Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,474 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (498162 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 11:40pm On Sep 01, 2007
@Jackal . . I go call u 2moro, or u'll call? cant YIM now !
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by doyin13(m): 11:41pm On Sep 01, 2007
But I am on Saha's side on this whole issue
because there is a tinge of racism I feel.

It happened to Andy Cole as well-
people nitpicking in the name of criticism

For Cole it was he needed more than a few good chances to
put the ball in the net. Now them wan use style shift Saha angry
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 11:43pm On Sep 01, 2007
And who are d racists?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 11:45pm On Sep 01, 2007
@ Debosky,

Henry score 40 at Derby?
He never scored 40 at Arsenal . . . . . .Keep deceiving yourself if u think Henry will score that many.
Let it be known that not one of the teams that relegated scored 35 league goals last season.
Dont be surprised if Henry doesnt score up to 8 league goals in a season for Derby with all his qualities.

doyin13:

hmmm

Well Utaka is worth a lot more.

I hear Shola Ameobi is up for sale.

Now that makes a lot of sense . grin

SHOLA AMEOBI? Try AGAHOWA.
You don't make any sense . . . . . . mate! wink wink wink wink

@ MC OMO,

Dont let me JUMP-SLAP u, son.
You can browse but u can't YIM?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 11:55pm On Sep 01, 2007
@Jackal . . . jump-slap? I be Saha?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 11:56pm On Sep 01, 2007
or ur flops Tevez and Anderson? Lmao
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 11:59pm On Sep 01, 2007
Nyweiz Hargreaves has proven he is CLASS ! Hope he doesnt start his injury Sabbatical soon ! Now that wld be extra work 4 baba Scholesy . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 12:02am On Sep 02, 2007
Owen Hargreaves is a bull-dozer . . . . too aggressive.
I hope he doesn't slump while playing in a RED SHIRT.

Tevez and Anderson? Flops?
Get ready to be JUMP-SPANKED.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 12:06am On Sep 02, 2007
Anderson didnt have any impact whatsoever but i think he was played in the wrong postion Tevez is a workaholic but all his hardwork seems to count for nothing Hargreaves was solid i think Carrick's days are numbered, Saha is still the best option you guys have for now so stick with it
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 12:10am On Sep 02, 2007
@ A-40,

Of course, we have to stick to Louis Saha.
Let him get some goals before Wazza and Ronaldo gets back to the team.
United really lacked movement today . . . . .No one was willing to spark the match to life.
No darting runs . . . .No whipping crosses and the 1st half performance was shambolic by United's own standards.
Anderson is a gem. . . . . . . .Tevez is a diamond in a dirt.
With careful handling . . . . .these lads will blaze the Prem.
Watch out for em.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by doyin13(m): 12:10am On Sep 02, 2007
well Jackal

On the evidence of what we have seen so far

Hargreaves looks the best buy so far

But my money is on either Nani or Anderson to really sparkle
from this class.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 12:14am On Sep 02, 2007
Did u see d frustrated look Carrick had on when he realised it was Oshi coming into d fray? Especially considering there's an international in a week's time? I just pity d guy! Nani was showboating nonsense, Anderson looked like he just finished consuming amala! Lmao . .
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 12:15am On Sep 02, 2007
@ Doyin13,

Everyone of em new buys at Man Utd will sparkle.
Tevez and Anderson had hectic summer with the Copa America.
All the players that went to Copa are still struggling for fitness . . . .It is expected.
The international break is a welcome news for Man Utd . . . .It will allow all the players to get some freshness.
Season will start on the 15th . . . . .I told y'all guys to get back to me after MATCHDAY 10.

@ Mc Omo,

Carrick should calm down.
He doesn't tackle but his incisive passes are top draw.
His time will come and he should stop throwing tantrums like a toddler.
Anderson? Dont write him off . . . . he's the bomb.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 12:25am On Sep 02, 2007
Anderson the bomb? Lmao . . . to play entertaining footie with no tangible results to show 4 it aight?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 12:28am On Sep 02, 2007
As per tackles, did u notice Hargreaves ought to have been booked y.day? Imagine Evra's tackles too? Na wa 4 Man U and Refs o
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 12:37am On Sep 02, 2007
Shush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Na wa for Man Utd and referees?
How many penalties has Arsenal copped this season alone?
U guys are bunch of rogues.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 12:40am On Sep 02, 2007
arsenal players are just to silky, players have to foul them to stop the moves, coupled with the fact that we tend to hold on to the ball a lot wink

MU tries to intimidate refs and stuff, and they usually take it easy on their players.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by rikkyjen(m): 12:45am On Sep 02, 2007
Mc Omo:

As per tackles, did u notice Hargreaves ought to have been booked y.day? Imagine Evra's tackles too? Na wa 4 Manchester United and Refs o

Oloye Kitaun, a.k.a, Mc Omo!!! grin grin grin grin

Why do you guys always close your eyes to when United is being robbed, only for Y'all to raise the roof, when its advantage United!

Kit, do you know a keano sunderland boy had a blatant and obvious handball today in the Box 18, while that yorkshire ref became blind tempoarily!!!!

Kit, you is supposed to be bothered about the drubbing from an Utaka/Kanu led offense which is going to ravage your boyz 2moro.

Trust that old fox, Redknapp, hes a damn old cowboy. he knows all the tricks in the books. hes going to do what he knows best. Lining 'em boyz behind the balls, heaven knows Assnal and sometimes United, Yes Man United, find it hard to unlock this guys defense in this scenario.

