Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

The New Testimony Thread. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The New Testimony Thread. (1315 Views)

Baby With Heart Condition Completely Healed. See Photos + Testimony / The Christian Testimony Thread - Testify Of God's Miracles Here! / Testimony Of A Former Devil Worshiper - Nonkoliso Ngeleka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The New Testimony Thread. by reindeer: 11:46pm On Sep 28, 2008
Dear brothers and sisters in christ

its been about 96hours since jesus called me to himself, this has been for me the most profound 96hours of my life and i have seen two of the threads that dwell on salvation achieving a whole lot more than those with arguments.

I have experienced firsthand the power in testimonies, i saw how one testimony brings about more and more to the chagrin of the devil.

I have opened this thread purely as one for glorifying the lord jesus, telling of his saving grace and power. I didnt mention any other religion in this thread and topic hoping it wont get locked again or deleted, if it does this time then its the most obvious fact that the devil is losing battles over people's lives and that he is getting really desperate but with the little i know of jesus now, i'd say he's fighting a lost battle.
Your testimonies may be what God wants to use in solving a major issue for someone else, so please share it and let the lord be praised.
This is an appeal to contentious people to please stay off as their tactic is always to lock any thread showing the victory of jesus,the triumph of good over evil, the victory of love over strife.

May the shouts of rejoicing and testimonies never cease from your abodes amen.

jesus is lord!!!
Re: The New Testimony Thread. by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:24am On Sep 29, 2008
@reindeer
Can I ask you what your testimony is exactly, what did you believe before and what do you believe now? from the history of your posts you never came across as someone who was really against Christianity per say, or Jesus Christ so tell me what exactly has changed for you.

Cheers
Re: The New Testimony Thread. by reindeer: 12:46am On Sep 29, 2008
dear Chris

thanks for your question, i was never 'against' christianty, nope, as far i was concerned people were free to believe whatever it is they choose to believe, i decided that all the religions i have come in contact with do not exactly answer my questions about the person of 'God', at a stage i believed he was a creation of humans to explain things they dont fully understand yet etc. Despite all these there was this little tug at the back of my mind that somewhere out there was a higher power that i just couldnt seem to reach. It was frustrating, it was disturbing/unsettling. there was this constant heaviness on my heart.

Make no mistake, i wasnt such a bad person, i believed in the live and let live principle, if you are expecting the story of a murderer turned christian, sorry u wont get that here.

this i think is why i found myself scouring through the religion pages, for someone who didnt give two hoots about jesus, wasnt it strange that i kept coming back to these pages?something kept me coming even when i saw that both christians and muslims had such tempers that i was even disgusted at a stage.

what changed for me? Id say its the state of my heart, theres a calm now since i said those words of prayer,theres this silent contentment, an ever present reassurance.Its as if all of a sudden i have no cares anymore,as if all my questions had been answered(but hey, some,infact most of them are still there!) but somehow they just seem not to matter anymore, instead im happy, filled with joy( you know the kind of joy you had as a kid when you know you have a special outing the next day and you couldnt wait for daylight),
im.,just joyful!!
All these came in just because for once i opened my heart and allowed him in.
Chris, words cant really describe the feeling,its just heavenly.
now i know why people get addicted to drugs because they got a 'high'.Now this is much more intense im sure and you dont have to go buying, just allow him in.
I think he may be tugging at the door of your heart right now, pls dont stall anymore, allow him in and experience the love, warmth and peace. You'll feel so good you are gonna want to tell the whole world.

so my hair is still the same, i still wear the same clothes but now i sing a different tune and my heart is changed all because of love.
take care bro.
jesus is lord!!!
Re: The New Testimony Thread. by pilgrim1(f): 8:02am On Sep 29, 2008
reindeer:

Dear brothers and sisters in christ

its been about 96hours since jesus called me to himself, this has been for me the most profound 96hours of my life and i have seen two of the threads that dwell on salvation achieving a whole lot more than those with arguments.

I have experienced firsthand the power in testimonies, i saw how one testimony brings about more and more to the chagrin of the devil.

@reindeer,

Jesus is truly Lord! I don't know how many people have written me by email saying just about the same thing highlighted in the quote above. Sometimes I had been tempted to engage in theological debates on the Forum; but often when chatting on YIM, those who try to persuade me to refrain seem to reach me where words cannot - and that's why I relax and let their wisdom prevail.

May God bless and strengthen you always, meet the deepest longings of your heart, and also use you increasingly to touch the lives of others. Jesus is Lord.
Re: The New Testimony Thread. by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:54pm On Apr 16, 2012
reindeer: Dear brothers and sisters in christ

I have opened this thread purely as one for glorifying the lord jesus, telling of his saving grace and power. I didnt mention any other religion in this thread and topic hoping it wont get locked again or deleted, if it does this time then its the most obvious fact that the devil is losing battles over people's lives and that he is getting really desperate but with the little i know of jesus now, i'd say he's fighting a lost battle.
Your testimonies may be what God wants to use in solving a major issue for someone else, so please share it and let the lord be praised.
This is an appeal to contentious people to please stay off as their tactic is always to lock any thread showing the victory of jesus,the triumph of good over evil, the victory of love over strife.

May the shouts of rejoicing and testimonies never cease from your abodes amen.

jesus is lord!!!

This is one of the testimonies that is worth praising the Lord for. Who said folks are not being blessed on NL?

(1) (Reply)

Ogaga4luv Why Are You A satanist If I may Ask? / As A Concerned Christian / A Question For Atheists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.