Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,217 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Pilgrim's Muslim To Christian Conversion Story: Fact Or Romantic Fiction? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pilgrim's Muslim To Christian Conversion Story: Fact Or Romantic Fiction? (1586 Views)

Nasarawa Pilgrim Returns N.5m To Afghan Mate, Gets Free Hajj Seat(pic) / Former Imam: God Saved Me From Torture After Christian Conversion / Sharing Christian Conversion Lessons: "True life stories" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pilgrim's Muslim To Christian Conversion Story: Fact Or Romantic Fiction? by tribalist: 11:37pm On Oct 01, 2008
I have read your piss poor attempt at promoting christianity and how you converted from a muslim to a christian. At a first glance, the story looks agonizingly interesting because of the puns and rhetorics displayed to place the reader under suspense to know what actually made you a christian but getting to the end is more of an anti-climax that is seriously dumbfounding and grossly unbelievable to say the least.

I have read so many conversion stories but honestly, this has to be the worst in terms of believability and desire to change.

I have gone through your story carefully and i have gone through your past posts. I wondered what was the whole biggie about you when i saw the thread and i realised you are a local champion on this forum and you derive a lot of joy in making fun of catholics and muslims and i realised that you errantly forgot that those issues would come back to haunt you in your convoluted story.

A piece by piece analysis of this story goes thus:

Naturally, I had warmed my way to his heart and 'overthrew' my siblings in the competition for his affection and attention - mostly because I was the most troublesome, rascally, argumentative and often screamed with loud sobs until I got my way. Ironically, I was often bullied in school and would run home to cry my eyes out, instigating my elder brothers to go slap some heads around.

Why should the catholics and Muslims be suprised about your aggressiveness and later attributing your life is in *jesus* hands. What kind of jesus attracts such hard headed rascals as an apostle of his?

There are more infamous quotes about your hot headness:

Fast forward. After several debates with a few people, I had quickly been recognized as a local champion, most feared more because of my very saucy language in debates than for my intelligence. I was praised by my friends, and was so deluded for a moment enjoying the ridicule I put Christians to. The Jews I encountered, surprisingly were very intelligent and did not believe in shouting. They, like the Christians, showed a bit more respect and love. So, how was I able to shut the mouths of Christians? Well, I simply spent hours on end at skeptic and atheistic websites to harvest loads of very demeaning quotes and arguments against them!

This is definately a poor attempt at mimicking the st. paul and honestly the st. paul would be embarrassed at such plaigarism and comparism grin

We even have more versions of your persecution of christians:

So, I kept on with this attitude, castigating Christians and Jewish beliefs with more vehemence. You see, what was even giving me this cowardly boldness (oxymoron) was that we could say anything against others; but they could not do the same to Islam! Although no one cried about a blasphemy Law in Atlanta, we believed that we were well protected in the USA culture to slur Christianity and threaten them if they dared do the same to our belief!

I look back at some of your posts on the Muslim threads and catholic threads and i see no difference between the pilgrim of then and the pilgrim of now. What has really changed? Your callous way of addressing people from different faiths that doesnt conform with yours?

You have always been a castigator and will probably forever be. Just like the God of the old testament and the God of the new testament. They are one and the same person. The pilgrim of old and the pilgrim of new are the same person and no amount of conversion from muslim to christian to mormons to Hindu will change the way you castigate religions and faiths.

The boy friend (s) Issue!

I have read your posts and story over and over again and one re occuring thing that kept on cropping up is Boyfriend this and Boyfriend that!

I tried my best to see if i could read anything sensible regarding christianity but all i kept on coming across was this promiscus attitude of jumping from one man to another whether as someone who was dumped or a boyfriend that died or a boyfriend that was sick.

For a supposedly good moral christian, i find it appalling to say the least that Men should be the centre of conversion to another faith. Your stories are abound and awash with love letters and love innuendos except that you had a fetish for christian europeans Men or americans. for example:

So, I fell in love with a Christian, not so much because he was unashamed to be identified as one; but more because he was intelligent, terribly handsome and everyone was talking about him. It wasn't long before I also terrorised drove away all my rivals with assertiveness and got him to notice me.

