of Anderson, Tevez and Wazza with Ronaldo and Nani running in both flanks. The defense is giving me cause for worry, imagine the blunder by Rio yesterday.

Evra has confessed to too much pressure on him yesterday covering up unfit sylvestre. I pray SAF never uses him again till the end of the season.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 12:04pm On Aug 06, 2007
oh come now darling,

the way things are going now, we could well sell Ronaldo's flashy butt to R.Madrid b'4 transfer windows closes. . .  grin grin grin

WE'RE ON A HIGH  wink
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by somze(f): 12:07pm On Aug 06, 2007
fyne
You've not been here for ages suddenly manU wins trophy and you're back tongue
Anyway welcome bros grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 12:10pm On Aug 06, 2007
@ Razorr,

Man Utd is such a big club that if we miss one player it doesn't stop the team from WINNING.
This time last season, ROONEY and SCHOLES were handed 3 match bans but what happened? United still won all the games they were absent in.
When Ruud left Man United, i feared the worst but what happened? United recorded the highest goal ever scored without a natural goalscorer in the team.
If Ronaldo leaves today, Nani will continue where he stopped.
Beckham left, Ronaldo continued where he stopped.
Cantona left,  Beckham continued where he stopped.
Need i say more?

Reading will be beaten squarely but we need to get our players back quickly.
I dont trust Wes Brown in the Right Back. I still prefer Heinze to Patrice Evra.
Evra is only good going forward, his defensive qualities is below Heinze's gritty attitude.
I miss SCHOLES and for Bleep's sake, Wazza needs a good striking partner.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 12:12pm On Aug 06, 2007
RuuDie:

oh come now darling,

the way things are going now, we could well sell Ronaldo's flashy butt to R.Madrid b'4 transfer windows closes. . .  grin grin grin

WE'RE ON A HIGH  wink

Yea right. . . Like we saw yesterday. tongue

Oh please, can someone just get a gun and put a bullet in Firewanksters head? Apparently the bullet I put in his medulla didn't kill him. shocked
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 12:15pm On Aug 06, 2007
Can anybody remember the story of a certain Chelski high-profile, big-money buy who scored in the Community Shield match, which they eventually lost, and never scored again until. . . . . . . .

Are we g'onna see a repeat with Malouda   grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 12:17pm On Aug 06, 2007
Ruudie, don't even go there! angry Malouda is a whole different ball game and he's not even a striker. I've seen his potential in pre-season and he justified his pay yesterday.

Expect more trouble when we buy Alves. tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by somze(f): 12:19pm On Aug 06, 2007
Ruudie
I know you dont mean that, you are just asking for attention and she's giving you that already so HUSH!!! tongue grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by wormedup(m): 12:37pm On Aug 06, 2007
ruudie,
that's quite low. considering the certain chelsea player scored some other goals.

razorr,
we don't need anyone to break ronaldo's legs.
it's not gonna be rosy for him this season.

jackal,
Jackal:

@ wormedup,

No one is saying United wont LOSE but will WIN more matches than any other club this season.
90 points is the target and that is 28 WINS and above with few couple of DRAWS.

let's hold on to this. we'll find out as time paves on.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 12:49pm On Aug 06, 2007
@ wormedup,

Game On.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 1:01pm On Aug 06, 2007
RuuDie:

Can anybody remember the story of a certain Chelski high-profile, big-money buy who scored in the Community Shield match, which they eventually lost, and never scored again until. . . . . . . .

Are we g'onna see a repeat with Malouda   grin

@ Wormy,

does such a playa not exist in ur ranks grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by wormedup(m): 1:11pm On Aug 06, 2007
ruudie, is he the worst ?
should we pull out records on appalling buys ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.