Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,430 members, 7,954,685 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:10 AM

Serious Labour Shortage In South Africa - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Serious Labour Shortage In South Africa (2867 Views)

Tony Blair Wants Chuka Umunna To Be The Next Labour Leader / 'We Are Living In Fear' -Nigerians In South Africa Cry Out / 2013 Xenophobia Video In South African (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serious Labour Shortage In South Africa by keba(m): 3:10am On Oct 08, 2008
Kobojunkie:

So, Xenophobic attacks are better than attacks as a result of tribalism? People who are killed due to the one are deader than people who are killed as a result of the other??
Kobojunkie, it seems you derive joy being tribalistic and discussing about it. So what is it you want to hear from me that you have not heard
before I for one am not tribalistic and you can go through my posts to disprove me. Why don't you tell me the parameters in which to use to
weigh the better one from the other then i'll answer your question.
Re: Serious Labour Shortage In South Africa by Kobojunkie: 3:22am On Oct 08, 2008
keba:

Kobojunkie, it seems you derive joy being tribalistic and discussing about it.
Hhhmm, I derive job being tribalistic? Here is a question for you. What tribe am I from? And what tribes are my against and have I openly spoken against. You answer those questions and that might help you understand how the statement you made above has absolutely no bearing to my reality, both on here or in my world.

keba:
So what is it you want to hear from me that you have not heard
before

I don't really want to hear anything from you, just wondered how you are able to overlook killings and wickedness done in the name of tribalism but are willing to point accusing fingers at those who you claim are xenophobic, as if they are worse than the tribalists you somehow have yet to acknowledge exist in your own home land.

keba:

I for one am not tribalistic and you can go through my posts to disprove me. Why don't you tell me the parameters in which to use to
weigh the better one from the other then i'll answer your question.
I NEVER accused you of being tribalistic but simply pointed out that while you are willing to attack another for being xenophobic, you should in the same breath attack those in your own home who exercise their tribalistic beliefs in much the same way. Dead is dead! and we have people being killed and maimed in much the same meaningless way.
Re: Serious Labour Shortage In South Africa by keba(m): 3:52am On Oct 08, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Hhhmm, I derive job being tribalistic? Here is a question for you. What tribe am I from? And what tribes are my against and have I openly spoken against. You answer those questions and that might help you understand how the statement you made above has absolutely no bearing to my reality, both on here or in my world.
You sure do think i'm a mystic for me to answer that

Kobojunkie:

I don't really want to hear anything from you, just wondered how you are able to overlook killings and wickedness done in the name of tribalism but are willing to point accusing fingers at those who you claim are xenophobic, as if they are worse than the tribalists you somehow have yet to acknowledge exist in your own home land.
It seems you have eyes but don't see. I acknowledged earlier that there was no where tribalism didn't exist and of course the people i claim to be xenophobic are in all reality as well as there is tribal killings perpetuaded most of the time by moslems in the north.

Kobojunkie:

I NEVER accused you of being tribalistic but simply pointed out that while you are willing to attack another for being xenophobic, you should in the same breath attack those in your own home who exercise their tribalistic beliefs in much the same way. Dead is dead! and we have people being killed and maimed in much the same meaningless way.

Whatever and why don't you do that for me sine you are an advocate of IT. cheesy
Re: Serious Labour Shortage In South Africa by Kobojunkie: 3:59am On Oct 08, 2008
keba:

You sure do think i'm a mystic for me to answer that

Well, you are the one who claimed I derived joy from being tribalistic and going on the attack as a result. So do you now see how wrong that claim is??

keba:

It seems you have eyes but don't see. I acknowledged earlier that there was no where tribalism didn't exist and of course the people i claim to be xenophobic are in all reality as well as there is tribal killings perpetuaded most of the time by moslems in the north.

