Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Maintenance Tips On Cars. - Car Talk (255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips On Cars. (915311 Views)

Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars / AUTO MAINTENANCE TIPS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (510) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by richforever123: 2:45pm On Dec 14, 2020
dicksonadams:

Then problem solved

Thank you deeply for your response, you mean the problem is solved already, or the problem will be solved after I service the transmission

Personal inspection of the fluid signifies that it needs change
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Uyi213: 3:06pm On Dec 14, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

4cyl or v6

6 plugs Chief
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 6:16pm On Dec 14, 2020
richforever123:

Thank you deeply for your response, you mean the problem is solved already, or the problem will be solved after I service the transmission

Personal inspection of the fluid signifies that it needs change

Boss you have access to the best source of information as regarding any car issues, The Web, follow the instructions given, drain your transmission oil and refill with oem recommended new one, do not flush. Measure what you drain and ensure you put same quantity in,

Also, check out videos on YouTube on how to do it, pay a good kazeem technician, keep an eye on him to ensure he follows the steps correctly.

if this does not work, then it is time to pay more to do a thorough job at a pro car repair center, gazzuzz or autologic if you are on the mainland or radautoworks if you are in the island.

Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by broadstreet: 7:45pm On Dec 14, 2020
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=97056610]
[color=#006600]You are searching for some humbling.
Replace the transmission
thanks sir, do u said i should change the gear oil sir. kindly guide me
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by abefeabebi(m): 7:57pm On Dec 14, 2020
Evening to u boss,
Pls help me with the best way to handle a tokunbo car. when a car arrive Toyota Corolla 03 to be precise what re the best way to maintain it or what to change in the car. thou since then I have Been driving it and using it for ehailing once in a while,but still have d feelings something need to be change. I have been topping the radiator with ordinary water oooo.
I noticed it was coloured coolant before when the water comes up but now seems the coolant is no more showing. more also the power steering oil I met in It is different from what they re selling here the colour is different.inshort I know nothing about car.
Anytime I see car broken-down on the road my heart skipped that one day me too would likely experience this, what re the precautions one need to take in maintaining a car.

The fault noticed now is, the car doesn't start once untill the third time,but I was told to wait for 5seconds after putting key,and that only work in d morning and once in a while but most time is after third try before starting. fuel filter or ignition as suggested by someone.

Only knows how to change tyre ooo

kindly help.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by osato45: 3:09am On Dec 15, 2020
abefeabebi:
Evening to u boss,
Pls help me with the best way to handle a tokunbo car. when a car arrive Toyota Corolla 03 to be precise what re the best way to maintain it or what to change in the car. thou since then I have Been driving it and using it for ehailing once in a while,but still have d feelings something need to be change. I have been topping the radiator with ordinary water oooo.
I noticed it was coloured coolant before when the water comes up but now seems the coolant is no more showing. more also the power steering oil I met in It is different from what they re selling here the colour is different.inshort I know nothing about car.
Anytime I see car broken-down on the road my heart skipped that one day me too would likely experience this, what re the precautions one need to take in maintaining a car.

The fault noticed now is, the car doesn't start once untill the third time,but I was told to wait for 5seconds after putting key,and that only work in d morning and once in a while but most time is after third try before starting. fuel filter or ignition as suggested by someone.

Only knows how to change tyre ooo

kindly help.
look for your car manual and read through
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by wizzle772: 8:29am On Dec 15, 2020
Good morning Boss Gazzuzz, please I have changed my ECU as advised by you, the issue am having now is when I engage my gear sometimes the gear light does not show on dashboard, mostly drive and reverse gear. I noticed anytime the light does not show the car doesn't accelerate well and jerks, but when the light shows it moves fine. Please kindly assist my car is Honda civic 2006
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Zeroshero(m): 8:30am On Dec 15, 2020
boss kindly recommend, vw golf 3 I changed radiator but the new one came with no pin to plug the wire, any issues to expect? 2 when the car is run in hot temperature for a while, car idling drops but doesn't go off, when moving to higher gear it experiences shotdown then continues, kindly recommend, thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:32am On Dec 15, 2020
wizzle772:
Good morning Boss Gazzuzz, please I have changed my ECU as advised by you, the issue am having now is when I engage my gear sometimes the gear light does not show on dashboard, mostly drive and reverse gear. I noticed anytime the light does not show the car doesn't accelerate well and jerks, but when the light shows it moves fine. Please kindly assist my car is Honda civic 2006

Harness issues.

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by wizzle772: 8:46am On Dec 15, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Harness issues.

OK Boss, how do I fix that because my rewire told me the issue is with the gear cable beneath the car, that I need a mechanic to adjust the cable. Please help with possible solution
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:00am On Dec 15, 2020
wizzle772:
OK Boss, how do I fix that because my rewire told me the issue is with the gear cable beneath the car, that I need a mechanic to adjust the cable. Please help with possible solution

Change team, since the dentist is recommending the optician looks at the tooth.

Seems you are about to be humbled
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by donpaulo44(m): 9:12am On Dec 15, 2020
Please can you recommend any gear plug for me in Abuja. I would like to get it done from a trusted plug as there are too many fixed ones in the market.

lukmed3082:
change the gear n enjoy ur car

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Unsad(m): 1:13pm On Dec 15, 2020
Hello sirs , please my toyota Avalon has an outlet (a holes) that drops water , is it normal ?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 1:36pm On Dec 15, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Change team, since the dentist is recommending the optician looks at the tooth.

