Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

6 Months United States Visa ! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 6 Months United States Visa ! (1143 Views)

Can I Be Allowed To Travel To Dubai For Shopping Cos Am 6 Months Pregnant / United States Visa Waiver Program And Africa / You Can Travel To Switzerland From Uk If You Hold >=6 Months Valid Leave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Months United States Visa ! by mryellow: 12:14pm On Oct 03, 2008
Nairalanders,My friend and her fiancee just got a 6 months United States visa.He told me to seek the opinions of all nairalanders if they can get married in the States before the 6 months Visa expires or if the lady can have her baby there cos she is pregnant, What are there chances if they have the baby in the States, Pls kindly reply with piece of advices.
Re: 6 Months United States Visa ! by Reese1: 3:10pm On Oct 03, 2008
Hey Mryellow, in response to your question, don't quote me on this cuz I'm not 100% sure but I believe them marrying in the U.S. won't do them much of any good. They'll still have to leave cuz 6 months is 6 months. The only way they can stay is if they got a fiancee visa and your friend is already a U.S. citizen and then her fiancee can stay. But if what they got was a regular 6 month stay visa, they have to leave after 6 months, regardless of what they do.

Now, if she has a baby there, unfortunately that doesn't do her much good until the baby turns 18 and can file for both of them to become residents then citizens, so unfortunately, in this case too they'll have to leave but the baby is still considered a U.S. citizen though; and he or she can file for the parents when he's 18.

But check this info though to make sure it's accurate but that's how I think it works. For more info check the US immigration website at www.uscis.gov
Re: 6 Months United States Visa ! by mryellow: 3:17pm On Oct 03, 2008
Thank you Reese,i really appreciate you advice, They didnt got a fiancee visa, Just normal visa.
Re: 6 Months United States Visa ! by realcool: 10:21am On Oct 06, 2008
i have friend who travels to the USA to give birth all her children are USA citizen but am not sure but i think they have USA passport or a clearance document,because when they notice the woman travel to USA to give birth she was refused a visa, it was in her records,it was the 5th visa, but then she wasn't pregnant this time,but the husband still have a valid visa and the husband take the children for holiday,without the children going to embassy for visa but the woman has been given a visa now again.so from what i think if they give birth the child will have a passport but till the child is 18 years, that doesn't do them any good.
Re: 6 Months United States Visa ! by demi2008(f): 4:33pm On Oct 09, 2008
since she's got d visa i'll advise she have her baby there bcoz the child would be an american citizen as per the parents i dont know how they would go about it b4 the child turns 18 when the child can file for them or better still y dont they apply for student visas after schooling they can apply for a work permit

(1) (Reply)

Help / TEN WORLD'S FRIENDLIEST Countries....canada Is 4th / Official Price Of International Passport....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.