Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,689 members, 7,862,158 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:01 AM

NYSC 2014 Batch B House - NYSC (768) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC 2014 Batch B House (624258 Views)

NYSC 2015 Batch B House / NYSC 2014 Batch C House / NYSC 2013 Batch B House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) (771) ... (925) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by prixxy7(f): 3:46pm On Aug 20, 2014
rationalmind:

And what is this fun they're having if I may ask?

Sleeping for four hours everyday?

Standing for lectures for 5hours?

Spending thousands of naira in exchange for 19800?

Spending thousands of naira to charge your phone?

Going for parades that adds absolutely no value to you?

Sleeping in rooms filled with smokes from cigarettes?

I sincerely don't know what fun they're talking about.
like I said and wil still say, SPEAK FOR YOURSELF! Its ur choice to have fun out of d activities in camp. And if U̶̲̥̅̊ dont like it rest. If EDO state camp a'int good, dat doesnt mean oda camps ar not good ok?! And yes, I in particular want to stand ƒø̲̣̣я̅ dat 5hrs and listen to d "boring" lecture, and I want to partake in dat drill and parade and sleep on d 3 inches mattress and queue up ƒø̲̣̣я̅ food. At least dea ȋ̝̊̅§ a STORY to tell! Some people in camp have FUN while doin dis tins bro! So speak ƒø̲̣̣я̅ urself.

6 Likes

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by wordsplay(m): 3:46pm On Aug 20, 2014
[quote author=ajasa4link][/quote]. Hey bro, yokiti! I would have loved to be on the sport CDS but I don't do any of those games they do on camp. I play for my state badminton and I'll like to be on da sport CDS. What can I do?
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 20, 2014
See wetin I dey talk. Person never rest, dem don dey blow biggle again.

Time for parades. I'm out....

Later
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by sokarsenal(m): 3:48pm On Aug 20, 2014
emeka51:
guy arsenal also Bleep my bet I for win 13345
. Me for win 38,995.33........that there na 2 months NYSC allawee.....wetin dey pain me pass be say I make a personal vow never to bet on arsenal as I dey bias towards them.......make we leave that thing sha...there is nothing we can do so no need worrying......but I fit shot Olivier Giroud right now
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by mikedimeji(m): 3:52pm On Aug 20, 2014
prixxy7: Been reading so many comments so far and I must say some peeps ar just selfish! Yes selfish ȋ̝̊̅is d word! Just becos you dont want d 3 weeks camp, you den come on here and say all sort of tins. Y do U̶̲̥̅̊ find joy in rejoicing wen people ar not happy. Wat ȋ̝̊̅§ NYSC witout experiencing d 3 weeks camping? So many people crave seriously ƒø̲̣̣я̅ dis experience, some people have rily looked forward to dis time, yet some people come on here and say d 3 weeks camping doesnt make sense, wat a selfish attitude. Self problem! Ƒø̲̣̣я̅ d fact dat it ȋ̝̊̅§ a free world and freedom of opinion doesnt mean you rejoice over people's pain. So many pretenders! And sokarsenal, ur reasoning rily baffles me. Smh!
Prixxy7, 1st pls I will want u to calm down. The truth is that good or bad let every body go an witness what the camp looks like for that 3weeks at least if for nothing the experience, more so that some of the same batch B guys are already in camp. Having said that, no thanks to EVD at this time. I have sent messages to the DG conveying our grievances, for me personally if I must tell u provided all our NYSC entitlement will be complete and We will be given our discharge certificate at the end of the schemes whatever stupid decision they decide to take at this moment is their headache. As long as they didn't say stream 2 has been suspended till further notice. We need to start encouraging ourselves to stylishly get over all this. So pls don't take it personal.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 20, 2014
prixxy7: like I said and wil still say, SPEAK FOR YOURSELF! Its ur choice to have fun out of d activities in camp. And if U̶̲̥̅̊ dont like it rest. If EDO state camp a'int good, dat doesnt mean oda camps ar not good ok?! And yes, I in particular want to stand ƒø̲̣̣я̅ dat 5hrs and listen to d "boring" lecture, and I want to partake in dat drill and parade and sleep on d 3 inches mattress and queue up ƒø̲̣̣я̅ food. At least dea ȋ̝̊̅§ a STORY to tell! Some people in camp have FUN while doin dis tins bro! So speak ƒø̲̣̣я̅ urself.

grin grin

This is like when one tells you the travails of poverty and you reply by saying, yes, I want to experience the hunger, I want to experience begging for food, I want to experience begging for transport.

