Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,809 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC (15680 Views)

Kokori, N-delta APC Leaders Stoking My Row With EFCC —tompolo / Paul Arkwright Visits Dangote, Tinubu & Mike Adenuga In Lagos. Photos / Saraki’s Messy Trouble With Buhari - Sun NewsOnline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by OldGlory1(m): 9:41pm On Jul 13, 2006
Nothing is going to unfold. He is a bum, and that is my word.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by tianshie(m): 1:07am On Jul 14, 2006
@ oldglory
Visiting Nigeria isn't exactly the same thing as living in Nigeria.Go figure.
You must have been frothing at the mouth when you claimed I said Adenuga was my hero.I never said that.

Now as to your claim about America being a sociologist's utopia,I've got to laugh at that.
The IRS estimates that $190 billion in taxes is not paid annually. Movie producer Saul Zaentzwho stashed profits from One Flew Competition over the cuckoo's nest (lol) offshore. Joseph and Pamela Ross fled from a grand jury investigation in 1986 on Joseph's tax evasion on the government contracts that made his fortune.

Jesse Jackson's son was accused of mishandling funds belonging to an organisation he headed,to the best of my knowledge he was never charged.
William Jefferson is a crook in the senate.
For God's sake Bush stole an election!

What America are you talking about??
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Jakumo(m): 1:55pm On Jul 14, 2006
By many accounts, Joe Kennedy Sr.,  billionaire patriarch of the Kennedy "Camelot" dynasty from whence rose President J.F. Kennedy, made much of his initial fortune in the 1930's running illegal alcohol bootleg operations during America's prohibition era.  Without backing from the fortune thus created by criminal enterprise, it is doubtful that JFK would ever have had the financial clout to run for and ascend to the office of US president.  Today, many still revere JFK as one of America's greatest presidents, notwithstanding the fact that his tenure in office was truncated by an assassins bullet in Dallas, and despite the fact that JFK's late father made much of his colossal fortune as an outlaw.   

At some point between the time when Mike Adenuga was a struggling Nigerian taxi driver in the US and the time when he could afford to place and forfeit a 20 million dollar non-refundable deposit for a license to operate a cellular phone network in Nigeria, Mr. Adenuga was faced with the existential choice of becoming obscenely rich overnight or passing up the chance to do so and living out the rest of his life in obscurity.  Mr. Adenuga obviously chose wealth by a means that is from a legal standpoint analogous to the path taken a generation earlier by Joe Kennedy Sr several time-zones away from Africa.

Decades from now few will remember nor care how exactly it was that Mike Adenuga or even IBB became rich men.  It is what those men do with that wealth that will be the primary determinant of history's judgement, and for now the Adenuga name is synonymous with Globalcom, one of the handful of telecommunications giants that created thousands of new jobs and finally liberated Nigeria from the tyranny of the old guard telecom monopoly that kept Nigerian phone lines effectively dead for decades.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by OldGlory1(m): 2:14pm On Jul 14, 2006
Tianshie

The IRS collected over 2.5Trillion Dollars in tax revenue last year alone. Now the IRS routinely and i must emphasize "Routinely" makes errors in claims of unpaid taxes. I would argue that they collect more than they should and always claim a net shortfall. But that is an argument for another day. The people you mentioned, either "Fled,were indicted, or acquitted". The Law works, and you my friend said so yourself. I have "LIVED" in Nigeria and i understand how people get away with everything. Taxes or the IRS in the USA is not the branch of government you want to mess with in the US, ask anybody. The IRS will milk your life drive and throw you in Jail. Adenuga can still be your Hero.

And Tianshie there is no William Jefferson in the US Senate. Are you now making things up? Bush stole the election? Is that your Opinion or a Fact? Whatever! Gore V Bush has been settled in a court of law, move on.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Akolawole(m): 4:46pm On Jul 14, 2006
@OldGlory

A bit of offtopic

We are waiting for you here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-17560.0.html

