Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria (27703 Views)

Slum2school Project, A Wonderful Initiative Worth Supporting / T.b. Joshua And His Charitable Ministry (part 2) / Are All Nonprofit Organizations In Nigeria Really Just Gangs Of Thieves? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by ajilore1: 4:50pm On Nov 24, 2008
Visit this site for a comprehensive list of Orphanages nationwide

http://linkachild.org/index.php?page=homes.php

Hope u'll find it useful.
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by lucabrasi(m): 10:45pm On Nov 24, 2008
@poster
the few charity organisations i know in naija have already been mentioned on here but just dropping a few lines to apreciate the thread and to say keep up the good work, like someone said we should be looking more towards fostering and i might add mentoring,this is not in nigeria as it is a little project me and my friends are working on, its till a work in progress but its basically aimed at mentoring and fostering awareness in nigeria,please we will appreciate people who wat to volunteer their time and effort to mentor children,foster and enlighten as much people as possible
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=4960797231
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by JJYOU: 7:45pm On Nov 25, 2008
lucabrasi:

@poster
the few charity organisations i know in naija have already been mentioned on here but just dropping a few lines to apreciate the thread and to say keep up the good work, like someone said we should be looking more towards fostering and i might add mentoring,this is not in nigeria as it is a little project me and my friends are working on, its till a work in progress but its basically aimed at mentoring and fostering awareness in nigeria,please we will appreciate people who what to volunteer their time and effort to mentor children,foster and enlighten as much people as possible

ajilore, :

Visit this site for a comprehensive list of Orphanages nationwide

http://linkachild.org/index.php?page=homes.php

Hope u'll find it useful.

thanks guys. please do everything you can . every nigerian child is worth helping. from my observation it is hard work. just keep at it. whatever you do don't go throwing money up front.  the people will just take the money  you wont see anything they did with it.  before you start spending put in place a robust control mechanism. good luck
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by JJYOU: 12:20pm On Nov 26, 2008
lucabrasi:

@poster
the few charity organisations i know in naija have already been mentioned on here but just dropping a few lines to apreciate the thread and to say keep up the good work, like someone said we should be looking more towards fostering and i might add mentoring,this is not in nigeria as it is a little project me and my friends are working on, its till a work in progress but its basically aimed at mentoring and fostering awareness in nigeria,please we will appreciate people who what to volunteer their time and effort to mentor children,foster and enlighten as much people as possible

you may need to create a thread to see who will volunteer or how you will get them. good luck.
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by lucabrasi(m): 12:28pm On Nov 26, 2008
JJYOU:

you may need to create a thread to see who will volunteer or how you will get them. good luck.
on nairaland cheesy grin grin
its got nothing to do with romance or sexuality so the thread ll die a natural death
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by JJYOU: 12:32pm On Nov 26, 2008
God help us.
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by JJYOU: 2:48pm On Nov 27, 2008
any more NGO's please?

oga seun help this thread to front page please. thanks
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by Hotstepper(f): 6:15pm On Nov 27, 2008
:d
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by JJYOU: 7:15pm On Nov 28, 2008
Hotstepper:

@JJYOU, r u in Nigeria because I did like u to attend ma NGO project event in Lagos on the 15th of Dec.
sorry i am not in nigeria. wish you luck with the project. thanks for doing good
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by Hotstepper(f): 7:52pm On Nov 28, 2008
no probs
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by subice(m): 3:03pm On Dec 01, 2008
Hi all, don't mean to divert from the topic but since it's a discussion on NGOs, does anyone know if there are any specific requirements to registering an NGO in Nigeria? I read that there are no proper laws/rules governing NGOs and NGOs may choose to register with CAC or not. I can't seem to find adequate information anywhere so would appreciate info from anyone that might know something about it. Thanks in advance.
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by JJYOU: 3:25pm On Dec 01, 2008
CHECK THIS http://www.usig.org/countryinfo/laws/Nigeria/International%20Reporter%20-%20NIGERIA.pdf
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by subice(m): 4:37pm On Dec 01, 2008
Thanks JJYOU.
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by JJYOU: 4:57pm On Dec 01, 2008
welcome
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by lucabrasi(m): 6:43pm On Jan 03, 2009
there r a group of nigerians in london having a fund raising dinner for the child witches of akwa ibom sometime in february,ill check for it on my evens and post it on here for ppl who are interested,we r also working on something similar on our mentoring programme ngo which ll be held in both the uk and nigeria, more info will be posted in due course
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by JJYOU: 8:36pm On Jan 03, 2009
lucabrasi:

