Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,254 members, 7,836,181 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Ugly Britain - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ugly Britain (106843 Views)

Three Nigerians Arrested At Sham Wedding In Britain / Nigerians, Highest Number Of African Criminals In Britain - UK Home Office / Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (26) (Go Down)

Re: Ugly Britain by damiso(f): 12:01pm On Oct 29, 2008
@poster while i agree with the purpose of this thread i think somehow laying the blame at the feet of diasporans is totally wrong, first of all migration is a way of life and people have always moved from one place to the other right from the word go so why would it suddenly be a no no now
secondly united states is cold ,canada is cold i have been opportuned to visit there and know they r colder than UK so i don't realli get the emphasis on uk,

would you rather have a single person leave uk and go back to a country where irrespective of the citizens wishes,the leaders are glorified armed robbers just to prove a point
so to show she is patriotic,she should leave her job here and go get a job paying 100,000 naira a month,rent  maybe a 1 bed flat in sum run down ketu or agege with mosquitos e.t.c
lastly saying diasporans energy is somewhat misplaced is a totally wrong statement,people work long hours abroad because they get paid for what they do and there are commitments,besides money is an incentive for everybody,polish,russians,europeans all work very hard in this country for money in fact the polish work harder and have better work ethics than nigerians, all because there is a working system rewarding hard wrk, where is that present in nigeriaunless you want all diasporans to move to nigeria and maybe work at pushing wheel barrows to show they are working to improve their country while politicians are busy looting and sending all the money back where they came from

I so agree with the above post.Yeah i for one want to go back to Nigeria but only when i will be able to contribute to the development by creating jobs as an enterpreneur,if all the diasporans return home dont u think the labour market would be further saturated and knowing nigerian employers,they would always prefer those with foreign degrees.If i remember correctly, there was a post by someone on this section about the growing trend of people coming from abroad to snatch up the juicy jobs at home.Yeah, i agree people should return home when they deem fit but i do not belive all diasporans returning home will be a solution to nigeria' problems.All in all sha i am an advocate for a university graduate to return home if they do not have papers.It is not worth it in the long run.There are far better prospects at home than perching around and living in constant fear.
Re: Ugly Britain by JJYOU: 12:04pm On Oct 29, 2008
ehie:

the ones who have died fighting for Nigeria didnt die in vain,
nothing is done in vain,just because u don't see rewards or eulogies doent mean they have rotted into the annals of history.
And its not only in Nigeria that Heroes are forgotten,its all over the world with the fast pace of life and constant info, most people have a very small attention span.
If u want to die and fight for a cause don't do it because of fame or eulogies,do it because u believe very strongly for it and even if u arent appreciated u are willing to take the leap.
well the bottom line is if u live for nothing,u die for nothing

try it first let me see how you enjoy it i may just copy you.  talk is cheap my dear sister.  horses for causes as the english man says.

AFAIK:

EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO TO HEAVEN BUT NOBODY WANTS TO DIE cry
sexyLeamon:

how is that related to this topic? undecided
help me ask am o. there is no paradise for foolishness.
Re: Ugly Britain by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 29, 2008
JJYOU:

try it first let me see how you enjoy it i may just copy you.  talk is cheap my dear sister.  horses for causes as the english man says.
help me ask am o. there is no paradise for foolishness.
obviously the only thing u will die for is for u urself and u,even if it means turning back on your country.u should be considered a traitor, and a leech.Oyibonaija
Re: Ugly Britain by AFAIK: 12:09pm On Oct 29, 2008
sexyLeamon:

how is that related to this topic? undecided
SORRY DON'T BEAT ME UP . I MEAN EVERYBODY WANTS GOOD COUNTRY NOBODY WANTS TO PAY THE SACRIFICE
Re: Ugly Britain by sexyLeamon(f): 12:11pm On Oct 29, 2008
AFAIK:

