Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

What Would A World Without Religion Look Like? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Would A World Without Religion Look Like? (701 Views)

5 Ways My Life Is Better Without Religion / Would We Be Better Off Without Religion? / A World Without Religion...better Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Would A World Without Religion Look Like? by smile11s(m): 8:59pm On Sep 24, 2008
Hello Everyone,

I have been trying to imagine how a world without religion will look like. If everyone believed in God, but no religion, it would have been better.

I have seen religion as a tool the rich designed and created in the past to create a wrong understanding about the society among us and deceptive teaches about eternal life.

Looking into religion history, people paid a lot of money to seek salvation and to book their place in heaven. So many of today's historical religious structures were built based on sold salvation.

My worries;

Why would people pay tights, arms and give offerings when they know all money goes to religion leader's pocket?

Why would people seek spiritual/heavenly solutions to their problems when they can work hard and solve their problems physically?

Why so many rich pastors with luxurious lifestyles, when their subjects/members ruin in poverty, offer their savings as offerings and pay money to buy salvation?

Why religion leaders partake in politics?

Why pastors and pastors alone own their church buildings and properties when it was built by church member's offerings?

Why religion contradicts itself, when they claim to worship one God?

Marxism said "religion is an opaque of the masses"

Religion has caused wars, conflicts and hatreds. It is preventing people from finding solutions to their problems; instead they spend years seeking spiritual solutions.

I believe in God, but i don’t believe in serving him through any religion

Mehn am confused.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Believers Loveworld: Sign Up Here / Should I Celebrate "easter" / Dreams And Prophets Of Doom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.