Seems you are about to be humbled

Lolzzz
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Ochima75(m): 1:59pm On Dec 15, 2020
Please i need this part for my gearbox
Car: 2003 honda accord
Original new or grade 1 tokunbo please
NB: abeg ignore if na overused you wan give me

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KINGOFJAPAN: 3:03pm On Dec 15, 2020
Bizzyliss:
scan it
This is the result of the scan

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KINGOFJAPAN: 3:04pm On Dec 15, 2020
kingreign:

Firstly, change mechanic
Secondly, Scan that car
Thirdly, post codes here and we shall respond.
This is the result sir

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by EndiaSami: 4:43pm On Dec 15, 2020
Good evening Gazzuzz and every other person here. Well done.
Please I have an issue with my sienna 2008. The vehicle suddenly made a loud noise on applying pressure on the throttle. Also I notice this parts came off it after the loud noise
Also the gear transmission have refused to engage after the noise. The vehicle makes noise when put in drive and reverse
Please what might have caused it and what's the solution

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:55pm On Dec 15, 2020
EndiaSami:
Good evening Gazzuzz and every other person here. Well done.
Please I have an issue with my sienna 2008. The vehicle suddenly made a loud noise on applying pressure on the throttle. Also I notice this parts came off it after the loud noise
Also the gear transmission have refused to engage after the noise. The vehicle makes noise when put in drive and reverse
Please what might have caused it and what's the solution

Just replace the shafts .

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Stanleyallen17(m): 5:39pm On Dec 15, 2020
Good evening house. I have a friend with 2008 Toyota rav4 toks with 204k mileage. Which engine grade of engine oil is he to use due to the high mileage.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by kingreign(m): 6:55pm On Dec 15, 2020
KINGOFJAPAN:
This is the result sir
Check your thermostat and your Coolant Temperature Sensor. Ensure none are defective or missing.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by KINGOFJAPAN: 7:12pm On Dec 15, 2020
kingreign:

Check your thermostat and your Coolant Temperature Sensor. Ensure none are defective or missing.
oh OK thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Zeewirld: 9:08pm On Dec 15, 2020
Good evening house,

Which engine oil would you advise I use for a 2006 Sienna?
Can I use hardex engine oil .Also can I use 5W40 against the manufacturer's recommended 5w30

Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by haslaw(m): 3:28am On Dec 16, 2020
I have a toyota corolla 2010. Some months ago, I started detecting faint sounds of silencer leakage and I went to the mechanic to have it looked at. They searched and searched but they couldn't find any leakage. The silencer leakage sound has been steadily increasing and quite noticeable because my neighbough even told me he could hear the sound too. I went back to the mechanic and this time I even got into the pit with them but we still couldn't find any leak. The mechanic suggested I should ignore the sound.

My dilema is this: I don't feel confotable ignoring the sound and I keep having this feeling that it could lead to more serious issues.

Cc :GAZZUZZ
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by eRex(m): 6:04am On Dec 16, 2020
haslaw:
I have a toyota corolla 2010. Some months ago, I started detecting faint sounds of silencer leakage and I went to the mechanic to have it looked at. They searched and searched but they couldn't find any leakage. The silencer leakage sound has been steadily increasing and quite noticeable because my neighbough even told me he could hear the sound too. I went back to the mechanic and this time I even got into the pit with them but we still couldn't find any leak. The mechanic suggested I should ignore the sound.

My dilema is this: I don't feel confotable ignoring the sound and I keep having this feeling that it could lead to more serious issues.

Cc :GAZZUZZ

Sounds like the muffle in the exhaust pot gone bad....

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by dicksonadams(m): 6:59pm On Dec 16, 2020
Zeewirld:
Good evening house,

Which engine oil would you advise I use for a 2006 Sienna?
Can I use hardex engine oil .Also can I use 5W40 against the manufacturer's recommended 5w30

Thank you

Hardex engine oil will humble you... Stay clear
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by olabest(m): 8:27am On Dec 17, 2020
someone should pls help me....my River 620 don't start in the morning and I. tired of calling neighbors to help me push it...I was told the battery is ok (though it's 6 months old). but what I noticed is that it will just bring light occasionally when it is parked and there is not security on it
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Zeewirld: 10:37pm On Dec 18, 2020
dicksonadams:

Hardex engine oil will humble you... Stay clear

Thanks so much.

The car has been scanned and this is the error message.

C0205,B1181,B0101 ,B1148,P0037,B1636 and B0136... it's a Toyota Sienna. Please what could this means and how do I resolve it.

please help
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by Kanmiboy(m): 10:45pm On Dec 18, 2020
I have a Toyota Camry 2001 model but finds it hard to crank mostly in the morning .I will have to restart it for like three to four times before I could get it started and this only happens in n the morning alone .took it to a mechanic I was told its coolstart. That has been checked with the battery even alternator still no changes .I was later told the nossle needs to be services. ..tanks ahead

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by David50: 11:05pm On Dec 18, 2020
Kanmiboy:
I have a Toyota Camry 2001 model but finds it hard to crank mostly in the morning .I will have to restart it for like three to four times before I could get it started and this only happens in n the morning alone .took it to a mechanic I was told its coolstart. That has been checked with the battery even alternator still no changes .I was later told the nossle needs to be services. ..tanks ahead

Scan results?
Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by chukel(m): 7:26am On Dec 20, 2020
dicksonadams:

Cc luvinhubby
transact with this dubious man at your peril.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips On Cars. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:38am On Dec 20, 2020
chukel:
transact with this dubious man at your peril.

Boss pls

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (510) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.