@Everyone

Carry on with your Adenuga story
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by bjdon: 8:15pm On Jul 14, 2006
All this is just more of OBJ's attempts to intemidate IBB but it won't work. Like it or not IBB will be president come 2007 and then it'll be payback time for all OBJ's sins and transgrestions of the last 8 years
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by otokx(m): 8:31pm On Jul 14, 2006
One thing we all agree is that Mike Adenuga has had a postive economic impact on the nigerian society; whether he is a friend of IBB or OBJ. Having IBB as a president come 2007 might not be a bad idea.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by kenway(m): 9:06pm On Jul 14, 2006
As you can see in today's headlines the EFCC had nothing on him, the is totally innocent, the real people The Toothless bulldogs in the EFCC should be going after are in Government. Period
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by lewa(m): 9:37pm On Jul 14, 2006
Who says they have nothing on him. The guy had refused to honour previous invitations to clarify some issues.
I remember reading somewhere that the matter involved international dealings. Besides i happen to know that EFCC
has rounded up many fraudsters and drug barons from the steets Also many failed bank boys are still cooling their heels in R ibadu guest house.Its thoughtless to accuse them of inertia or being toothless.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by stanech: 10:13pm On Jul 14, 2006
For Gods sake is he the only one that the EFCC has invited. This is a body set up by the presidency to investigate financial crimes and Adenuga is not in anyway above the law. He was only called for questioning and everybody is just saying rubbish. If the guy did not want to respond well or has any skeleton in his cupboard, He should be trown to jail for all I care. Even the ibb self all of them na thief lipsrsealed
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by dhunter(m): 10:45pm On Jul 14, 2006
Lord have mercy on Big Mikey's soul, afterall, he's been enjoying his kudi without asking me to come chop. tongue
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Ukpekeson(m): 4:34am On Jul 15, 2006
I sorry 4 uncle Mike , EFCC pls take it easy cos i never get job cry
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by tianshie(m): 1:18pm On Jul 15, 2006
@oldglory
Here we go again! It's 'Live' not 'Lived'.Any slowpoke can say what you just said about Nigeria without ever visiting by reading Chinua Achebe's 'The trouble with Nigeria'.You probably have a copy.
However to put your finger on the pulse,You must live in Nigeria,experience these things yourself,not the second hand vicarious thrill the net and CNN provide.

And about what you said about the IRS.Here you fail to see the wood for the trees,I simply wanted to refute the statement that nobody steals in America as you claimed in the last but one reply.I hope the penny drops.

Thanks for correcting my mistake on William Jefferson.He is actually a corrupt congressman.

Finally about Bush's selection, oops,delete the 's'.Maybe you can tell me why Tom Delay mobilised about two hundred republican staffers and dispatched them to miami where they swarmed the county office where the recount was underway,created an unruly,boisterous and disruptive atmosphere such that the local election canvassing board decided to cease the recount.Delay was House Republican whip at the time. Why didn't Republicans want the recount to proceed?

It's disgusting to see you playing goody two shoes just because you want to look good in an argument.Every retard born before the year 2000 knows Bush got help and for your information Al Gore who was groomed all his life for the presidency,only agreed not to pursue the matter any further in order to save The U.S. face.The court decision settled nothing.It was Al's call.

Adenuga is big enough for both of us to share tongue
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by dearie(m): 1:58pm On Jul 15, 2006
I dont understand what the hue and cry about Adenuga's arrest is all about. He's not a god, he's just a nigerain as most of us are, so if there are indications that he has soiled his hands, he should be made to face the music.

Why should we empathize with thieving 'big wigs' all because they've created jobs for some persons with our stolen money.

whether selective or not, the truth is, a guilty man is guilty, whether others are prosecuted or he's the only one prosecuted.

Besides he's still being investigated so lets not pre-empt the outcome of EFCC's probe.

Nemesis will catch up everyone that has aided in plunging Nigeria to this economic doldrum that we are stuggling to be free from.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Akolawole(m): 2:44pm On Jul 15, 2006
Who is he to be refusing invitation for months?

Please read: http://odili.net/news/source/2006/jul/14/200.html
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:08pm On Jul 15, 2006
just because he has done good for the nation dosent mean he is above the law if he did someting wrong.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Orikinla(m): 3:25pm On Jul 15, 2006
First and foremost, I commend everyone who has read and posted a reply. I am proud of my fellow men on Nairaland.
But did anyone notice that most of the gabby women on Nairaland have been missing here?

Whenever we are discussing serious issues of great importance to Nigeria, these garrulous younger women and older women contribute little or nothing. But once you start a thread on how to finger a girl or would you go out with an older man, they would be all over the discussion boards and even those who claim to be "virgins" can tell you the best size for a penis.

Now come and discuss about the harassment and embarrassment of billionaire Mike Adenuga, the Nairaland babes have gone AWOL. Why?

They don't want to be caught rubbishing their billionaire "Sugar Daddy" and his son Paddy, because they are direct or indirect beneficiaries of all the stolen public funds in Nigeria. And they don't want anyone to blow their cover.

Kudos to all you guys here for taking up the matter.

