Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 (172312 Views)

MTN Scholarship 2014 Shortlists / MTN Scholarship 2014 Thread / Esso Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship 2014/2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Comsol: 1:34pm On Jul 15, 2014
kennyone: Forget about the oxford thing unless your tuition fee is not more than 20,000 pounds. That is the highest NITDA will pay for your tuition. And as regards the maintenance allowance, think NITDA has the best in the country so far. it is 10,200 pounds per year.

On the bold, not necessary truly, PTDF is by far the best till date. To everyone that are still hopeful, I'll say just keep believing and never lose faith.

2 Likes

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by rajrascal: 2:54pm On Jul 15, 2014
csimms7 my guy any update..cabaye i c ya,no news?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by csimms7: 2:58pm On Jul 15, 2014
rajrascal: csimms7 my guy any update..cabaye i c ya,no news?

@Cabaye my guy, Amen o!!!! O boi @rajrascal, list still dey with Oga MD, na for us to cover our names with the blood of Jesus o, news reaching me said the guy's hasn't been steady on his seat, presidential matters, ill health also, etc but that the list is with him. So no one knows the real cause for the delay.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by rajrascal: 3:00pm On Jul 15, 2014
csimms7:

@Cabaye my guy, Amen o!!!! O boi @rajrascal, list still dey with Oga MD, na for us to cover our names with the blood of Jesus o, news reaching me said the guy's hasn't been steady on his seat, presidential matters, ill health also, etc but that the list is with him. So no one knows the real cause for the delay.

thx jare,u too much ..#crosslegdeylookbreeze##
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 16, 2014
rajrascal: csimms7 my guy any update..cabaye i c ya,no news?

no news for now...Nddc has turned us to waiters and waitress. this barren week is a proof that we may wait till august before they would attend to us.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by seselez: 2:26pm On Jul 16, 2014
cabaye:

no news for now...Nddc has turned us to waiters and waitress. this barren week is a proof that we may wait till august before they would attend to us.

This week is not barren. It is a fruitful week and miracles will occur. I believe it.

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by rajrascal: 2:42pm On Jul 16, 2014
cabaye:

thx for d info bro..
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by rajrascal: 2:43pm On Jul 16, 2014
seselez:

This week is not barren. It is a fruitful week and miracles will occur. I believe it.

love the optimism..#webelieve#
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by spawne: 3:07pm On Jul 16, 2014
seselez:

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by crazyinlove: 3:58pm On Jul 16, 2014
SENATE PASSES FCT, NDDC, NCC AND USPF 2014 BUDGETS INTO LAW

The Senate on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 passed into law four Money Bills. The Bills passed into law are the Federal Capital Territory 2014 Appropriation Bill, the Niger Delta Development Commission 2014 Appropriation Bill, the Nigerian Communication Commission 2014 Appropriation Bill and the Universal Service Provision Fund 2014 Appropriation Bill. The FCT Appropriation Bill was sponsored by the Senate Committee Chairman on FCT, Sen. Smart Adeyemi and the report on the budget was presented for Senate consideration by Sen. Domingo Obende. The FCT 2014 total budgetary allocation is N271, 042, 545, 912 billion. The breakdown of the budget is as follows: • Recurrent expenditure - N109.238 billion. • Capital Expenditure - N161.8 billion. • Overhead Cost - N60.37 billion. • Personnel Cost - N49.2 billion. • Budget Surplus - N82, 882, 531 million. The second Appropriation Bill passed by the Senate was that of Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), sponsored by Sen. James Manager. A total budget of N322.600 billion in 2014 fiscal year was approved for the Commision, broken down into: • Project Expenditure - N295.05 billion. • Capital Expenditure - N2.2 billion. • Personnel Cost - N15.8 billion. • Overhead Cost of N10.1 billion. The third Appropriation Bill passed was for the Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC), sponsored by Sen. Gilbert Nnaji. He represented the Senate Committee on Communication in presenting the 2014 NCC budgetary allocation report to the Chamber for consideration and passage. A total of N52.516 billion was passed into law by the Hallowed Chamber for the Commission’s 2014 fiscal year. The 2014 Appropriation Bill for the Universal Service Provision Fund (USPF) also got the approval of the Senate. A total budget of N14.5 billion was passed for the Agency’s 2014 fiscal year. The bill was also sponsored and presented by Sen. Gilbert Nnaji. Senate President, David Mark commended the various Committees that worked hard to ensure the passage of the four Appropriation Bills. He urged them to ensure adequate oversight of the budgets for optimal implementation in 2014. Meanwhile, the Social Housing Bill 2014, sponsored by Sen. Bukar Abba Ibrahim, has been stood down for lack of appropriate means of funding the project but has been referred to Senate Joint Committees on Judiciary, Rules and Business, Appropriation, Finance and Constitution Amendment to proffer an acceptable means of funding.

