Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,709 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Lies Our Parents Told Us! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lies Our Parents Told Us! (2019 Views)

Some "Lies" Our Parents Used To Tell Us / What Is The Most Hurtful Thing Yr Parents Told You Out Of Anger? / Fairy Tales Our Grand Parents Told Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lies Our Parents Told Us! by Ciaralover(f): 11:39pm On Jul 10, 2006
While growing up there were some things our parents told us to make us feel better and more!! But share some things yall parents told u while growing up!!

Here is mine!!

Do u know how sometimes u need to Pupu or Toilet but u go to the bathroom and it takes like 5 hours for the Pupu to come down, well sometimes that happens to me and each time i try  to force it down my mom always said that my whole Butt will fall down and go in the toilet!!Well now at the age of 16 and while in the process of getting older i startted to realize that is was a cold blooded lie, but i was small so i had no choice but to believe it!!

Whats yours!!
God is love so is me!!
Holla back at ya girl!!!
Re: Lies Our Parents Told Us! by edygirl(f): 11:48pm On Jul 10, 2006
Well she didn't lie to you though.  You must have been having constipation and the more you force it the more you are prone to having Hemorrhoid. So girl don't force and try to eat more of foods that have fiber also vegetables and fruits and drink more water too.
Re: Lies Our Parents Told Us! by edygirl(f): 11:50pm On Jul 10, 2006
My parents did not lie to me but my Grandma did once to make me feel good when I was mad.
Re: Lies Our Parents Told Us! by Ciaralover(f): 12:31am On Jul 11, 2006
na girl u dont understand, i was eating odinary liberian bood, which is rice and cassava leaf and sometimes it also happen when i dont eat something bad!!Dont tell me it has not happen to u bfore!!

what did yall granny tell u to make u feel better!!
Re: Lies Our Parents Told Us! by ddizzle(f): 1:32am On Jul 11, 2006
my parents lied that they all got A's and Came 1st in class yeah and who came last then lol parents sha!
Re: Lies Our Parents Told Us! by kimba(m): 4:57am On Jul 11, 2006
yes o @ddizzle,

as far as parents are concerned, all of them came first from Primary to University. Worse is if they got some scholarship to study abroad, everything don scatter be that. All of them graduated in flying colours, its only that the pictures are not to many for verification purposes.

and there is usually that difficult subject that all parents passed through, and they had to burn the candle, go on reading for like 3 whole days, including fasting and praying, which they finally passed, and 'came out in flying colors', while all the other students in the class failed.
Re: Lies Our Parents Told Us! by ddizzle(f): 5:57am On Jul 11, 2006
abi oh, lol
Re: Lies Our Parents Told Us! by aloib(f): 6:04am On Jul 11, 2006
lmao, alot,

my mum said if i swallowed seeds, a tree would grow in my stomach
my mum told me a story that there was this gurl whose name was apple that her mum always told her to lok for things and she always never found them so one day a witch was passingt by and heard the woman complaing of the daughter so the witch made the gurl ave so many eyes so she could see things well , that thats why pineaple has lots of eyes, men i was liek 4 then i believed it o, i would serach the whole house if anybody told me to look for somethn.
Re: Lies Our Parents Told Us! by ddizzle(f): 6:06am On Jul 11, 2006
lol aloib im LMAO

What about my mum shes yoruba and she told me to look for Arodan (this is a fictional place oh!) and i swear it took me 3 days going around my estate to learn that Arodan doesnt exist gosh! i was so pissed bt wat could i do! she did get me lol
Re: Lies Our Parents Told Us! by bluenubian(f): 7:39am On Jul 11, 2006
i asked my mom why people have gray hair, she said it was from drinking too much garri, i figured later that she was trying to stop us from drinking too much garri.
Re: Lies Our Parents Told Us! by Busta(f): 2:38pm On Jul 11, 2006
lol, a lot of em like:

- My dad was always the person who takes the first position in his class when he was my age, neva second but always first position

