Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,986 members, 7,852,325 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:08 PM

NYSC 2014 Batch B House - NYSC (753) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC 2014 Batch B House (622784 Views)

NYSC 2015 Batch B House / NYSC 2014 Batch C House / NYSC 2013 Batch B House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) ... (925) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by suyamasta(m): 7:43am On Aug 15, 2014
Jimwalex:
m fyn bro..hw are u doing?
Jalingo is fyn..in fact very fine.they are doing everytin here to encourage people to stay.so as result,they are nt bn too strict with us..likewise,majority of us hav bn eating frm d kitchen becouse their food is very ok.there was even a tym we ate chicken! apart frm 10k state allowance,they are doing everything to discourage relocation thru their actions.'
bt u knw what,their strategies seem to be working..though,they make redeployment forms availabe,bt i can assure u dat a lot of guys here have changed their minds to relocate. not to talk of those that are kind of confused and indecisive abt relocation,thanx to serving corpers who all hav notin bt good and positive things to say abt d state...no record of boko haram attack in da state-nt even once! d state is also d only state in da north east zone dat is nt relocated to another state..their weather is nt as harsh as other northern states.,
despite all the aforementioned positive tnz abt Taraba state,one problem remain unsolved...DISTANCE!
it is even closer to d eastern part of d country than some northern states like kaduna,katsina,sokoto etc..

CAMP EXPERIENCES..
majority of d corpers here are ibo's and yoruba's.so d two common languages here are yoruba and igbo..d mami market here is something else-always very lively.with Club 01 u can never be bored.although i dnt club,bt majority of guys here testify dat d place is WOW!
d gals here soji die! all u hav to do is ASK nd u shall be givn..lolz.though we still hav some real 'hajia's' and 'sisters' here dat refused to be soji n maintain their holy stance..
FIRE ALARM..
mehn last weekend saturday remains my worst moment in camp..d camp commandant suspectd dat some guys sneekd out of d camp.in order to be sure,he blew for fire alarm at abt 12.30 a.m!
guys got to go..dem don dey blow CHOP CHOP CORPERS beagle..make i rush b4 dem finish d food

kai dis is making sense!!! na d kain camp wey i d pray for b dis!
Ebola cannot change it
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by heemah(f): 7:57am On Aug 15, 2014
i just dey observe cuz anger no gree me type...du dey fink we av all tym to waste on NYSC?? dey had beta cancel d campin, redeploy us and post us to our prospective PPAs...Clueless set of pple!
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by physseryor(f): 8:07am On Aug 15, 2014
emeka51: Yesterday the DG of Nysc was in Delta state to
address corpers in the camp. He didn't talk about
suspension of stream || instead he said Nysc camp
clinics are ready to address any issue of Ebola.
Pls let's read today papers. Daily post carry's this
news
The management of the National Youth Service
Corps, (NYSC) says it has put strategies in place to
make state governments consider NYSC camps in
their the campaign against the Ebola Virus Disease.
The Director General of the NYSC, Brig. Gen.
Johnson Olawumi, who stated this on Thursday at
the Issele-Uku Orientation Camp, Delta State while
fielding questions from reporters, disclosed that the
NYSC scheme was in touch with all State
Commissioners of Health to incorporate NYSC
Camps into their contingency plans in case of any
suspected outbreak of Ebola or other communicable
diseases.
He added that all NYSC camp clinics had been
equipped with necessary facilities to allow the
medical personnel properly handle any suspected
patient, should the case arise
It is now very obvious that the nysc DG is a confused man.
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by lorddaywalker(m): 8:09am On Aug 15, 2014
Why are we Nigerians always act ignorant of our society? EBOLA virus can only be transmitted when d infected person is gravely ill,soap, neutraliser, sunlight, can be used to combact d virus when in contact wit infected person. Why can't dem provide bowls of water,dettol,detergent at every NYSC camp? SO WHAT IS D NYSC DG SMOKING?

