Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (598) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (499622 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by omowhyou(m): 11:28am On Jun 04, 2008
If ronaldo wants to go fine, we still have better players football is all about team work and for now we have the best team in the world.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by vicade(m): 12:47pm On Jun 04, 2008
man u fans don't get it twisted. If ronaldo leaves then he will be hard to replace. Nani is not ready and i don't think park can fll ronaldos boots and a ronaldo in hand is woth more than anything in the market now. I am a gunner and i really hope ronaldo stays because it is almost like the man u and arsenal are now feeder teams to real madrid and barcelona respectively. Real madrid will sell more ronaldo shirts in spain and other commercial ventures like they did with beckham so it seems like a good investment. cool

However, the word aroud is that real madrid are offering £150,000 per week AFTER TAX. Even if man u is my owned by ronaldos family, that offer is too good to turn down. However there are two options:
1. Can manchester united match real madrids offer ?
2. Will Ronaldo remain loyal to Carlos queiroz and Sir Alex who brought him from porto ?

Cesc on the other hand is loyal to arsenal and that is why he met with barca people last season and still chose to stay. CESC FABREGAS OWES WENGER HIS CAREER and is still paying his dues. Henry had paid his dues. Viera had paid his dues.

The point is has Ronaldo-the best player i know in the universe, paid his dues to Sir alex and man u and thus good to go to real madrid?

I DONT THINK SO. smiley
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 12:57pm On Jun 04, 2008
Reds announce Nigeria stopManchester United will play Portsmouth in a pre-season exhibition match in Nigeria in July.

At a press conference at Old Trafford today, chief executive David Gill confirmed the game against the FA Cup winners will be added to United’s existing commitments in Africa.

The Reds are heading to South Africa for three games against Kaiser Chiefs and Orlando Pirates between 19 July and 26 July and will now play in Abuja, Nigeria shortly afterwards, en route back to England.

"Research has shown Nigeria is home to our fourth largest fan base - some 13million supporters - so this is an opportunity for us to say thank you to those fans," said David Gill.

"We're looking forward to a carnival atmosphere when we play in Nigeria."

Of course, the Reds are also due to face Portsmouth at Wembley in the Community Shield on Sunday 10 August.

"We didn't plan it to be a dress rehearsal for the Community Shield," Gill laughed, "but it's a nice coincidence.

"We'll take a strong squad. All the English players will be there - people like Wayne Rooney, Rio Ferdinand and Owen Hargreaves, for instance.

"Those players who are involved in and do well at the European Championships won't make the trip [to South Africa or Nigeria]."

Mancs
whats u think about this?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 1:19pm On Jun 04, 2008
yeah right, let them come

Abuja will be fine by me and i'll try to see the game with pompey.
Lets see how it goes, i hope its not gonna be rowdy.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by omowhyou(m): 1:46pm On Jun 04, 2008
Man united in Naija that will be a dream come through. and that will also make there fan base stronger, Man united for life
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by codedguy1(m): 2:25pm On Jun 04, 2008
It would be a lovely sight, to see all them Premiership stars playing in 9ja. cool cool

@Vicade
Nobody is getting anything twisted, Ronaldo is the hottest thing in soccer right now and thats why we have the likes of Real Madrid wanting to break the bank to get him.

If Ronaldo eventually leaves Man U (which i dont see happening, especially this season) Man U will cope and very well for that matter, with the geez they'll get from selling Ronaldo, Fergie will go into the market, and guess what, you might just see 3Ronaldo type players in Man U be4 wengay can say 'whats happening' in French. That might eventually send him to PSG quicker than DuDu would recover. tongue tongue tongue

YES ManU can match 150000pounds a week, but i dont think they need to do that to keep Ronnie.
Ronaldo does not need to be loyal to anybody at this time, he knows he very hot right now, so he might want to be alittle greedy, through advises he might be getting, i wont blame him, but he should use his head and should know that he has everything going for him at OT nd should not put spanner in the works.