SORRY DON'T BEAT ME UP . I MEAN EVERYBODY WANTS GOOD COUNTRY NOBODY WANTS TO PAY THE SACRIFICE
ok my bad I could not understand because of the manner in which you said it
Re: Ugly Britain by JJYOU: 1:03pm On Oct 29, 2008
ehie:

obviously the only thing u will die for is for u yourself and u,even if it means turning back on your country.u should be considered a traitor, and a leech.Oyibonaija
sorry to disappoint you. you are wrong. i am not a self centred person. my wife and people who know me will tell you that.  my point is all you lovers of nigeria only say it with your mouth. there is no commitment i can see to prove that love.

if you checked my former name you will see this as my signature for years "Nigeria is blessed. what do you do 4 Nigeria?"

questioning lies don't equal disloyal to naija in my book. i am shocked at the level of dishonesty we tollerate in nigeria.  you don't use lies to make a point. you guys need to start loving justice and fair play in order to build a peacefull and good society.  i hate every appearance of lies and injustice no matter who is peddling it.
Re: Ugly Britain by lolo01: 1:14pm On Oct 29, 2008
I think people should just understand what this tread is all about.

It is meant to enlighten Nigerians back at home that the UK is not what you think it is.
There are the good sides and THE UGLY SIDE.

@ pafun. U are doing a nice work.

I mean do you see the rubbish this press guyz outside 9ja write about us??
Re: Ugly Britain by FBS: 1:19pm On Oct 29, 2008
can we just pay attention to the subject of the thread?

That said, I think Pafun has achieved his aim and I say good work. This is one of the best posts on Nairaland.

Who no like am can go and jump, !
Re: Ugly Britain by AFAIK: 1:42pm On Oct 29, 2008
@JJYOU
I AM SURE YOU DON'T REALISE HOW REALLY DESPERATE YOU HAVE BEEN SOUNDING IN YOUR ATTEMPT TO CONVINCE US AND YOURSELF THAT YOU ARE DOING OK IN UK cheesy

@pafun
U NO WANT MAKE I GO LONDON AFTER U DON GO YOUR OWN FINISH TAKE FOTO ? GOD DEY O sad
Re: Ugly Britain by darfur(m): 2:23pm On Oct 29, 2008
i noticed that in all of these british photos, all the roads are tarred. even the junkie neighbourhoods.
Re: Ugly Britain by matured(m): 2:37pm On Oct 29, 2008
darfor that was right,all the roads in those fotos are tarred.
but i think this thread is good at least it will tell those nigerians that are sleeping at the embassy to go back to their houses and think of something to do instead of wasting most of their time at the embassy of a country that its citizens are still looking for where to run to.
Re: Ugly Britain by carmelily: 2:39pm On Oct 29, 2008
darfur:

i noticed that in all of these british photos, all the roads are tarred. even the junkie neighbourhoods.

LOL. The road to hell is well-paved, i hear grin
Re: Ugly Britain by honeric01(m): 3:30pm On Oct 29, 2008
Imaging a nigerian who bit a policeman on his ear just to get arrested when he was about to be deported so that he could be charged for assault and then put in jail for months just to avoid coming back to nigeria. What do you call that?
Re: Ugly Britain by lucabrasi(m): 3:53pm On Oct 29, 2008
@glite
so wat if i havnt seen much of usthats besides the point im making so concern yourself with the topic on ground and less about me, btw is florida and the hot weather covering majorit of the land mass in the united states??
Re: Ugly Britain by beelala: 5:32pm On Oct 29, 2008
wowwwwww, this is the best thread for me-- because i really took time to read all the comments.

i am based in Nigeria.

Well, its cool for us to see the other side of UK but whether we like it or not, We still have a lot of work to do to take Nigeria to that level of organisation and development.

Nigeria's biggest problem is the Leaders/Military that mismanaged the country that is the reason why some of our best brains are outside the country, even the politicians and the rich guys have european citizens as kids, send their wards to recieve quality education in these Countries.

Well, its a shame the way some of those guys harassed Pafun because of these humorous thread. Well, they are britons (no more Nigerians) dont blame them.