there r a group of nigerians in london having a fund raising dinner for the child witches of akwa ibom sometime in february,ill check for it on my evens and post it on here for people who are interested,we r also working on something similar on our mentoring programme ngo which ll be held in both the uk and nigeria, more info will be posted in due course
that is okay. thanks
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by lucabrasi(m): 12:54am On Jan 04, 2009
the facebook link to the event for anyone living in london and its environs or that ll be in london during that time
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?eid=38681518601
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by JJYOU: 1:08am On Jan 04, 2009
thanks sir. well done
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by Hotstepper(f): 6:19pm On Jan 13, 2009
I am back from Nigeria where I spent my xmas hols. I accomplished a lot of things while there and one being able to deliver my NGO project to the Primary School in Surulere. Thisday Newspaper covered the event and it appeared on their newspaper on da 6th of December. The publication can be found at http://odili.net/news/source/2008/dec/6/210.html

I will post some pixs soon. visit our website at www.beaminc.org for more info. about the organization or if you want ot make a donation.

Thank you
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by JJYOU: 12:19pm On Jan 15, 2009
Hotstepper:

I am back from Nigeria where I spent my xmas hols. I accomplished a lot of things while there and one being able to deliver my NGO project to the Primary School in Surulere. Thisday Newspaper covered the event and it appeared on their newspaper on da 6th of December. The publication can be found at http://odili.net/news/source/2008/dec/6/210.html

I will post some pixs soon. visit our website at www.beaminc.org for more info. about the organization or if you want ot make a donation.

Thank you
welcome back and thanks for all you did that was very nice of you
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by JJYOU: 9:36pm On Jan 30, 2009
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by debran: 9:51pm On Feb 27, 2009
Hello everybody,

It’s been very refreshing reading all your comments and contributions on N.G.O in Nigeria.  I stumbled on this link this morning when I tried to update my knowledge on N.G.O registration in Nigeria.  Please permit me to deviate a little bit from the main topic of discussion and share my experience with you.  I have always had compassion for the less privileged and I knew at a very early age that impacting the lives of the orphans, widows, and  the less privilege is central to my destiny and I have spent the last couple of years regardless of my low financial status to fulfill this calling and purpose.  I decided to register the N.G.O since 2001 but up till now I have not received the license.  I have fulfilled all the requirements as stipulated by the law and have spent all my income and savings on this project since 2001 and it truly breaks my heart that things are the way the are.  Due to my financial status, I decided to start with the orphanage with a plan to start other units as we progress.  We have a fully furnished facility that can accommodate 10 babies and I am still paying for the maintenance and rent for the space since 2001 up till today.  I just do not understand what the problem is. The last I heard before relocating to the USA was that C.A.C relocated to another building and some files were missing, including mine.  I have done all I can and don’t seem to know what to do next.  I am thinking of closing down the facility as I do not have any more money right now to spend on an attorney that would not deliver or pay for the facility without using it.  DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT I NEED TO DO OR WHO CAN HELP ME?
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by JJYOU: 10:14pm On Feb 27, 2009
Clarion Chukwurah through her Clarion Chukwurah Initiative is holding a charitable event at planet noolywood in camberwell, London  tomorrow ( Saturday  28th feb, 2009) at 6pm. 

admission is free. 
loads of food, entertainment and inspiration.

this is for a very good cause.  to show you what the various homeless charities are doing to help the poor and helpless of our society.

she said they have a list of homes you can support directly without going through any third party.

happy weekend everyone
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by JJYOU: 1:56pm On Jun 13, 2009
Funke Akindele, Cobhams Visit Heart Of Gold Hospice

By Sandra Okafor, Lagos

Funke Akindele Actor of the Year at The Future Awards 2009, Funke Akindele, led a team of other award winners including ace music producer, Cobhams Asuquo, to the Hearts of Gold Hospice in Surulere, Lagos, recently.

