Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Why Cele People Dont Wear Shoes? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Cele People Dont Wear Shoes? (10321 Views)

7 Reasons Why People Dont Go To Church / Reasons Why Men Dont Wear Hats In Church. / The Biggest Church In Nigeria, Some Say, Mfm, Redeem,cele Etc, So Tell Niger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Cele People Dont Wear Shoes? by janami(f): 12:01pm On Sep 29, 2008
i still dont understand why celestial church of christ members do not wear shoes. I have heard different stories, but none seems really reasonable.Maybe a member can shed more light to the mystery of ditching shoes for church service.
I am just curious (no insult intended)
Re: Why Cele People Dont Wear Shoes? by Ebonyj(f): 12:25pm On Sep 29, 2008
I don't know about Cele churches, but I did attend a C and S church for a while. I learnt that they do not wear shoes into their place of worship because back in the old days they learnt from the bible that prophets and men of God did not put on shoes when they are at the altar as it is deemed holy ground.
Also because when the Lord appeared to Moses , he was ordered to take his sandals off as he was standing on holy ground. Basically, I think they are just mimicking the way in which prophets and holy men of God used to worship in the old days by regarding their church as a holy ground where you don't wear/put on any shoes whilst worshipping.

As I said I only attended for a short while so I might be wrong.
Re: Why Cele People Dont Wear Shoes? by janami(f): 12:41pm On Sep 29, 2008
Ebony
thanx. u ve given me a little insight.

Some people said because the founder, Oshofa had really big feet and cldnt get his size of shoes his followers took it as a sign of purity and decided to go with the trend of not wearing shoes. how true can that be?
Re: Why Cele People Dont Wear Shoes? by sylvao2000(m): 2:00pm On Sep 29, 2008
@poster:

Tell us Ur church and stop saying things about others, all this Muslim sef, what is Ur own if they dont wear shoe?

See this Cele sef what is wrong wearing shoe to church or you cant afford to get one, their are cheaper shoe pls try go for one and stop all this Muslims for there insult,
Re: Why Cele People Dont Wear Shoes? by janami(f): 2:37pm On Sep 29, 2008
sylva
i am not a muslim tongue
Re: Why Cele People Dont Wear Shoes? by Nimshi: 4:23pm On Sep 29, 2008
The reason above is the biblically-related reason for not wearing shoes into places of worship, or, as it was with Moses, any place designated/deemed as holy. The C&S practice as related is sound on this, as is also the case in Islam. But there's a very huge difference with the Celestial Church of Christ (henceforth, CCC): these guys don't wear any shoes once they're in the white worship regalia (there's a name for it; memory fails me at this point).

This is a surprising practice; supposedly, everywhere on God's earth is to be holy ground. Quite an unsafe practice, with all sorts of stuff on Lagos roads. And, once you think about it, you'd figure that the CCC Christian sect is not meant to be universal: pray, how do you strut around on ice during winter, say? Heck, how do you stay indoors at a public place of worship with no protection for your feet in extrme weather? Prohibitive heating costs aside, why would anyone sane want to do this? A clear example of a man's not-so-well-thought-out attempt at extending a divine instruction. Aside from this, and a thing or two with certain 'strange' practices, and a very huge thing for coloured candles, they're probably fine. Used to have one who was close; we used to tease him no end; he made good and made everyone proud.
Re: Why Cele People Dont Wear Shoes? by bawomolo(m): 4:40pm On Sep 29, 2008
shoes can impede the holy currents flowing from the holy grounds. supernatural laws of physics
Re: Why Cele People Dont Wear Shoes? by janami(f): 5:33pm On Sep 29, 2008
Nimshi
my sentiments exactly. some go a long distance in public transport with no shoes. And the colourful candles . . . . well, do they really work?

bawomolo:

shoes can impede the holy currents flowing from the holy grounds. supernatural laws of physics

bawolomo
Hmm . . . . please explain these laws cos i am lost
Re: Why Cele People Dont Wear Shoes? by bawomolo(m): 6:03pm On Sep 29, 2008
Hmm . . . . please explain these laws because i am lost

the laws of spiritual impedance, shoes are not good conductors of the holy spirit. not only does the devil wear prada, he wears nike and flip-flops too.
Re: Why Cele People Dont Wear Shoes? by janami(f): 6:13pm On Sep 29, 2008
bawomolo:

the laws of spiritual impedance, shoes are not good conductors of the holy spirit. not only does the devil wear prada, he wears nike and flip-flops too.

seriously. lol. that really cracked me up.
Re: Why Cele People Dont Wear Shoes? by osrii: 3:45pm On Sep 30, 2008
ONE CAN JUST SUSTAIN SERIOUS INJURY.CAN IT BE AN INSTRUCTION FROM GOD?HABA
Re: Why Cele People Dont Wear Shoes? by Gamine(f): 2:25am On Oct 01, 2008
ROTFLMAO @Devil wears prada comment
Re: Why Cele People Dont Wear Shoes? by janami(f): 1:12pm On Oct 01, 2008
osrii:

ONE CAN JUST SUSTAIN SERIOUS INJURY.CAN IT BE AN INSTRUCTION FROM GOD?HABA

instruction ke?
Re: Why Cele People Dont Wear Shoes? by jintujinta(m): 1:54pm On Oct 01, 2008
Well, it is very simple. Members of celestial Church of God are supposed to be rich. So they wear their sutana, enter their posh cars in their posh compound. go to church and enter their posh churches. So no trekking. let all the trekkers change their churches to C&S. At least they can still wear their sutana, trek with shoes and worship God on Holy land by putting off the shoes when they get to church.

Shikena!
Re: Why Cele People Dont Wear Shoes? by janami(f): 1:59pm On Oct 01, 2008
jintu
tut tut tongue
Re: Why Cele People Dont Wear Shoes? by Maykelly(f): 2:04pm On Oct 01, 2008
Why Cele People don't Wear Shoes? I better we put an end to this-
The answer: Is simply because they hate shoes, slipers, sanders and they also hate to wear them because of their nature and the substance in which these shoes,sanders, slippers and what have you was made from.
Believe me from source.
Re: Why Cele People Dont Wear Shoes? by janami(f): 2:08pm On Oct 01, 2008
May kelly:

Why Cele People don't Wear Shoes? I better we put an end to this-
The answer: Is simply because they hate shoes, slipers, sanders and they also hate to wear them because of their nature and the substance in which these shoes,sanders, slippers and what have you was made from.
Believe me from source.

aii, name ur source undecided

(1) (Reply)

Does Satan Really Exist? / Was Jesus Naive To Have Said This? / How To Activate Your Faith To Get What You Need

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.