Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,686 members, 7,823,933 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (64509 Views)

Ayatul Kursi - The Ayah Of The Throne / Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 / Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Gwaine(m): 7:39pm On Jan 22, 2007
@mukina2,

Personally, I don't really feel that the basic reason why people post texts from the Hadith and the Qur'an is out of malice. Biblical verses have also been posted out of contexts and Christians have tried as best they could to defend the various concerns thereto.

Have you asked why no one has bothered to debate Hindus or people of other faiths as much as is going on between Christians and Muslims? Maybe here on Nairaland, links have been posted to show some very unacceptable practices in Islam. The Muslim leaders would like to have us quite, but will not be tolerant to other faiths. Why do such situations occur among most Muslims?
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by twinstaiye(m): 7:50pm On Jan 22, 2007
Then shall anyone who has done an atom"s weight of good, see it. And ayone who has done an atom"s weight of evil, shall see it (Qur"an 99 verses 7 & cool
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 7:51pm On Jan 22, 2007
fact is you guys spend half the time .trying to make Islam look bad . .

muslims accept what Islam says . .christians accept what christianity says

so because islam views non-muslims as infidels . does not mean that they are hated .
we all have our religious practices . .and we all abide by them

i wouldntv  say i am a fanatic . .no i am not .
we do what the Quran and the hadiths say . .most of this hadiths posted on some sites are just fake . .they are people like you . tryin to give Islam a bad name .
here on nairaland you all wait till topics for muslims are created then you start attacking . .the only thread without attack is the one where seun promised to ban anyone who attacks  . .
respect other religions as you respects yours .
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mrpataki(m): 8:00pm On Jan 22, 2007
mukina2:

fact is you guys spend half the time .trying to make Islam look bad . .

muslims accept what Islam says . .christians accept what christianity says

so because islam views non-muslims as infidels . does not mean that they are hated .
we all have our religious practices . .and we all abide by them

i wouldntv say i am a fanatic . .no i am not .
we do what the Quran and the hadiths say . .most of this hadiths posted on some sites are just fake . .they are people like you . tryin to give Islam a bad name .
here on nairaland you all wait till topics for muslims are created then you start attacking . .the only thread without attack is the one where seun promised to ban anyone who attacks . .

Sorry Mukina2, I will reason from another angle as to the quoted and highlighted statement of yours above.
Not only does your quran talk about infidels, it as well go a long way to state that they should be killed.

Now tell me when a supposedly "word of God" states that, should one not question such a religion. I weigh every of my actions and one of such is the idea as to kill a fellow human being like myself.

Agreed killing could be done as a error of the mind, but when a holy book begins to draw out commands as to such act repeatedly, I find it very callous, villainous, wicked, malicious, evil and the sorts.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 22, 2007
mukina2:

here on nairaland you all wait till topics for muslims are created then you start attacking . .the only thread without attack is the one where seun promised to ban anyone who attacks . .

Fake hadiths? Did someone manufacture the hadith or you're just shocked and cringeing in shame that such malevolence can be found in your religion? You'd do well to go and get a thorough understanding of that which you are quick to defend

Respect other religions? I wish i could say the same of muslims!
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 22, 2007
can I hear someone else call these hadiths fake?
I've heard them called weak hadiths by Olabs but fake?

well if that makes you feel better,let's call them fake.
Muki can you ask your Imam about them and tell me what he said.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 6:53pm On Jan 24, 2007
davidylan:

Fake hadiths? Did someone manufacture the hadith or you're just shocked and cringeing in shame that such malevolence can be found in your religion? You'd do well to go and get a thorough understanding of that which you are quick to defend

Respect other religions? I wish i could say the same of muslims!

yeah most of them are manufactured by haters like you tongue

xtians are always the first to violate Islam and when muslims reply they say we are not peaceful .
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by shahan(f): 7:31pm On Jan 24, 2007
@muki-babe,

Just for the records, are all the Hadiths quoted on Nairaland fake and propounded by "haters"?
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 9:50pm On Jan 24, 2007
shaitan grin

the ones quoted by all the haters are fake tongue

that why i never read thru them
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 12:50am On Jan 25, 2007
mukina2:

shaitan grin

that why i never read through them

If that makes you happy,let's keep it that way.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by shahan(f): 1:22am On Jan 25, 2007
mukina2:

shaitan grin
that why i never read through them

Doesn't sound like you read anyone though; and looks like the Hadiths themselves are fakes - which precisely proves that the religion they produced is a fraud.