I might agree, Cesc owes his career to Wengay, but he was never gonna get first team shirt if he had gone to Barca, i guess he knew that, and decided to sit his Ass in Arsenal with a coach that would give him that chance.

Ronaldo has not paid his dues to SAF, but he sure paid alot this season which is why SAF will do anything to keep him?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 3:04pm On Jun 04, 2008
I'll surely be there. First time I'll see United outside England. Can't
miss it for anything in the world.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by omowhyou(m): 4:02pm On Jun 04, 2008
If he wants to go fine, he has achieve something good for himself and the club. He should be careful with his choice of club, Spanish league is not like the premiership were you have lot of space. One thing is for sure if he is leaving it is not now.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by superstar1(m): 5:05pm On Jun 04, 2008
ronaldo can go to real madrid if he wants.if he canot learn from becks and owen thatz his headache.
with or without ronaldo, we shall MAKE it. people said more than that when becks and RVP was being sold.
Lets pocket the 75m and buy quality players to run other teams down again.we are not a one man riot squad team.
have we all forgotten, cantona left when the whole world was begging him not to, and 2day we have EPLs and UCLs to point to.
well, David Gill has closed this case by saying we are not selling.That puts a capital FULL STOP to this opera.Madrid should learn how to build
their own playas and stop allowing the UCL champions turn them to their dumping ground --- becks,RVP,Heinze,Carlos Queiroz etc.

i hope we shall make all our signings on time. Lets start focusing on our defense of the titles.

United for 11th EPL and 3rd UCL next season!!!!!!!!!!! ( i shall incur the wrath of some people here)

GLORY GLORY UNITED
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes4(m): 9:38pm On Jun 04, 2008
superstar1:

ronaldo can go to real madrid if he wants.if he canot learn from becks and owen thatz his headache.
with or without ronaldo, we shall MAKE it. people said more than that when becks and RVP was being sold.
Lets pocket the 75m and buy quality players to run other teams down again.we are not a one man riot squad team.
have we all forgotten, cantona left when the whole world was begging him not to, and 2day we have EPLs and UCLs to point to.
well, David Gill has closed this case by saying we are not selling.That puts a capital FULL STOP to this opera.Madrid should learn how to build
their own playas and stop allowing the UCL champions turn them to their dumping ground --- becks,RVP,Heinze,Carlos Queiroz etc.

i hope we shall make all our signings on time. Lets start focusing on our defense of the titles.

United for 11th EPL and 3rd UCL next season!!!!!!!!!!! ( i shall incur the wrath of some people here)

GLORY GLORY UNITED

Relax, hombre. . . . . . Ronaldo is going nowhere.
He will move to Madrid when Ferguson retires in 2010. tongue tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 10:23pm On Jun 04, 2008
I just read an article where he said he would be leaving  next year.

I have the feeling that the guy is kinda confused about the choice to make.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Bgal(f): 10:59am On Jun 05, 2008
I don't think he'll leave this year. Probably when Fergie retires. Besides, he should go anywhere but Real Madrid. ONE UNITED
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by topeorekoy(m): 2:02pm On Jun 05, 2008
some1 shld just tell ronaldo to move. 300,000 pounds a week minus tax is so much for a player to resist.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes4(m): 2:05pm On Jun 05, 2008
topeorekoy:

someone shld just tell ronaldo to move. 300,000 pounds a week minus tax is so much for a player to resist.