I never said you did not admit that tribalism exists everywhere but I wonder if you only made that statement just so I get off your back. I wonder if you really understand that both are wrong and so accusing someone of being worse is just absurd. Are you sure tribalism is limited to or only prevalent in muslim societies? Have you not seem the pictures from the last Kenyan election riots, or the post on the atrocities commited by people during and after the liberian wars? Have you not heard of or seen the pictures from Congo, Rwanda and so many other hot spots in Africa right now??

keba:

Whatever and why don't you do that for me sine you are an advocate of IT. cheesy

Do what for you?? I am not necessarily an IT advocate.
Re: Serious Labour Shortage In South Africa by keba(m): 4:19am On Oct 08, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I never said you did not admit that tribalism exists everywhere but I wonder if you only made that statement just so I get off your back. I wonder if you really understand that both are wrong and so accusing someone of being worse is just absurd. Are you sure tribalism is limited to or only prevalent in muslim societies? Have you not seem the pictures from the last Kenyan election riots, or the post on the atrocities commited by people during and after the liberian wars? Have you not heard of or seen the pictures from Congo, Rwanda and so many other hot spots in Africa right now??

KOBOJUNKIE, you are one hell of a guy and i like you. Of a truth thes things are wrong but i never said or accused the South Africans that they were worse and for sure tribalism is NEVER limited to the muslim society but if you say terrorrism, i'll agree with you. What happened in Kenya was as a result
of tribalism and we should'nt even go talk about the horrible post on the liberia cos it's war and in such a situation, anything can happen.
By the way, did you see the debate between Obama and McCain It was not as interesting as that of the VP but Obama is still leading from the polls.
Re: Serious Labour Shortage In South Africa by Kobojunkie: 4:29am On Oct 08, 2008
keba:

KOBOJUNKIE, you are one hell of a guy and i like you. Of a truth thes things are wrong but i never said or accused the South Africans that they were worse and for sure tribalism is NEVER limited to the muslim society but if you say terrorrism, i'll agree with you. What happened in Kenya was as a result
of tribalism

. . . but you have to admit that tribalism did not rear it's ugly head overnight in that situation. What we saw was, as far as I am concerned the true nature of those people in broad day light.
keba:

and we should'nt even go talk about the horrible post on the liberia because it's war and in such a situation, anything can happen.

Sure, we can say it was all as a result of the war but come on!! You and I know that is not the case. How many wars do you know of that end up with people posing for pictures in the sort of way those in the pictures did? Are you sure that was all war or just the true evil of the ideologies these people subscribe to, that came out for all to see here? When those idiotic american soldiers took pictures of the prisoners at the iraqi prison some years ago, we all stood to condemn their action and never blamed it on war. You really want to say War is the reason for the behaviour we see in these pictures?? Come on!!

keba:

By the way, did you see the debate between Obama and McCain It was not as interesting as that of the VP but Obama is still leading from the polls.

Actually, this is the only debate I have been able to see so far. I mean I was on the phone for the first hour and only caught the last 30 minutes of it. I am a conservative and so McCain's ideas appeal more to me. I particular like the Health plan and the economic plan. I already pay so much in taxes and I look forward to getting a tax cut, something I may not qualify for in Obama's plan. Overall, I think 99% of American's already know who they are going to vote for and many are just waiting for their state polls to open so they can start early voting. I get to vote early myself so I can skip the scuffles of the election day and go about my day with no fuzz. Heck, I get to take the day off and go do better things with my time,  ROFLMAO!!
Re: Serious Labour Shortage In South Africa by keba(m): 5:01am On Oct 08, 2008
Kobojunkie:

. . . but you have to admit that tribalism did not rear it's ugly head overnight in that situation. What we saw was, as far as I am concerned the true nature of those people in broad day light.
I will disagree with you on this again. The killings were directed towards a particular tribe hence the reprisals.