Infact, I want to experience that poverty for three weeks.

Anyway, it seems you won't agree with me and I obviously won't agree with you. So I think it's better we agree to disagree at this moment

Cheers cheesy

3 Likes

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by prixxy7(f): 3:55pm On Aug 20, 2014
rationalmind:

grin grin

This is like when one tells you the travails of poverty and you reply by saying, yes, I want to experience the hunger, I want to experience begging for food, I want to experience begging for transport.

Infact, I want to experience that poverty for three weeks.

Anyway, it seems you won't agree with me and I obviously won't agree with you. So I think it's better we agree to disagree at this moment

Cheers cheesy
#thumbs down!

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by sokarsenal(m): 4:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
dannyabba:

Exactly what I was about to post. They have made their decision. It might be pleasurable to some, and otherwise to others. But what has been said, has been said. It's best to just leave it like that and looK forward to the camp-less service. Besides, complaining on NL won't change anything. If at all you want to lay a complaint, send a text to that DG's number. And like some people have been saying, it's all for a reason... A good one at that. smiley Cheer up, guys!
. A VERY VERY GOOD REASON my brother.....EBOLA virus would have not been a good reason in a country with excellent public health care sector, good awareness campaigns and citizens willing to learn, but we both know our beloved Nigeria struggles in this aspect.....so all we have to do is DEAL WITH It as it as......MAKE OF THIS WHAT YOU WILL

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by mikedimeji(m): 4:04pm On Aug 20, 2014
Sowl: News update about NYSC stream ii batch B. The Stream II State Coordinators had a meeting with the
Director General Brig. Gen. J. B. Olawumi yesterday 18th
August, 2014 at the NYSC National Directorate Headquarters,
Abuja.
At the end of the meeting which lasted for about 2 hours and
ended at about 5:58 PM, management was able to reach a
consensus that >>
There will be no conventional camp for Stream II Corps
Members ie (No Lectures, Drills, Parade, etc) only registration
which should not exceed 2days at most and they leave the
camp. They will come back in 2weeks for their posting letter.
This is very to curb all chances of prospective corps members
contacting the deadly Ebola Virus while trying to serve their
father land.
Relocation forms will also be filled alongside registration for
those interested & successful Corps members gets their
relocation letters immediately & report to the State of
relocation in 2weeks.
Corps Members will open accounts as usual & receive all
their allowances ie bicycle, transport & 1st monthly allowance
usually given on camp.
The Stream II date starts Sept 1st and ends Sept 8th (8days
only). So Stream II NYSC staff & other camp officials are
spending just 8days on camp.
NOTE: If a Corps member registers and is issued kits & gets
all allowances, he/she leaves the camp till 2wks time to
collect posting letter.

So in a nutshell no Orientation Course for Stream II Corps
members.
Once fine-tuning is completed, updates will be posted on our
website before the week runs out. The DG NYSC will grant
some press interview on the matter soonest.
Above is the summary of the update on Stream II.
You will be informed of other developments on it
subsequently.
From a reliable inside NYSC source!!
Can I call ur attention to something, pls at bold, so for that two weeks where we will be, are they saying we will travel home and come back again for the deployment letters to various PPA? Obviously NYSC is a joker, they are confused and am sure as the time they were holding this meeting they must be hungry to have unanimously agreed on this conclusive conclusion except if it's still a tentative decision.