Thats what i am talking about. . . . . For 300k/week, i would do voodoo if i was Ronaldo's mother.
It has to be a joke. . . . . .no player is worth that kinda money.
Fergie should just take the £75 million and splash on Messi and Quaresma(Porto won't be in the Champions League next season). cheesy grin
Quaresma + Messi + Benzema + Alves and Man Utd will retain the title again and again.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 2:56pm On Jun 05, 2008
Chacal, I can't stop laughing at ur posts
I don't really care about where CR7 goes next season. But am sure if he begins to mess up, Man U will definitely make money off him
Can't wait for the Euro to start

Rio will be in Lagos tomorrow
has anyone heard. Its all in the papers??
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes4(m): 3:00pm On Jun 05, 2008
@ Emperoh,

Euro2008 starts this weekend. . . . . . .What a relief.
David Gill confirmed he won't be buying anyone until after the Euro tournament cos managers of em national teams dont want distractions.
Thats logical. . . . . Although, he said he might pull one or 2 transfers off his hat in the coming weeks(i suspect south americans) cheesy wink
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 3:57pm On Jun 05, 2008
Emperoh:

Rio will be in Lagos tomorrow
has anyone heard. Its all in the papers??

I'm sure it'll be a carnival like reception for him.

It will get crazier when the team "gan gan" arrives July
ending. Nothing can stop me from going to Abuja to see
them.

First time I'll see my darling team outside England.

Can't wait!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by dyabman(m): 5:53pm On Jun 05, 2008
REMEMBER 1964 grin grin grin DONT COME TO AFRICA MANUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU cool cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 8:49pm On Jun 05, 2008
akinalabi:

I'm sure it'll be a carnival like reception for him.

It will get crazier when the team "gan gan" arrives July
ending. Nothing can stop me from going to Abuja to see
them.

First time I'll see my darling team outside England.

Free accomodation @ the Hilton for all United fans!! Call +234-c-r-i-s-t-a-l-z-555.
Hurry now before the entire floor space of the Presidential suite gets filled up!! Come along with your mattresses (though the persian rug's so soft you might not even need 'em.)
Offer closes when hotel management kicks y'all out.

One United!!!  grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 8:56am On Jun 06, 2008
[size=18pt]Ronaldo breaks silence - Admits he desires Real move[/size]

"I want to play for Real Madrid, but only if it is true they are eager to pay me and Manchester United what they have been saying they will," said Ronaldo.

"However, it does not depend on me. It is important to send a message.

"From now on I will not talk again about this until the end of the Euros. It is not worth asking me because I will not reply."

On Wednesday, Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon said he would not risk ruining his club's relationship with Manchester United by bidding for a player under contract.

However, now Ronaldo has signalled his intent for a future in Spain, it could be Madrid that make the next move.

- skysports.com

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 9:01am On Jun 06, 2008
[size=18pt]Ronaldo Snubs Sir Alex Ferguson[/size] grin grin

Cristiano Ronaldo's relationship with Sir Alex Ferguson has reportedly deteriorated to the extent that the Portugal winger is unwilling to meet with the Manchester United manager to discuss his future.

Despite being granted permission to talk to the 23-year-old at Portugal's Euro 2008 training base by Luiz Felipe Scolari, Ferguson has effectively been barred from doing so by Ronaldo himself. The player is understood to be so angry with Ferguson's claim at the weekend that the Glazers would prefer to see the forward "rot" than sell him to Real Madrid that he has vowed not to speak to the Scot.

The snub will only darken Ferguson's mood as he attempts to enjoy the sunshine in the south of France. Already seething over what he perceives as Real Madrid's unethical pursuit of his star player, Ferguson is bound to have reacted angrily to confirmation from Ronaldo on Thursday that he wants to move to the Spanish capital.

Ferguson will stubbornly resist Real's overtures, even if they formally offer a world-record bid in excess of £75m, but the apparent deterioration of his relationship with Ronaldo puts a new slant on matters and one that only increases the likelihood of the Portuguese forward leaving.

-Football365.com

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 11:18am On Jun 06, 2008
Finally, he has said it. . It took him how many days to do that. .

Now Fergie, sell this guy and cash in. Or an exchange with Robinho.
We dont need a player playing at United with his mind in Madrid. .