Kit, just anticipate dropping points 2moro!!!!. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 12:51am On Sep 02, 2007
rikky that was a clear ball to hand, the dude had no way of getting out of the way when that ball was hit.

Redknapp aint gonna do anything tomorrow, He'll get flattered by the attacking instincts of Utaka and co and play attacking footie, which will result in an open game, and when push comes to shove, there are few teams that will beat Arsenal in an open attacking game.

We will win it, 1-0, 2-0 or 2-1. cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 12:56am On Sep 02, 2007
All our penalties this season where clear and obvious.Pompey of nowadays do play attacking football and they would walk right into our trap because when you come to the Emirates to play attacking football there's only one winner and thats the Gunners
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 1:27am On Sep 02, 2007
Rikky baba, 
Na u dey talk like dis? Pompey beat Arsenal? Lmao . . . I swear I go personally beg Seun to ban me 4rm Nairaland 4 life !
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 1:45am On Sep 02, 2007
I intend on going on an exile myself if we dont win that match
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by rikkyjen(m): 1:49am On Sep 02, 2007
Mc Omo:

Rikky baba, 
Na u dey talk like this? Pompey beat Arsenal? Lmao . . . I swear I go personally beg Seun to ban me from Nairaland 4 life !

You are making a life ban on Nairaland a big deal. Afterall if Seun ban you, na to register again!, Na today person dey re-register? grin

Oloye Kitaun, You is banned already grin grin grin. The only thang left is for Seun to ban your Mckomo handle once you loose 2moro

and trust, its so easy opening anutha account, and i know you would do just that!!!

Pompey would suck points out of Y'all 2moro, at least a draw is sure 4 pompey 2moro!!!

Yo Kit, kilonsele ni round house gan. . . . . . . . . any new thang, abi only you just dey chop the gbemu alone!!!. cheesy

Omo, adaje ni adaku ooooooooo grin grin grin grin. forget say i dey yankie., this Nigga needs some Kishi to ofload mortgages,bills et alll

Abeg, no look Uche face ooooo, make you send my own pepper sharply oooooo.  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Iman3(m): 1:51am On Sep 02, 2007
A-40:

All our penalties this season where clear and obvious.Pompey of nowadays do play attacking football and they would walk right into our trap because when you come to the Emirates to play attacking football there's only one winner and thats the Gunners

If not for all the penalties you were awarded last season,you would have ended up 5th  grin

Saha is the best finisher United have at the moment.Even Rooney is notoriously wasteful in front of goal.I think Rooney is one of the worst players in one-on-one situations.The good thing about Rooney though,is that you can play him on his own up front,thought that is not his best position.You can also stick him on the flanks in a 4-3-3 formation.

Tevez lacks that versatility that Rooney has.He plays best behind a pointman particularly in a 4-4-2 formation.Alternatively,he could be used on the flanks,as he is often used with the national team,especially cutting in from the left.I believe once he regains full fitness,he will be delivering the goods.

Saha should become our new Soljskaer.For various reasons,I can't see him getting a starting place even though he is our most clinical finisher.He has to make do with sitting on the bench.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Iman3(m): 1:53am On Sep 02, 2007
A-40:

I intend on going on an exile myself if we don't win that match

Make I quote am,in case I see you here after the match grin Una no be patriotic Nigerians.Una suppose support our country men wey dey Pompey
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 1:58am On Sep 02, 2007
@I-man
You are just a beefdog and why must i support Pompey? what is my biz if they have a few Naija players there
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 2:06am On Sep 02, 2007
Patriotic my @ss !

Baba rikky,

E be like say na me 4get my pword abi na Seun dey para ?

As per alausa, Intel decoded u was in a meeting wit Fashola, wetin bring u come ? U dis manure fans sef !
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 9ja4eva: 2:08am On Sep 02, 2007
Saha showed what we've been missing in the last 4 games. Great to see him back in the squad.
Tough game, not a great preformance but getting 3 points is the most important thing.
Evra was very good, Owen too.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Iman3(m): 2:14am On Sep 02, 2007
The Honourable Kit

You see as your Governor dey screw up big time? grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 9ja4eva: 2:15am On Sep 02, 2007
I would like to point out some positives from this game:

Scholes and Haregreaves were fantastic - they can be the perfect combination in the EPL.

Tevez' place is behind a Striker (Saha) - also did well to defend when he needed to.

The FOCUS we had in the last 10+ minutes was something I was not used to seeing often - we put great team effort to keeping the ball and not giving the opposing team an opportunity to score - great control by the lads.

Areas to expect improvement: Remember, we had 4 "new" players playing in the team at the same time(Anderson, Eagles, Nani and Haregreaves) - it takes a while to gel - Haregreaves and Nani are fitting in quickly, but I would rather throw in Anderson/Eagles when I have at least 9 players who are used to playing together, Good news is Rooney and Ronaldo are back soon (and I feel certain Anderson and Eagles will gradually settle in).

Things are beginning to improve for us, can't wait for a game when we score 2 goals in the first half, then see the goals unleash. We have had a nervous/unluckly start , but the road ahead is bright.

Looking forward to a great season.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 2:23am On Sep 02, 2007
wow an entire post without any abbreviations like 'nt', 'u', 'abt' and the others from 9ja4eva! shocked

Who said there aint miracles anymore? grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 2:27am On Sep 02, 2007
You guys would have beaten Reading and Man.City with ease if you had a Saha i knew a goal would come the moment they brought him on

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.