5 Likes

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by tnuola(f): 4:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
Seriously tho, you're in camp ure not enjoying it but you've got stories to tell. People at home want to tell stories too.. I think its really not fair for those in camp right now to go on and on about how camp isn't any fun blabla.. I personally have looked forward to the three weeks for yearsss but we ain't going no wahala.. But please don't come on here going on and on about how hellish camp is, if you were in our shoes I bet you'll react this way or probably worse

4 Likes

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by sokarsenal(m): 4:08pm On Aug 20, 2014
saheed63:
yes. you're very correct.
. I remember you were the 3rd person here on this nairaland forum to tell us where you were posted to.....when u typed kano....I was laughing at you saying 'u don suffer'......13 hours later I went to school and saw Kano for myself........lol

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 20, 2014
prixxy7: #thumbs down!

cheesy cheesy
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Ojestas(m): 4:12pm On Aug 20, 2014
sokarsenal: . Hahaha....GBAM......that's Nigerians for you......it is the same people that came here to complain about rubbish toilets and hygienic conditions, regimented lifestyles, etc some days ago that would still come and act like we are missing anything we have not experienced in life before.....even my man Ojestas that was 'in spirit at home and body in camp' just 5 days into camp is now claiming I'm missing something heavenly........lol
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Ojestas(m): 4:12pm On Aug 20, 2014
cutiepie01: He came to our camp last week wednesday.He'll be visiting all camps in all the states before the end of camp.He gave us 2cows.I think he gave money too to man-o-war or so.
same here but he gave a cow
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 20, 2014
tnuola: Seriously tho, you're in camp ure not enjoying it but you've got stories to tell. People at home want to tell stories too.. I think its really not fair for those in camp right now to go on and on about how camp isn't any fun blabla.. I personally have looked forward to the three weeks for yearsss but we ain't going no wahala.. But please don't come on here going on and on about how hellish camp is, if you were in our shoes I bet you'll react this way or probably worse

You'd rather not want to hear the truth about camp? cheesy

If I were in your shoes? Trust me, my only regret is not being in your shoes. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by prixxy7(f): 4:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
mikedimeji:
Prixxy7, 1st pls I will want u to calm down. The truth is that good or bad let every body go an witness what the camp looks like for that 3weeks at least if for nothing the experience, more so that some of the same batch B guys are already in camp. Having said that, no thanks to EVD at this time. I have sent messages to the DG conveying our grievances, for me personally if I must tell u provided all our NYSC entitlement will be complete and We will be given our discharge certificate at the end of the schemes whatever stupid decision they decide to take at this moment is their headache. As long as they didn't say stream 2 has been suspended till further notice. We need to start encouraging ourselves to stylishly get over all this. So pls don't take it personal.
Tanx mike. A̶̲̥̅♏ calm. Now imagine, wat someone jx posted bou goin ƒø̲̣̣я̅ d registration and coming bk home again and den returning again ƒø̲̣̣я̅ posting letters. Imagine d waste of tfare. Tho A̶̲̥̅♏ been posted to lagos and I stay in lagos and A̶̲̥̅♏ currently in lagos, bt wat about those posted to states dat D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ r not residents in and D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ hv to travel. Y cant NYSC be considerate? Y d inconveniences? And yet some people r rejoicing over it. Dis ȋ̝̊̅§ all totally not fair seriously.
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by sokarsenal(m): 4:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
prixxy7: Been reading so many comments so far and I must say some peeps ar just selfish! Yes selfish Iis d word! Just becos you dont want d 3 weeks camp, you den come on here and say all sort of tins. Y do U̶̲̥̅̊ find joy in rejoicing wen people ar not happy. Wat ȋ̝̊̅§ NYSC witout experiencing d 3 weeks camping? So many people crave seriously ƒø̲̣̣я̅ dis experience, some people have rily looked forward to dis time, yet some people come on here and say d 3 weeks camping doesnt make sense, wat a selfish attitude. Self problem! Ƒø̲̣̣я̅ d fact dat it ȋ̝̊̅§ a free world and freedom of opinion doesnt mean you rejoice over people's pain. So many pretenders! And sokarsenal, ur reasoning rily baffles me. Smh!
. Same way as Jesus Christ saying he is the son of God baffled the majority of the jews and they killed him....so you see...........lol...............
MAKE OF THIS WHAT YOU WILL