Source: http://www.nassnig.org/nass/news.php?id=597

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Dantidote: 4:48pm On Jul 16, 2014
crazyinlove: SENATE PASSES FCT, NDDC, NCC AND USPF 2014 BUDGETS INTO LAW

The Senate on Tuesday, July 15, 2014 passed into law four Money Bills. The Bills passed into law are the Federal Capital Territory 2014 Appropriation Bill, the Niger Delta Development Commission 2014 Appropriation Bill, the Nigerian Communication Commission 2014 Appropriation Bill and the Universal Service Provision Fund 2014 Appropriation Bill. The FCT Appropriation Bill was sponsored by the Senate Committee Chairman on FCT, Sen. Smart Adeyemi and the report on the budget was presented for Senate consideration by Sen. Domingo Obende. The FCT 2014 total budgetary allocation is N271, 042, 545, 912 billion. The breakdown of the budget is as follows: • Recurrent expenditure - N109.238 billion. • Capital Expenditure - N161.8 billion. • Overhead Cost - N60.37 billion. • Personnel Cost - N49.2 billion. • Budget Surplus - N82, 882, 531 million. The second Appropriation Bill passed by the Senate was that of Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), sponsored by Sen. James Manager. A total budget of N322.600 billion in 2014 fiscal year was approved for the Commision, broken down into: • Project Expenditure - N295.05 billion. • Capital Expenditure - N2.2 billion. • Personnel Cost - N15.8 billion. • Overhead Cost of N10.1 billion. The third Appropriation Bill passed was for the Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC), sponsored by Sen. Gilbert Nnaji. He represented the Senate Committee on Communication in presenting the 2014 NCC budgetary allocation report to the Chamber for consideration and passage. A total of N52.516 billion was passed into law by the Hallowed Chamber for the Commission’s 2014 fiscal year. The 2014 Appropriation Bill for the Universal Service Provision Fund (USPF) also got the approval of the Senate. A total budget of N14.5 billion was passed for the Agency’s 2014 fiscal year. The bill was also sponsored and presented by Sen. Gilbert Nnaji. Senate President, David Mark commended the various Committees that worked hard to ensure the passage of the four Appropriation Bills. He urged them to ensure adequate oversight of the budgets for optimal implementation in 2014. Meanwhile, the Social Housing Bill 2014, sponsored by Sen. Bukar Abba Ibrahim, has been stood down for lack of appropriate means of funding the project but has been referred to Senate Joint Committees on Judiciary, Rules and Business, Appropriation, Finance and Constitution Amendment to proffer an acceptable means of funding.

Source: http://www.nassnig.org/nass/news.php?id=597

This anoda source of hope my dear friends and i totally subscribe to its positivity
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 16, 2014
All these jingoistic facts should stop,move on cos NDDC Is broke
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by rajrascal: 10:05pm On Jul 16, 2014
Unstoppable100: All these jingoistic facts should stop,move on cos NDDC Is broke

Guy u wey wan move on na every minute u dey chook eye for this thread,park well jare."Moving on" is optional,no-one is stopping you,stop looking for recruits.#webelieve#

4 Likes

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by csimms7: 9:28am On Jul 17, 2014
rajrascal:

Guy u wey wan move on na every minute u dey chook eye for this thread,park well jare."Moving on" is optional,no-one is stopping you,stop looking for recruits.#webelieve#

@rajrascal, take note of this important lesson in life, it's easier for someone down the ladder to pull down a person who is higher up, remember that! So snub the "moving on" team, they've confessed they want to move on, let it be unto them according to their word. #keepinghope #keepingfaith #webelieve

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by GlobalCareers: 12:34pm On Jul 17, 2014
Please who knows when this NDDC will start sending invitations? I don tire to wait ooo!

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by lendron03(m): 3:13pm On Jul 17, 2014
GlobalCareers: Please who knows when this NDDC will start sending invitations? I don tire to wait ooo!
since their budget has been passed into law by the senate, before the end of next week most likely
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 17, 2014
GlobalCareers: Please who knows when this NDDC will start sending invitations? I don tire to wait ooo!

no body knows for now..as I mentioned earlier that this years scholarships may be temporarily suspended. I got this information last month. the truth is that without being told, Nddc is having a tough time ( financially).

if i should assume any date for you, that would be 6th of august or a week earlier 30th july. my reason for saying this is that they would have resolved their issues and concluded on the matter.cheers
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by scientist235: 6:12pm On Jul 17, 2014
DEAR COMPATRIOTS I KNOW THERE IS A LONG WAIT , THE OGA AT THE TOP HAS BEEN BUSY, PLEASE BEAR WITH ME I WONT DISCLOSE THE PARTICULAR OGA AFTER ALL WE HAVE OGAS LOL.The particular Oga has been very busy outside domain , be rest assured it will be done this year .Sorry by The special Grace of the all mighty(the creator of all things).Finance has been taking care of. God bless you all

2 Likes

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Dantidote: 7:39pm On Jul 17, 2014
scientist235: DEAR COMPATRIOTS I KNOW THERE IS A LONG WAIT , THE OGA AT THE TOP HAS BEEN BUSY, PLEASE BEAR WITH ME I WONT DISCLOSE THE PARTICULAR OGA AFTER ALL WE HAVE OGAS LOL.The particular Oga has been very busy outside domain , be rest assured it will be done this year .Sorry by The special Grace of the all mighty(the creator of all things).Finance has been taking care of. God bless you all

its a clear mata....
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Bethiano(m): 10:53am On Jul 19, 2014
hello guys, its been great reading through this thread. i just want to sign in as one of the ''waiters'' i just hope for the best for us all.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by seselez: 4:35pm On Jul 19, 2014
Bethiano: hello guys, its been great reading through this thread. i just want to sign in as one of the ''waiters'' i just hope for the best for us all.

na only u waka come?
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 19, 2014
Bethiano: hello guys, its been great reading through this thread. i just want to sign in as one of the ''waiters'' i just hope for the best for us all.

welcome to the club. scholarship delayed is not denied.

