Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,611 members, 7,843,963 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (501204 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by niniman(m): 12:25pm On Dec 21, 2007
arsenal vs ac milan
celtic vs barcelona
chelsea vs olympiacos
porto vs schalke 04
farnabache vs sevilla
mardrid vs roma

there is no easy ride for United,arsenal and liverpool. I believe man united will go thru. let see what the young guns will do against milano
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Iman3(m): 12:29pm On Dec 21, 2007
@Dayokanu

Who are Bayern meeting?I didn't see them in the draw.What happened? grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 12:32pm On Dec 21, 2007
@ I-man,

We couldn't have copped a better DRAW.
United will mash, rip, tear, bludgeon and dislodge Lyon.
Anutha easy ride for us . . . .
Wooooooof, poor GAYnners . . . . .meeting AC Milan at this stage is catastrophic!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by chuckdee4(m): 12:38pm On Dec 21, 2007
Be careful with Lyon, they're the best from the bunch that u could have got

Arsenal on the other hand have their work cut out, its possible to beat Milan, especially as their team is old but i fear they have way too much experience and can stop almost any team from playing their natural game
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 12:43pm On Dec 21, 2007
@ Chuckdee4,

Be careful of Lyon? Are u shitting me?
When they had Essien and Mahmmodu Diarra . . . . .we thumped em at OT and forced a draw in France.
I remember Ruud Van Nistelrooy hauling Man Utd back by scoring 2 good goals . . . .
Lyon will go under the HAMMER . . . .United's team is too strong for any European team especially with the HOLY TRINITY.
Anderson and Owen in the midfield . . .Rio and Vidic in the defence . . . .Please forget it . . . .Lyon will FALL.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Iman3(m): 12:45pm On Dec 21, 2007
@chuckdee4

Olympiakos would have been tougher.I wouldn't want to meet Celtic either.Lyon are a good side at the knockout stage,anything can happen.On paper,United are better,I would rate Lyon on the same level as AS Roma.However,they have some quality players.

We got the best draw IMO,Chelski have the next best draw.Liverpool have the worst draw.This Inter are just damn too good and they are the best side in Europe by far.That doesn't mean they would win the UCL,Mancini has a way of screwing things up,but they are one hell of a side.

I was hoping to get Schalke or Fernabache
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by chuckdee4(m): 12:49pm On Dec 21, 2007
Lets wait and see then, there's usually a suprise at this stage of the CL, hopefully it'll come from us and possibly Lyon grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 12:55pm On Dec 21, 2007
@ Chuckdee4,

Keep dreaming!!!!!!!!
I am yet to see any team that will beat the current Man Utd team.
By February, we should have Scholes, Gary Neville and JS Park . . . .
Ferguson is buying anutha defender from Serbia plus Berbatov might join Man Utd . . .
Add that to the current Man Utd team and you have got the most complete team in Europe.
United to beat Lyon home and away. . . . .U wanna bet?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by chuckdee4(m): 12:57pm On Dec 21, 2007
Keep talking Jackal, when u guys loose i'lld like to see what u have to say.
Fine United r quite solid but to say ur the best team in Europe this season is a tall order, don't let ur mouth write a cheque ur team can't cash
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Iman3(m): 12:58pm On Dec 21, 2007
@Jackal

I have growing confidence that Arsenal are facing another trophyless season.Their best chance of a trophy remains the Carling Cup grin How many Arsenal fans expected to finish behind Sevilla in the group stages?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 1:03pm On Dec 21, 2007
I think we got a fairly good draw. .

