Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,938 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! (1760 Views)

The Soldier Who Has Seen His Family Only 12times In 6yrs Cos Of Boko Haram / Tinubu Must Beg Saraki Else His Ministerial Nominees Will Suffer / Armed Soldiers Beating Innocent Citizens Now At Sun Tan Beach Badagry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! by tosinadeda: 12:09am On Sep 24, 2008
Now this is what i call National disgrace
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2935397
Re: Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! by mystikal(m): 12:43am On Sep 24, 2008
It is disheartening my bro
I try to keep a smiling face each time a friend, colleague etc draw my attention the evils of scamming in my own country. It can really be embarasing at times.

The video is funny tho, the Nkem Owoh song and all.

Sad though, I've got some of them as friends.
Re: Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! by tosinadeda: 12:54am On Sep 24, 2008
its really a shame!!!! as in look at the fabricated stories shocked its crazy

mystikal:

thats the sad part o!
Re: Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! by ifyalways(f): 4:28am On Sep 24, 2008
Na today?
which Yahooze is worst than the one the FG is playing on the citizenry?If the maga is not willing to pay,there wont be biz !
why and how wud someone fall for those cheap stories if he/she himself is not a cheat/crook?
Re: Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! by Kobojunkie: 4:35am On Sep 24, 2008
If the Nigerian government wanted to end this, it would. Problem is why are they not working harder at ending this nonsense?
Re: Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! by DisGuy: 4:53am On Sep 24, 2008
Kobojunkie:

If the Nigerian government wanted to end this, it would. Problem is why are they not working harder at ending this nonsense?

End this? I don't think so, or how do you stop a Surgeon, Politician, Pastor, supposedly educated people from America to stop sending money for lotteries they never played or Prince abedipele for a cut of some looted fund in a country they probably wont be able to point out on a map!

The FG should do its part though especially funding/training agencies dealing with cyber-crimes, plus have some sort of special court where cases are not delayed will help!
There should be minimum jail terms or fines for fraudsters with an online database for convicted criminals!

it would also help if more gullible Americans come out openly to say they have been scammed and how, so Interpol can convict people oh and they should also be online database with picture for these gullible groups too
Re: Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! by sima(f): 5:31am On Sep 24, 2008
wow i'm so disgusted by that video clip embarassed
God help us. . .
Re: Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! by sima(f): 5:31am On Sep 24, 2008
n' dos 419 people dont learn 4rm all dis things oO. .
it pisses mi off
Re: Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! by tosinadeda: 2:14pm On Sep 24, 2008
Kobojunkie:

you have point there!!!!! but really a government not ashamed of corruption in high places,rigging of elections, lack of essential basic infrastructure etc i dont see how they will end this!!!!!! they just dont care.
Every1 including the international media knew that no election held in nigerian, but still they dont care

ifyalways:

Na today?
which Yahooze is worst than the one the FG is playing on the citizenry?If the maga is not willing to pay,there wont be biz !
why and how would someone fall for those cheap stories if he/she himself is not a cheat/crook?

i get your point, but in the end they will categorize the whole of nigeria as a nation full of scammers, and we know thats not true, but we cant prove that!!!!!! cos of the evil deeds of scammers

sima:

wow i'm so disgusted by that video clip embarassed
God help us. . .

as in i marvel at the kind of stories cooked up!!!! its crazy
Re: Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! by kiwi992(m): 3:02pm On Sep 24, 2008
Hi All,

I can't see how anybody could fall for such a scam unless the one is greedy.  Greed is what makes a scammer as well as a victim.

Shame on all those scammers that have brought a national disgrace to Nigeria from around the world.  Other African countries have also got on the bandwagon following Nigeria's example.

I would say to those scam victims that it bloody well serves you right for being so greedy.  Why on earth would you wish to share in the 'millions of dollars' that belongs to someone else?  Why?  You are just as guilty as the scammers.  You and the scammers are the lowest of the low, to say the least, hence you fell for it.

I really wish that the Nigerian government would seriously tackle this persisitent problem.  It's carried on for so many years, yet, nothing has been done about it to actively eradicate it.

kiwi992.
Re: Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! by ssRhino: 3:25pm On Sep 24, 2008
hahahahahahaha
This is hillarious, see the guy that was caught red-handed and he now sounds like a man that cant even harm a fly.
So sad, that they have dragged the name of Nija in the mud oh.
You cant even walk around and say u be Nija man, without pple thinkjing you are one of the bad pple.
Re: Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! by landis(m): 3:40pm On Sep 24, 2008
only a GREEDY person will give money to wash 'black paper money'

only a GREEDY person will expect millions from 'uknown' dead family member.

Yes, they should employ these 'Nigerian Con Artists to get as much GREEDY WESTERNERS to come Nigeria.

Such WESTERNERS should be tried for supporting stealing money from poor Africans and thrown into prison for 20yrs.

The WESTERNERS will stop responding to such nonsense.
Re: Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! by tosinadeda: 3:47pm On Sep 24, 2008
$$Rhino:

hahahahahahaha
This is hillarious, see the guy that was caught red-handed and he now sounds like a man that can't even harm a fly.
So sad, that they have dragged the name of Nija in the mud oh.
You can't even walk around and say u be Nija man, without people thinkjing you are one of the bad people.

thats the major problem, every nigerian is seen as a scammer
Re: Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! by ssRhino: 4:00pm On Sep 24, 2008
Although, i tell them off, but while speaking with nigerians, i let them know that they are the reason why we are not respected.
The man said in da news, that some young men dont wanna work, and i asked the question, where is the work, he said, many dont wanna go to school, and i asked, where is the money to pay the tuition.
He said, they have been arresting pple and i wonder, where are all the senators and HOR that have collected bribe, how come obj is still seeing as a messaih and not in jail, or lemme think, sorry i just remember there is one law for the mighty and movers of Nija, and we have different one for you and me.
Although, no matter how good nija is, bad will still be bad.
America is aiiight, and yet they ave nigerians and italian scammers.
Re: Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! by bilymuse: 4:14pm On Sep 24, 2008
Na today?
why and how would someone fall for those cheap stories if he/she himself is not a cheat/crook?