If Nigeria gets better, or if they have the opportunities they will rush back to become Governors or Ministers. i wish them the best, but the way you guys swear now.

Ahhh!!!
Re: Ugly Britain by Glite(f): 6:01pm On Oct 29, 2008
@lucabrasi
it is hot in California , hot in Texas. . . By the way I sold the last pound notes that I have today and I couldn't get more than N195 per pound for the lot . Last week it was N218 . It will soon become "shite" money.
Re: Ugly Britain by JJYOU: 6:03pm On Oct 29, 2008
AFAIK:

@JJYOU I AM SURE YOU DON'T REALISE HOW REALLY  DESPERATE YOU HAVE BEEN SOUNDING IN YOUR ATTEMPT TO CONVINCE US  AND YOURSELF THAT YOU ARE DOING OK IN UK  cheesy

that is so cool of you. you forgot i didn't travel on your ticket and i am not responsible for what you think of me. you are a typical cheap talker. your mind and mouth are yours to use as you wish. the more you people come out with your trash, the more envy comes out as sole reason for this garbage.

do you have to be successfull to be truthfull and not swallow lies presented as facts?. it is majority yes men like you that are enemies of that country
Re: Ugly Britain by lucabrasi(m): 6:09pm On Oct 29, 2008
Glite:

@lucabrasi
it is hot in California , hot in Texas. . . By the way I sold the last pound notes that I have today and I couldn't get more than N195 per pound for the lot . Last week it was N218 . It will soon become "shite" money.
im not disputing the fact that its hot in texas,california and wherever else,the point is that majority of the united states has the usual cold weather, as for selling your pounds good for you,my own money comes from naija as well so either the pound becomes shite or not wont affect me
Re: Ugly Britain by Hugger: 6:29pm On Oct 29, 2008
Re: Ugly Britain by AFAIK: 8:59pm On Oct 29, 2008
JJYOU:

that is so cool of you. you forgot i didn't travel on your ticket and i am not responsible for what you think of me. you are a typical cheap talker. your mind and mouth are yours to use as you wish. the more you people come out with your trash, the more envy comes out as sole reason for this garbage.

do you have to be successfull to be truthfull and not swallow lies presented as facts?. it is majority yes men like you that are enemies of that country

ENVY OF YOU ? BROS YOUR CASE HAS BECOME SERIOUS.
NIGERIANS HAVE BEEN MIGRATING BEFORE YOU WERE BORN AND WILL STILL CONTINUE AFTER YOU ARE DEAD . NOBODY IS KNOCKING YOU FOR CHOOSING TO LIVE WHERE YOU ARE LIVING AND YOU SHOULD STOP BEING PARANOID . GOOD LUCK TO YOU
Re: Ugly Britain by Thor(m): 9:23pm On Oct 29, 2008
The sad reality is that even the UK shitholes are heaven compared to the filth and squalor in Nigeria cry cry
Re: Ugly Britain by reindeer: 11:44pm On Oct 29, 2008
its so sad
what i even find more worrisome is the way some Nigerians(either they like it or not, its in their blood) are having fits defending an adopted country on a hilarious thread, with attitudes like that, their country will never get better and their grand children will be born into a country where the best they'll be are 'immigrants'
Re: Ugly Britain by samix(m): 7:29am On Oct 30, 2008
reindeer:

its so sad
what i even find more worrisome is the way some Nigerians(either they like it or not, its in their blood) are having fits defending an adopted country on a hilarious thread, with attitudes like that, their country will never get better and their grand children will be born into a country where the best they'll be are 'immigrants'
Its not about being immigrants or called one, its all about getting a good life which seems practically unachievable for a magnanimous percentage of nigerians living at home. I would prefer my kids to be born british to been born as nigerians because of the inevitable fact, the numerous oppurtunities and advantages they have been british. what is good about NIGERIA? tell me, lots of things i believe but the bad things override the goodies available. have u ever had the oppurtunity of accessing the rating of nigeria in the world based on social amenities provided or rather available to its loving citizens. despite been rich we are still poor, can u explain that? no country is a bed of roses agreed but believe me nigeria is likeable to a bed of thorns. peace out shocked grin
Re: Ugly Britain by FBS: 8:34am On Oct 30, 2008
na wa o, does the topic say britain is better than Naija or Naija is better than britain, does it say it is better to be born british or to be born as a Nigerian? Have you forgotten that no one chooses where he or she is given birth to? that one is born even in space dont mean shit. you dont have 2 heads or do you?