Lyon is not a walkover but we would surely qualify. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 1:13pm On Dec 21, 2007
@ I-man,

Thats exactly ma point.
When Arsenal brushed past Sevilla at the Emirates . . . .I was like wow . . . This team has shown genuine threat to challenge the big boys.
Then they started wobbling . . . .a draw at Slavia(a team they tortured 7-0 @ the Emirates) and a disappointing 1-3 loss to Sevilla.
Within 2 weeks, Arsenal surrendered their lead to Sevilla in the group and the rest is now history.
Arsenal might not even win the Carling cup as things stand . . . Tottenham might just spring a surprise, u never know.
Besides, they might have to lock horns against Chelsea in the finals . . . .with Drogba, Malouda and Essien . . Chelsea is sure to WIN.

@ Chuckdee4,

The facts speak for itself. United clinched 16 points in the group stages(the highest in Europe this season).
If we had fielded a strong XI against Roma, we could have notched maximum points through and through.
The current United team is the strongest i have seen if we can keep everyone fit . . . . . . for European games.
Wipe your eyes and look inwards . . . VDS-Neville-Rio-Vida-Evra-Ronaldo-Anderson-Owen-Giggs-Rooney-Tevez.
This team will beat Barca, Madrid, Inter and AC Milan.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Iman3(m): 1:18pm On Dec 21, 2007
Sevilla met Arsenal a few weeks after Nunez's death and Sevilla were struggling then.If Arsenal can't finish ahead of a mid-table Spanish side,I wonder why they think they can win the UCL.

The Carling Cup is their best opportunity for a trophy and if they keep fielding their younger players.They won't win it.

The League and the UCL are out of touch,maybe they can do something in the FA Cup. They face a strong chance of winning nothing for the 3rd season in succession .
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 1:30pm On Dec 21, 2007
@ I-man,

How does Wenger do it?
I cannot imagine Alex Ferguson in Wenger's position . . . . .I am sure the most passionate Fergie fan would have voiced out for Fergie's sack.
He keeps pulling the wool over the supporters by bringing in immaterial stuffs into football.
If it's not UNBEATEN RUN then it's making profits in PLAYER'S TRANSFER FEES or playing the YOUNGEST TEAM and the foolish fans buy that.
I have a feeling GAYnner's dream might end like it did in February . . .
It will be mouth-watering to see how the pundits/media react to it . . but who knows, Wenger will use his normal excuse. "MY BOYS ARE STILL YOUNG".
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Akolawole(m): 1:34pm On Dec 21, 2007
@Jackal

I am awaiting Prophet Iman's new year prediction for the Gunners grin

Recall that last year's prediction came to pass.

What a prophet!

A very very good man of God. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Iman3(m): 1:40pm On Dec 21, 2007
@Akola

You can't predict anything until the game comes close.Maybe a few days to the game,I can say with certainty who I think can win.Injuries can be crucial,same goes for form.

Last season,I got my prediction for Valencia/Chelsea wrong grin Also tipped Chelski for the title though. grin Every other prediction came to pass,including Milan for the UCL.

In fact,for the World Cup,I seemed to be the only one who came out and singled out Italy.I be true Prophet grin grin I think am excellent when it come to Gooners.My initial tip before the season was 3rd place in the League and I stand by it grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 1:44pm On Dec 21, 2007
@ I-man,

I dont see Arsenal winning any title this season.
That is all i know . . . .I dont care who gets injured or who doesn't.
They are just too timid and too weak to WIN anything save the Emirates cup and Amsterdam cup.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Iman3(m): 1:47pm On Dec 21, 2007
@Jackal

They won't win the League and they won't win the UCL.That is for sure.It is a question of whether they will win the FA Cup and or League Cup.

Jose's dismissal for Chelski has thrown a spanner in the works.If he was still there,Chelski would have been a better side.That is why you have to wait for the event to draw closer.Who knows what may happen to Carlo Ancellotti between now and February?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 2:01pm On Dec 21, 2007
I guess the top shots in Milan will have to wait for the UCL's 2nd round K.O. before they decide on Ancelloti's fate.
They are yet to peak but they have a 6-week winter break to re-assemble and address their problems.
In those 6 weeks, Arsenal would have played 10-15 games and with Wenger's paper-thin squad, its only a matter of time before Toure and Gallas dislocates their scrotumz. grin grin grin grin
How i wish those games start tonight.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Akolawole(m): 5:03pm On Dec 21, 2007
@Debosky

We bought Lasana for £1m and sold him to you for £4m. On this jackal is right.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 5:11pm On Dec 21, 2007
@ Akola,

All the things i listed there are very correct . . .
You should know what i am about by now . . . .I only spew facts.
Debosky can twist n turn as he likes but the fact remains Eduardo is more expensive than the whole Blackburn team that started on tuesday.

