Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,245 members, 7,822,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

World Igbo Day September 28 & 29th 2011-say Nice Things To Nd'igbo - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / World Igbo Day September 28 & 29th 2011-say Nice Things To Nd'igbo (1028 Views)

Igbo Day In Abuja: Onu, Ezeife, Uwazuruike Attend (photos) / Ndigbo Celebrates Igbo Day At Asaba, Delta State / World Igbo Congress Holds Sept 2-5 In Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Igbo Day September 28 & 29th 2011-say Nice Things To Nd'igbo by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 28, 2011
Today and tomorrow are Igbo days.  I remember General Odumegwu Ojukwu and those who fought and sometimes died in the process of resisting the wave of genocide targeted on the Igbo starting from September 29, 1967 all over Nigeria. 

Today as an Igbo, I say thank you to the gallant defenders of Nd'Igbo during the pogrom.  Some of you had to die so that I may live. For Gen. Emeka Ojukwu, I wish you a speedy recovery. Today I remember you for your foresight and fortitude.

For me these two days are days for reflections. What about you?
Re: World Igbo Day September 28 & 29th 2011-say Nice Things To Nd'igbo by AndreUweh(m): 10:03pm On Sep 28, 2011
Ndigbo worldwide, my special greetings to you all. For those in and around London, there will be a book launch in remembrance to the Asaba and other Massacres in Igboland on Friday 30/09/11. I will post details soon.
Igbo Ekelem unu.
Re: World Igbo Day September 28 & 29th 2011-say Nice Things To Nd'igbo by lepasharon(f): 2:43am On Sep 29, 2011
world ibo day ke? kmt man kmtt!
Re: World Igbo Day September 28 & 29th 2011-say Nice Things To Nd'igbo by udezue(m): 6:12am On Sep 30, 2011
The next 1 should be held in Rivers, Delta or Edo state to truly give our Igbo siblings outside of SE a greater sense of belonging to the larger Igbo family. Even CrossRivers or Akwaibom since our Aro brothers are there as well.
Re: World Igbo Day September 28 & 29th 2011-say Nice Things To Nd'igbo by udezue(m): 6:17am On Sep 30, 2011
Our Iganke brothers are really fighting an uphill battle to free themselves from the Bini and join their Anioma / Ika kit and kin in Delta state. They have a group on facebook. They are making it clear to us that they are not Bini or Edo and don't want to be confused as such.

(1) (Reply)

African Folktale: The Snake, The Farmer, And The Heron / Why Are Igbos Such Cry Babies? / Wasiu Ayinde Is Mayegun Of Oyo Not Yorùbá Land : Prince Adedoyin Ologbenla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.