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by tnuola(f): 8:15am On Aug 15, 2014
lorddaywalker: Why are we Nigerians always act ignorant of our society? EBOLA virus can only be transmitted when d infected person is gravely ill,soap, neutraliser, sunlight, can be used to combact d virus when in contact wit infected person. Why can't dem provide bowls of water,dettol,detergent at every NYSC camp? SO WHAT IS D NYSC DG SMOKING?

And possibly test everyone before we enter the camp, then teach people safety precautions. We are adults for Christ sake
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by lorddaywalker(m): 8:27am On Aug 15, 2014
tnuola:

And possibly test everyone before we enter the camp, then teach people safety precautions. We are adults for Christ sake
abi na. Infected person wen seriously ill can only transmit d disease. If d infected person is still walking,we are still safe!

2 Likes

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by marvie234: 8:35am On Aug 15, 2014
emeka51: Yesterday the DG of Nysc was in Delta state to
address corpers in the camp. He didn't talk about
suspension of stream || instead he said Nysc camp
clinics are ready to address any issue of Ebola.
Pls let's read today papers. Daily post carry's this
news
The management of the National Youth Service
Corps, (NYSC) says it has put strategies in place to
make state governments consider NYSC camps in
their the campaign against the Ebola Virus Disease.
The Director General of the NYSC, Brig. Gen.
Johnson Olawumi, who stated this on Thursday at
the Issele-Uku Orientation Camp, Delta State while
fielding questions from reporters, disclosed that the
NYSC scheme was in touch with all State
Commissioners of Health to incorporate NYSC
Camps into their contingency plans in case of any
suspected outbreak of Ebola or other communicable
diseases.
He added that all NYSC camp clinics had been
equipped with necessary facilities to allow the
medical personnel properly handle any suspected
patient, should the case arise
Dats d same thing I saw. I wonder where d 'PUT ON HOLD' thing is coming from oooo.
Abeg o.... I don book my flight ooo. No postponement should occur.

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by dotchez(f): 8:37am On Aug 15, 2014
heemah: i just dey observe cuz anger no gree me type...du dey fink we av all tym to waste on NYSC?? dey had beta cancel d campin, redeploy us and post us to our prospective PPAs...Clueless set of pple!
heemah, they arent na, na ebola cause am. that was the reason they gave. everything will be fine,pele
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 15, 2014
Hissexcellencie: This postponement abi cancellation rumour isn't funny o! After I have bought whites, tennis shoes(3) and sanitizer for camp dem wan come play rough play? Iro ni!!!! Shuuuui! Make nobody try nonsense o! *para mode activated*

grin angry
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by tnuola(f): 8:43am On Aug 15, 2014
Funny enough I just asked my friend in Delta when the nysc DG was in their camp and she said last Friday.. And then according to AIT news the Nysc DG was spoken to during his visit to kubwa camp yesterday and that was when he talked about the stream 2 being put on hold
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 15, 2014
dotchez: Let us not panic over this abeg. Everything is working for our own good. That long strike last year was for a reason, having 2 streams this year is for a reason, and for this now it is also for a reason. Allow God's plans for us work,stop murmuring a lot of pple died,most of ur course mates r no more,som got extension,som not goin for dis batch. We might go to the camp and a whole lot of us get infected(I reject it), not like I'm saying we can't get it in d market or oother gatherings,bt @least we can prevent ourselves from a whole lot of stuff, but camp where 30-50 pple stay 2geda in one small room small mistkae touching na ebola o. Make una nor vex. What will be will be. If u don't understand me nor vex ignore

@bolded grin grin

Macuwon, how many are we in this room?

200 I guess cheesy
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Nonnypikaso(m): 9:04am On Aug 15, 2014
Good news........read dis pals am so happy ........Osun and Lagos Pack ur bags. thenationonlineng.net/new/ebola-nysc-suspends-orientation-in-six-states/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by AnosikeChibueze(m): 9:12am On Aug 15, 2014
sokarsenal: . Lol.......bro even this conclusion does not convince.......Kano/kogi wasn't mentioned......KOGI has facilities to fight Ebola?..........................