P.S. Who is the Angolan striker, Manucho?
Ferguson has just confirmed signing the African on a 3-year-deal. grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ritchboy(m): 5:31pm On Dec 21, 2007
*****clear troath*****

yea,and nanis' transfer fee is sufficient to TAKE OVER coventry!!!!!!!!

ur eyes aint deceivin ya, i'm bak!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 5:35pm On Dec 21, 2007
@ ritchbitch,

They had to let u out . . . .EFCC couldn't keep u in their midst any longer. grin grin grin
How was it being banged up with criminals in their Lagos office?
The heat, the mosquitoes, life without EPL and beans as 3-square-meal.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ritchboy(m): 5:37pm On Dec 21, 2007
jackal

dont make me call u a *****
efcc? i'm havin a laugh
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 5:44pm On Dec 21, 2007
@ ritchbitch,

Tell us where u went to . . . .
Theres no reason for u to call me any schitzo . . . . .just tell us what happened during those 3 months u went dark.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ritchboy(m): 5:49pm On Dec 21, 2007
i tried 2 log on usin ma old i.d n discovered the gaffer hadnt unbanned it yet.ya dig?

ef dat lets talk footie
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ritchboy(m): 6:00pm On Dec 21, 2007
brb
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 6:09pm On Dec 21, 2007
@ AK, Diarra cost JUST 2m, Wenger himself disclosed it. The papers (as usual)

"He's ready to play at that level without any problem. We got him, yes [from Chelsea], and I must say for much less than was announced in the papers. Just two-million."

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=482046
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Iman3(m): 6:14pm On Dec 21, 2007
Manchester United have agreed to sign 24-year-old Angolan forward Manucho.
The striker, who has been on trial at the club, will join from Angolan side Petro Athletico on a three-year deal.

"We have had Manucho here for a three-week trial and have been impressed enough to offer him a contract," said boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

"He is a tall, agile, quick forward and through contacts that Carlos (Queiroz) has, was brought to our attention around six months ago."

Manucho, whose real name is Mateus Alberto Contreiras Goncalves, arrives at Old Trafford in January subject to a work permit.

He joins Carlos Tevez, Wayne Rooney, Louis Saha and Dong Fangzhou in United's striking department.
Ferguson has ruled out another move to tempt Swedish striker Henrik Larsson back to Old Trafford.

The 36-year-old Swede scored three goals in 13 games during a successful three-month loan 12 months ago and resisted the chance to stay longer, keeping to his promise of returning to home-town club Helsingborgs.

"Henrik promised his family back then he would go home," Ferguson added.

"He honoured it, and we honoured it. It would be an interesting one, obviously - but I don't think so.

"At this time of year, it is always difficult to get the players you would like to get.

"You look at the criteria of playing in European football. That is not easy."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7156290.stm
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 6:16pm On Dec 21, 2007
SAF is making a big leap. . .signing a player directly from an African club (in Angola no less undecided) straight into the premiership

AW was reluctant in doing the same for Tresor Mputu who at least had played in the CAF champions league. . .lets see how he performs wink
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Akolawole(m): 6:19pm On Dec 21, 2007
@Debosky

The papers reported it to be £4m.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 6:21pm On Dec 21, 2007
@ AK

the papers are WRONG, Do you believe the papers over the word of Arsene? Or are they the ones who transferred the money on our behalf?

We got him for 2m. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.