Under the interventions arm of The Future Nigeria Project, the organisers of the awards took Funke Akindele, Cobhams Asuquo, Mosunmola Umoru (Business Owner of the Year), Dr. Adedayo Osholowu (Professional of the Year) and Emmanuel Etim (Best Use of Advocacy) to give donations and draw attention to the continuing needs of the orphanage and its children.

The Hearts of Gold Hospice is the only of its kind in the country, and takes care of children with special (physical and mental) needs including terminally ill children.

The winners were then given a tour, showing first hand how she has managed very little resources to save many lives.

“Some have referred to the kids that are here as children that no one else wants,” Funke said, just before leading the other winners to present their cash and material donations.

“Indeed, it is easy to love children who are cute and who are looking healthy. However, the true test of love is what we feel towards disadvantaged children who need society’s attention most.”

As Cobhams took one of the babies in his arms, Mrs. Adedoyin christened the child as Olufunke after the winners had presented their gifts.

She also got Cobhams’ commitment to be on the Hospice’s board of trustees, and revealed that Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State celebrated his birthday last year at the orphanage and has kept to his promise by completing an estate for them which will be opened on his birthdaylater this month.

The staff and the children had a swell time with the visitors, especially Funke who was in her ‘Jenifa’ character throughout the visit.

“You could see how the visit warmed their hearts and lifted their spirits,” female farmer and Business Owner of the Year winner, Mosun Umoru said. “I think that was just as important as the money and the items that we brought. You could see how stressed out the amazing staff of the orphanage and Mrs. Adedoyin were, and to be able to put a smile on their faces and to have a superstar like Funke Akindele just be so down to earth and share her time and resources with them… I was glad and blessed to be part of this today.http://www.tribune.com.ng/13062009/enter2.html#2

Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by GEW: 2:55pm On Oct 03, 2009
lucabrasi:

on nairaland cheesy grin grin
its got nothing to do with romance or sexuality so the thread ll die a natural death
your prediction is nearly coming to pass
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by thameamead(f): 1:44pm On Nov 13, 2009
80% the NGO's are a bloody con, they get millions in donations but only about 10% goes to the people that needs the money, whatever happened to the money Mo Abudu raised for her charity foundation, she's refused to say hom much was raised and how the money will be spent, i do not give no penny to no charity but i support my local refugee and asylum by buying food and toileties
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by andersoft: 10:30pm On Jan 12, 2010
Check out! this missionary organization: GLOBAL KINGDOM FOUNDATION
Global Kingdom Foundation -founded to provide hope to the poor in spiritual and practical ways through the training of leaders in discipleship environment, equiping and sending them to the lost and unreached people of the earth thereby bringing the Kingdom of God to the poor in spirit.
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by bluepro: 8:47pm On Jun 12, 2012
I understand that l kind of stumbled on this topic late, but it quite interests me and am really interested in knowing how l can get in contact with you on this. Expecting to hear from you. Thanks.
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by Bome01(m): 7:59am On Nov 22, 2013
Hmmm! This is one Thread I would visit in the nearest future! So help me God!
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by elelem(m): 10:52am On Jan 10, 2014
I just saw this post now. I hope its not too late to send in a response . One notable ngo that i know of is Ikeoha foundation , it is owned by Dr. Ike Ekweremadu . It is located at no 11 / 13 Ezillo Avenue Independence Layout Enugu . Www.ikeohafoundation.org.org . Its email address is info@ikeohafoundation.org . Their phone no is 08065500069 . They ve done so very much in the areas of youth empowerment, Adult literacy , scholarship , bursary awards, capacity building , annual quiz competition, women empowerment, widowhood out reach, health, advocacy, free ict training etc .
Re: NGO's And Charitable Organizations Worth Supporting in Nigeria by DANCINGS9: 9:15pm On Aug 24, 2014
Hi, my name is David. One of the charities i know is worth checking out in Nigeria is ARROWS OF GOD ORPHANAGE AJAH. Their contact number is +234 803 322 9698. It has been running for about 16years now. The president/founder is an ex military officer who spent a lot of years studing in the UK. A lot of orphans from the home have graduted from various universities. Ive been to the home, its very disciplined and i know its worth checking out. Your donations will always go to the right people.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Seun - Seun Osewa, Nairaland Forum Website Administrator / The Craziest Status You've Ever Seen On Any Social Media ? / Update On Moremi International Market, Ile-Ife, Osun State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.