Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,697 members, 7,865,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 04:47 AM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (552) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (504048 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tboy81(m): 11:13am On Apr 15, 2008
Thanks! Steve Bruce (Man Utd Old Boi) for yesternite's game grin ( I heard Bruce received 19 SMS messages after the final whistle)

Maybe Moyes will even do Fergie; (a fellow scot) a favour on thursday night cool

. . . . Before we face Mark Hughes (another Man Utd Old Boi) on saturday. . . .

We're 95% there! cheesy grin grin

FOREVER UNITED!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 11:29am On Apr 15, 2008
@tboy
He received 19 sms and he was asked if any of them came from SAF and he laughed!!! u know what that mean

The Chavs thought they had it going for them, But then Resilience pays.
Thanks to Emile Heskey for the attempt.

Now we can go into Ewood Park with some good spirit and less pressure.
God dey, we shall win the league.

Where are them peops

ONE UTD!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 11:54am On Apr 15, 2008
Dudes check this out.

Rio Ferdinand has agreed a new deal at Man Utd that makes him the club's highest paid player alongside Cristiano Ronaldo on £120,000 a week.

Don't you think its on the high side
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by simmy(m): 12:09pm On Apr 15, 2008
whaddaya mean high side? ferdinand is probably the most important memeber of tht team. not only is he a remarkable defender, he s a leader. if there anyhtng missing in this present team its leaders. the man u team is complete, good attackers andsolid defenders and ferdinand is our most solid defender. i hope ferguson gives the guy anythnign he asks for.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 1:43pm On Apr 15, 2008
@ Emperoh,

High side?
Is there any better defender than Rio Ferdinand this season?
His patnership with Vida is the best in Europe by a country mile. . . . .

When was the last time u heard people harp about Terry, Gallas or Toure?
Rio has eclipsed everyone of em and he is now at his finest with great leadership skills.
If Arsenal had Rio, they would have wrapped up the title ages ago.

To answer your question, i don't think any fan would complain if Rio pockets £200,000 per week. He has earned it this season!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 1:46pm On Apr 15, 2008
Rio best defender

I would definitely go for Evra, Richards, Clichy, Sagna, Carragher and Vidic ahead of Rio the spliff merchant tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 1:58pm On Apr 15, 2008
120 is a little on the high side no doubt, but I think Vidic's contract should also be looked into. Vidic made Rio excellent. The combo is what is good, not Rio individually. , So if Vidic also wants a raise, he must get it. . .fast. .

And can I say a big congratulations to all United faithfuls. . .
We've practically won the league. , thanks to Chelsea's draw yesterday!!!!. . grin cheesy

WE ARE NOW THE UNDISPUTED CHAMPIONS OF ENGLAND!!! cool

PROUDLY UNITED
cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 2:14pm On Apr 15, 2008
@Jackie
Got it though!!! But the way these guys are lumped up makes me look like am not trying nada
Jeez. 120k a yr will make loads of them peops down here high chiefs in them domain.
Good for him though.
I expect that of Vida to follow asap

Thank you Chavs for givingit to us.

ONE UTD!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 2:21pm On Apr 15, 2008
@Jackal
RIO 120,000? wow!
i think thats too much!
nyways, they berra increase Vidas pay cos hes the best defender in Manchester United.

@Mancs
Congrats to all
The league is ours. . .now all energy should be on how to kill Barca.
We are marching to Moscow steadily. .
i cant wait
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 2:28pm On Apr 15, 2008
@ Justkunmi,

Vidic made Rio excellent? You could be shot in Manchester for making such a lewd comment.
Rio Ferdinand is the heart n soul of the United defence. . . . .He is a leader, reads the game carefully and instructs Vida where to be.
Vidic, of course, does the dirty job. However, a henchman without a good leader would go astray and defend shyte.

People accuse Rio of being too easy on the eye. . This is because he is too natural. .
He reads the game well and he doesnt need the last ditch defending defenders like Terry/Gallas/Toure do because he would have taken care of the danger in the 1st place. . . . . His only problem is lack of concentration but he makes up for it.

He is the only defender that was able to tame the rampant Fernando Torres HOME and AWAY. The virtuoso performance he gave in Roma(without Vida) is the best performance any English club defender have given in the last decade. He single-handedly won the tie for Man Utd.
Defence win championships. . . . .Attack win matches!!!   I repeat, if Arsenal had RIO they would have won the league weeks ago.