We survived Becks
We survived Gaby
We survived Ruud
We'll surely survive Ronnie,
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by shilling(f): 11:24am On Jun 06, 2008
justkunmi:

Finally, he has said it. . It took him how many days to do that. .

Now Fergie, sell this guy and cash in. Or an exchange with Robinho.
We don't need a player playing at United with his mind in Madrid. .

We survived Becks
We survived Gaby
We survived Ruud
We'll surely survive Ronnie,

I totally agree. I could bet 2 cents that he won't shine at Real Madrid. Even Beckham advised him to stay at Man U for now. The idiot should go!!!!

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 11:40am On Jun 06, 2008
Ruud was and is still my greatest United player. I loved the guy so much and was so furious at Fergie for allowing him leave, but twas all for the best.

No doubt, Ronnie has done well for United, alot in fact, but I just expected a lil mo from him thats all.
He eventually would leave United but publicly admitting you would like to leave to me is the height of all insults. . .

But with the situation at present now, all the parties should win.

An exchange deal involving Robinho with some cash would be soo great, and we mite even forget bout Ronaldo in the first season of his absence
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by codedguy1(m): 12:29pm On Jun 06, 2008
Ronaldo has done exceptionally well for us, and am sure he himself never thought he was going to achieve this much individually this season.

The truth is if that story of shorting Fergie out is true then we don't need him.
He is a great player and i would not for ones, take that away from him or talk as if he is/was not an important part of the team, but after all said and done, MAN u does not need this type of distraction. Manchester United is greater than any player including Ronaldo.

It would be sad to see him go, but like i said we don't need this.

justkunmi:

But with the situation at present now, all the parties should win.

An exchange deal involving Robinho with some cash would be soo great, and we mite even forget bout Ronaldo in the first season of his absence

EXACTLY
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Xerxes4(m): 12:32pm On Jun 06, 2008
@ Justkunmi,

The interview is fake. . . .
Don't count on what those fake journalists are saying. . . . The journalist from Brazil, Mr Gomes admitted the so called phantom interview was given several days ago BUT Portugese Officials denied ever allowing any journalist to speak to Ronaldo in the Portugese camp.  This brazilian source, although credible, why have they supposedly got the scoup ahead of sky sports, portugese regional papers, BBC and other more closely staged sources, something there doesnt seem right. The story didn't even make the front pages of the so called website. . . Bizarre!!!!

Lets even assume Ronaldo gave the interview to this mystery man. . . . .People seem to overlook the most important sentence in the drivel.
Ronaldo said: “I would like to play for Real Madrid but only if it is true they are ready to pay what Manchester United ask. However, it does not depend on me".

The Glazers would rather Ronaldo rot in the reserves than be lost to the Spanish giants . . .
Ferguson has gone away on holiday saying, in effect, that Ronaldo will move to Real Madrid over his dead body.
If Ronaldo wants a move, i am confident Ferguson would rather do a deal with Barcelona.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by cescky(m): 1:03pm On Jun 06, 2008
[size=8pt]OFF goes RONALDO and DOWN goes MANURE[/size]

http://tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=96848 grin grin grin tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 1:09pm On Jun 06, 2008
~Xerxes~:

The interview is fake. . . .

Ohhh Puhleease! Ronaldo's agent has verified that interview. Skysports and every major news source have verified the interview.
Only Jackal hasn't verified it.

I know Ronaldo's betrayal is a bitter pill to swallow, but [size=13pt]GET OVER IT![/size]

Don't worry, you'd win the PREM again in 7 years time! grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 1:26pm On Jun 06, 2008
JK cool

When i tell you all about the lack of loyalty in football nowadays, you guys will be making some noise about United players are this and that. MONEY AND AGENTS RUN FOOTBALL!!

Look at Hleb's issue, here is a guy that was commanding a automatic place in a team, and pre a champ league match against the defending champs, his agent arranges a meeting with Inter Milan Imagine the stupidity and lack of respect some footballers have tongue.