everyone wants a good life and you can get that any where because the definition of "good life" means different things to different people.

People Migrate and will continue to and for different reasons.

I think the aim of the poster is to tell the story the way it is. That even though it is britain, it can also be full of shaite.

That said, can we kindly just stay on the subject of the thread?

@pafun: you must be a happy man. you are doing a wonderful job.
Re: Ugly Britain by Ifygurl: 9:32am On Oct 30, 2008
samix:

Its not about being immigrants or called one, its all about getting a good life which seems practically unachievable for a magnanimous percentage of nigerians living at home. I would prefer my kids to be born british to been born as nigerians because of the inevitable fact, the numerous oppurtunities and advantages they have been british. what is good about NIGERIA? tell me, lots of things i believe but the bad things override the goodies available. have u ever had the oppurtunity of accessing the rating of nigeria in the world based on social amenities provided or rather available to its loving citizens. despite been rich we are still poor, can u explain that? no country is a bed of roses agreed but believe me nigeria is likeable to a bed of thorns. peace out shocked grin

My Question to you is what have you done to improve Nigeria?
What achievement have you done to improve Nigeria?
People saying that Nigeria is getting better that the road are getting fixed but yet the reason it's getting better is because of Nigerian aboard coming home and helping to fix Nigeria up.
I know this Nigerian surgeon that moved back to Nigeria after 12 years of being a suregeon in America. In the side he stays act, the treatment there are getting better because of him and few other people.
He said he stayed in America for 12 years because he wanted to practice on Americans till he becomes a great surgeon(and he is, so at least we can say we didn't get a bad suregon right? LOL) grin

Anyway

What are you doing to help Nigeria? Or are you sitting in a chair sipping coca cola waiting for others to fix that country up and then you run back to Nigeria expecting to take in the benefit of other people's work?

It took America about 180 years before it became what it is. After their independence from Britian; it took them awhile to fix their country and not only that; the Slaves made America want it is today.

For Germany, their people fixed up that country after world war 2.
For alot of other countries, both the government and the people help fix their country.

Now i ask Nigerians that complain about this and that. What have you people done to help Nigeria, other than your family in Nigeria.
What contribution have you done?

I'm 18 years old but i told myself, i'll help Nigeria when i'm old enough and had my degree.

To me if your a Cab driver or whateva aboard. Then stay aboard, ain't nothing you can teach Nigerians. Hell you should come back, Nigerians can teach you something about how to drive a cab, LOL grin
Re: Ugly Britain by samix(m): 9:39am On Oct 30, 2008
FBS:

na wa o, does the topic say britain is better than Naija or Naija is better than britain, does it say it is better to be born british or to be born as a Nigerian? Have you forgotten that no one chooses where he or she is given birth to? that one is born even in space don't mean shit. you don't have 2 heads or do you?

everyone wants a good life and you can get that any where because the definition of "good life" means different things to different people.

People Migrate and will continue to and for different reasons.

I think the aim of the poster is to tell the story the way it is. That even though it is britain, it can also be full of shaite.

That said, can we kindly just stay on the subject of the thread?

