Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,937 members, 7,952,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:05 AM

Virtual Private Network (vpn)! What Is It all about? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Virtual Private Network (vpn)! What Is It all about? (984 Views)

One Year Virtual Private Server And Virtual Credit Card For Paypal Verification / Can Virtual Private Network (VPN) Provider Increase Your Internet Service Speed? / The Best Among PD Proxy, Above VPN, Wi Free , Sandwich VPN And Tunnel Guru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Virtual Private Network (vpn)! What Is It all about? by successbiz(m): 8:35pm On Oct 02, 2008
House, i want to know the features of vpn, how does it work? Can it be used with a gprs service? Can it be used for free browsing?Which are the reliable companies that offers such service? How excellent is the service. Lets put heads together and answer these questions thanks.

1 Like

Re: Virtual Private Network (vpn)! What Is It all about? by moonraker(m): 9:38pm On Oct 02, 2008
means wat its means. in simple english, artificial private network, its an environment created within your normal computer envioronment. a more private one i might add. think of it this way, normally, when you browse the web, u use programs like I.E7 or firefox or opera. these are commonly used browsers but what if you browse the web anoynimously without be traced or anything.
this is the whole ideal. it is more secure with a lot of security features. can it be used with a gprs system?? technically Yes. this means that you will be connected to a server and yu can use yur gprs system to connect remotely to that server so that yu can browse yur files etc. free browsing?? nooooooooooooo. will have to have some contract with an ISP. oh least i forget, you can also configure VPN with your phone lines. i knw that linkserve provides such services, problem is i dont know how reliable they are. hope this answers your question.
Re: Virtual Private Network (vpn)! What Is It all about? by successbiz(m): 7:20am On Oct 03, 2008
Thanks men for the info, i need more comments
Re: Virtual Private Network (vpn)! What Is It all about? by checkiez: 10:57am On Oct 03, 2008
as far as i know, vpn stands for virtual private network. sometimetimes refered to as intranet.
i.e exchange of datas and information between computers that are far from one another using the TCP/IP protocol without being connected to the outside internet. Banks uses it. There is a central server(database) at the HQ, and other branches of the bank connects to it using the ip protocol.

(1) (Reply)

My Hp Nx5000 Is Currently Suffering From All Form Virus,worms And Even Raila Odinga. I Tried Uninsta / Help;plz Am Seriousely Need Of V.g.a Driver For My System[hp Pavilion Ze5700]plz / Cheating On Mtn Nite Plan: Getting More Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.