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by sokarsenal(m): 4:18pm On Aug 20, 2014
prixxy7: Been reading so many comments so far and I must say some peeps ar just selfish! Yes selfish Iis d word! Just becos you dont want d 3 weeks camp, you den come on here and say all sort of tins. Y do U̶̲̥̅̊ find joy in rejoicing wen people ar not happy. Wat ȋ̝̊̅§ NYSC witout experiencing d 3 weeks camping? So many people crave seriously ƒø̲̣̣я̅ dis experience, some people have rily looked forward to dis time, yet some people come on here and say d 3 weeks camping doesnt make sense, wat a selfish attitude. Self problem! Ƒø̲̣̣я̅ d fact dat it ȋ̝̊̅§ a free world and freedom of opinion doesnt mean you rejoice over people's pain. So many pretenders! And sokarsenal, ur reasoning rily baffles me. Smh!
. If you want an avenue to have fun......maybe because you have been restricted by your parents your whole life.....I'd understand....but comeone NYSC has made the decision.....there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING you can do about it....NOW deal with that.......Make of that whay you will
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by sokarsenal(m): 4:22pm On Aug 20, 2014
rationalmind:

Bros, the anger inside of me as far as this camp is concerned is indescribable.

I'm really envious of you guys.

. People don't get the point.....Camp would have been fun....yes....but it isn't happening it isn't happening........well I guess taking pictures and posting on various social networks appeals to a lot of people....lol

2 Likes

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by tnuola(f): 4:24pm On Aug 20, 2014
rationalmind:

You'd rather not want to hear the truth about camp? cheesy

If I were in your shoes? Trust me, my only regret is not being in your shoes. cheesy

Thank you but I'd rather experience than hear..
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by ngozionefeli: 4:25pm On Aug 20, 2014
Okay sum stream2 guys wnt d 3wks fun, wat if dey extend our camp tins till further notice Na dat one beta pass
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by mikedimeji(m): 4:26pm On Aug 20, 2014
ATTENTION: I strongly believe that what we have on NYSC website is still a tentative decision, the reason is this pls I want us to look at it critically and objectively.
From what seems to be a report from the meeting held by the management they said we will all do registration and come back two weeks later to collect our letter of deployment to our various PPAs.

EMPHASIS: Now my emphasis is on the bold, are they saying we will come, register and travel back home to come back for letter of deployment to PPAs? So what happen to those people that do not have relatives in the town where the camp is situated what becomes of them. So I strongly feels there's still going to be logical reviews in this issues my thought though.
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by prixxy7(f): 4:26pm On Aug 20, 2014
sokarsenal: . If you want an avenue to have fun......maybe because you have been restricted by your parents your whole life.....I'd understand....but comeone NYSC has made the decision.....there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING you can do about it....NOW deal with that.......Make of that whay you will
@ bolded, lmao! You funi die I swear! Dont even have words ƒø̲̣̣я̅ you. U̶̲̥̅̊ know you always tink you ar right and you always have a way wit words. Bt you know wah? A̶̲̥̅♏ not gon exchange words wit you cos I believe dat ȋ̝̊̅§ your highest level of tinkn.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by Ojestas(m): 4:27pm On Aug 20, 2014
sokarsenal: . Hahaha....GBAM......that's Nigerians for you......it is the same people that came here to complain about rubbish toilets and hygienic conditions, regimented lifestyles, etc some days ago that would still come and act like we are missing anything we have not experienced in life before.....even my man Ojestas that was 'in spirit at home and body in camp' just 5 days into camp is now claiming I'm missing something heavenly........lol
Get me right! i don't like being misquoted. I am not Saying its heavenly and i am not saying it is not. What looks like a bad or bitter experience to me might feel good to you. Not everybody here is complaining. i love the experience. either you enjoy camping or not; i tell u, its not an experience worth missing. Despite all my complaints, i am still in camp and alive and in 6 days , m coming out with a handful of story and experience .

4 Likes

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by tnuola(f): 4:29pm On Aug 20, 2014
Ojestas: Get me right! i don't like being misquoted. I am not Saying its heavenly and i am not saying it is not. What looks like a bad or bitter experience to me might feel good to you. Not everybody here is complaining. i love the experience. either you enjoy camping or not; i tell u, its not an experience worth missing. Despite all my complaints, i am still in camp and alive and in 6 days , m coming out with a handful of story and experience .

A million and one likes....
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by cutiepie01(f): 4:29pm On Aug 20, 2014
Ojestas: same here but he gave a cow
kk.Its definitely because of our population,we were told we're the first ppl he's giving 2 cows to.We're 4003 in number.
Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by sokarsenal(m): 4:31pm On Aug 20, 2014
rationalmind:

The bolded is very true. It's really baseless.

