Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,920 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC (15677 Views)

Kokori, N-delta APC Leaders Stoking My Row With EFCC —tompolo / Paul Arkwright Visits Dangote, Tinubu & Mike Adenuga In Lagos. Photos / Saraki’s Messy Trouble With Buhari - Sun NewsOnline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by lewa(m): 5:31am On Jul 11, 2006
Seems as if Mike don go do wetin hin no suppose do? I hear say Ribadu don finally pick am up.Na wa for Naija oh. Abeg who sabi wetin Mikey do, tell us.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by ababoy1(m): 7:37am On Jul 11, 2006
RENOWNED businessman, Mike Adenuga, has been arrested by operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). He was said to have been taken away from his Victoria Island, Lagos home on Sunday and flown to Abuja where he was still being held last night for yet unspecified reasons.
http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/news/article03/110706

The Economic and Finan-cial Crimes Commission (EFCC), arrested yesterday business mogul, Otunba Mike Adenuga, as part of ongoing investigations into the activities of the Petroleum Equalisation Fund (PEF).
http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=52837
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Chxta(m): 10:41am On Jul 11, 2006
Interesting innit?
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by otokx(m): 1:39pm On Jul 11, 2006
It was inevitable, his perceived friendship with IBB and Atiku might finally ruin his business.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by DeepSoul(f): 3:59pm On Jul 11, 2006
He didnt provide money to fund the third term bid like he did the Presidential project. Eh yah. Not like I'm exactly sorry for him
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Odeku(m): 4:05pm On Jul 11, 2006
If this man is guilty of any money scandal let him burn in jail, Nigerians need to stop empathizing with criminals , money laundry bastards, and jail them

1 Like

Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by DeepSoul(f): 4:15pm On Jul 11, 2006
He's guilty quite alright but so are a lot of others including the ones who authorized the arrest!

If Nigerians empathise, it's because of that and because he would never have been found out if he has stayed in their good books. The motive(s) for the arrest are very questionable.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Seun(m): 5:21pm On Jul 11, 2006
Dr. Mike Adenuga hasn't done anything to attract unfair persecution from the current government. In fact, he has been an ardent supporter of President Obasanjo. I guess this means the EFCC is impartial in the discharge of its duties?
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by ono(m): 5:28pm On Jul 11, 2006
But Mike has invested in businesses that has helped several ''no future'' people in Nigeria to come out with a future. No doubt he got his money via pot bellied and dirty people (IBB and ATIKU), but he at least has done something worthwhile with his (their) loot. Why go against him? And OBJ who sent his dogs (EFCC) after this man is as corrupt as the three thieves put together.

Like I've always said, OBJ's time will come. I will not be suprised if he's sent to Yola prisons again after his stay at Aso Rock (post 2007). And what a scene that will create in the minds of many? I bet it will be worse than what Zidane earned by headbutting the Italian player (Materazzi).

Now, that said, you will all agree with me that getting wealth or riches via dubious means will definitely land one in trouble. It's the fact of this life. All these people: OBJ, IBB, Atiku, Abacha, Abdulsalami, Adenuga etc etc one way or the other have lined their pockets via ill gotten wealth. Do you think they will enjoy their sleep like you and I do?

No matter how you look at it, the cries of the Niger delta people over their oppression, and degrading treatment in their lands has reached up to the heavens. The thieves reaping where they did not sow should be ready to face the evil that will befall them.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Rottweiler(m): 5:38pm On Jul 11, 2006
Let the fight against corruption/economic crimes be TOTAL. It should not be selective. I don't care who is arrested as long as the government exhibits sincerity in its actions. IBB is there. Nobody is asking about the gulf war wind fall. Tony Anenih is there, no one is asking him about the billions of Naira that went into road construction that people never saw. Olabode George and the NPA investigation and re-investigation. The Anambra saga: looting of the treasury. Kidnapping of a sitting governor. Stealing of billions by Tafa Balogun (former IG of Police) and the few weeks in prison before regaining freedom. Nothing can be achieved with this selective approach!
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by lewa(m): 5:39pm On Jul 11, 2006
Someone once said show me a fortune and i will show you a crime.At least Mike has employed
thousands and his companies have given hope to millions.Not that i am defending him or anything and
also at the same time we should stop the pervading culture of corruption in Nigeria.Afterall, if Nigeria was ok.
i would be home contributing my quota instead of slaving for some peoples pension here and once in a while
being reminded of being a foreigner
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Falciparum(m): 5:46pm On Jul 11, 2006
Guilt is guilt no matter what he uses jis wealth for his legacy would remain no doubt but his wrongdoings must be punished i always neww EFCC wasn't biased other like him should be pulled down peole like Rochas. Who knows where he got his money from? he comes back showers the money on the less priviledge just to get the presidency and replenish his pocket in a large way. Nigeria is a baby in Democracy we'll definately grow i see a bright future and its comming Fast
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by IykeD1(m): 5:57pm On Jul 11, 2006
Here we go again, people can't wait to get more facts and already Obasanjo is being accused
of sending his dogs (EFCC) after Adenuga inspite of the fact, that Adenuga himself has enjoyed
a cosy relationship with the present administration.

