Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,975 members, 7,810,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Oil And Niger Delta (conflict) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oil And Niger Delta (conflict) (1026 Views)

A Tribute To The Beautiful Itsekiris Of The Niger Delta / Niger Delta Attire. / Igbo/Niger Delta Women, Please Leave Our Yoruba Men Alone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oil And Niger Delta (conflict) by Ezinwannem: 4:23pm On Oct 03, 2008
Hello Everyone,
Hope everyone is doing well. I need you peoples help especially those that have been following the crisis in the Niger Delta. I have a research essay to write the relationship between Natural Resources and Conflict. I have decided to write about Oil and Niger Delta.
I am asking for people’s insight that is in essence to brainstorm with me as I go through the essay process.

I will argue in the paper that the oil which used to be a blessing to Nigeria has turned out to be a curse.

One of my body paragraphs will highlight the history of oil production etc in Nigeria and the oil companies currently present in Nigeria (which will also outline how oil have helped Nigeria in the earlier years).

2nd paragraph will highlight the negative impact of the oil in Nigeria (the conflict happening there now)-why it is so and what should be done? Is there any policies preventing these oil companies from building Infrastructure in that region?

Thank you all for your contribution
Re: Oil And Niger Delta (conflict) by toshmann(m): 9:15pm On Oct 03, 2008
hello dear,

you can start from here. when you finish reading the article you will find more websites therein that you can explore and get more facts. you can also use your school library website as i'm sure it will have access to some websites that you ortherwise may have to pay to access. use search engines like google etc and use keywords like nigeria niger-delta, oil, history, foreign companies, environmental impact assessment,health impact assessment, social impact etc

i hope it will help you. keep it up baby, i did a similar topic as a student in the UK

cheers,( pro unitate FGC, Okigwe)

toshmann

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria / World Igbo Day September 28 & 29th 2011-say Nice Things To Nd'igbo / Top 10 African Instagram Pictures Of The Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.