@ MC Omo,

I have told u times without number u are a complete idiot.
How can u compare Evra, Sagna and Clichy(Full backs) to a central defender?
Who even invited u to the discussion of champions? Do u even know what it feels like again winning the league title?
You ignorant sod!!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 2:41pm On Apr 15, 2008
Jackal
I havent said Rio isn't a great defender. . .He sure is, if not, Fergie wouldn' have bought him for that high a price.
My point is, Rio shouldn't be praised in isolation. He does a good job alone, like he did Roma, but he is better when Vidic is around. . .and that shouldn't be taken for granted. . .

The Rio-Vidic partnership has been feared by all both at home and away this season. . .No other partnership can come close. So if Rio is rewarded, Vidic should be too. . .

I'm so glad Vidic would be back before the Barca game. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 2:55pm On Apr 15, 2008
@ Justkunmi,

Everyone will be rewarded!!!

Vida's agents will be taking note but they won't even go to the boardroom unless Vida's contracts is about expiring.
Fergie is not increasing Rio's wages NOW because he is praising him in isolation. If United had finished 4th, Rio's contract talks would still come to play.
It is just coincidence. . . . Vidic's time will come and he shall be well rewarded. Fergie knows he's got the best pair.
He would be an idiot not to keep the duo.

The Serb should be back for the game against Blackburn.
Fergie must make sure we battle Rovers from the blast of the whistle. . . .No game slowers like Scholes and Giggs.
They are more suited for European games as European clubs tend to play in a low tempo. . . .
Anderson, Park, Nani should all be starting so we can go an inch closer to the title before the battle of the Bridge.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 3:02pm On Apr 15, 2008
Jackal

We only need 4 more points to confirm us as English Champions yet again. . .
We'll get the 3 points at Blackburn and the title would be won at The Bridge. That sounds so beautiful. . .

Focus should be on the Champions League. . .
We are playing away first. , we must score goals at Nou Camp to make sure we put Barca on the backfoot. . .and I know my devils are up to it. . . cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 3:14pm On Apr 15, 2008
@Jackal
oya lets discuss
why do you think RIO is better than VIDA?
as for me, i think Vida is better than Rio. . .Reasons, we all can see.
he scores with his head, hes a solid tackler, hes good at intercepting build ups, altho ill agree he doesnt have the finese and the composure of RIO
Overall, i think Vida is a better Defender
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 3:37pm On Apr 15, 2008
As far as am concerned, the need as to who is better needn't arise in the first place
They both complement each other very well
Y'all know we looked very vulnerable during our ast three matches without Vida
But we all saw how he did it and marshalled the defence with Pique
God knows Borough wouldn't have scored where Vida to be there
He would have man marked Alves out.
Anyway Rio is good but very excellent when playing with Vida meaning
THEY COMPLEMENT EACH OTHER

Le Chac
Be careful pummelling Mc Omo
You know he's trying to fix u ur NYSC posting or have you taken care of that.
U sure won't like to miss serving in Lagos or PH.
Served in Lagos and it was fun just that am a bit a reserved person and didn't get to enjoy all that was on offer

Vida should be back against Blackburn. I exxpect to see Nani also I dey miss that guy.

ONE UTD!!!

Countdown to Moscow!!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 4:04pm On Apr 15, 2008
@ tkb417,

I understand u very well.
You are the type that recognises the trojan horses as a hardworker but disregard the ones that do it nice and simple.
I am sure u would love the way Dirk Kuyt more than Ruud. . . . .Dirk's workrate cannot be questioned but has he really got the head to orchestrate moves and score? Ruud on the other hand looks lazy in the eye but he does the most important thing. . . SCORE GOALS.

If we are comparing work-rate. . . . Vidic by far but in efficiency, RIO would do for me.
He is the best natural defender English football has produced. Such is the confidence of this Londoner that he even dribbles strikers.
The art of defending is so natural for him . . . . .In a nutshell, He was born to defend.
Their combo is the best in Europe but RIO is a few notches ahead of Vidic.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 4:08pm On Apr 15, 2008
Le Chac
Tkb raised an issue about Omo's to be babe
What bad forwarding the Merchandise to him?