What's the latest lame excuse now, let's see, Adenuga did not openly support Obansajo's 3rd
term project, so its payback time. No, Adengua wants IBB or Atiku to succeed Obasanjo, hence
he is being taught a lesson. Oh, I am even waiting for someone to link Transcorp to Adenuga's
predicament, maybe they want to teach him a lesson for daring to even bid on NITEL, bla bla bla.

This is just too elementary - the Nigerian press is even worse with their rumours passing as facts.
Lets wait to see what EFCC has to say about this development before accusing Obasanjo for being
behind every arrest that occurs in Nigeria. Hopefully Adenuga will be cleared if EFCC finds nothing
on him. I believe Jimoh Ibrahim had some dealings with EFCC a couple of months ago, he is still a
free man going about his business!
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by babadee(m): 6:04pm On Jul 11, 2006
Mike Adenuga's sins are probably catching up with him because come to think of it, this guy just came from nowhere( at least i dont know anybody who had heard about him before 1998/99) with billions and started buying up everywhere and everything with claims thats he got the money from his foreign investments, i always knew he had a case though i'll just wait and see what efcc has to say.

1 Like

Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by babadee(m): 6:11pm On Jul 11, 2006
@chxta
nice image, can you pls pls pls send it to me?
snooksville!yahoo.com
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Eurphoria(f): 6:15pm On Jul 11, 2006
Good hope many more follow , out wityh the bloody looters and bloodsucking pigs of Nigeria, enuf is enuf, haba
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Odeku(m): 6:20pm On Jul 11, 2006
Its so funny how people are quick to point the finger at Obj when any of this criminals are picked up, did Obj ask this crooks to be dubious?  Nigerians need to remember that if you steal from the poor people of Nigeria the law of Kama will catch up with you one way or the other
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by kitaun(m): 6:31pm On Jul 11, 2006
HE WHO COMES TO EQUITY COMES WITH CLEAN HANDS
HE WHO HE IS SAINTLY SHOULD CAST THE FIRST STONE
WHEN MARWA WAS ARRESTED AND INVESTIGATED THE OTHER TIME
WHAT WAS THE OUTCOME  

babadee,
for ur info babadee was a big boy before 98/99 so confirm ur facts first
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by kitaun(m): 6:35pm On Jul 11, 2006
babadee,
soy i meant to say that adenuga was a big boy before 98/99
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Oracle(m): 7:38pm On Jul 11, 2006
Whatever the case may, I hope he comes out of it clean.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Jurrel(f): 7:41pm On Jul 11, 2006
i definitely agree with ya Ono! even the bible gives us an understanding that wealth gotten by dubious means will Swiftly fly away, so i guess Mike Adenuga is only getting what was due,  so will others who are doing the same, its just a matter of time!!! undecided
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by krazysage(m): 7:48pm On Jul 11, 2006
selective or elective, whatever you guys choose to call it; at the end of the day he placed himself in a position to be prosecuted.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by dipotepede(m): 7:53pm On Jul 11, 2006
Dr. Mike Adenuga hasn't done anything to attract unfair persecution from the current government.  In fact, he has been an ardent supporter of President Obasanjo.  I guess this means the EFCC is impartial in the discharge of its duties?

How do we know if EFCC is partial or impartial?