Kobojunkie:

Sure, we can say it was all as a result of the war but come on!! You and I know that is not the case. How many wars do you know of that end up with people posing for pictures in the sort of way those in the pictures did? Are you sure that was all war or just the true evil of the ideologies these people subscribe to, that came out for all to see here? When those idiotic american soldiers took pictures of the prisoners at the iraqi prison some years ago, we all stood to condemn their action and never blamed it on war. You really want to say War is the reason for the behaviour we see in these pictures?? Come on!!
Bros, in time of war anything, i mean ANYTHING despeakable and EVILto the highest degree is bound to happen cos you carrying a rifle will be killed in any way your enemy deems it fit while you on the other hand would kill your enemy in other to stay alive. Don't forget that anything goes as there is hardly any law and order.

I agree with you on McCains' healthcare plan but from the polls, he did better than Obama in terms of terrorism only which is not too good for Him.
Re: Serious Labour Shortage In South Africa by Kobojunkie: 5:10am On Oct 08, 2008
keba:

I will disagree with you on this again. The killings were directed towards a particular tribe hence the reprisals.

Well. . . there were reprisals but it still holds that it was tribalism and not war. Instead of attacking the AUTHORITIES, these people, neighbours attacked their own neighbours, who did nothing but vote for the candidate they wanted. Are you sure it is not the same old nonsense

keba:

Bros, in time of war anything, i mean ANYTHING despeakable and EVILto the highest degree is bound to happen because you carrying a rifle will be killed in any way your enemy deems it fit while you on the other hand would kill your enemy in other to stay alive. Don't forget that anything goes as there is hardly any law and order.

Sure, I understand kill or be killed. But where does taking pictures with heads and eating hearts come in to the whole?? Mind you, the same happens in areas where there are no wars. We have cases where congolese pygmies where being butchered cause of some belief that it meant good luck to those who partook of the feast; we have situations where people hang human heads in their homes to appease their gods. Are these also as a result of war? Kill or be killed; that I understand. But what do you label the wicked acts seen in those pictures? Is that really war?? If yes, then we owe those soldiers who were involved in the Abu graib scandal an apology.

keba:

I agree with you on McCains' healthcare plan but from the polls, he did better than Obama in terms of terrorism only which is not too good for Him.

If you have not noticed, I do not vote according to the polls. Not even in here. It does not matter to me where the majority move on issues or what side the media is on. I vote according to my belief and understanding on issues and how I will be affected. McCain makes more sense to me in this and so I am willing to cast my vote for him. Will not be shocked if there are millions out there who will do same. Thank God for Democracy !!
Re: Serious Labour Shortage In South Africa by keba(m): 5:35am On Oct 08, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Well. . . there were reprisals[b] but it still holds that it was tribalism and not war[/b]. Instead of attacking the AUTHORITIES, these people, neighbours attacked their own neighbours, who did nothing but vote for the candidate they wanted. Are you sure it is not the same old nonsense
You've said it all. cheesy

Kobojunkie:

Sure, I understand kill or be killed. But where does taking pictures with heads and eating hearts come in to the whole?? Mind you, the same happens in areas where there are no wars. We have cases where congolese pygmies where being butchered cause of some belief that it meant good luck to those who partook of the feast; we have situations where people hang human heads in their homes to appease their gods. Are these also as a result of war? Kill or be killed; that I understand. But what do you label the wicked acts seen in those pictures? Is that really war?? If yes, then we owe those soldiers who were involved in the Abu graib scandal an apology.

I guess it's the same feeling the arabs/muslims hve when they carry out their suicide bombings or the feeling of one getting rid of an enemy one has longed for a long time lipsrsealed

Kobojunkie:

Thank God for Democracy !!

Oh yes but for USA where you reside and not in Nigeria where anything goes.
I beg to leave right now so i can go to work. so happy it's my last day at work as i will be recuperating for the next two weeks.
CHIAO !!
Re: Serious Labour Shortage In South Africa by Horus(m): 11:02am On Dec 04, 2009
South Africa can't find enough skilled workers to deliver local services to the public, a top official said Thursday in delivering an annual report on the government's performance.

