Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,716 members, 7,820,499 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

What Makes Your Church Better Than Others - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Makes Your Church Better Than Others (798 Views)

Jehova Witnesses, I Want To Join Your Church, Help Me!!! / Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD / When Does Your Church Services Start And When Do You Arrive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Makes Your Church Better Than Others by SamMilla1(m): 11:28pm On Sep 23, 2008
What and what exactly make you believe your church is better than others.

I asked this question because millions of people attend churches they know nothing about.

Just because your parents are members of a certain Church doesnt mean that the church is too good.
I believe that at a certain age, humans become old enough to make decisions concerning their religion.
Re: What Makes Your Church Better Than Others by pilgrim1(f): 11:30pm On Sep 23, 2008
Well, perhaps we may ask you to kick-start the gist by asking you: is it not true that you would prefer your own church to some others?
Re: What Makes Your Church Better Than Others by SamMilla1(m): 11:37pm On Sep 23, 2008
I just asked what you think makes your church better than others and i expect a direct answer from you.
Dont make me say something wrong here. If you have no answer to the question, just move to another one.
i wonder why some of you always like to complicate and derail topics.
Re: What Makes Your Church Better Than Others by KarmaMod(f): 11:39pm On Sep 23, 2008
75mins. wink
Re: What Makes Your Church Better Than Others by pilgrim1(f): 11:42pm On Sep 23, 2008
SAM MILLA:

I just asked what you think makes your church better than others and i expect a direct answer from you.
Dont make me say something wrong here. If you have no answer to the question, just move to another one.
i wonder why some of you always like to complicate and derail topics.

This is not about derailing a thread. It's a simple question, and you may pass it over if you'd not like to answer it.
Re: What Makes Your Church Better Than Others by bawomolo(m): 7:04am On Sep 24, 2008
we don't charge 10 percent, free donut and coffee
Re: What Makes Your Church Better Than Others by KunleOshob(m): 10:38am On Sep 24, 2008
Church denomination is against the spirit of christianity angry
Re: What Makes Your Church Better Than Others by Udyro(f): 12:17pm On Sep 24, 2008
The Teachings, is based on the scriptures. it is what the Bible says not what the pastor says.
The Time, is taken consciously. no delay
The arrangement and orderliness, is excelent.

wants to know more? meet me at svelte2s@yahoo.com cheesy
Re: What Makes Your Church Better Than Others by KunleOshob(m): 12:28pm On Sep 24, 2008
Udyro:

The Teachings, is based on the scriptures. it is what the Bible says not what the pastor says.
The Time, is taken consciously. no delay
The arrangement and orderliness, is excelent.

wants to know more? meet me at svelte2s@yahoo.com cheesy
Some pastors have mastered the art of manipulating what the bible says and quoting it out of context to suit their whims and caprices
Re: What Makes Your Church Better Than Others by Gamine(f): 12:38pm On Sep 24, 2008
I thought We were the Church?

See the problem with all these denominations!!!

Got to camp and wat did i see

Loveworld fellowship, deeper life fellowship, winners fellowship, Redeemed fellowship

C&S fellowship, Apostolic fellowship, Seventh day adventist fellowship, Jehovah witness fellowship

Latter day saint fellowship, CCC fellowship. . . . .

i was like

I never went to anyone, i had my fellowship with my God.
Re: What Makes Your Church Better Than Others by AKO1(m): 3:03pm On Sep 24, 2008
Gamine:

I thought We were the Church?

See the problem with all these denominations!!!

Got to camp and what did i see

Loveworld fellowship, deeper life fellowship, winners fellowship, Redeemed fellowship

C&S fellowship, Apostolic fellowship, Seventh day adventist fellowship, Jehovah witness fellowship

Latter day saint fellowship, CCC fellowship. . . . .

i was like 

Re: What Makes Your Church Better Than Others by pilgrim1(f): 3:43pm On Sep 24, 2008
Gamine:

Okay, since that one different from all the other fellowship, make we jus form your own and call it "my fellowship" (aka MFWMG - "[b]m[/b]y [b]f[/b]ellowship [b]w[/b]ith [b]m[/b]y [b]G[/b]od"wink

Lol, babe chill. . . I just dey mess with your head! How body? grin
Re: What Makes Your Church Better Than Others by Gamine(f): 4:18pm On Sep 24, 2008
lol.