Anyway, let's keep it that way. wink
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by diyobdw(f): 8:53am On Jan 25, 2007
still love my suratl Fatiah!
Gues we are back 2 d topic cool
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by muske(f): 3:33pm On Jan 25, 2007
Shahan,

Why are you hiding under the umbrella of Fabricated Hadith?

If you don’t have knowledge on Hadith, please go and learn and stop diverting topic. There are threads created for Muslims-Christians issue, go there and leave this thread.

Also maybe you don’t know that there are Soheeh and Daif Hadith with chains. Go and learn all these and stop wasting your time.

Do you know that in all fairness that most of these Hadith you have been supplying were rejected by scholars?

Imam Bukhari the collector of the narration lived in a period over 230 years after the death of the prophet. Out of the 600,000 Hadith (narrations) that he collected, which were initially attributed to the prophet, he threw out as fabrication 592,700 of them and kept only 7300 as being genuine.

They were further reduced to 2762 Hadith after repetition.

Yet, you christians seem to be living under the delusion that the 600,000 ahadith of Imam al-Bukhari's collection somehow means 600,000 separate narrations or bodies of text. His sloppy study of this issue becomes clear when one learns that a hadith is comprised of both a text (matn) and a chain of transmission (isnad).

Why not try to correct and attend to issues bothering christianity rather than diverting to a religion where you lack in-depth knowledge but relying on websites, authors and hearsay just like your copycat sister babyshin.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Aggressa(m): 7:26pm On Jan 25, 2007
muske:

Do you know that in all fairness that most of these Hadith you have been supplying were rejected by scholars?
Imam Bukhari the collector of the narration lived in a period over 230 years after the death of the prophet. Out of the 600,000 Hadith (narrations) that he collected, which were initially attributed to the prophet, he threw out as fabrication 592,700 of them and kept only 7300 as being genuine.
They were further reduced to 2762 Hadith after repetition.

@muskeke,
This is very anti-cerebral in your attempt to display 14th century islamic wisdom. If out of 600,000 hadiths initially attributed to the rasul, it has been reduced to just 2762:
(1) on what basis were the reductions made since the scholars were not alive at the time of muhammed?.
(2) what's the probability that the remaining 2762 are not as fake as the rest? (very high if you calculate it statistically usign the table of normal distribution tongue)
(3) Among the remaining 2762, you now have the weak hadiths and the strong ones, abi? flipping deceptive jokers grin
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 25, 2007
wonders shall never cease.
I knew of abrogated Koran verses,now hadiths are also abrogated kwa?
Havila,these people get stranger by the minute

Please muske can you give me a link to the unabrogated hadiths,the politically correct ones,lol
Where aisha was 17 and raped slave girls became wives and Mohammed had the sexual strength of just 4 men.
where he kissed aisha than strike her poor chest and infidels were loved and not bludgeoned to death
where the caravan raids were just a game of polo and the jewess who fed Mo his last supper was mama Iyabo selling akara in dugbe market.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 25, 2007
OK people,muske says bukhari is the only authentic hadiths so let's only quote from there like this one.

Hadith 1:268
Narrated Qatada:

Anas bin Malik said, "The Prophet used to visit all his wives in a round, during the day and night and they were eleven in number." I asked Anas, "Had the Prophet the strength for it?" Anas replied, "We used to say that the Prophet was given the strength of thirty (men)." And Sa'id said on the authority of Qatada that Anas had told him about nine wives only (not eleven

Hadith 1:28
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The Prophet said: "I was shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of its dwellers were women who were ungrateful." It was asked, "Do they disbelieve in Allah?" (or are they ungrateful to Allah?) He replied, "They are ungrateful to their husbands and are ungrateful for the favors and the good (charitable deeds) done to them. If you have always been good (benevolent) to one of them and then she sees something in you (not of her liking), she will say, 'I have never received any good from you."