Rio is better agreed Mancs??
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by presido1: 4:52pm On Apr 15, 2008
tkb417:

@Jackal
i tot MC has 3 kids?
From 4 wives undecided undecided undecided
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 6:06pm On Apr 15, 2008
@Presido1
MC is around the corner. . .i dey go sleep before he comes
he will come out smoking with his Berretta grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 4Play(m): 6:15pm On Apr 15, 2008
Come,why una dey gang-up on Kit na? Everywhere I go,na Kit does this,Kit does that. grin

Make una chill for the guy.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 6:21pm On Apr 15, 2008
I will throw u in his pit if you are not careful or are u Man Utd 58 as well?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 4Play(m): 6:36pm On Apr 15, 2008
@Jackal

Use the "@" key when you are posting so I can know who you are directing your posts to.

Kit could have been following Arsenal on the BBC World Service.Who cares? You guys no dey tire to discuss one dude.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 6:44pm On Apr 15, 2008
@ 4play,

Why should i leave KIT alone?
Go and read his previous posts and count the number of times he has mentioned ma name in the last 30 days.
It doesn't matter if the topic connects me or not. . . . . It's PAYBACK time for the twit.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal1(m): 7:53pm On Apr 15, 2008
@ tkb417,

It's getting hot in Manchester.
The comparison keeps getting better and better.
First it was Ruud, George Best, then Dennis Law and now FERGIE himself. grin grin
Pay attention to Fergie's car and wages compared to Ronaldo. tongue tongue tongue tongue

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 8:13pm On Apr 15, 2008
@MC
grin grin grin grin
thats the word for you
SCATTERBRAIN lmao!

@Jackal
i just saw ur post on SAF and Ronnie
damn! who did that?
some people can dig stuvvs? thats some vital info i need to add to my archives
Fergie is a legend!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 8:29pm On Apr 15, 2008
@Jackal

i just pray we get a top class young striker in the mould of Karim Benzema. This will at least take the spotlight away from the young portuguese.

Now that the guy has about 38goals to his credit and im sure hes still gonna score at least 5 goals b4 the end of this season, we shouldnt expect him to deliver the goals at this rate next season or else, some mad people will start calling him a failure. I forsee a bright future, hes definitely gonna rule the world of soccer with his skills
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by presido1: 9:01pm On Apr 15, 2008
EUROPEAN POWER RANKINGS

1 (1) Manchester United - 24.76

2 (2) Barcelona - 22.38

3 (5) Liverpool - 20.96

4 (4) Internazionale - 20.74

5 (6) Chelsea - 20.53

6 (3) Arsenal - 20.44

7 (7) Porto - 20.17

8 (9) Sevilla - 19.97

9 (cool Roma - 19.26

10 (11) Everton - 19.97

11 (10) Fenerbahce - 18.52

12 (12) Real Madrid - 17.66

13 (13) Bayern - 17.31

14 (14) Hamburg - 16.75

15 (16) Olympiacos - 16.74

16 (15) Milan - 16.63

17 (20) Rangers - 16.44

18 (18) Werder Bremen - 16.29

19 (19) Fiorentina - 16.15

20 (17) Lyon - 16.15
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/15042008/58/champions-league-european-power-rankings.html
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 7:45am On Apr 16, 2008
@Presido,
The listing does not make sense at all. I wonder why Inter Milan is ahead of Real Madrid.

Everton ahead of Bayern Munich, Lyon and Real Madrid. All these English sites cant just be reasonable

Rio on 120k thats is ridiculous!! Rio that missed a one on one chance with Van der Saar last Sunday. He had the chance to make the scores 2-0 at a point and could not beat VDS from 6 yards grin tongue.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 7:55am On Apr 16, 2008
@Presido,
The listing does not make sense at all. I wonder why Inter Milan is ahead of Real Madrid.

Everton ahead of Bayern Munich, Lyon and Real Madrid. All these English sites can't just be reasonable

Rio on 120k thats is ridiculous!! Rio that missed a one on one chance with Van der Saar last Sunday. He had the chance to make the scores 2-0 at a point and could not beat VDS from 6 yards

How is what Rio earns a problem to a Bayern fan?
we should complain not you. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 8:02am On Apr 16, 2008
Rio is overrated and overpaid thats the message.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by pein(m): 8:08am On Apr 16, 2008
dayokanu:

Rio is overrated and overpaid thats the message.

then why dnt you underate and underpay him??!!!
serioulsy can you name a better defender this season??
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by eldee(m): 8:09am On Apr 16, 2008
@pein
The answer is not too far, Vidic. . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.