Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,931 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (917449 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:26am On Sep 27, 2019
nonhuman:
thank you Gazuz, the other incidents you mentioned i dont really understand them, like the ecu and ignation problems, but i will go by your first answer because i dont have 5k to do diagnosis

go to this place , diagnosis is 2500.

Rad Auto Works

Eleganza bus stop, Lekki Penninsula II, Lekki
0803 419 7461 https://g.co/kgs/uoyzig

Mine costs ₦10,000 so no need to add my address.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by martyns200(m): 6:26pm On Sep 27, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Some one disconnected the oil pressure switch. Reconnect it

Thank you sir, would do that asap
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Stormyweather(m): 11:12am On Sep 29, 2019
Good morning all. Yesterday my VSC light, trac control light and vrake light came on after starting the vehicle and wont go off. Check engine light is not on. Also my tyre pressure warning light kept flashing but rain won't let me guage my tyre. What is the cause of the vsc, trac and flashing trye pressure?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by oluwaseunla(m): 12:18pm On Sep 29, 2019
Stormyweather:
Good morning all. Yesterday my VSC light, trac control light and vrake light came on after starting the vehicle and wont go off. Check engine light is not on. Also my tyre pressure warning light kept flashing but rain won't let me guage my tyre. What is the cause of the vsc, trac and flashing trye pressure?

Which car? Run a scan. Do you mean brake light came on yesterday and won't go off too?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Stormyweather(m): 12:21pm On Sep 29, 2019
oluwaseunla:

Which car? Run a scan. Do you mean brake light came on yesterday and won't go off too?
yes sir. Check engine light is off. 05 highlander
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by alijusty: 1:35pm On Sep 29, 2019
Hello fellow Nairalanders,

please could you kindly inform me as to which Engine oil is the best in Nigeria currently
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Stormyweather(m): 3:35pm On Sep 29, 2019
Stormyweather:
extra details: my brake for some days now have become too free and my steering shakes. Gazzuzz how far na biko
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:17pm On Sep 29, 2019
Stormyweather:

check brake oil level
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kaz4sure2015: 6:26pm On Sep 29, 2019
Good evening my people , please what could be responsible for my Lexus RX 300 making cracking sound when turning the steering wheel most especially when reversing at low speed
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seunoj: 8:02am On Sep 30, 2019
Boss,
Pls wch power steering oil is good for Toyota Camry 2004 model
Tnx for your response.

Cc: Nurey, kingreign, trygo
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 8:22am On Sep 30, 2019
seunoj:
Boss,
Tnx for your response.

ATF dextron 3 is the recommended clearly written on the reservoir cap. if you see dextron 6 good for you as dextron 3 was replaced by dextron 6

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 8:41am On Sep 30, 2019
seunoj:
Boss,
Tnx for your response.

Dextron ii or dextron iii only just as
nurey:

ATF dextron 3 is the recommended clearly written on the reservoir cap. if you see dextron 6 good for you as dextron 3 was replaced by dextron 6
Has said
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Stormyweather(m): 8:56am On Sep 30, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

check brake oil level
thanks. I just did, its in between max and low. What next please?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:25am On Sep 30, 2019
Stormyweather:
thanks. I just did, its in between max and low. What next please?

Na scan sure pass
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seunoj: 10:37am On Sep 30, 2019
kingreign:

Dextron ii or dextron iii only just as
Has said

Thank you ( king, Nurey, Gazz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Stormyweather(m): 11:07am On Sep 30, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Na scan sure pass
i pumped all tyres 40psi (highlander) now all lights are out including the brake light.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:21am On Sep 30, 2019
Stormyweather:
i pumped all tyres 40psi (highlander) now all lights are out including the brake light.