you can check it yourself.http://www.sacred-texts.com/isl/bukhari/index.htm

so muske don't accuse me again of quoting wrongly,Imam Bukhari sanctioned those 2 above.
You may be embarrased by them,that's a different story
babyosisi don't tell no lies.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 8:27pm On Jan 25, 2007
shaitan . the only ones i read are the onse posted by muslims cuz theywont go to lenghts to ridicule . .

babyosisi can you allow us to get back to our topic kiss
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 25, 2007
mukina2:

shaitan . the only ones i read are the onse posted by muslims because theywont go to lenghts to ridicule . .

babyosisi can you allow us to get back to our topic kiss

Just a better translation:

Shahan, the only ones i read are those posted by fellow decietful muslims because they wont go to lengths to expose the myth behind the "prophet" but would go to extra lengths to cover up the unpalatable truths of the quran.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 9:00pm On Jan 25, 2007
when will you leave me in peace angry tongue tongue

: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran?
if you want to convert say so . stop trying to disturb the peace tongue
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 25, 2007
tufiakwa
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 9:36pm On Jan 25, 2007
babyosisi:

tufiakwa
babyosis what are you sayin embarassed
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 25, 2007
mukina2:

when will you leave me in peace angry tongue tongue

: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran?
if you want to convert say so . stop trying to disturb the peace tongue

Convert to what? Can the living aspire to join the dead? Can the sighted prefer to join the train of the blind wallowing in the ditch?
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 9:55pm On Jan 25, 2007
well since to you we are blind . .let us be . .create ur own thread tongue
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 12:46am On Jan 26, 2007
muki can't you see that your threads become more exciting when we are around.
This one has reached 4 abi 5 pages.
look at the thread on what you learnt in the mosque today,it's hanging in by the skin of the teeth.

anyway,tufiakwa is an Igbo expression that means God forbid.
now tell me,what is lalatakamkwa that you always say.
and also what is almadudillah that olabowole always says.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by muske(f): 12:30pm On Jan 26, 2007
@havila,

I have said my own part on the authenticity of the hadith .So i am less concerned on whatever else you have to say.

Before going in to the issue of Hadith, why not try to correct the anomalies in your Gospel. Gospel is just like Hadith, written by men in which the authenticity can not be ascertained and even those claiming to be authors cannot be proven to be real authors.

I have been reading christians' post in which you refer to Hadith, forgetting that Hadith is like Gospel or your bible, anyone can just wake up in a day and write Hadith or even fabricate it just like Gospel.why not limit your postings, hearsays and whatever to Koranic verses and we continue the dialogue from there.

If you are asking me on what basis some reductions were made, I will also ask you to tell me on what basis were some reductions made in RSV, GNB etc ,also on what basis were some verses exchanged for another, on what basis was 'women bible'  written, on what basis were some veres present in some bibles but inserted as footnotes in order bibles and on what basis were some verses changed from black to red and vice versa

babysin,

right from inception and the starting of Muslim- christian debate, you have never raised any issue on Islam except on Aisha marrying Prophet and answers have been supplied to you on several occassions. So i leave you to continue barking as a toothless dog until you have something reasonable to say.

lest i forget, what is the motive behind your posting the two hadith and of what relevance?.

Also if not that you are a liar, where was it written that bukari is the most authentic hadith.

Stop saying Tufiakwa, those stronger than you in christianity have been reverted back to Islam (the religion of Abraham, Isaac, Ishmael, Jacob, Noah,moses,Jesus and Muhammed (May Allah's be on them all) I pray before your death, Allah touches your heart. You have not been able to defend all allegations on christianity posed at you, instead of doing that and giving space for a peaceful dialogue, you turn everything upside down with your ruthless and uncultured behaviour.

@davidylan,

what myth are you referring to?

Lastly to you all christians

What could be more hypocrisy than this ? Jesus preached peace, is infringement on another persons thread part of the preaching of jesus. How many Muslims did you see priving into your threads unless be it muslim-christian dialogue. Why can’t you respect someone’s privacy for a minute and if you cant, no problem, we move on.

There are threads for dialogue, why not go there and let Muslim faithful express his/her feelings on his/her religion.

If you have any problem confronting you and are not cleared about in ISLAM, create a thread and we iron it out.

