Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,115 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (64414 Views)

Ayatul Kursi - The Ayah Of The Throne / Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 / Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by diyobdw(f): 6:47pm On Sep 01, 2006
i love it it insipirational
The most High was one of my fav in arabic sch back then cheesy
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by baabolight(m): 9:25pm On Sep 08, 2006
Thanks for your piece of advice!
mukina2:

@baabolight

people keep spammin serious threads i don't know why, if you want to fight them off it gets worst so simple ignore em then the'll leave undecided
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by baabolight(m): 9:28pm On Sep 08, 2006
In my opinion all surahs are essential for the holy month of Ramadan though people are known to pay particular attention to some.  As for du'ahs, you just need more in the month as the chances of them been granted is higher!  Ma  Sallam!
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 8:21pm On Sep 23, 2006
Assalam malaykum

please lets not froget,
about the verses for ramadan

ma salaam
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 6:45pm On Dec 09, 2006
Salaam to you all . .

what do you think of suratul Mariam? kiss kiss
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by ZuluNation(m): 4:27am On Dec 15, 2006
My favorite passage in the Ayah or Surah in the Quran; let's see hmmmm I like the one that says kill all the freaking infidels
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by bluenubian(f): 4:27am On Dec 15, 2006
zulu!!!!!
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by ZuluNation(m): 4:28am On Dec 15, 2006
You've not read that passage ?
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by bluenubian(f): 4:30am On Dec 15, 2006
oh God save me!, u r a bad influence on me, lemme run away!
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by ZuluNation(m): 4:31am On Dec 15, 2006
I hear you my sista, that's why I'm learning ALAKUBA just in case the take over Nigeria. How long are you gone run
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by bluenubian(f): 4:32am On Dec 15, 2006
u killing me with laughter grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by ZuluNation(m): 4:34am On Dec 15, 2006
You laughing, you better learn ALAKUBA with me.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by bluenubian(f): 4:39am On Dec 15, 2006
oya "ALAKUBA" - oh u sooo wrong grin abeg ma mulim bro and sis forgive me in advance, its the devil
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by ZuluNation(m): 4:41am On Dec 15, 2006
Thunder will strike you Nubian are you calling me devil ? grin
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by bluenubian(f): 4:43am On Dec 15, 2006
grin grin grin grin, its ur conscience worrying u
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by ZuluNation(m): 4:46am On Dec 15, 2006
It's not my conscience o! it's the ALAKUBA people I'm fearing, you call me devil the next thing you know they'll start killing my people Blue Biko.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by bluenubian(f): 5:39am On Dec 15, 2006
eeeya, ndo! biko ewe li we. i told u less commot b4, now see
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by ZuluNation(m): 7:09am On Dec 15, 2006
My sister I can never be mad at you, Kachifo my dear
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by belloti(m): 10:57am On Dec 15, 2006
Zulu and Nubian no disrespect intended but you really corrupting this thread with ur personal dialogue. Am sure u can do that with IM on any of the messenger services or just exchange phone numbers. Here we are talking about our favourites verses of the Holy Book.

Rasul said "Min husni Islamin mar a Tarkuhu ma la ya a nihi"

For the goodness of a religion of a person its leaving that does not concern him

So here its all about this topic and nothing else
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by bluenubian(f): 10:02pm On Dec 15, 2006
sorry o, sometimes u jus cant help it, back to ur fav verses, we were talking about some verse he said anyways
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by ZuluNation(m): 11:34pm On Dec 15, 2006
@ belloti.

Abeg no vex sad

*zulu runs never to come back to this thread*
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by cushman(m): 6:37pm On Dec 18, 2006
Please you guys should follow what the topic entails. Thank you.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by belloti(m): 10:35am On Dec 20, 2006
Zulu and Nubian thank you both for your understanding, We shall surely meet on other threads of common interest. But in case you want to contribute here you can as well read the English copy of the Holy Quran on www.searchtruth.com and see if you fall in love with any Quranic verse. See you then
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by ZuluNation(m): 2:51am On Dec 21, 2006
belloti:

Zulu and Nubian thank you both for your understanding, We shall surely meet on other threads of common interest. But in case you want to contribute here you can as well read the English copy of the Holy Quran on www.searchtruth.com and see if you fall in love with any Quranic verse. See you then

No offence my brother, I'm a faithful catholic why in God's name would I want to read the Quran.
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by belloti(m): 4:08pm On Dec 21, 2006
Zulu, there is 1001 reasons for that. But for the sake of this thread you can read it to get some insight into what Islam is about and Islam says about Jesus, Mary and Christianity
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 14, 2007
I went to the link provided by belloti and found my favorite hadith.

1) Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: The Prophet said: "I was shown the Hell-fire and that the majority of its dwellers were women who were ungrateful." It was asked, "Do they disbelieve in Allah?" (or are they ungrateful to Allah?) He replied, "They are ungrateful to their husbands and are ungrateful for the favors and the good (charitable deeds) done to them. If you have always been good (benevolent) to one of them and then she sees something in you (not of her liking), she will say, 'I have never received any good from you." (Book #2, Hadith #28)
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by shahan(f): 11:38am On Jan 14, 2007

". . 'Do they disbelieve in Allah?' (or are they ungrateful to Allah?) He replied, 'They are ungrateful to their husbands and are ungrateful for the favors and the good (charitable deeds) done to them." (Book #2, Hadith #28)

In other words, even if they believe in *Allah*, they will still end up in hell just for perceived ingratitude to their husbands (not minding the beating/scourging such so-called husbands would have multiplied on them)!
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mrpataki(m): 8:21pm On Jan 15, 2007
Tabari VIII:62 Ishaq:496
"Ali [Muhammad's adopted son, son-in-law, and future Caliph] said, ‘Prophet, women are plentiful. You can get a replacement, easily changing one for another.'"

Volume 1, Book 9, Number 493:
'Narrated 'Aisha:
The things which annual prayer were mentioned before me (and those were): a dog, a donkey and a woman. I said, "You have compared us (women) to donkeys and dogs. By Allah! I saw the Prophet praying while I used to lie in (my) bed between him and the Qibla. Whenever I was in need of something, I disliked to sit and trouble the Prophet. So, I would slip away by the side of his feet."'

Volume 1, Book 9, Number 498:
"Narrated 'Aisha: It is not good that you people have made us (women) equal to dogs and donkeys."
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 15, 2007
Here are some of my very favorites! cheesy

Tabari IX:113 "Allah permits you to shut them in separate rooms and to beat them, but not severely. If they abstain, they have the right to food and clothing. Treat women well for they are like domestic animals and they possess nothing themselves. Allah has made the enjoyment of their bodies lawful in his Qur'an."

Muslim:B1N142 "‘O womenfolk, you should ask for forgiveness for I saw you in bulk amongst the dwellers of Hell.' A wise lady said: Why is it, Allah's Apostle, that women comprise the bulk of the inhabitants of Hell? The Prophet observed: ‘You curse too much and are ungrateful to your spouses. You lack common sense, fail in religion and rob the wisdom of the wise.' Upon this the woman remarked: What is wrong with our common sense? The Prophet replied, ‘Your lack of common sense can be determined from the fact that the evidence of two women is equal to one man. That is a proof.'"

Qur'an 4:15 "If any of your women are guilty of lewdness, take the evidence of four witnesses from amongst you against them; if they testify, confine them to houses until death [by starvation] claims them."
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by soulpatrol(f): 12:36am On Jan 19, 2007
aint that some hard core stuff! lipsrsealed
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mrpataki(m): 7:21pm On Jan 22, 2007
Just got another scripture as well,

Qur'an 69:44-47

"And if the apostle were to invent any sayings in Our name, We should certainly seize him by his right hand, And We should certainly then cut off the artery of his heart: Nor could any of you withhold him (from Our wrath)."
Re: Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? by mukina2: 7:30pm On Jan 22, 2007
why are you people so so malicious

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

54 Muslim Players For The Premier League Season 2016-2017 / Photos Of Newly Built Mosque In Enugu State / Ghana Female Muslim Students Twerk To ‘One Corner’, To Be Punished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.