Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,807 members, 7,813,653 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

I Need Advice B4 I Do Something Funny - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Need Advice B4 I Do Something Funny (792 Views)

Pls I Need Ur Help B4 I Go Back To Village / Plz Narialanders, I Need A Job B4 I Go Crazy!!!!! / Pls Reply Urgently B4 I Loose This Chance Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice B4 I Do Something Funny by 377: 2:33pm On Sep 29, 2008
guys i just rounde up my nysc on 11th september 2008. i applied for msc in finance in abia state university uturu.though i finished from that school with 2.1 in the same course. my people are saying i should get a job first before going for masters bcs they are not giving me a dime. but i have only 200k with me and am bent on going for it (ie) part time and still be looking for job pls guys what is ur advice i need ur contribution so i will not regret tomorrow
Re: I Need Advice B4 I Do Something Funny by tumfulu: 2:39pm On Sep 29, 2008
Well, ask yourself, what does a Master's degree add to your value in the market. Me think, work first, save the money you have, fok more women and when you are done, go back to your Msc degree.
Re: I Need Advice B4 I Do Something Funny by Tantolu: 5:27am On Sep 30, 2008
@377:
If truly u av a 2:1 in finance , getting a job is not going to be difficult,but u need to be sure of ur ability,With 200k if are wise, in a yr it can turn to 600k,think of any clean business (selling air time,etc) you can do while u search for a job, make sure its a business that will not suffer much if u are not available(i.e when u start working),the simple different btwn a capitalist and a graduate is ability to manage money and take calculated risk.I finished service in 2004 with N85k savings, today its worth 1.1m in a small business, not even shares,despite the fact that my job take so much of my time, what we need in this generation is the ability to believe in a small resources,take a good look at Aliko Dangote today with just 500k, As far as am concern in this present Nijar, 2:1 is equivalent of Msc in terms of Jobs requirement, especially made in Nijar Msc,abeg, Ur destiny lies in your hand sha, goodluck!
Re: I Need Advice B4 I Do Something Funny by ohwofasa(m): 1:47pm On Sep 30, 2008
377:

guys i just rounde up my nysc on 11th september 2008. i applied for msc in finance in abia state university uturu.though i finished from that school with 2.1 in the same course. my people are saying i should get a job first before going for masters bcs they are not giving me a dime. but i have only 200k with me and am bent on going for it (ie) part time and still be looking for job please guys what is ur advice i need ur contribution so i will not regret tomorrow
pls go get a job first b4 u start thinking of going bck 2 school.ur ppl most ve paid ur fees thru school and also give u money for other things,watin happen?pls allow them rest my broda
Re: I Need Advice B4 I Do Something Funny by okosisi: 3:27pm On Sep 30, 2008
i was once in ur shoe ,finished service jan 2007 ,with few 10s of thousand applied for master got the admission in unilag ,because it was not a gud news without a job .
i did a job with a poor pay to be able to raise my school fee thank god i have graduate august 2008 . now i am working with a brighter hope,go for ur masters and look for a job in the eastern region to keep body and soul togather.

pls do not drop the programme you might never have an easier opprtunity.

Re: I Need Advice B4 I Do Something Funny by zaragoza(m): 9:55pm On Sep 30, 2008
My guy koolu temper i no know why ur blood dey hot like dis u are still fresh in d market. The fact remains dat u can still combine d two. While doing ur masters peradventure u get a well paid job u can defer to a later time or even end it depending on the job u secured that is if d job wldnt enable u to continue. My dear everything boils down to money o!
Re: I Need Advice B4 I Do Something Funny by Geezle(m): 9:35am On Oct 01, 2008
The pre-requisite for a good master's degree anywhere in the world is working experience not NYSC, my friend.

I believe u should go get a job that will give you good grounding in order to start charting your career line. What if you finish the master's and u still dont get a job? What if u get a job that makes you divert from finance and into something more lucrative?

My dear friend, there are 1001 questions you should answer before you take ur funny step.

From my experience, the master's degree from the Federal Uni in Naija sef no dey give u advantage pass person with BSc/B.A., talkless of your state university. (no pun intended)

My friend, if u actually went to school and got that 2.1 u boast of, I will advise you to plant ur 200k into something more profitable - probably go into entrepreneurship, do something more challenging, I bet u wont regret it.

Good luck
Re: I Need Advice B4 I Do Something Funny by SOJ(m): 10:39am On Oct 01, 2008
do what ur heart tells u too,,,,u av it in u!

(1) (Reply)

Travel, Work & Live In Slovenia! / Jobs At The Chartered Institute Of Taxation Of Nigeria. / Beware Of Work At Home Online Job Scams!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.