Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,545 members, 7,819,938 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Third Mainland Bridge Re-opening! A Traffic Disaster! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Third Mainland Bridge Re-opening! A Traffic Disaster! (785 Views)

Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) / BREAKING! Buhari Orders Re-opening Of $182m Halliburton Fraud Case-file / Photos: The Longest Banner In Nigeria Hit Third Mainland Bride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Third Mainland Bridge Re-opening! A Traffic Disaster! by sleekender(m): 7:44am On Oct 03, 2008
Since the re-opening of the third mainland bridge after its repairs and maintenance, traffic congestion has worsen all over Lagos state especially on the bridge itself!! We are left to wonder if the single lane usage is better than the double lane, which has resulted in traffic catastrophe!! angry angry angry
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Re-opening! A Traffic Disaster! by landis(m): 7:53am On Oct 03, 2008
are you saying it is now 'single lane on TMB'?

what exactly did they do?

reduced the lanes or extended?

With about 1m car every day, Lagos needs to re-think its transport system.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Re-opening! A Traffic Disaster! by favcom(m): 12:47pm On Oct 03, 2008
Hmmm, I don't know 'bout that
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Re-opening! A Traffic Disaster! by sleekender(m): 4:24pm On Oct 03, 2008
During the closure of the bridge road users took turns on using each side of the bridge consecutively. i.e going out of Lagos Island side was open 12 p.m to 12 a.m coming into Lagos Island from the mainland was open 12 a.m to 12 p.m, and traffic was less hectic. But now both side are accessible simultaneously with no time restraints, and suprisingly traffic jam has multiplied. The government should do something!!!!

Maybe re-closure of the bridge is a good option!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Re-opening! A Traffic Disaster! by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 04, 2008
Maybe people who tried to avoid business transactions that required them taking the bridge during renovation have resumed. Abi na people wey no get work just wan see as d bridge don fine reach?
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Re-opening! A Traffic Disaster! by gbolah1(m): 1:58pm On Oct 04, 2008
Lot of people suspend coming to island since the closure of the bridge and since the bridge has reopen, the business as comes to normal.

I have a particular person that told me when the closure is about to commence that until the bridge reopen before he can comes to Lagos especially island. and now the bridge as open he as started coming again.

I t just a matter of time as times goes on the traffic will be reduce and back to the way it is before
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Re-opening! A Traffic Disaster! by deor03(m): 7:15pm On Oct 04, 2008
IN addition to what gbola h said,

A lot of people dropped their cars and joined their colleagues during the closure o f the bridge, but they have all started driving their cars to the office now, thereby having more cars on the road that it was during 3rd mainland closure

(1) (Reply)

Men Of God And Their Friends / Tinubu Must Not Die Like Bola Ige — Ac / Na Wa O: Obama's Wife Is Hiv Positive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.