Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,348 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (914931 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by frebor(m): 9:42am On Mar 17, 2020
KINGreignn:

The expressway?
I am sorry I don't know anyone who I can recommend to you that's based along Lagos Ibadan expressway

cheesy cheesy

Lagos or Ìbàdàn
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KINGreignn: 9:45am On Mar 17, 2020
frebor:

cheesy cheesy

Lagos or Ìbàdàn

cheesy cheesy
I know, I just wan use you play small

Oya make I sammah you Gazzuzz logistics number. Na correct company them be.
+2348038119063
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by frebor(m): 9:58am On Mar 17, 2020
KINGreignn:

cheesy cheesy
I know, I just wan use you play small

Oya make I sammah you Gazzuzz logistics number. Na correct company them be.
+2348038119063

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by whysquare4real(m): 11:43am On Mar 17, 2020
pls, my Oga Gazzus, what is the best engine oil for a Toyota Camry 2004 model? thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by whysquare4real(m): 11:44am On Mar 17, 2020
pls, my Oga Gazzus, what is the best engine oil for a Toyota Camry 2004 model? and is it advisable to add oil treatment when changing oil? thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by adeinfinit(m): 11:53am On Mar 17, 2020
KINGreignn:

I don't know of any way to test it other than pouring in the fresh transmission fluid and testing.

Good morning Boss,

So I queried my mechanic and he confirmed that he used Oando transmission fluid. The holts I attached was for the power steering.

Do I still need to change the gear fluid or check if the gear has further faults.

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KINGreignn: 12:43pm On Mar 17, 2020
adeinfinit:

Good morning Boss,

So I queried my mechanic and he confirmed that he used Oando transmission fluid. The holts I attached was for the power steering.

Do I still need to change the gear fluid or check if the gear has further faults.

Thanks
Yes change the fluid.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Zane2point4(m): 3:02pm On Mar 17, 2020
frebor:

I'm interested in the solution to this, I have two cars with this same issue.

The recent one started after I changed to the extra Tyre and back and it has been like that.

Changed struts and sway bar bushings on the older case, issue went away and later came back.

Okay,i went to my mechanic today,he change chamber bushing, and sway bar bushing,front bow joint too,the noise disappeared completely.
I was with him throughout to supervise,cos i found out that if u give them money to buy parts and go back home, they might re-use the older part or manage it,naija hard many of them dont have sympathy grin

No more drum like noise again "kpru kpru kpru kpru"

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KINGreignn: 4:57pm On Mar 17, 2020
Zane2point4:

Okay,i went to my mechanic today,he change chamber bushing, and sway bar bushing,front bow joint too,the noise disappeared completely.
I was with him throughout to supervise,cos i found out that if u give them money to buy parts and go back home, they might re-use the older part or manage it,naija hard many of them dont have sympathy grin

No more drum like noise again "kpru kpru kpru kpru"

You don pay your mechanic and part seller abi?
What of me whom you consulted you no go pay consultancy fee? tongue tongue
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Billiebaba(m): 5:24pm On Mar 17, 2020
Billiebaba:
Good evening boss, I was working on a car today Corolla 2009 with a 2zr engine. Before accident, the car was starting fine without problems. During the course of repairs engine had to be removed. After the repairs engine was replaced everything was put back in place except for the airbags they were yet to be replaced because of funds. Here is the problem, I have spark, fuel, compression, at times it will do as if it wanna start but it won't start after a very long crank. No fault codes present In the Powertrain ECU. I'm just stuck as I don't know what to do, though the engine sat outside the car for about a week.
I really appreciate everybody's contribution, the fix was just a new set of spark plugs on all 4 cylinders

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Zane2point4(m): 8:33pm On Mar 17, 2020
KINGreignn:

You don pay your mechanic and part seller abi?
What of me whom you consulted you no go pay consultancy fee? tongue tongue
Hahaha, baba your reward is in heaven not on earth, thanks big time!
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KINGreignn: 9:25pm On Mar 17, 2020
Zane2point4:

Hahaha, baba your reward is in heaven not on earth, thanks big time!

Chaiiiii! I no be teacher Abeg. My reward dey earth as for heaven own, e sure!
Cheers!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Themandalorian: 12:17am On Mar 18, 2020
nurey:

Depends on whether engine has sludge or not, synthetic blends have bleach that wash sludge down to the engine bottom blocking seals, valves and oil lubricant passage which can lead to engine failure.

Better to stick with the normal mineral oil and change every 3months or 3000 km
Now you are making it sound like the sludge is good for the engine. I'm really confused sir. Please enlighten me.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 3:31am On Mar 18, 2020
Themandalorian:

Now you are making it sound like the sludge is good for the engine. I'm really confused sir. Please enlighten me.