If they can't find enough skilled workers to deliver local services to the public, why attacking some of the foreigners who are skilled?
Re: Serious Labour Shortage In South Africa by RSA(m): 12:03pm On Dec 04, 2009
Horus:

If they can't find enough skilled workers to deliver local services to the public, why attacking some of the foreigners who are skilled?

Which skilled foreigners are we talking about here?Please get your facts right if you want to be taken seriously.
Re: Serious Labour Shortage In South Africa by Horus(m): 1:07pm On Dec 04, 2009
RSA:

Which skilled foreigners are we talking about here?Please get your facts right if you want to be taken seriously.

The facts are not coming from me, the facts are mentioned in the article at the begining of this thread. Did you read the article before posting or you just posted without reading it?
Re: Serious Labour Shortage In South Africa by RSA(m): 1:55pm On Dec 04, 2009
Horus:

The facts are not coming from me, the facts are mentioned in the article at the begining of this thread. Did you read the article before posting or you just posted without reading it?

I did read the article when they started it a year ago and continue to follow it,look Horus,I think just like most of your pals you have issues with black South Africans.I think most of you think blacks in South Africa are just AIDS ridden,criminals,alchoholics lazy people.You've created this pictures in your minds that blacks in South are takings orders from whites.And I believe the biggest problem is within you as a black person,you think everything good is white and everything bad is black.

When black South Africans point out all their succeses you'll quickly tell us it's because of whites,and when there is problems like last year when there electricity problems,you're happy to say blacks are running South Africa down,some even say 'welcome to Africa South Africa' with a smile.

I think as a black person and a South Africans I could proudly say we as South Africans are dealing with our issues in the best possible way.The problem is when someone come from a failed state and trying to lecture us on how we should be living our blackness.I mean you're all making noise about 56 people killed in those fights between citizens and immigrants where majority of people who died where South Africans.I don't hear you complain about hundreds of people killed in Kenya after the election,I don't hear you calling the killers names,what about the recent muslims who where killed in Nigeria in their thousands,are they not black?Or because they're killed by their brothers/countrymen does it make their killings meaningful?

Hurus where ever your from keep it there,stop worrying about issues that has nothing to do with you.If you're just a concern black man in America or europe help your brothers there.I'm sure they'll appreciate your help and I know they definetly need help.
Re: Serious Labour Shortage In South Africa by Horus(m): 2:48pm On Dec 04, 2009
I think just like most of your pals you have issues with black South Africans.I think most of you think blacks in South Africa are just AIDS ridden,criminals,alchoholics lazy people.You've created this pictures in your minds that blacks in South are takings orders from whites.And I believe the biggest problem is within you as a black person,you think everything good is white and everything bad is black.

Ok I cant read more of the rest of your post because I realise that you obliviously just overlook all of my posts or you simply dint read them at all. What made me say that? , the fact that you are saying that I believe that everything good is white and everything bad is black. is a proof that you don't come often on this forum. You should know that I am considered as one of the most Anti-white person, not only on this forum but even in the city where I live. Everybody know that I don't give a Damn about all F*****g whites on this planet. And again you are just not ready to do something for the wellbeing of our race because you see the black race with your mentality of division, opposition instead of unity. Just look at the crap that that you are saying: For you there is black from some countries and blacks from other countries instead of perceiving blacks as part of one cultural united race. It is because of your type of mentality who are interrested only in Blacks VERSUS Blacks that it is very difficult to progress for all of us.

stop worrying about issues that has nothing to do with you

All issues concerning blacks are my issues, and I have no order to receive from you, I do what I want to do to help all blacks and I don't see how you can stop me to do it, so mind your own business because me I help all black peoples, all black people are my business. People with your mentality can see one of his black people needing any kind of human help, or being abused in any manner by a white enemy, and will just stand in awe and look or laugh. Maybe you are too busy licking the pink hairry A** of the white man and this don't really allow you to see the fact.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Islamic Supremacists, Stealth Jihadists And Fools Protest Israeli Self-defense / See What Kazakhstan Does With Part 17% Of Its Oil Revenues / Obama Is A Fraud: Never Attended Columbia University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.