Most of these guys are pampered babies and don't really deserve the attention we give them as fans (Thats why its better to be attached to the Club and not an individual).

Thats why i will always respect Cesc Fabregas, here is a lad that came from Spain as a Young Un and is growing in a foreign country. He has every opportunity to go back to Mardrid or Barca, WHERE HE IS WANTED!! Despite what some idiot Manc says about him not getting a starting place at Barca (Where do you guys import these dorks from ).

Also the Lad sees his 2 chums leaving the club to go elsewhere, yet he chooses to remain loyal to the man that gave him a chance to show off his skills (However the point should also be made that Cesc is loyal to Arsene the man, not really Arsenal the club). Now even if the lad decides to leave one day (as he has always said he would like to end his career back home) I doubt it will be in this manner and with this much uncertainty. And i would be surprised if any Arsenal supporter holds any grudges on Cesc.

Now Ronaldo has been given a chance to develop by SAF, he wins trophies for United, is a show in for UEFA and FIFA awards because of United, and at present is considered the best in the world. With all this, you would think the Lad would be far more tactful in his utterances (Considering all the posturing by SAF that RONALDO IS STAYING!!).

Like we all you, you cannot force a player to stay even if you are SAF, Jose tried the bully tactics with Gallas, he lost out, Arsene tried the diplomatic tactics with Henry, he lost out, i believe Fergie should read the writing on the wall. If the lad has expressed the desire to go, sell him now! Cause if he stays, he will only be bidding his time and won't give 100 percent to the cause (He will put in 100 percent effort to maintain his standing, but it will be more for individual gain, than for Team Spirit).

Its like sowing a seed, most time when it has been planted, it will eventually germinate. You all should not let Divino get to the stage that he feels he is bigger than the club, and is only doing you all a favour by wearing the Red of United. The guy is not interested in following Best or Charlton, he wants to follow Zidane, Puskas and other Madrid legends.

Since he has come out to say he would love to go, LET HIM GO!! No need for the relationship to turn sour.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by vicade(m): 1:32pm On Jun 06, 2008
From VIVA!!! RONALDO to ADIOS RONALDO  grin  grin  grin

JUST KIDDING. i THINK HE SHOULD STAY AND I HOPE HE STAYS.
I would rather see lampard and drogba leave chelsea than R7 leave man u
One Love from a gunner wink

beckham, ruud van niesteroy and gabriel heinze might have left and man u survived but ronaldo is special and at 23 years old i think, Ronaldo has his best years ahead of him.
42 goals from midfield is not beans o shocked
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by codedguy1(m): 1:38pm On Jun 06, 2008
Razorr:

Don't worry, you'd win the PREM again in 7 years time! grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin

Why do u want us to believe if Ronnie goes we would achieve what Arsenal is trying to achieve  tongue tongue

Ronnie is just one player, and a very good one for that matter, but if this one player eventually goes, guess what? we get enough money from his sale to buy 2-3 players to strengthen the team. Trust me, Fergie knows how to do this!
Atleast we are not like LE Arses who may eventually loose about 2-4players, especially their midfielders, to other teams and injury tongue

You should be worried bout your team, Heard Iyabo Obasanjo and cookie monster are now on the list for the Job. grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by vicade(m): 1:47pm On Jun 06, 2008
Football is not mathematics.
Even if Man u buys another player outsie the premiership, he may not make an instant impact.
Some players take time to adapt to life in england and all that.Ronaldo replaced david beckham and if i remember correctly, that was the season they lost out to lille in the champions leage and lost out in the group stage(Not sure)

If ronaldo is leaving, i think signing berbatov from spurs is important cos of premiership experience. Barca will never release messi. Hatem ben arfa and Frank Ribery are also options. Ricard Quaresma blows hot and cold though he has the quality.Nani can also step up.

One love from a gunner smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.