- how they worked 50KM to go fetch water everyday and neca had sore feets

- how he was the bravest guy in the neighbourhood while growing up

Who dad here always came first as well
Re: Lies Our Parents Told Us! by aloib(f): 2:48pm On Jul 11, 2006
lol, same here one day i checked his waec results, the bobo ahd like two ps, i was like seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee oldo, was hella funny
Re: Lies Our Parents Told Us! by dollypee1(f): 6:11am On Jul 12, 2006
my great grand mum actually told me this,i was gonna get pregnant if a man touches me when when havin my period,was 17 or there about before i knew d truth.
Re: Lies Our Parents Told Us! by Hotstepper(f): 4:56pm On Jul 14, 2006
hahah, I thought it was only myy parents that said sumthing about coming first all da time esp. my mom. This is funny.

I can remember one incident, I was still in primary school and my 4 elder bros. who were in sec. skool (federal) amd all boards too. Well soem family friends will drop them home and obviously with their parents and they all went to different skools so which means more parents coming, lol. My mo would asked my bros. wat they came and they will tell her. Immediately, she would say " when I was in school. I alwayz come first etc" and it happened that the parents of my familyfriends has been saying same 2 dem so immediately as if sum1 said I-2 READY GO, all of dem said " IF YOU ALL CAME FIRST, THEN WHO CAME SECOND AND DA REST" as time went on, I figured they said so to make us work harder, lol

Men there r alot ohhhhhhhhh tongue
Re: Lies Our Parents Told Us! by mamaput(f): 8:59am On Jul 15, 2006
My Dad also said he always came first.
It was true .But only in Maths and science subjects
Re: Lies Our Parents Told Us! by dominique(f): 3:15pm On Jul 15, 2006
My mum didnt like me running around in my underwear so she told me dat people on tv can see me and they are laughing at me, and i believed that! Can you imagine
Re: Lies Our Parents Told Us! by edygirl(f): 3:01am On Jul 17, 2006
That was funny. grin grin
Re: Lies Our Parents Told Us! by edygirl(f): 3:11am On Jul 17, 2006
There was a day I did something though I have forgotten and grandma(RIP) was chasing me while I was running. She told me to stop running but I said no so you could hit me and she kept chasing me till she fell. I was so scared so I started crying and went to help pick her up. I was 13 yrs old then. When she got up, she told me I wasn't gon' poop for three days mehn I was like why? She said I made her fall. I was so scared cuz my mum already told me don't you ever do sth that would make mama curse you. I was so scared I couldn't tell my mum and I kept going to the toilet and nothing was coming out maybe due to anxiety and fear in me later on that night after eating Yam and beans I just went had me a bowel movement and after I went to grandma and told her It didn't work for you wooooo!. I knew she didn't remember why I was doing wooooo! to her butI didn't tell her. It was later that I told my mum that grandma lied to me and she asked me how and I told her and everybody kept laughing that day.
Re: Lies Our Parents Told Us! by sweetberry(f): 1:47am On Aug 12, 2006
well when we wuz young we(my sis & i) were really scared of dem pple dat cover dere faces wit black scarf(religion) & my mum will say if we go near a penis we will ve 2 live wit one of em 4ever.

i use 2 ve a  boyfriend sumtyme ago & my mum totally lied dat i was related 2 him her exact world '' u cn't keep on goin out wit kaydrian cos he is ur very very distant relation
my mum has told sum bare lies but 4 my own gud innit.
Re: Lies Our Parents Told Us! by iice(f): 7:14am On Aug 12, 2006
aloib:

my mum said if i swallowed seeds, a tree would grow in my stomach
my mum told me a story that there was this girl whose name was apple that her mum always told her to lok for things and she always never found them so one day a witch was passingt by and heard the woman complaing of the daughter so the witch made the girl ave so many eyes so she could see things well , that thats why pineaple has lots of eyes, men i was liek 4 then i believed it o, i would serach the whole house if anybody told me to look for somethn.
Sis my mama tell me that one too LMAO, she told me a couple of other lies
Re: Lies Our Parents Told Us! by aloib(f): 9:20am On Aug 12, 2006
SISN be like say na filipino story, lol
Re: Lies Our Parents Told Us! by iice(f): 7:18am On Aug 14, 2006
For real o lol
Re: Lies Our Parents Told Us! by sweetnini(f): 9:16am On Aug 14, 2006
i dont remember any lies my parents told
but i remember my sis telling my if i swallowed seed it'll grow in my tummy and come out thru my mouth
Re: Lies Our Parents Told Us! by Free(f): 7:10pm On Aug 25, 2006
@sweetnini
lol gurl we have the same thing