What are we to learn from this statement in regards to christianity?

It was never to happen. They moved to another state in the USA - and he had not even stopped by to let me know. I was so embarrassed in class when someone else broke the news, and thought within myself: "ye right! the Christian he was!

Because he dumped you, you insulted him because of his religion. What if you were dating a moslem then and he dumped you the way the *christian* dumped you, would you have retorted as *yeah right! the moslem* That statement was xenophobic to say the least and i wonder what i was supposed to learn from that statement!

Fastforward to boyfriend number 2 or 3! I really cant keep up with your men pardon me!

Yet again, I had a softspot for another Christian. His father was an atheist, but they yet lived happily and peacefully among themselves. I look back with tears in my eyes and regret for the many evil things I did personally to him, his family and his belief as a Christian. His father liked me so much he would invite me to upset this gentleman. But hey, he never for one day stop praying for me. I challenged him with a rhetoric: "Since you started praying for me, has you Jesus answered you? Don't you see that you're so **$(%** to be a Christian? Christianity does not work

Another boyfriend talk nothing more! The only thing that interested me was why the confession. It would have added more credence to your story if you had told us the horrible things you did and said to his family. Well i can only guess what you might have done and its not really difficult to imagine it. Your previous posts speak for itself what you can do to destroy other faiths!

Prayer warrior and fairytales:

"I know Jesus has answered me. He only asked me to be patient
            and to keep praying for you. He said the sign you will see is that
            your dad will call Me "Lord" with his lips. You will hear him say this,
            and you cannot stop him!"

Honestly did you beau really say that verbatim and you recorded it all down in the exact manner or are you just pulling our legs? Because i find it hard to remember statements made to me last week verbatim talkless of years gone by. Or did you just add this chapter to make the story more believable or what? even journalists carry around a mini recorder to remember exact details. Yours looks simply extraordinary. Do you work for the newyork post or something?

I delayed to go and see my ill friend boyfriend. I was in love; but I had been driven more with hate for his being a Christian than for his being a human being. Please understand: this was just me, it does not mean that is the very same attitude every Muslim takes

There is nothing to understand. Its still the same ol' you and your hateful nature doesnt just have to disappear overnight. Besides the story we are all reading has to do with love and nothing more.

So, I closed my eyes and (although being sarcastic in my heart), I blurted out: "Jesus, please heal *Joe." I paused, not knowing what next to say. . . and I was about to stutter the subsequent sentence when Joe rolled off the couch and started slowly jumping up! He ran and hugged me and started shouting praises to Jesus Christ! What?!? What was happening here? Whether I believed it or not, Joe had been instantly healed!

Wait Wait, Wait a second! Let me get it straight. He was on the couch one minute and the next minute after praying he jumped up and began to run and hugged you

I am really trying to put a hollywood spin on this picture and frankly, it sounds too comical to be true. A sick person immediately runs and hugs and jumps after a prayer without any medicine or pills! Wow! And did this amazing fact spread out to the doctors curing him or made the evening news or was there some form of scientific test to ascertain what happened?

Please this story is nothing more than a poor attempt at writing your first romantic mills and boons story. It would have made more sense if it was in the romantic section of nairaland.

All your reasons for converting from a muslim to a christian holds no water and your clutching unto straw trying to convince any muslim what so ever.

Trump up a better story next time because this one has MAN CRUSH written all over it and nothing more! I doubt if this story will make the 700 club or the readers digest gossip column! undecided
Re: Pilgrim's Muslim To Christian Conversion Story: Fact Or Romantic Fiction? by pilgrim1(f): 12:04am On Oct 02, 2008
@tribalist,

Thank you for your analysis of my testimony. Perhaps I should not even have bothered; but for the sake of poor fellows like you, let me say a few things that you deliberately missed on account of your desire to see beyond yourself.