We can not judge a person until we get the full details and after getting this, we still need to understand the motive,
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by justin04(m): 8:50pm On Jul 11, 2006
This is a start. When the likes of IBB and co. are being taken in for questioning, then I will know this commission is impartial. If Mike Adenuga committed fraud, then he should pay the price. Come to think of it, 95% of Nigerians in a position to embezell money will do so. Pls don't ask me how I come up with this percentage, I just know most Nigerians are corrupted.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by hotorokid(m): 9:04pm On Jul 11, 2006
most of you guys tend to crucify this man b4 the whole story is told!! lets wait and see what the whole story is,
After all he is not going to be the first or last person picked up by the EFCC,
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by emmie4j(m): 9:11pm On Jul 11, 2006
Ha collateral damage,,,,,,sorry mikey. I warned you grin
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by OldGlory1(m): 9:37pm On Jul 11, 2006
@Topic

I hope he gets the books thrown at him, and he get some good time if possible in an all American Jail, that has some Hot homosexuals. The man is a fool and treats his employees like commodities. He is a pig. I Fcuken hate the bastard! EFCC should keep him in a hot 6x9 cell with pure water and bread. Fcuken Prick. Tax Evasion is a crime and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. The rich continue to mask their money and expect government to ignore them. Mike Adenuga (Glo Nigeria) and Kenneth Lay(Enron) are birds of the same feather. The only difference is that Ken Lay is dead because he could not live to serve his time. Another Bastard escaped jail. But Mike Adenuga is still alive and we can get him.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by IykeD1(m): 9:54pm On Jul 11, 2006
Old Glory,

Whatever happened to the presumption of innocence until proven otherwise, at least as
espoused by the good ole USA?

Seems like you hate the guy guts. I am not much of a fan of his, but in a way I admire what
he has built with the "access" he has gotten over the years. I have heard people complain
about his style of management, but I certainly don't think he is a fool, because there is no way
a fool could have built the empire he has today.

The EFCC claim this was just a routine investigation. If he is found wanting, I am sure he will
cut a deal and get this behind him as fast as possible. If its tax evasion and it turns out to be
true, hope it sends a strong signal to other money bags in the country to pay their fair share
of taxes.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by OldGlory1(m): 10:19pm On Jul 11, 2006
Iyke D
Please save the sermon about Justice. Innocent before guilt my a$$. The bleeper is guilty of Tax Evasion and Money Laundering and Employee brutality. He has not created Jack in his life. He sat on IBB's Lap and things were handed down for him. If you are looking for people that have created $hit, look all over the USA. Microsoft: Bill Gates and Allen, Google: Brin and the other Kid, YouTube.com:Chen and the other Kid, Oracle: Larry Ellison and his CIA colleagues. I am not sure what Mike Adenuga created from his God Given ability. Infact i would dare say that 90% of his wealth is linked to stolen/Laundered money.

You know what, Bleep that MuthaFcuker. He is a prick. Built an Empire!! Huh Yeah right. What empire has he built? Glo,Consolidated Oil?and the Bank that Launders stolen money? Whatever. No wonder Nigeria is so Black and White.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by tianshie(m): 11:29pm On Jul 11, 2006
Old Glory I happen to know Bill Gates stole from his friend Steve Jobs.He belongs with the bad guys.

I wouldn't be surprised if Adenuga's heart has a false bottom.I always wondered where all the gazillions came from.
But I think he has performed better than the president at alleviating poverty.He has provided jobs for Nigerians and invested in the economy,someone like Dehinde Fernandez who is a gigazillionaire hasn't invested a kobo in our economy and dude made some cool cash from slapping backs with savimbi in the Angolan war angry

I'll leave you with the immortal words of Christ:
"Let He Without Sin Cast The First Stone".
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Mariory(m): 11:39pm On Jul 11, 2006
Give me a stone and I'll cast it. If he's invovled in corruption then he must face the music.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by IykeD1(m): 11:40pm On Jul 11, 2006
Old Glory,

I hear you. But by Nigerian Standards, Mike Adena built and occupies a business empire,
that is in-spite of the IBB connections and all. I have no facts to support what percentage of
his wealth came from stolen/laundered money - is it 5%, 20%, 50%, or 90%?

Since we use American businesses and businessmen as the litmus test for almost everything,
I dare say that with the exceptions of the IT entrepreneurs, there is almost always a great
crime behind the great wealth of those listed in Forbes Magazine or some of the old money
families in the US.

I am not sure what my comment has to do with Nigeria being so black and white, I don't
see anything I have said thus far that can be equated to a defense of Adena. Is he being
investigated for his past association with IBB or for a possible tax evasion/money laundering
in relation to Conoil/ET/Glo activities?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Wins Majority Seats In Zamfara Assembly. PDP 17, APC 7 / Accept Defeat And Lick Your Wound, APC Knocks Atiku / Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.