Have fear......EVEN MANNYLEX is AFRAID
This Mr MANNYLEX guy is too funny grin cheesy
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by adonismuller(m): 9:20am On Aug 15, 2014
Too many different news...dunno what. To believe again...thenationonlineng.net/new/ebola-nysc-suspends-orientation-in-six- this people should not makae someone miss camp oo
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by sokarsenal(m): 9:21am On Aug 15, 2014
tnuola:

That's the sad part, but if he does sleep well, I hope he wakes up with a terrible headache.. Cuz a little part of my life has been literally put on hold with this nysc that I did not want to do in the first place.... I'm so upset
. Haha.......I feel your pain, we are in it together.....but please spare the man ,he might have done that from pressure from above, moreover he is someone's dad, we don't know the lives our parents have 'put on hold'

2 Likes

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by prixxy7(f): 9:21am On Aug 15, 2014
Nonnypikaso: Good news........read dis pals am so happy ........Osun and Lagos Pack ur bags. thenationonlineng.net/new/ebola-nysc-suspends-orientation-in-six-states/
source pls? Bros abeg, we already have too many speculations bou dis issue. D site you wrote dea aint goin thru. And I listened to newspaper news dis morning and I dint hear bou nysc ish. So pls make ur web address plain. A̶̲̥̅♏ trying it, its not goin thru
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by adonismuller(m): 9:23am On Aug 15, 2014
Too many different news...dunno what. To believe again...thenationonlineng.net/new/ebola-nysc-suspends-orientation-in-six- this people should not make someone miss camp oo
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Nonnypikaso(m): 9:27am On Aug 15, 2014
prixxy7: source pls? Bros abeg, we already have too many speculations bou dis issue. D site you wrote dea aint goin thru. And I listened to newspaper news dis morning and I dint hear bou nysc ish. So pls make ur web address plain. A̶̲̥̅♏ trying it, its not goin thru
. thenationonlineng.net/new/ebola-nysc-suspends-orientation-in-six-states/ its going tru try using operamini......just tried it now and it went true..
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by sokarsenal(m): 9:31am On Aug 15, 2014
dotchez: Let us not panic over this abeg. Everything is working for our own good. That long strike last year was for a reason, having 2 streams this year is for a reason, and for this now it is also for a reason. Allow God's plans for us work,stop murmuring a lot of pple died,most of ur course mates r no more,som got extension,som not goin for dis batch. We might go to the camp and a whole lot of us get infected(I reject it), not like I'm saying we can't get it in d market or oother gatherings,bt @least we can prevent ourselves from a whole lot of stuff, but camp where 30-50 pple stay 2geda in one small room small mistkae touching na ebola o. Make una nor vex. What will be will be. If u don't understand me nor vex ignore
. Haha...........true everything definitely happens for a reason......whether GOOD or BAD reason......but my dear EBOLA virus is not contacted by mere touching, its what u do with the hands when you have touched an infected person that transfers the virus,,,reasons simple washing and cleaning the body at intervals can prevent Ebola............Nigerians need to be enlightened..............................
SHARE THE PREVENTION , NOT THE FEAR

3 Likes

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by sokarsenal(m): 9:35am On Aug 15, 2014
adonismuller: I just hate rumors....this is what the man said. www.punchng.com/news/ebola-nysc-camps-well-equipped-says-dg/
. Bro as much as I like your trying to raise your spirits but he did say stream 2 might would be put on hold....sorry
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Hissexcellencie(m): 9:39am On Aug 15, 2014
newguy1: Im laughing in spanish

Oga, spirit dey tell u joke ni?
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by sokarsenal(m): 9:39am On Aug 15, 2014
adonismuller: I think you are the one confusing people here,I posted the link to what I saw in punch, btw,the other time you said the man said "might" now you are saying he said "we are likely to"(of which no one used those phrases initially)...after saying the DG said we are likely to,you went further to say "for now it's been put on hold" please tell me who is confusing people here! P.S...I didn't say he did or didn't or what you heard was wrong,I only posted what I saw in punch newspaper this morning.....but going by your "might " and "we are likely to" I think you should settle down and verify more about the news..... N.B....I am not saying the news you heard is wrong or right!
. Haha.......I know how eager uve been on leaving the house bro.....but you just have to pray the Ebola situation reduces before september 1st.......CALM DOWN, CALM DOWN.........
HAVE NO FEAR..........I AM NOT MANNYLEX, but I'm here

2 Likes

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Hissexcellencie(m): 9:43am On Aug 15, 2014
Mannylex:

I seriously hope you are right; because this our own time, story too much...