(1) First, I am not a clone of any person's testimony; so if you had expected my story to follow the typical drone you might have heard so many times, I'm deeply sorry to have disappointed you.

(2) You make a mistake of assuming that just because I had boyfriends, I might have been committing zina (fornication) and jumping from men to men. Sorry again to disappoint you; but you really had no clue what life I lived. Bottomline: I had friends - I fell in love, and I'm not ashamed to pretend that grown up men were my friends while I was searching for true meaning in life and faith.

(3) I made clear that my testimony was not grounds for theological debates - I said so several times and kept reiterating it. If you missed that, I doubt you had the eyes to actually read. Which is hardly surprising - because inspite of my having said so many times, obviously you would have loved to skip that bit.

(4) my style: yes, I was deliberately light hearted in my style because I didn't realize it would have the huge impact it did. At one point I was a bit withdrawn because I didn't want to be the center of attraction and had indicated it - offering to come back later and share some more.

(5) Earlier than that, I wanted to "cut to the chase" and just simply state what moved me to give my heart to Christ - which I eventually did by summarily touching on the undeniable miracles that eventually added up to move me. Like I said, theology didn't settle it for me; rather, the power of what had happened before my very eyes added to the events that helped me find faith.

(6) Now an interesting thing: Kylie's* letter and quotes from others. I quoted one of my boyfriend's mother and stated that I couldn't remember precisely how she said it; but the few things that rang in my heart could not be forgotten. You would have to have a heart of stone when a mother who has lost her own son in another country was speaking and you played deaf! Not me - and all through those years I carried that woman's painful tears in my heart.

(7) I still have his letter with me - it's an old piece of paper that's whether beaten now, but I had it in front of me when I was typing that very night. That letter followed me everywhere I go in my purse - because it reminds me of his strong faith to look death in the face and still give his life for something he believed in.

(8.) Morality: boyfriend. Lol, you see, I'm a real and down-to-earth person - not a hijab wearing pretender faking a morality in Islam that doesn't exist. To people like you, the word "boyfriend" conjures zina (fornication); but you simply have no clue - those men I met were the finest gentlemen I have ever seen in my life all the time I was moving among muslims whose eyes and hearts were filled with lust for young girls and all the while they pretend to be smooth-bearded mullahs.

I could go on, but I really wonder that you wasted a whole page in your effort. I have often asked people who want evidence to get in touch directly - there I could post you some scanned documents, and video clips, audio clips; books, names of highly placed Imams, Muslim Councils, especially where I lived - to go check them out for yourself; respected Muslim institutions where I have been and people I have talked to. . etc. All I have received from the few fellows who made attempts were constant insults to my person and parents. I know leaving Islam is a painful experience for some who have believed that they are the best of mankind among all the ummah of the various religious groups. But here is something I have learnt since that night: I'm not intersted in entering a theological debate with muslims, be it ever so hungry as they may be for it - because I've been there and know how they feel.

Again, thank you for your efforts - it was quite an amusing piece of entertainment on your part. But one thing that remains concrete in my life is this: from the very day that Jesus Christ saved me, I have never looked back to consider Islam. I now love the people I once hated vehemently - what is more, I have nothing other than love for the many Muslims who continue to be angry that I left Islam.

May you find Jesus Christ and His love for you as well. When you do, my story will be nothing in comparison to what you will say about His power.

God bless you. cheesy
Re: Pilgrim's Muslim To Christian Conversion Story: Fact Or Romantic Fiction? by davidylan4(m): 12:06am On Oct 02, 2008
pilgrim you tried, you even bothered with his thread. If your conversion story was such fiction why were they so up in arms that the thread had to be locked?
Re: Pilgrim's Muslim To Christian Conversion Story: Fact Or Romantic Fiction? by reindeer: 12:16am On Oct 02, 2008
eh ya!
looks like people are still getting pinched by what God did for you, this goes again to underscore the fact that the works of jesus just cant be ignored, one metion of his name and people will come running, heads will bow over computer keyboards, Testimonies are just soooooo powerful!