Sludge is not good for the engine but when an engine already has sludge due to the use of wrong oil weight, it is better to stick with the wrong oil which doesn't have bleach than to switch to synthetic with bleach.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Themandalorian: 1:19pm On Mar 18, 2020
nurey:

Sludge is not good for the engine but when an engine already has sludge due to the use of wrong oil weight, it is better to stick with the wrong oil which doesn't have bleach than to switch to synthetic with bleach.
But the bleach will remove the sludge won't it? Or is too late then?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by zickie: 2:14pm On Mar 18, 2020
Please am in need of the 2013 mazda cx-9 front grill and headlamp. Anyone have for sale or where I can get it, please call, WhatsApp or just reply to this message here. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 3:33pm On Mar 18, 2020
Themandalorian:

But the bleach will remove the sludge won't it? Or is too late then?

You are confusing things, to get rid of sludge you have to open up the engine and sometimes dismantle it and scrape off sludge as much as you can not to use bleach to wash it down there by blocking lubricant pathways, oil pump and valves which is tantamount to engine failure.

I hope you get it now. Besides you can't throughly know the sludge level of an engine until you remove valve cover.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Themandalorian: 10:04pm On Mar 18, 2020
nurey:

You are confusing things, to get rid of sludge you have to open up the engine and sometimes dismantle it and scrape off sludge as much as you can not to use bleach to wash it down there by blocking lubricant pathways, oil pump and valves which is tantamount to engine failure.

I hope you get it now. Besides you can't throughly know the sludge level of an engine until you remove valve cover.
Thanks for this. Now I understand fully.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ace16(m): 10:16pm On Mar 18, 2020
Good evening everyone. Plz I saw a Honda Civic 2008 for sale, 9ja used, plz I would love to know what I should look out for make I nor go fall into trap. Tho I’ve been doing some research, but I still need ur opinion.. thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by shina101(m): 11:35pm On Mar 18, 2020
radautoworks:

Easiest car in the world to maintain

what type of engine oil do i need for Toyota corolla 2009?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by shina101(m): 11:50pm On Mar 18, 2020
radautoworks:

Easiest car in the world to maintain

How much to service an 09 corolla in your workshop?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by radautoworks: 12:28am On Mar 19, 2020
shina101:

what type of engine oil do i need for Toyota corolla 2009?

See below. 0w20 will give you the best fuel economy. Hopefully they haven't been using 20w50 before.

Email support in my signature for quote please.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DAutoDiagnosis: 8:49am On Mar 19, 2020
Ace16:
Good evening everyone. Plz I saw a Honda rCivic 2008 for sale, 9ja used, plz I would love to know what I should look out for make I nor go fall into trap. Tho I’ve been doing some research, but I still need ur opinion.. thanks

If you see wires flying around in the engine bay, do not buy.

Or rather pay 10k for inspection. The 10k is applicable on any 3 cars of your choice

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by DAutoDiagnosis: 8:50am On Mar 19, 2020
zickie:
Please am in need of the 2013 mazda cx-9 front grill and headlamp. Anyone have for sale or where I can get it, please call, WhatsApp or just reply to this message here. Thanks

Contact me
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Besto(m): 8:52am On Mar 19, 2020
DAutoDiagnosis:

Lol.. You know the car wahala so well
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Crixie(m): 9:02am On Mar 19, 2020
For those with Toyota cars n suvs fitted with 5s n 3s engines(Camry 1997-2002 ,Rav 4 1997-2002 with 4 cylinders etc) looking for original timing belt.Look no further...

1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Stewart883(m): 9:42am On Mar 19, 2020
My car(a Chevrolet optra) is very hot inside, when I drive for some few hours the interior gets very hot even when the windows are down. Please what can I do?? I always feel very uncomfortable driving.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 10:31am On Mar 19, 2020
Stewart883:
My car(a Chevrolet optra) is very hot inside, when I drive for some few hours the interior gets very hot even when the windows are down. Please what can I do?? I always feel very uncomfortable driving.

Check the AC/ventilation settings, you could have the ventilation in recycle settings and AC knob at heat so heat from the engine is coming in or

Your firewall has holes check engine and interior firewall for rust and holes. Also your undercarriage
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Stewart883(m): 10:57am On Mar 19, 2020
nurey:

Check the AC/ventilation settings, you could have the ventilation in recycle settings and AC knob at heat so heat from the engine is coming in or

Your firewall has holes check engine and interior firewall for rust and holes. Also your undercarriage

Thank you very much. I will check them up with a mechanic and revert. Someone mentioned flushing the radiator
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ace16(m): 11:03am On Mar 19, 2020
DAutoDiagnosis:

Or rather pay 10k for inspection. The 10k is applicable on any 3 cars of your choice

Thanks.. is that your job? If yes, where are you located?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by nurey(m): 11:08am On Mar 19, 2020
Stewart883:

Thank you very much. I will check them up with a mechanic and revert. Someone mentioned flushing the radiator

Interior that is the cabin area where passengers sit has nothing to do with radiator. The individual think maybe you meant engine

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.