FG is the biggest 419 in Nigeria
Re: Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! by QueenAnais(f): 4:15pm On Sep 24, 2008
Even some ppl will meet naija on campus and will right away assume that they are there to scam other students,

It's a very bad image that those scammers bring to nigeria and nigerians, and some of them are very proud of what they do, proud of their "business" and will brag about it in public!!

What shocked me is how religious those people are, or pretend to be, they go to church, carry a bible around and say they fear God!!!I guess they have to pray more than other to ask for forgiveness and protection,

A thief's days are counted,
Re: Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! by MadMax1(f): 4:26pm On Sep 24, 2008
Hm!
Re: Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! by bilymuse: 4:45pm On Sep 24, 2008
@ poster
Now this is what i call National disgrace
http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2935397

Finally watched the clip, its sad, sad , sad , sad.
though we knew things like this were happening, to see it been exposed in front of a world press is devastating
Re: Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! by Kobojunkie: 4:46pm On Sep 24, 2008
ROFLMAO!!! Nigeria is considered the most religious country and it is almost up there as one of the most corrupt. That there tells you of the religion practiced here. I have to say seeing so many 419ers in church on Sunday makes me wonder why God does not strike them all down during the week so they stop showing up on Sundays.

I have met a few who openly speak to you of God in one sentence but tell you of how they are going to make millions through one “DEAL” or the other in the next. I have a friend tell me how he wants to go into politics in Nigeria and is ready to bribe his way up. Made me cringe! Trust me and my self-righteous self, I have been preaching repentance to the dude since than… ROFLMAO!!
Re: Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! by bilymuse: 5:20pm On Sep 24, 2008
Is there a Nigerian , who does not know a fellow Nigerian who is a 419?
lm very sure even our president knows a Nigerian who is a 419
Re: Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! by landis(m): 5:25pm On Sep 24, 2008
Even some people will meet naija on campus and will right away assume that they are there to scam other students,

so why dont you look at those people as one of the guys helping tp steal african's money??

The point is our PRESS are sleeping.

There is always two sides to a coin.
Re: Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! by sima(f): 7:26pm On Sep 24, 2008
but why did dat osufia guy sing dat kinda song nw. . . .
Re: Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! by ikeyman00(m): 7:43pm On Sep 24, 2008
the issue here is some people just dnt get it. Here in Uk the police understand there are small drug dealer and at the same time there is a big fish drug dealer, now which one of those would u spend your limited resources on? eh.

me personally dnt give a monkey about them scammers out there, but if you are a Nigerian for real i think one should be more of concern on the 419s that goes under at federal government level.

everyday u read Nigerian news 2billion 1000, this that gone missing. everyday for damn sake, oh efcc investigating this and that with no outcome.e

edo state government just last week claimed they are looking for some contractor that made away with #1.5 billion? clever init?
Re: Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! by Angelheart: 7:51pm On Sep 24, 2008
This nonsense has been going on for years now and if any idiot falls for this, I must sa they deserve it! But damn, Nigerians scammers are wicked!!
Re: Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! by bilymuse: 7:55pm On Sep 24, 2008
but why did that osufia guy sing that kind of song nw. . . .

l dont think he realise the implication of the song
Re: Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! by ikeyman00(m): 7:59pm On Sep 24, 2008
Nigerian politicians are sons of devil
Re: Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! by sima(f): 9:15pm On Sep 24, 2008
n' one of d most akward part is . . . when dey finish catchin dem red handed, den dey become soo meek n' luk sori
it's reli annoyin  angry. . . n' am sure most of dem will repeat d same thing. .
Re: Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! by tosinadeda: 9:16pm On Sep 24, 2008
osuofia really messed up big time! do this artistes really think the whites are dumd? first you scam them and as if thats not enuf you sing about it again?
idoits!!!!!
Re: Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! by sima(f): 9:18pm On Sep 24, 2008
maybe dey think d whites will never come across d music. . . . .it's not as if dey listen 2 Nigerian music
same as that yahoozee music. . . .i wonder when this will stop
Re: Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! by manmustwac(m): 9:48pm On Sep 24, 2008
man must eat, man must survive, man must wack! grin
Re: Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! by sima(f): 9:49pm On Sep 24, 2008
so what are u tryin 2 say?. . grin
Re: Scammers Pls Lay Low Abeg! Innocent Ones Suffer Cos Of U! by Kobojunkie: 10:14pm On Sep 24, 2008
tosinadeda:

osuofia really messed up big time! do this artistes really think the whites are dumd? first you scam them and as if thats not enough you sing about it again?
idoits!!!!!

ROFLMAO!!!

For those who are not aware, We live in a digital age of information. People of all skin types want to know more about others and so they are bound to uncover these songs. Heck, they are all uploaded to Youtube by Nigerians. Did they not expect them to be seen?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pregnant Briton/nigerian Drug Pusher Sentenced To Life / Positive Tribalism / Dr. Goodluck Jonathan's Nickname

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.