Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (497727 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Christino(m): 10:03pm On Dec 25, 2006
@ Man U 4 laif

Sir, don't forget you've lost 5 points @ OT this season, not 3. A loss to Arsenal and a draw to chelsea (1 out of 6 max points). grin

Your points, clear and heard grin Can't remember the Rovers that won in '95 but Shearer was surely the major guy and he took Newcastle to 2nd position the following season.

Meanwhile is anyone following the Serie A? Inter are unbeaten in about 17 games already, can they survive it?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by manu4laif: 11:12pm On Dec 25, 2006
@Christino,thanks for the correction.
Add Chris Sutton(paired with Shearer to score close to 50 goals that season),Tim Sherwood,Tim Flowers(England goalie) and I think Graeme Le Saux.Colin Hendrie was also in the 90s but not sure if he was in 95.That's how really hard it is you see.If they'd won 3 in a 5 year period it might have been easier to remember.
Inter's run is fantastic .If Serie A is anything to go by they should win the Scudetto . Roma is just 7 points behind and anything can still happen.Can't see Inter dropping too many points along the way though, they seem quite strong.

WAN UTD.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by bolaoni(m): 9:25am On Dec 26, 2006
@manu, Hendrie was the backbone of their defence then. Inter shld win wit Juve in serie B.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 9ja4eva: 9:51am On Dec 26, 2006
kitaun:

9boy4never, maybe it would interest you that we don't know who the Bleep u are on board, we know those that can analyse footie even if they are master-dissies but not scoundrels attacking clubs anyhow, stop acting as if its table soccer we are discussing u hear?

Were u trying to crack or jst talking out of point?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Grizzly(m): 5:11pm On Dec 26, 2006
Ronaldo has barely settled the Bleep in, and he has scored!!! shocked
Fcuuuuuk that kid!!!! cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by bolaoni(m): 5:22pm On Dec 26, 2006
not 1 man, but 2! This boy is winnin d MVP 4 d season, anybody wan bet?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Radiant(f): 5:25pm On Dec 26, 2006
Man U. . 3 - 0 cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 5:26pm On Dec 26, 2006
Goal number 3. Solksjaer for president,
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 5:55pm On Dec 26, 2006
9ja4eva, i was talking to you and would really love if u tape it shut and keep my name off ur silly posts!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 5:57pm On Dec 26, 2006
9ja4eva, i was talking to you and would really love if u tape it shut and keep my name off ur silly posts!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Akolawole(m): 6:04pm On Dec 26, 2006
@Rikkyjen

It is premiership of no excuse, if i hear any excuse from anybody, i will deal with the person grin

Every team knows their problem and January is just few day's time.

@United Fans

Congrat guys

I dont mind you taking point. 4 points is small enough for myteam to catch up but my problem is the way goals are rainning which is another factor.

Keep it up.

What a season!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by bolaoni(m): 6:11pm On Dec 26, 2006
Akola, it is now January & not December any more. hmm. U all sabi say na new level we dey now.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Grizzly(m): 6:14pm On Dec 26, 2006
There will be a problem is Ronaldo is to keep wreaking havoc like that. .
I was still wondering why Sir had him on the bench. .
Then the truth hit me. .

Anyways, the premiership is far from over.
Last season, Manure chased us to the very near end (Altho hopelessly)
So whas the big deal?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Akolawole(m): 6:21pm On Dec 26, 2006
@BolaOni

Dont mis-interpret my December/January stuff

I mean January to buy when the market is open.

Do you think you've won the league?

Remember you were once leading us by 8 point(with one match?

It was reduced to 2 now increased to 4 again.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by rikkyjen(m): 6:24pm On Dec 26, 2006
@ United Fans, Another vintage performance from a rock solid United. Have been itching around BBC, ChelseaFC for Mourinho's post match rantings, yet to see one. wetin he wan yarn sef? undecided

This is our year no doubt. Akola Baba, You need to tape the mouth of 'em other blues, Excuse ke? Kosi excuse ooo  cheesy. Yeah 4 points gap is as minimal as Sh!t, but i def know that apart from the physical aspect of the game which UNITED is winning, psychologically; Jose, his boyz and the russian oligarch are not winning either! Lets see the crystal ball chelsea would move in january. Will they Break the bank or 'em Windsor's save to buy a retired Zidane cheesy. Who will save 'em from this impending catastrophe? probably Sheva.

