Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,294 members, 7,860,713 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:47 PM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (503491 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 9:25am On Jan 09, 2007
yes, manutd is playin good football at the moment, but we still need players to make the job easier for everyone.
good job from scholes and carrick but i still feel we need a holdin midfielder who does all the dirty job in the middle. now that bayern is still adamant on hagreaves, a strong player like senna, should come to mind

thank God we are not the ones in the injuries list this season. . . .but one or two players could get a knock expecially when the heat of the champions league mounts . . .then we need more players in the frey to help out
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Waleone: 10:39am On Jan 09, 2007
Nobody would take it away from us we are playing good football at the moment and signing of a new player would distabised the game plan of the coach.doing the dirty things gattuso used to do for ac millan team,emerson for madrid,essien for chealsea a bi . we have such players in the like of darren fletcher,o'shea and i hope you still remember alan smith. do you that gabriel heinze is a ball winner too.my brother no shaking.we are ready for them.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 11:03am On Jan 09, 2007
@Wale1, which dirty work Fletcher and Oshea dey do? Na table soccer u dey watch?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by mukina2: 12:40pm On Jan 09, 2007
i wish him an injury before the 20th . .
i still have the mares he caused us in may angry cry
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tenor(m): 12:45pm On Jan 09, 2007
Up Man U! I still we wish had players in the mould of ERIC CANTONA the great! But hey Chelsea is looking so messed up this season.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by mukina2: 12:47pm On Jan 09, 2007
tenor:

Up Man U! I still[b] we wish[/b] had players in the mould of ERIC CANTONA the great! But hey Chelsea is looking so messed up this season.
thank God you still" we wish" grin

yeah cuz you guys got lucky now you are sayin chelsea is looking so messed up
bros relax its not over till its over
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 1:07pm On Jan 09, 2007
manutd lucky? pls dont start,
manutd deserved evry single point they got thats placing them ahead of chelsea.
dont take anything away from the team . . .

PROUDLY UNITED
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tianshie(m): 9:10pm On Jan 09, 2007
A million curses on United!!
Up Chelsea!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by manu4laif: 10:18pm On Jan 09, 2007
mukina2:

thank God you still" we wish" grin

yeah because you guys got lucky now you are sayin chelsea is looking so messed up
bros relax its not over till its over
In which of the games were we lucky?
I know it's far from over but if we keep winning it may soon be.Man U will drop points but so will Chelsea.We need to lose 2 games which Chelsea must win for them to catch up.Is that possible.Very.Will it happen?That is another thing.

However,Mourinho has not been behind at this stage in the last 2 years.Chelsea is not messed up but they are having the blip which everyone has.It's not just the draws,it's the struggle to win(it's been on since the Arsenal game.Even when they win they struggle, Everton,Wigan)Now the small guys do not fear Chelsea .After Boro,Spurs,Reading,Fulham Villa everyone must believe they have a chance.
Will they recover?I think so.But as long as they don't start a winning run soon it's unlikely Chelsea will really contest for the trophy .

tenor:

Up Man U! I still we wish had players in the mould of ERIC CANTONA the great! But hey Chelsea is looking so messed up this season.
The best season we had in the last 10 years was 1999 when we won the treble.In Europe that year we were unbeaten and we met the likes of Barca and Bayern in the early stages Inter,Juve and Bayern again in the KO stages,no losses and no Cantona.After that we still won the League in 2000,2001 and 2003 , still without Eric the Red.
He was great no doubt ,maybe the best in our era but we are building a new generation of quality  match winners.Look at Ronaldo.If he continues this way I am sure he would be a contender for European or World Footballer of the year sooner rather than later.And that is only one person.I can assure you that Monsieur Cantona will be very happy with what we have today.

WAN UTD!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 11:27pm On Jan 09, 2007
@manu4laif
spot on. right on point. thanks for the post. said exactly my mind.
everyone has started seein chelsea as beatable. tottenham, boro, readin, villa, fulham and the likes. their weaknesses has started to become obvious to every team and they've started capitalizing on it.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by manu4laif: 1:11am On Jan 10, 2007
@justkunmi,
Exactly.Unlike our own case for now where people expect to be trounced when they play us.See the jubilation at Newcastle after the draw.It looked like they just won a cup final.
If we carry this form into March that would really be smashing.But can we .

Guys, see what Baba has to say about that.

United resume Premiership duties this weekend looking to continue the Reds’ excellent form at the league’s summit, but Sir Alex Ferguson has told his players to expect a Chelsea backlash.

With a six-point advantage over the Blues, Sir Alex warns: "Chelsea will come back at us." But this could be a crucial phase in the championship race, as the boss explains: “The key is our own form and what we do ourselves. If we do it right, we do not need to keep looking over our shoulder."
In seasons gone by, United’s approach to the league season was, at this point, to raise the stakes and step up the performances a notch. However, this term, the Reds are the pacesetters, and maintaining that blistering pace is no simple task.