i was told that lie toooo grin grin grin grin
Re: Lies Our Parents Told Us! by Ryley(m): 4:55pm On Feb 01, 2007
smileyWhen I was younger my mom used to tell us that if your tooth fell out, and you put it under your pillow, the tooth fairy would come at night to get it and leave you something. Every time I did this, I would wake up the next day to find two very shiny 50kobo coins under my pillow. After reading Enid Blyton novels where fairies and pixies dealt in cupcakes and chocolate, I began to wonder, what kind of fairy would be dealing in Naira and kobo?
Re: Lies Our Parents Told Us! by syren: 5:03pm On Aug 09, 2008
I remember when I learnt how to cross my eyes and would do it continuosly, well my mum obviously didn't like it so she told me I could end up like that permanently If I carried on. She even took the time to make up a story about one girl she knew it happened to. But after a while I asked her to tell me the story again and she had no idea what I was talking about. I stopped doing it anyway so it worked I guess.
Re: Lies Our Parents Told Us! by menix(m): 3:18pm On Aug 13, 2008
My dad being muscular would tell me then how he allowed trouble makers to start punching him without blocking but once he goes offensive hospital is ur next base.

Was so brilliant dat if not d Civil war he would ve been among d leaders of our country.

Infact i don dey plan my own lie self. My children will be so happy to hear i ve visited the moon.
Re: Lies Our Parents Told Us! by spikedcylinder: 3:50pm On Aug 13, 2008
My mum used to tell me to look long and hard at the moon. And then she would trick me into believing people are moving around there. Then she would say those people are her parents.
When my stomach makes gurgling noises, she would say the footballers in my tummy just scored a goal.
She used to tell me the story of a carless girl who was once ironing. She was so careless that when the phone rang, she put the iron to her ear instead of the phone. Moral lesson? Do not go anywhere near the iron. Lol!
When I asked her why my dad hates Ibo people she said it was because one of his great aunts ran off into the bush and mated with gorillas. Hence the creation of the ibos. Tacky, I know.
When I was a teenager, anytime I see large sums of money in her bag and I ask her to give me some, she will either say her brother in law kept it with her or it is "community" money. Kai!
When I asked her the "where do babies come from" question. She said an angel kicked me out of heaven because I asked too many questions!

My momma. . . .  grin grin
Re: Lies Our Parents Told Us! by k0nFUsi0n: 5:31pm On Aug 13, 2008
Hmmm. You seem to have taken over your mum's "annointing". I remember that when you mentioned that last sentence to me sometimes last month when we just gisting, you said it she claimed it was the devil that kicked you out. Now, it has become an angel!
Re: Lies Our Parents Told Us! by TPS360: 8:56am On Aug 14, 2008
santa clause, dam! I grew up with white folks in nigeria(germans/phillipino's and british), 24th of dec was so special that we all bought new pair of socks just to get the best from santa clause.

My parents always woke me up around 5am every 25th of dec. to check my socks, guess what? santa gave me my heart desire, realized it was all lies when i was 14, now am the one behind it, filling kids socks with gifts. , lol
Re: Lies Our Parents Told Us! by spikedcylinder: 9:02am On Aug 14, 2008
k0nFUsi0n:

Hmmm. You seem to have taken over your mum's "annointing". I remember that when you mentioned that last sentence to me sometimes last month when we just gisting, you said it she claimed it was the devil that kicked you out. Now, it has become an angel!

Errrm. . . .do I know you?

(1) (Reply)

Don't Assume Too Much: I Have A Drinking Problem! / Types Of Maturity In Marriage / Her Husband Claimed She Was Not GOD' S Will

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.