As for United Fans, lets enjoy the emotional rollercoaster we are giving Jose wink
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by rikkyjen(m): 6:27pm On Dec 26, 2006
Grizzly:

Anyways, the premiership is far from over.
Last season, Manure chased us to the very near end (Altho hopelessly)
So whas the big deal?

Its exactly the same point United is prooving that Y'all would also chase us Hopelessly, Y'all think u Guys can Photo-finish US, which kain talk be dat? wink
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Akolawole(m): 6:29pm On Dec 26, 2006
rikkyjen:

[size=13pt]Have been itching around BBC, ChelseaFC for Mourinho's post match rantings, yet to see one. wetin he wan yarn sef? undecided

This is our year no doubt.  Jose, his boyz and the russian oligarch are not winning either! Lets see the crystal ball chelsea would move in january. Will they Break the bank or 'em Windsor's save to buy a retired Zidane cheesy. Who will save 'em from this impending catastrophe? probably Sheva.[/size]

I will refer to this before the end of the season again.

Go and ask BolaOni, Bagoma and Vieria last season.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by bolaoni(m): 6:38pm On Dec 26, 2006
Oga, wld hav lovd 2 take u up on some issues but my fone won't permit. we'll yarn later. UP UNITED
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by rikkyjen(m): 6:41pm On Dec 26, 2006
Say wetin? That Chelsea will still win the League, maybe the Milk Cup sha? Akola, i like your spirit, you are so confident and optimistic like ur Boss/ Model Mourinhole cheesy. Lets see wat happens. what makes you feel chelsea will win the league, what? You think cos you guys have enough cheddarz and Quids? Anywayz, Kashimawo!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Akolawole(m): 6:54pm On Dec 26, 2006
@BolaOni

i am ready any day.

@Rikky

There is a Mourinho in me. Never say die Spirit.

Confidence par excellence.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by bolaoni(m): 6:59pm On Dec 26, 2006
rikky no mind all of them jare. they hav bin dreamn of catchn us since we lost 2 d gooners & yet ,
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Akolawole(m): 9:33pm On Dec 26, 2006
bolaoni:

rikky no mind all of them jare. they hav bin dreamn of catchn us since we lost to the gooners & yet ,

Bola,

Did you remeber your thread " I remember 10 years ago"

I quote few:

April 1st 2006

For those who don't know, 10 years ago, in January Newcastle United with the great Sheare, Andy Cole, Aspirilla, Tomas Brolin, was leading Man U by a whooping 16 points! But By April of that year, the lead was cut to "0" with the comeback of the GREAT Cantona from suspension At the end of the season, United won the premiership.

Last week, I told my uncle IT IS NOT OVER YET! but he told me to sit down and stop ranting. I hope to ask him by Monday if I am still ranting now

This is a warning to all Chelsea people: THE BATTLE IS NOT OVER YET!

You will definitely at the end of the day. Just watch your back, we are coming for you

I think the kill starts from next week and ends at Stamford bridge

We want to show everybody we fear no foe. The same happened to newcastle 10 years ago. They lost the title when they lost to United @ St. James' Park of all places
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by manu4laif: 10:01pm On Dec 26, 2006
Great game guys.
We are winning games convincingly unlike some of our friends .
Great to see points dropped by Jose the Lip.
Truth is never look down on anyone.
We are on top,we know it and we are responding well to the pressure.The selection I felt WAS DODGY but we somehow came through.The idea of resting some key guys paid off.Kudos to Baba.Intro of Ronaldo I think was the master stroke.Evra was good in the early parts.Scholsy as usual scholarly but in the first half Scholes was the only true passer of the ball except for occasional flashes from Fletcher.That seemed to blunt our game in the first half.
Know what ?There is a great psychological feeling that we have not lost our lead even though we did not play first.
Is Ronaldo great?you tell me.10 goals and still counting.Surely Baba will lose his bet this season.
Silvestre again has shown why he must go to Israel or Qatar or Orlando Pirates in January.Please let us pray that it happens sooner rather than later .
20LE GEND = OLe gunner Solsjaer=Sunshine.Good to see him among the goals.
Quote me again:
'The Carpenters have only made things worse for the next set, First Villa,now Wigan,then Reading and next Newcastle,, and still counting.
It's great to be red!
Catch us if you can.