Mike Adenuga is not a saint.
But do we have any saint in Nigeria?

Is anyone ready to sponsor a revolution in Nigeria to bring all the corrupt public officials and their accomplices to justice?  

Until then, it is business as usual. And life goes on. Finis.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Chxta(m): 3:41pm On Jul 15, 2006
The timing of this whole scheisse was messed up. By the way, why hasn't EFCC invited Nasir for questioning over the BPE?
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by OldGlory1(m): 5:30pm On Jul 15, 2006
Tianshie

Conspiracy theories will not take you far. All this George Bush and Al Gore $hit, needs to stay in your brain. You are not going to change settled law. All the instances you mentioned recording thieves and corrupt personalities, were done within the perimeters/edges of the law. The lesson i am trying to teach you, is that no one is above the law. But i am convinced you live in a Vacuum, and it will too hard to get across to you.

Peace Out.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by tianshie(m): 6:47pm On Jul 15, 2006
@old glory
You shouldn't have had that frontal lobotomy,but I guess the surgeon had to buy a new car.
Are you saying,daffy duck,that these men stole legally?lol you're even dumber than I thought.

Of all the intransigent,dour,prissy mouthed nincompoops I've had the misfortune to encounter,you take the biscuit.

The only thing a poor,sedulous ape like you could teach is peeling bananas.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by OldGlory1(m): 8:20pm On Jul 15, 2006
Tianshie

Like i said you are very slow at thinking, and even slower at understanding your own words. Stay away from Conspiracy theories and stop believing everything you read on the internet. You can only think they way you do, because you mind is locked in your unfortunate environment. You are a slave to your method of reasoning. We are not thinking from the same "start line". Critical thinking will be highly recommended in your case.

If you could understand how to challenge yourself to think and ask deeper questions, you would go back and read your own examples and realized that every single example YOU mentioned was dealt with in a court of Law. You are really trying hard to be in my shoes, and wanting to bring me down to your childish level. I am better than that, and definitely better than you. You can have Mike Adenuga as your Hero, i am sure if i met you in person, you would also call me "Your Hero". A Fcuken follower, a man with no convictions, you need help quick. I would have pistol whipped you, if you said any of that nonsense to my face .And then give you an lecture on how the law works. Like i said you nitwit, no one is above the law. Son of a Mike Adenuga's LovePeddler.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by buchio7(m): 10:01am On Jul 16, 2006
[color=#990000]Though i share old glorys assessment of adenuga,i dare say he has done a lot in alleviating the joblessness of the nigerian unemployed.I was employed in glo for a while and was laid off without a reason on one bright thursday so believe me i am not trying to paint him golden but the fact remains that as of the last count adenuga is employing close to 4,500-5000 people encompassing(glo,e.t.b,conoil) which is admirable if you have gone down the streets of lagos on a weekday to see the number of unemployed praying for a breakthrough or have gone to a job aptitude test where there are only 20 openings advertised but see 3,000 people hoping , hoping!!! he is a crook believe me i know and have had the opportunity to sit around and see him function but there are families who have had it bad who are now trying to smile courtesy of his investments in nigeria.
[/color]
[img][/img]
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by adconline(m): 6:44am On Jul 18, 2006
I was just wondering if EFCC has got the power to arrest Mike Adenuga given the fact that his company was alleged to be have been in a sshadydeal with Petroleum Technology Development Fund without any concrete evidence.

Can EFCC do the same to Shell MD, AGIP MD, TOTAL MD, NB PLC MD, MTN MD and co?

Was there a warrant of arrest bfbeforee was arrested?

What's the work of Securities and Exchange Commision?

Microsoft was recently fined by European Commission and so were Citigroup, CSFB and Merrill Lynch for their various roles in Enron's saga. Their CEOs were not arrested. We need to set some precedents here. We need to have the facts before we can embarrass people.

Did EFCC think that Globacom's parters and financial lenders were not watching. Foreign investment cannot thrive in this kind of economy.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by Mariory(m): 11:36am On Jul 18, 2006
Microsoft being fined in an anti-trust case is not the same as a company being investigated for financial crimes. Doh
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by otokx(m): 12:54pm On Jul 18, 2006
there are levels of discrimination in every society on the planet end. Simply put Face dey fear Face. Shell MD is not equal to Glo MD unless of course if Glo MD is an American White.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by dotman(m): 12:27am On Jul 19, 2006
@oldglory.
u still dey brag dis topic.i think u are one of those blockhead who will never admit simple facts.
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by OldGlory1(m): 2:37pm On Jul 19, 2006
Dotman