Lord jesus, thank you for what you did for pilgrim.1, i pray that you also give a testimony to the one who started this thread, may he share a testimony of your goodness in his life in jesus name amen.
come tatse the love of christ
he's waiting for you.

jesus is lord!!!!
Re: Pilgrim's Muslim To Christian Conversion Story: Fact Or Romantic Fiction? by pilgrim1(f): 12:17am On Oct 02, 2008
@davidylan,

davidylan*:

pilgrim you tried, you even bothered with his thread. If your conversion story was such fiction why were they so up in arms that the thread had to be locked?

That is the thing that just keeps amazing me! How many times have I asked these gentlemen to get in touch and let me share facts in documented evidence and scanned letters? All I got were threats of allah-this-allah-that! Em, we will definitely find you and your family and slaughter you all, blah-blah. I didn't bother posting such emails because some nice lady will gently remind me that muslims do not go out to vilify anyone.

Our dear tribalist try - I had no clue that simply sharing a bit of my story would have so much impact. Up until now, I still marvel that they are having sleepless nights worrying themselves over what they feel has nothing to offer. If that is the case, [size=14pt]why[/size] do they belabour themselves over it at all?

Bo, blessings my brother.
Re: Pilgrim's Muslim To Christian Conversion Story: Fact Or Romantic Fiction? by pilgrim1(f): 12:19am On Oct 02, 2008
@reindeer,

reindeer:

Lord jesus, thank you for what you did for pilgrim.1, i pray that you also give a testimony to the one who started this thread, may he share a testimony of your goodness in his life in jesus name amen.

Amen to that prayer, reindeer. . . amen.

And thank you and others for your wisdom. Now I know the power of those ladies' appeal that I stay calm and not be drawn to any arguments of sorts. It is working out just as they said. Jesus is Lord.
Re: Pilgrim's Muslim To Christian Conversion Story: Fact Or Romantic Fiction? by Sisikill: 12:22am On Oct 02, 2008
Oh my God! This is the height of RIDICULOUSNESS!!

Tribalist, who the HECK do you think you are? What gives you the audacity to weigh in on the veracity of another person's testimony??!! Are you so far up you own behind, you can't see how unbelievably UNGODLY this is. . . and I don't give a rat's behind what religion you are, last I check both Christianity and Islam frown on man judging things only GOD can judge.

What exactly are you hoping to achieve here. . .  bring people into Islam? Then my friend, you have failed woefully because this behavior of yours is such a turn off, so disgusting. . . only one who needs to have their head examined will want to be in a group that has YOU as a member and before I get slammed, I am not insulting Islam so no one dare take me to task. . . except of course you agree that this behavior is the norm, for which I call you are LIAR because I know Muslims, I grew up with generations of IMAMS and NONE, I MEAN NONE of them will condone such pretentious behavior. I'll go a step further and say I'm fairly certain the will be DISGUSTED by this.

What happened to just saying the Surah Al-Kafirun about those who don't believe what you believe and leaving it at that?

Insanity!
Re: Pilgrim's Muslim To Christian Conversion Story: Fact Or Romantic Fiction? by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:25am On Oct 02, 2008
;d ;d ;d
Re: Pilgrim's Muslim To Christian Conversion Story: Fact Or Romantic Fiction? by pilgrim1(f): 12:27am On Oct 02, 2008
cry cry cry I feel very bad now. No, I'm not trying to play games here. . . but I'm feeling so bad that tribalist is getting such backlash. I understand some of us are upset - I was a little upset myself when I read through. . . but, please let's keep it cool and talk to him. I beg us all.
Re: Pilgrim's Muslim To Christian Conversion Story: Fact Or Romantic Fiction? by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:34am On Oct 02, 2008
grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Church Removes Cross, Changes Name To C3Exchange / 200 Pastors Quit Winners Chapel / After Hell Fire The Next Worse Thing Is Bad Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.