WAN UTD!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 4Play(m): 10:34pm On Dec 26, 2006
I wonder what those stupid Arsenal fans make of our continued stay at the top?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 26, 2006
4 Play:

I wonder what those stupid Arsenal fans make of our continued stay at the top?

Licking their wounds, anyone notice that Mukina is absent now? grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by toshmann(m): 2:07am On Dec 27, 2006
dont be too happy man u fans, watford will win this league grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by bolaoni(m): 8:55am On Dec 27, 2006
Akola, that was last season jare. u kno therz a HUGE diffy btw United of then and now. na lie?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Priscila(f): 11:38am On Dec 27, 2006
Man U fans! you can now lick everyone with your tongues. perhaps,We salute you this season. very painful to say but I admit.Those old men are in form.And now that Chelsea is Drogba, Arsenal will come out second if all comes to worst.
Its not over yet men!
Bolaoni,Jack and Co. big up men! three cheers for Disunited.

@Toshmann!
I remember you are a liverpool fan.what happened after Arsenal disgraced Blackburn? they come in to burn you guys black.am cracked up.
anyway this is stricttly Giggs,Fergie thread.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by superstar1(m): 12:18pm On Dec 27, 2006
10 lousy mourinho can stop the sage n his all conquering team from winning the premiership this year. he has started giving xcuses again,. he is never ashamed.cech is injured,terry is in the hospital,he sold galls n huth, who cares. chelskit have the best bench in the whole of premiership, if some teams like readingwatford,fulham etc can boast of only chelsea bench they would have relegated chelsea to the 18th position.keep bringing them on, who is next Reading.Wait a minute ManU fans we definately need a replacement for giggs the guy is losing the touches, baba is just keeping him cos of xperience.to b sincere i can't come out wit a good left winger for now.ONE UNITED n WE RULE THEM ALL
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by bolaoni(m): 12:48pm On Dec 27, 2006
Piriiicciillaaa! na wa o. Merry Keresmesi o. how u dey nah?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by toshmann(m): 2:29pm On Dec 27, 2006
@priscilla'
beware of watford grin grin grin
if they cant score, they may well get one of ur defenders to do it for them grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by manu4laif: 3:38pm On Dec 27, 2006
In spite of everything the pressure is still on us to keep winning.We have handled it well so far and am impressed with our scoring streak, it may just come to that at the latter stages.
Our best bet is to take a game at a time .Chalk up our 12 points this term by trouncing Reading and then a resurgent Newcastle.It ain't gonna be easy.I repeat the pressure is on us.Why?
1.Chelsea never really had the pedigree.The whole world knows that the last 2 seasons have been achieved cos of money and all that glitters ain't gold.If they do not win we will know that the bad dream is over.
2.Ass,nawl are always modest about their ambitions , a UCL place here , a worthless cup there,Amsterdam tournament,Reserves Cup,Best Youth Team ,unbeaten streak in all evening games ,etc.If they don't win it don't matter.
3.Who else ?Liverpool?They flatter to deceive.Bolton?Portsmouth?

What will win the trophy for us:
1.The Sorcerer at his magical and tinkering best.
2.Great buys(we have Lars , then Hargreaves a must and then maybe not more than 1 more )
2a.Offload Silvestre NOW.I've never been comfortable with him cos he changes his mind 5000 times in a game, 'i'll tackle him now ,no i'll head it, no i'll shoot", and then 'oh mon dieu c'est un own goal 'or penalty like yesterday.
3.How we respond to the New Year and February fixtures.It will be gruelling
4.Less or no long term injuries to key guys.(Just look at the mess Chelsea have found themselves 6 goals in 3 games including one straight from Ojo Ladipo Comedy Group.Shows their back is really all about Terry)

If we are leading by more than 4 points by mid-February(and we could ) the trophy should come home, MU is not in the habit of dropping such leads.

18 games to go.13 wins one draw takes us to 90 points.We had 15 wins in the 1st half.If we replicate our form 1st term I can't see anyone smelling our behind!

WAN UTD!

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.