Sorry if you feel disappointed you're not going.

I however don't think that feeling disappointment is the best thing to feel.
. Bro you of all people should know better....you can't force people to understand your point of view when they are biased towards something even if you have all the evidence and facts supporting your claims.........someone OBVIOUSLY restricted at home wants to have fun in camp....let them be.........for some other people like me if I want 'fun' for 3 weeks i'd simple take my box and go spend time with my friends in UnILAG or UNN or UniUYo and club as I like.....other people are practically LOCKED AT HOME and some are still camping in the states their parents LIVE....so apart from the 3 weeks camp its RESTRICTION all the way.....PITY THeM , DON'T CONVINCE THEm....................
MAke of This What You Will

5 Likes

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by lorddaywalker(m): 4:32pm On Aug 20, 2014
emenik08:

I no dey vex oo bt i no dey like wen pple dey pretend lyk somtin no dey pain dem. The major tin dat 95% of d pple i v seen luk 4wrd to is d campin. It is only wen we leave our comfort zone dat we will really no wat we r wired for. Most pple discover dia talent durin periods lyk dis bt due to biasd mindset or our basin judgement on wat my broda or my frnd or my sister told me one will be jubilatin dat he/she won't be goin for d '3wks hell fire'. Its quite funny
sure we all looking 4wad to d camping,but now that there won't b any camp nko? Wetin man go do?

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by tnuola(f): 4:33pm On Aug 20, 2014
sokarsenal: . Bro you of all people should know better....you can't force people to understand your point of view when they are biased towards something even if you have all the evidence and facts supporting your claims.........someone OBVIOUSLY restricted at home wants to have fun in camp....let them be.........for some other people like me if I want 'fun' for 3 weeks i'd simple take my box and go spend time with my friends in UnILAG or UNN or UniUYo and club as I like.....other people are practically LOCKED AT HOME and some are still camping in the states their parents LIVE....so apart from the 3 weeks camp its RESTRICTION all the way.....PITY THeM , DON'T CONVINCE THEm....................
MAke of This What You Will

Quite funny that your definition of fun is hanging out and clubbing... Eishh..

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by mikedimeji(m): 4:34pm On Aug 20, 2014
Pls let's encourages ourselves on this subject matter it's not a palatable one. A lot of people crave for this camp of a thing and now their hopes seems to have been dash though i still believe some reasonable review will still take place concerning this non camping of a thing. We are different beings with different mind capacities, let's not assume every body is like us. For me I careless, I have had real camp experience (paramilitary training) for three months where we do rigorous man o war drills, parade, lectures, mammi experience and all sort and I know it's not palatable as well that's why am not bordered but for others we need to reason with them and encourage them

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by sokarsenal(m): 4:35pm On Aug 20, 2014
Ojestas: Get me right! i don't like being misquoted. I am not Saying its heavenly and i am not saying it is not. What looks like a bad or bitter experience to me might feel good to you. Not everybody here is complaining. i love the experience. either you enjoy camping or not; i tell u, its not an experience worth missing. Despite all my complaints, i am still in camp and alive and in 6 days , m coming out with a handful of story and experience .
. Get me right too.......I WANT TO CAMP FOR 3 weeks.....I was looking forward to it.....because I like a place full of crowd, I stand out in such enviroments.......but it is not happening SIMPLE and as you said people would still be alive as they didn't camp............................And I NEVER quoted you saying it was heavenly............I quoted what you said some days ago about the spirit being at home.........and I am right, u did say that...........................
Make of this what you will

1 Like

Re: NYSC 2014 Batch B House by emenik08: 4:36pm On Aug 20, 2014
sokarsenal: . True somepeople in stream II are SORE GRAPES e dey pain them say them no camp, but they are just making themselves feel better....but my point is there is no SERIOUS reason that should be your problem, except you have planned to go drink yourself to stupor and act so stupid as to have sex and other silly things in camp.....things you can do any other day

The same reason y i joined dis house is d same reason y i want to go to that camp. No laff me oo bt i no dey drink n s*x na taboo for my dictionary.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) (771) ... (925) (Reply)

NYSC 2013 Batch C Corp Members House / NYSC Batch A 2016 Stream 2 Corp Members / Your NYSC Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.