There is also the Champions League and FA Cup to contend with. But rather than focus on one competition, Sir Alex wants an attack on all three fronts.

"There is no point in being negative, let's enjoy it,” he says. "We have a good squad of players and are playing some terrific football.

"We need to achieve consistency over the second half of the campaign. Historically we do okay at this point. In the past, even if we have been erratic earlier in the season, we seem to have drawn a second wind. I am sure our present position will drive us on even more. We are pleased to be where we are.”

United’s form is matched by a strong belief and confidence in the team’s ability to take the Premiership trophy back to Old Trafford for the first time since 2003.

"We are here for the long haul plus we have youth and strength on our side,” adds the United boss. “We are fully capable of winning the championship."
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 1:17am On Jan 10, 2007
I believe the Arsenal game on the 21st is absolutely CRUCIAL. We need to play that game like a cup-final!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 3:11am On Jan 10, 2007
i tell u guys this, if we can beat arsenal on the 21st, we can as well call ourselves 2006/2007 english champions cos that match is very decisive.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Christino(m): 7:18am On Jan 10, 2007
Is it as important as Chelsea Vs Man-U?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by bolaoni(m): 7:45am On Jan 10, 2007
Xti, both are very important, but Chelskit's is in April wink
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nuggard(m): 10:21am On Jan 10, 2007
but b4 those matches we have to fix something in the defence. 7 goals in the last six games.Not as mouth watering as the beginning.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 12:52pm On Jan 10, 2007
Nuggard, runaway supporter!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nuggard(m): 1:45pm On Jan 10, 2007
oh Jeez, talk about running away from the devil only 2 find him naked on your bed,lecherously inviting you for a chat. cheesy

Actually I was doing time in jail. Its good to be free.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 2:31pm On Jan 10, 2007
Lol @Nuggard
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 6:37pm On Jan 10, 2007
good ur free. . or did u break from prison?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by bolaoni(m): 4:34pm On Jan 11, 2007
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO A UNITED LEGEND!

[size=14pt]
BRYAN 'ROBBO' ROBSON
[/size]
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by cabali(m): 8:24pm On Jan 11, 2007
same as from us all smiley
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 2:36am On Jan 12, 2007
this guy is just simply amazin. winnin the backlays player of the month for the second month running. the 3rd player ever to do that. thinkin he almost left for real after the world cup
his importance and contributions in every match is spot on. he has really grown and he gets better with evry match.

way to go bro, i see ya soon in the ranks contendin for footballer's award,: european and world

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 3:44am On Jan 12, 2007
and u assume we all know who that is u referring to??
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 4:08am On Jan 12, 2007
Congrats Cristiano. . .Glad we have you now instead of Beckham the money chaser. undecided
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 6:09pm On Jan 12, 2007
kitaun:

and u assume we all know who that is u referring to??

u don't av to be a genius to figure that out!! grin cheesy

@united fans
saha is back in training. we playin villa again 2mrw. with everyone in top form, i see us coastin away with the maximum 3 points.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by toptho(f): 6:33pm On Jan 12, 2007
@United fans you should read the ironic article on the website that was written by someone from chelsea,it's on the united board under news and features-blues slice of irony.
I just had to laugh-these are some excerpts
"for example, Manchester United - a side wildly unsteady on its feet right now, shipping goals and points like it's going out of fashion, looking to a costly striker who is hopelessly unable to score, and dependent for its future in the FA Cup upon a 35-year-old loan signing and a last minute howler by an overdressed goalkeeper."
That guy is really in cuckoo land
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 6:38pm On Jan 12, 2007
Justkunmi, sorry o!! I didnt know it was meant to be a fill-in-the-gap session
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 6:39pm On Jan 12, 2007
this cannot be possible!!!!!.

pls y'all should read this

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_1831962,00.html

wat y'all think
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Bizl4Rizl(m): 8:37pm On Jan 12, 2007
I hope its not true bcus it aint funny! Anyways if they snatch him up, i guess there are other players in the market. Abi?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nuggard(m): 10:54am On Jan 13, 2007
justkunmi:

this cannot be possible!!!!!.

please y'all should read this

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_1831962,00.html

what y'all think

yes and birmingham are going to buy beckham's contract from LA Galaxy.!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by bolaoni(m): 5:05pm On Jan 13, 2007
JK,

why are you surprised? They have been doing it to us for a while, so its no
news to us.

if they want to, let them have him, we can always get another player. wink

Hope you are enjoying the Villa drubbing. 1st Half 3-0 wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.