Because of strike last year, our service was shifted to this year, then for whatever reason instead of june, they shifted to August, because of overcrowding (in lag camp) , they shifted us to september, because of ebola, they want to shift again. Dah! Ebola gatz calm down oh... No be we get badluck pass!

Have no fear; Mannylex is here

Ma broda; d thing taya me o! Talk less of some of us wey our set mates pass out late last year or early dis year. sad
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Hissexcellencie(m): 9:46am On Aug 15, 2014
tnuola:

Lmao.. You dont wne know how many white shirts and shorts I have packed up in my box, I'm just so angry *kmt*.

na lie o! Ur own no reach my own. Not that M proud to say it sha......sad
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Hissexcellencie(m): 9:50am On Aug 15, 2014
newguy1: @ all pls r u sayin osun n lagos might hold n d remaining state will b on hold. Idonwannabliv:@ no b lagos get ebola dey reside

Ah dunno for dem o!
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by sokarsenal(m): 9:51am On Aug 15, 2014
physseryor:
It is now very obvious that the nysc DG is a confused man.
. Now you are insulting a man because of misinterpreration.......he said that to raise the hopes of people in camp, he said the other news 'on hold' to prevent a situation during stream 2.....would u have rather they send the stream 1 back home?.......I know we are angry, I'm VERY VERY angry because I quit my job as early as JUNe....but we need to tone down the insults to the DG......we are afterall the 'future generation'....we would be in positions to make such decisions soon
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by newguy1(m): 9:51am On Aug 15, 2014
Hissexcellencie:

Oga, spirit dey tell u joke ni?
no ma broda im simply amazed ni oo. Seems someone somewhere no wan make i go north......
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by emenik08: 9:52am On Aug 15, 2014
macuwon:

there are deejays.. I started as a dj.. There are presenters,reporters,writers and the sound technicians/engineers.. Am actually doing all of em grin

what about other groups apart from OBS
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by heemah(f): 9:55am On Aug 15, 2014
Hissexcellencie:

na lie o! Ur own no reach my own. Not that M proud to say it sha......sad
[color=#550000][/color]wah bou me dt ma camp box is neatly arranged and under lock n key sef?? i just dey vex snce morning..bn shoutin am tired of staying in dz house, at a point, Pman b like if u are, go and marry then...lol

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by sokarsenal(m): 10:00am On Aug 15, 2014
lorddaywalker: Why are we Nigerians always act ignorant of our society? EBOLA virus can only be transmitted when d infected person is gravely ill,soap, neutraliser, sunlight, can be used to combact d virus when in contact wit infected person. Why can't dem provide bowls of water,dettol,detergent at every NYSC camp? SO WHAT IS D NYSC DG SMOKING?
. A lot of EdUCATED Nigerians don't know this.......hear people talk around you, read comments on ebola on public forums....even here on Nairaland......then you'd know the best way to make Nigerians understand something is to 'do something that really hurts them'
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Mannylex(m): 10:04am On Aug 15, 2014
AnosikeChibueze: This Mr MANNYLEX guy is too funny grin cheesy

cool

Hissexcellencie:
Ma broda; d thing taya me o! Talk less of some of us wey our set mates pass out late last year or early dis year. sad

No be small thing! This our time get as E be....

Have no fear; Mannylex is here
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by sokarsenal(m): 10:05am On Aug 15, 2014
tnuola: Funny enough I just asked my friend in Delta when the nysc DG was in their camp and she said last Friday.. And then according to AIT news the Nysc DG was spoken to during his visit to kubwa camp yesterday and that was when he talked about the stream 2 being put on hold
. Are u still trying to convince people about the obvious?

(1) (2) (3) ... (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) ... (925) (Reply)

NYSC 2013 Batch C Corp Members House / NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members / Your NYSC Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.