uncle instructions on the door panel says 32/35 psi where did u get 40 from?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Stormyweather(m): 11:33am On Sep 30, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

uncle instructions on the door panel says 32/35 psi where did u get 40 from?
chai! I saw it on the tyre
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by ParkiaZerm(m): 5:36pm On Sep 30, 2019
Pls how much is the price of 2003 honda Accord i4 toks engine and gearbox mine started consuming engine oil last month and my mechanic recommend changing the engine is the best solution and also he recommend changing the gearbox
Your opinions are appreciated. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by marshalcarter: 10:58pm On Oct 01, 2019
I've been asking for a long time now.. please oooooh how much can i get a Toyota Sienna bus...with its complete seats
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by neyop85(m): 4:13pm On Oct 03, 2019
hello house,

my Honda DC gear stick flickers on the dashboard when i try changing gears, the transmission is perfect, gears change normally when in motion but when i try putting the gear in park, it doesnt enter park until i tap the gear stick several times. When i put into drive, it enters into drive but the 'D' light wouldn't turn on until i tap the stick. i think it has to do with something under the gear stick. Honda experts, pls what do i need to do?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by neyop85(m): 4:14pm On Oct 03, 2019
ParkiaZerm:
Pls how much is the price of 2003 honda Accord i4 toks engine and gearbox mine started consuming engine oil last month and my mechanic recommend changing the engine is the best solution and also he recommend changing the gearbox
Your opinions are appreciated. Thanks

gear should be 90k and engine should set u back 150k.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mrford(m): 6:24pm On Oct 03, 2019
Huw:

Igboro My fav advert right now � grin

Me too. That guy de give me joy.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Stormyweather(m): 6:23am On Oct 04, 2019
Stormyweather:
update

I explained to my mech that my brake gets very hot and he said its the caliper, yesterday he fixed it and the lights disappeared except for vsc and trac off. This morning, the lights came back on. Also he removed my radiator to fix a leak and removed battery to clean the terminal, now check engine light is on. Although the check engine light wasn't on previously. What could be the cause please?

2005 highlander I4 engine
Gazzuzz biko
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:42am On Oct 04, 2019
Stormyweather:
update

I explained to my mech that my brake gets very hot and he said its the caliper, yesterday he fixed it and the lights disappeared except for vsc and trac off. This morning, the lights came back on. Also he removed my radiator to fix a leak and removed battery to clean the terminal, now check engine light is on. Although the check engine light wasn't on previously. What could be the cause please?

2005 highlander I4 engine
Gazzuzz biko

The problem is you without deep automotive knowledge now taking your vehicle to the roadside mechanic that has knowledge from the 1980s.

For the check light you have to scan, something is definitely damaged.

For the radiator, go and buy a new one.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Stormyweather(m): 6:44am On Oct 04, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

The problem is you without deep automotive knowledge now taking your vehicle to the roadside mechanic that has knowledge from the 1980s.

For the check light you have to scan, something is definitely damaged.

For the radiator, go and buy a new one.
cry ok I'll do that
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Johnsonkeyz2019: 5:28pm On Oct 04, 2019
I Greet All
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by glambo(m): 12:01am On Oct 05, 2019
I bought a tokubo Toyota Camry 2003 about 4 months ago, but I notice that the fuel consumptions seems to be on the high side.
I use about 13liters over 60km drive daily. Mixed of city and highway driving.
Attach is the history of my fuel usage. Found this application online and use it to monitor my fuel usage.
Please is this normal.
The consumption is measured in Kilometer/ litre.
From what I checked online (28mpg- 35mpg) the consumption shouldnt be DAT high.
Please what could b the problem

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by seanfer(m): 6:56am On Oct 05, 2019
glambo:
I bought a tokubo Toyota Camry 2003 about 4 months ago, but I notice that the fuel consumptions seems to be on the high side.
Attach is the history of my fuel usage. Found this application online and use it to monitor my fuel usage.
Please is this normal.

Something is wrong with your car. Get it scanned don’t let Mechanics guess or throw parts without knowing what’s the problem. You’re supposed to be using between 6-7 liters for that journey.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Joe4lv(m): 12:43am On Oct 09, 2019
glambo:
Please is this normal.

Please, what is the name of that app and where can I download it thanks?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by mumayo: 5:11am On Oct 09, 2019
please I need expert opinion. my Mitsubishi Chariot (GDI) suddenly stopped after a sound while on motion. called my mechanic who informed me that the Timing belt has cut and that I have to buy a new engine. please is this in line because the price he's quoting for a tokunbo engine don weak me

(1) (2) (3) ... (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.