My body dey fine. smiley

Actually there was one fellowship that was inter denominational

but i just couldnt follow what they were preaching.

Next thing i know, i was called a sinner! undecided

Chai!

There is only ONE CHURCH but lots of business places.
Re: What Makes Your Church Better Than Others by KunleOshob(m): 4:37pm On Sep 24, 2008
Gamine:

There is only ONE CHURCH but lots of business places.
As we discussed earlier on another thread, true christianity in practise is almost extinct and the church (body of christ) is definitely not united. The unfortunate thing is that most people that profess christianity are not even aware that they have been seriously mis-led cos this straying away from true christianity started centuries ago and it as come to be accepted as common practise even though it as no biblical or scriptural basis.
Re: What Makes Your Church Better Than Others by KarmaMod(f): 4:53pm On Sep 24, 2008
bawomolo:

free donut and coffee

How will they be able to peach against gluttony? tongue
Re: What Makes Your Church Better Than Others by Gamine(f): 4:57pm On Sep 24, 2008
@Kunle

True true.

Now im being forced to attend "Church"
Re: What Makes Your Church Better Than Others by nwakaibe(m): 2:59pm On Sep 25, 2008
Gamine:

@Kunle

True true.

Now I'm being forced to attend "Church"

wink wink winkAttend Nairaland xtian fellowship. cheesy cheesy of course, we are members. cool cool cool
Well, It is always like that but try to settle down. we exhorted not to forsake the gathering together of the brethren.
Pilgrim1 can help locate a place of worship. or should I invite you to where I worship wink wink wink wink.
Re: What Makes Your Church Better Than Others by Gamine(f): 3:13pm On Sep 25, 2008
Well, yesterday i was called a Devils agent cos i refused to attend one "church"

i was still forced to go, i hadnt even taken a bath kpa kpa.lol

Anyways what "church" do u attend

and yeah, im happy to be part of that fellowship!
Re: What Makes Your Church Better Than Others by nwakaibe(m): 3:47pm On Sep 25, 2008
Gamine:

Well, yesterday i was called a Devils agent because i refused to attend one "church"

i was still forced to go, i hadn't even taken a bath kpa kpa.lol

Anyways what "church" do You attend

and yeah, I'm happy to be part of that fellowship!

Aha, you should know by now. I have contributed to other threads where i stated it. Christ Embassy.
Re: What Makes Your Church Better Than Others by Gamine(f): 4:01pm On Sep 25, 2008
Thanks, i will PASS

that is no church,
Re: What Makes Your Church Better Than Others by bawomolo(m): 11:19pm On Sep 25, 2008
KarmaMod:

How will they be able to peach against gluttony? tongue

oops i forgot to add raunchy yoga lessons after service grin
Re: What Makes Your Church Better Than Others by Cayon(f): 11:07am On Sep 27, 2008
@Poster:

it depends on your interpretation of church. Jesus made it clear, that the church was the followers, not the building. No where in the Bible were the Christians EVER told to rebuild the church, and go to a church building, they worshiped in their homes. This is what Jesus came to do, was to bring religion to a personal relationship not dogma.

Anyone can have a personal relationship with God in the privacy of themselves- be that home, work, your car, walking down the street, etc.  The Church is just a building.  Its your personal relationship with God and to be Christ like. It's what you do in your everyday life that matters.
What beliefs are in the head and heart and the way people behave towards others and all aspects of life matter more.
Some unpleasant people go to churches and religious institutions so attending them doesn't make anyone a good or better person.
Church may be fine for worshipping but attending it doesn't make better people. The truth is, we have too many one day Christians. i.e   church goers who forgot their religion for the other six days a week.  We call them Sunday Christians lipsrsealed

Peace
Re: What Makes Your Church Better Than Others by otokx(m): 3:55pm On Sep 27, 2008
Nothing; no church is better than the other.
Re: What Makes Your Church Better Than Others by Wendy80(f): 4:54pm On Sep 27, 2008
@poster
no church is better than others. Church is not a physical building but a body of Christ. ie body of Christ with different names so i cant say my church is better than urs cos though we are many we are one body in Christ

(1) (Reply)

Did Jesus Know: - 1 - Human Origins? / Acutal Impact Of Christainty On Society In Real Terms / Is God Partial With His Favours?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.