Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (915120 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ayara222: 9:45pm On Nov 03, 2019
Presently I use Quarts 5000
GAZZUZZ:

quarts 5000 or quarts 9000? What do you use?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:37am On Nov 04, 2019
Ayara222:
My Toyota Camry 2008 model is misbehaving. Just noticed the engine oil dries upto the bottom dot on the oil gauge under a week after service, what could be wrong please, what is the appropriate oil to use? using TOTAL presently, SMH

Rebuild engine. Piston rings and valve stem seals replacement
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 8:03am On Nov 04, 2019
opomulero:

i took it to diagnostic center, when it has a misfiring issue and comprehensive scan was carried out using (ednutalo automotive services ibadan, oyo state)

everything was fine but they noted that pump pressure was low, i was advised to change it but i did not that time.

02 sensors and the catalyst was tested that time and it was ok, this P0420 was there too that time

You need to take it to a different place. It's catalytic converter and/or oxygen sensors. Very slim chance exhaust leak.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by MotorGuru: 1:10pm On Nov 04, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Ayara222:
My Toyota Camry 2008 model is misbehaving. Just noticed the engine oil dries upto the bottom dot on the oil gauge under a week after service, what could be wrong please, what is the appropriate oil to use? using TOTAL presently, SMH

When doing this,

Ensure you get the exact ( or upgraded exact) piston rings for that specific 2azfe engine fitted to your vehicle.

the 2AZ-FE engines that come with the 2008 camry is not exactly the same with that of the 2002-05 engine with respect to the piston rings and pistons.

This is where part numbers will come in handy
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by gameboy55: 7:49am On Nov 05, 2019
ojeysky:

Kai Bros why you go that far na.....Kai! I hope you returned back to the previous brain box though. I had cylinder 2 misfire on my HL when it came in toks, swapped coils, plugs and injector to confirm that all those are fine. The valve was the culprit, so engine had to be opened to change the valve for cylinder 2. I am not a guru but am close to believe that is the issue you have as well.

I ve installed back the previous brainbox since the problem persist. Someone(Aunty Rad) adviced earlier I go for compression test, and it seems the value is the culprit like ur sugestion. I ve booked for the valve change already but not done yet due to tight schedule.
Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 8:21am On Nov 05, 2019
gameboy55:

I ve installed back the previous brainbox since the problem persist. Someone(Aunty Rad) adviced earlier I go for compression test, and it seems the value is the culprit like ur sugestion. I ve booked for the valve change already but not done yet due to tight schedule.
Thanks.
wink
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Tolzeal(m): 5:46pm On Nov 05, 2019
Please, I'm willing to top up coolant on my Lexus ES 350 purchased TOKs. I have no idea which is right to use. I couldn't see any coolant in the reservoir as well to decide what best coolant to buy using colour variation as determinant.

Please help on right to purchase.

cc: Radautoworks, GAUZZ
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:39pm On Nov 05, 2019
Tolzeal:
Please, I'm willing to top up coolant on my Lexus ES 350 purchased TOKs. I have no idea which is right to use. I couldn't see any coolant in the reservoir as well to decide what best coolant to buy using colour variation as determinant.

Please help on right to purchase.

cc: Radautoworks, GAUZZ

https://www.nairaland.com/5210120/gazzuzz-autos-part-store

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by awele186: 7:43pm On Nov 05, 2019
Please which car is better in maintenance, reliability. A Honda accord 2014 and lexus es350 2010
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 7:04am On Nov 06, 2019
Good Morning

Please I’m having an issue with my car (ES 350 2010) upholstery.
The front seats leather was recently changed, it now dents easily and it’s not good at all. Like jean stains everywhere, the seat is practically blue-black now. Original color is cream (off white)

Unlike the back seats which wasn’t changed. It doesn’t dent at all.

Please what can be done?
Thanks

cc: Gazzuz, radautoworks, kingreign
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:08am On Nov 06, 2019
9twalker:
Good Morning

The front seats leather was recently changed, it now dents easily and it’s not good at all. Like jean stains everywhere, the seat is practically blue-black now. Original color is beige.

Please what can be done?
Thanks

cc: Gazzuz, radauto works, king reign

Do it again, this time try a different person

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 06, 2019
So the quality/type of the leather used is the culprit ?

GAZZUZZ:

Do it again, this time try a different person

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:09am On Nov 06, 2019
awele186:
Please which car is better in maintenance, reliability. A Honda accord 2014 and lexus es350 2010

Hard choices, Hard choices.

Kingreign what say you?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:10am On Nov 06, 2019
9twalker:
So the quality/type of the leather used is the culprit ?

Very obvious.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 7:11am On Nov 06, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Very obvious.