1 Like

Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by csimms7: 6:47pm On Jul 19, 2014

Welcome to the club bruv/sis. Before the end of this month e go happen. Meanwhile let's all have bank statements and our necessary documents ready. #keepingfaith #keepinghope
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 19, 2014
csimms7:

Welcome to the club bruv/sis. Before the end of this month e go happen. Meanwhile let's all have bank statements and our necessary documents ready. #keepingfaith #keepinghope

that's 7200 pounds for 21 days
assuming I am accepting an Nddc school, do I need to finance for other expenses??
my source told me that they would have a meeting this week but didn't specify if they would address issues relating to the scholarship . I'm looking forward to see what happens before Wednesday. cheers
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by csimms7: 8:38pm On Jul 19, 2014
cabaye:

that's 7200 pounds for 21 days
assuming I am accepting an Nddc school, do I need to finance for other expenses??
my source told me that they would have a meeting this week but didn't specify if they would address issues relating to the scholarship . I'm looking forward to see what happens before Wednesday. cheers

Okies. I think it's just a general requirement to have between 7200-9000 pounds for 28 days if on a scholarship. My friend who's in Salford and got the scholarship last year was required to have that also. I pray it pans out well, hopefully in a week or two we should all know our fates. It is well!
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by Ezyp(m): 6:08am On Jul 20, 2014
Pls o is it advisable for someone to apply for visa now(while waiting)...cos the CAS number given to me by cranfield (early April) is valid for 3months
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by GlobalCareers: 1:11pm On Jul 20, 2014
csimms7:

Okies. I think it's just a general requirement to have between 7200-9000 pounds for 28 days if on a scholarship. My friend who's in Salford and got the scholarship last year was required to have that also. I pray it pans out well, hopefully in a week or two we should all know our fates. It is well!

If your scholarship covers tuition and living costs, you don't need to provide bank statements. But if the remainder will be less than 7,380 GBP after the tuition is paid by the scholarship, you need to provide a bank statement to cover the difference. The living cost is now 7380 outside inner london and 10,800 within inner london.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by GlobalCareers: 1:16pm On Jul 20, 2014
Ezyp: Pls o is it advisable for someone to apply for visa now(while waiting)...cos the CAS number given to me by cranfield (early April) is valid for 3months

Of course. If you can self-fund your studies at Cranfield in the event that there is no NDDC scholarship for you. If you have the tuition+living cost in your acct or parents' acct for 28 days, then apply for your visa.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by GlobalCareers: 1:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
GlobalCareers:

If your scholarship covers tuition and living costs, you don't need to provide bank statements. But if the remainder will be less than 7,380 GBP after the tuition is paid by the scholarship, you need to provide a bank statement to cover the difference. The living cost is now 7380 outside inner london and 10,800 within inner london.

Sorry, living cost is 9180 for inner london. These changes took effect from 1 July 2014.

Inner london: 1020 X 9
Outer london/the rest of uk: 820 X 9
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by csimms7: 6:06pm On Jul 20, 2014
Ezyp: Pls o is it advisable for someone to apply for visa now(while waiting)...cos the CAS number given to me by cranfield (early April) is valid for 3months

Bros I know there's been lots of responses to your question but I want to answer it differently. You should note that if you are going to apply for your visa now, you won't be applying as a student going on scholarship, you'd be applying as a self sponsoring student. So the best bet is to write the school to issue you a new CAS if you still want to wait on NDDC but if not, you can use the CAS to apply, then you'd know that you'd need to show proof of living expenses for 9 months and also show that you've paid half of your fees. So those are your options.
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by linton99: 8:10pm On Jul 20, 2014
Wow its good to be back here...ma fellow scholars hw we dey?..am hopeful this week or next we should all receive our letters..God has brought us this far,he will complete it..
Re: Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 by linton99: 8:14pm On Jul 20, 2014
I remember d interview hw some of ma friends were bounced because of management or hse courses...omen..I thank God o..I got an unconditional admission in 2days n ma interview went well,I thank God......I heard oil n gas producing lgas are favoured,any truth?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (73) (Reply)

Newsflash: ASUU Strike Has Been Suspended! / IGNORE All 2023 WAEC, NECO, UTME Score Upgrade And Admission Assistance Threads / Babcock University Students' Sextape: Zlatan Ibile Reacts To Leaked Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.