It takes a complete blockhead to know one!
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by LoverBwoy(m): 4:38pm On Jul 19, 2006
Erm what's wrong with the EFCC investigating an individual?

when they took in MR Emeka, mr ola and mr ahmed for questioning; nobody raised an eyebrow, so whats the big deal with this dude if he has nothing to hide he will honour invitiations and clear what ever they have on him
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by buchio7(m): 4:51pm On Jul 19, 2006
jakumo u have contradicted urself already. u mentioned joe kennedy senior who ran illegal alcohol in d 30's but is remembered at least on dis forum 4 bootlegging and in d same way ibb and adenuga will always b remembered 4 dere ill-gotten wealth. my broda dat kind of money was not gotten from serious ,dedicated hardwork if u r to be honest wit urself. in as much he has done well for nigerians but dont let dat fool u into believing dat nigerians dont knw he is crooked
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by naijaflyer(m): 6:29pm On Jul 19, 2006
WOW!! I can't believe the underlying strain of envy that has been reflected in the greater part of this thread. And even when the situation that warranted Adenuga's invitation by EFCC was revealed (movements within the PTDF a/c in ETB. That's an operational issue BTW for which the Branch Manager/AGM/ED should be held), in typical Nigerian "witch-hunting" fashion, we go after a member of the board.
And here on Nairaland, in juvenile fashion, our arm-chair critics who delude themselves about the existence of an utopian and egalitarian society, now try to cloak their envy (because I can assure you that if they had access to the corridors of power the way he did, they'll commit far greater economic crimes) by stridently calling for his head.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of "Chairman/The Guru" as some of our mutual friends call him, and I personally have a lot of dirt on him that would stick, but let's not allow our emotions becloud logical reasoning.
People here have accused Adenuga of collaborating with past regimes in order to enrich he and his associates in the corridors of power. Well, you've just betrayed your lack of understanding of the way high-stakes business and politics is played the world over, especially in your "beloved United States" and our dynamic Nigeria (which is actually one of the easiest places in this world to have access to the corridors of power - I challenge you to show me anywhere else). At the risk of ruffling several feathers, you've revealed yourselves to be the kind of "middle-class drones" who display a self-righteous attitude about the situation in the land but never bestir themselves to actually do something about it, hoping that things would correct themself eventually. Yes, things do correct themselves, but only for those who pick up the gauntlet and rise up to the challenge. More often than not, they act only for their own preservation and self-interest. But I digress.
I would like @old glory to tell us which position Adenuga held in government that gave him access to state funds to loot? I would also like him to tell us where Adenuga was accused of money laundering and tax evasion. And as for his analogy about verizon, cingular etc crashing market tariffs, I can only smile at his lack of practical knowledge of the operating environment and state with all confidence that if they were here, they'll toe the same line with MTN and co. and believe you me, I've used these networks elsewhere(MTN in SA and Uganda) and I'm not charged as much. And that bit about holding the handset as a satellite receiver, was one exaggeration too many.
Abeg I don tire to take panadol for anoda man headache. I've got a Jet to go fly, and Buchio7, have u called Scunty?
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by OldGlory1(m): 6:53pm On Jul 19, 2006
Naijaflyer

U got me spinning!! Your made a point and immediately contradicted yourself twice in one post. If there is so much access to power in Nigeria, i am sure you would agree that "Your Guru/Chairman", had access to IBB. Listen his wealth is not a fluke, he does not need to hold office to steal tax payer money. All i am saying is that i Hate the MF, and he should act like any other regular folk and respond to EFCC summons. I blamed the "Government for N15 per minute calls". Dude if Verizon does not want my business, i go cingular,if cingular acts up, i head to T-mobile, then there is Nextel,Boost,SBC, Sprint, AT&T ETC. I have a choice and that is what you need. You get it ?
Re: Dr Mike Adenuga In Trouble With EFCC by buchio7(m): 7:17pm On Jul 19, 2006
na wah 4 u , ohhh!!!naijaflyer u rf really doing a bad job of defending d guy in short if na me b d guy i would fire u 10 times in a row.bros d fact of d mata be sey ade, stepped on d wrong toes who just happen to have concealed dirt about him unearthed. whether u postulate from now to nirvana he would not have dirt in his closet if he was clean and he wouldnt have been invited in such a style if he was clean.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osinbajo, El-rufai At Energy Event In London / Buhari Departs Nigeria For Equatorial Guinea (Photos) / State Of Flooded Makurdi Road This Morning (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.