@pafun: you must be a happy man. you are doing a wonderful job.

dude i believe the poster's notion or rather the way he presented his argument connotes that. being born british is full of advantages with not evident disadvantage, that does not mean i am british but would have rather loved to be, nevertheless it shouldn't connote i hate being nigerian, i love it and won't trade it now but i hate the system because its useless and stinks disgustingly and sometimes i feel like puking.
Re: Ugly Britain by samix(m): 9:58am On Oct 30, 2008
Ifygurl:

My Question to you is what have you done to improve Nigeria?
What achievement have you done to improve Nigeria?
People saying that Nigeria is getting better that the road are getting fixed but yet the reason it's getting better is because of Nigerian aboard coming home and helping to fix Nigeria up.
I know this Nigerian surgeon that moved back to Nigeria after 12 years of being a suregeon in America. In the side he stays act, the treatment there are getting better because of him and few other people.
He said he stayed in America for 12 years because he wanted to practice on Americans till he becomes a great surgeon(and he is, so at least we can say we didn't get a bad suregon right? LOL) grin

Anyway

What are you doing to help Nigeria? Or are you sitting in a chair sipping coca cola waiting for others to fix that country up and then you run back to Nigeria expecting to take in the benefit of other people's work?

It took America about 180 years before it became what it is. After their independence from Britian; it took them awhile to fix their country and not only that; the Slaves made America want it is today.

For Germany, their people fixed up that country after world war 2.
For alot of other countries, both the government and the people help fix their country.

Now i ask Nigerians that complain about this and that. What have you people done to help Nigeria, other than your family in Nigeria.
What contribution have you done?

I'm 18 years old but i told myself, i'll help Nigeria when i'm old enough and had my degree.

To me if your a Cab driver or whateva aboard. Then stay aboard, ain't nothing you can teach Nigerians. Hell you should come back, Nigerians can teach you something about how to drive a cab, LOL grin
i might be a cab driver, its a possibility but am not. today i can call myself a professional in my chosen field. what is the system like there? does the existing system permit one to change things? does the system provide the basic amenities to kickstart the assistance required of us? what is the state of electricity, roads, water, infrastructure like? what is the present percentage of unemployment at the moment? in reality do u think the country is moving forward, stagnant or backwards? no doubt the present system sucks believe me, definitely nigeria will be my beloved country but i am not ready to stake my future yet for a country thats in no way ready to move forward. nigerians are rated the happiest people on earth when it is wallowing in poverty, what does it mean to you? believe me i have helped in my little way to develop nigeria for a full year.
Re: Ugly Britain by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 30, 2008
I DONT SEE THE REASON HERE WHY OUR NIGERIANS IN THIS THREAD ARE HATIN Pafun, THIS IS EXACTLY HOW THE WESTERN WORLD MEDIA PORTRAYS AFRICA AND NIGERIA, SOME NIGERIAN FOOLS LIKES TO BE LAST CLASS WORLD CITIZENS AND NEVER BELIEVE NOTHING IS GOOD IN NAIJA. THINK THIS IS NICE

pAFUN KEEP IT UP, N Bleep THEM ALL
Re: Ugly Britain by Andrenaly(m): 5:52pm On Oct 30, 2008
I hv alots of pixz like dat if u need more of, here is mail addresssssss: lasttemptsquard_wafi@yahoo.com, if the there is any request from u there should be honey behind it, lol
Re: Ugly Britain by opuro(m): 6:16pm On Oct 30, 2008
kai I still hope people will love
naija the way they love londoner london
pafun
you try o
and banorable seun no ban you for this!
Re: Ugly Britain by opuro(m): 6:26pm On Oct 30, 2008
infact nairaland don change o
if not, pafun
na letter bomb people like davidylan and co for send to you
na dem banorable de use to flog nigeria and islam
Re: Ugly Britain by Pap: 6:41pm On Oct 30, 2008
Thank you Pafun for such a wonderous post.
May God give you unparralelled, unequalled and indescribable destruction to your entire family.
Bastid.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (26)

Tanker Fire On Lagos Ibadan Expressway: Corpses Evacuated, Eyewitness Accounts / Nigerian In Philippines Displays Relief Items Given To Him By Government / Preparing For PTE? Get In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.