TRUE AMBASSADOR OF JESUS!!!!
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 26, 2007
muske:

What could be more hypocrisy than this ? Jesus preached peace, is infringement on another persons thread part of the preaching of jesus. How many Muslims did you see priving into your threads unless be it muslim-christian dialogue. Why can’t you respect someone’s privacy for a minute and if you can't, no problem, we move on.

There are threads for dialogue, why not go there and let Muslim faithful express his/her feelings on his/her religion.

If you have any problem confronting you and are not cleared about in ISLAM, create a thread and we iron it out.

TRUE AMBASSADOR OF JESUS!!!!

What could be more hypocritical than this write up? Why can't muslims respect our own privacy and RIGHT TO LIFE? Why do they hunt us everywhere to hack off our necks, suicide bomb us everyday, threaten us with days of anger and raping our wives, killing poor christians in Kano over cartoons drawn in Europe?

True ambassador of a religion of PISS!
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 26, 2007
@ mosquito Islam,the religion of Abraham and Jesus ha ha ha,I said it,this muske must have received one to many 'light beatings' by a bearded man.
Her brains are now in her rear,is that what they teach at the academy of suicide wives?.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mrpataki(m): 7:52pm On Jan 26, 2007
Here is one of my all time favorites!!!! cheesy cheesy

Quran 8:12
I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mrpataki(m): 7:58pm On Jan 26, 2007
Here is one of the all time horrors shocked shocked in Islam angry angry

Sunan Abu-Dawud Book 38, Number 4348:

Narrated Abdullah Ibn Abbas:
A blind man had a slave-mother who used to abuse the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and disparage him. He forbade her but she did not stop. He rebuked her but she did not give up her habit. One night she began to slander the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and abuse him. So he took a dagger, placed it on her belly, pressed it, and killed her. A child who came between her legs was smeared with the blood that was there. When the morning came, the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) was informed about it.

He assembled the people and said: I adjure by Allah the man who has done this action and I adjure him by my right to him that he should stand up. Jumping over the necks of the people and trembling the man stood up.

He sat before the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and said: Apostle of Allah! I am her master; she used to abuse you and disparage you. I forbade her, but she did not stop, and I rebuked her, but she did not abandon her habit. I have two sons like pearls from her, and she was my companion. Last night she began to abuse and disparage you. So I took a dagger, put it on her belly and pressed it till I killed her.
Thereupon the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Oh be witness, no retaliation is payable for her blood.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 26, 2007
my last hadith of the day.
mosquito accuses me of only focusing on Mo and his chiold bride aisha,forgrtting that I've talked about Mo the wife beater,Mo the murderer and thief,Mo the rapist of slave women,Mo thecaravan raider.

My last hadith of the day,Mo the one that would not share. grin grin

Muslim,Book 037, Number 6676:

Anas reported that a person was charged with fornication with the slavegirl of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said to 'Ali: Go and strike his neck. 'Ali came to him and he found him in a well making his body cool. 'Ali said to him: Come out, and as he took hold of his hand and brought him out, he found that his sexual organ had been cut. Hadrat 'Ali refrained from striking his neck. He came to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and said: Allah's Messenger, he does not  even have  the sexual organ with him (Ali did not know that Jibraeel had  already taken care of him).

what's the obsession with necks ?
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 8:27pm On Jan 28, 2007
babyosisi:

muki can't you see that your threads become more exciting when we are around.
This one has reached 4 abi 5 pages.
look at the thread on what you learnt in the mosque today,it's hanging in by the skin of the teeth.

anyway,tufiakwa is an Igbo expression that means God forbid.
now tell me,what is lalatakamkwa that you always say.
and also what is almadudillah that olabowole always says.

its not exciting when all of you start the name calling especially on the holy Prophet
.its not excitin . .

latatakalam hmmmm . i wont say cheesy
Alhamdulilah means praise be to Allah
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by belloti(m): 10:31am On Jan 31, 2007
Baby, The Rasoul said " Min Husni Islama Mar a, Tarkuhu mala ya anihi". hope you know the meaning cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

54 Muslim Players For The Premier League Season 2016-2017 / Photos Of Newly Built Mosque In Enugu State / Boiled Meat Changes Into 'Allah Akbar' In Lagos - Facebook User Claims. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.