Okay, any recommendations?

Thanks for your time
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:45am On Nov 06, 2019
9twalker:

Okay, any recommendations?

Thanks for your time

contact unavailable
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KINGreignn: 10:55am On Nov 07, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Hard choices, Hard choices.

Kingreign what say you?

Newer is better.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KINGreignn: 10:56am On Nov 07, 2019
9twalker:
Good Morning

The front seats leather was recently changed, it now dents easily and it’s not good at all. Like jean stains everywhere, the seat is practically blue-black now. Original color is cream (off white)

Please what can be done?
Thanks

cc: Gazzuz, radautoworks, kingreign

Poor quality PU leather was used.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by joshyo1(m): 4:48pm On Nov 07, 2019
I BOUGHT AN ABRO INJECTOR CLEANER, AFTER POURING IT INTO MY TANK WITH A FUEL OF 4K, IMMEDIATELY I RESTARTED MY ENGINE, ENGINE CHECK LIGHT CAME ON AND HAS BEEN LIKE THAT, WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM PLEASE AND WHAT SHOULD I DO
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by drakeskull(m): 5:44pm On Nov 07, 2019
joshyo1:
I BOUGHT AN ABRO INJECTOR CLEANER, AFTER POURING IT INTO MY TANK WITH A FUEL OF 4K, IMMEDIATELY I RESTARTED MY ENGINE, ENGINE CHECK LIGHT CAME ON AND HAS BEEN LIKE THAT, WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM PLEASE AND WHAT SHOULD I DO

STOP buying abro!!! If you need to use injector cleaner, buy Mobil or Total cleaner.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:17pm On Nov 07, 2019
joshyo1:

Has nothing to do with the cleaner you poured. Scan your vehicle and post the codes . If you are in Lagos bring it in for a free scan.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by AshipaEk0: 10:26pm On Nov 07, 2019
What in the world is wrong with Abro?

You people are just funny with these unnecessary sentiments.

I'm quite sure you can't say one thing that's wrong with the product beyond 'its abro'

Maybe y'all think the product is from Ikorodu
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by stevekinton: 11:04am On Nov 08, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

I'm facing the same problem with my Camry 2003 (Big Daddy)... Haven't fixed it though.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by aje33: 12:06pm On Nov 08, 2019
If you scan , you will get a code saying "system too rich"

The mix going into your engine is too rich due to what you poured. Use up the fuel completely and buy fresh clean fuel (full tank maybe). Code will disappear after a while.
joshyo1:
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by joshyo1(m): 6:37pm On Nov 08, 2019
aje33:
If you scan , you will get a code saying "system too rich"

The mix going into your engine is too rich due to what you poured. Use up the fuel completely and buy fresh clean fuel (full tank maybe). Code will disappear after a while.
aii thanks, but what if I add more fuel now, any disadvantage?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 09, 2019
KINGreignn:

Poor quality PU leather was used.
Thanks for your response. What can be done now to remedy this. I have small OCD.. so the stained drives me crazy.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KINGreignn: 5:30pm On Nov 09, 2019
9twalker:

Thanks for your response. What can be done now to remedy this. I have small OCD.. so the stained drives me crazy.

Sorry but you have to redo the upholstery again but this time, insist on very good quality leather or high quality vinyl.
Alternatively, you could install a seat cover.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 09, 2019
KINGreignn:

Sorry but you have to redo the upholstery again but this time, insist on very good quality leather or high quality vinyl.
Alternatively, you could install a seat cover.
Vinyl can be used ?
Which is better, which is more expensive?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Badabada(m): 6:24am On Nov 10, 2019
Thanks for your great work here Mr Gazzuzz, pls what’s the difference between a 4cl engine and a v6 engine (Toyota) and which will you recommend for a first time buyer.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:34am On Nov 10, 2019
Badabada:
Thanks for your great work here Mr Gazzuzz, pls what’s the difference between a 4cl engine and a v6 engine (Toyota) and which will you recommend for a first time buyer.

4cylinder usually has a straight
block four cylinder setup. While a V6 engine has a V shape Six cylinder setup.

In most cases the smaller engine has better fuel economy (not in all cases ) so if your aim is fuel economy and cheaper maintenance the 4ylinder is a more preferred option.

But if you prefer performance and love to race, the V6 is for you.

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Mynewdawn15: 2:27pm On Nov 11, 2019
Good Afternoon All.

Please I need help, my car vibrates/shakes moving between 30km/hr and 40km/hr. Anything above 40kmph, car drives smoothly.

I have four new tires with recommended psi, done wheel balancing and alignment.

Gazzuzz, kingreignn and any other persons who have experienced the same and got it resolved.

Car is a Toyota camry 07

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Dez10(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.