Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

UBA Africard Where Is My Money? This Is Very Bad Customer Experience! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UBA Africard Where Is My Money? This Is Very Bad Customer Experience! (2138 Views)

5 Ways Nigerians Can Improve Their Bad Customer Services / UBA Master Card & UBA Africard, What Is The Diffirence? / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UBA Africard Where Is My Money? This Is Very Bad Customer Experience! by Cypost: 5:21pm On Jun 27, 2014
I have had uba africard for a while now Sometime ago I provided the card for a refund transaction to UNISA for value of R3500. The school informed me that the transaction/refund was done on 25th March and provided a scan copy of merchant receipt as proof with transaction number, date etc. Up till now I am yet to receive the deposit.

I have contacted uba via their cfc email address without any solution. They keep telling me Africard is not profiled to receive payment and that the payment should be reversed.

I have question this on the basis that why will a transaction be successfully completed and receipt printed if d account is non existent or invalid more so the sender claimed they have done bank reconciliation and that d money hv left their account.

I am at a lost on what to do at d moment. How do I get UBA to do something to this issue. Is over three months now. This is a very bad customer experience
Re: UBA Africard Where Is My Money? This Is Very Bad Customer Experience! by texaco1: 5:33pm On Jun 27, 2014
Have u gone to ur bank branch to complain? I think maybe the person u discussed ur problem with at the bank doesn't know much about such issues ,why don't u try and talk to the branch manager
Re: UBA Africard Where Is My Money? This Is Very Bad Customer Experience! by Cypost: 10:17am On Jun 28, 2014
^^
Yea guys at the branch doesn't seems to no much. Hv complained there too, they said the will send mail still no solution. Me think, the thing is handled from HQ which manage their cfc email address I used to complain. Still hoping for a solution.
Re: UBA Africard Where Is My Money? This Is Very Bad Customer Experience! by Cypost: 8:21pm On Jun 30, 2014
Still hoping for solution o. My pay is still missing in transit. Hope it will not be declared as part of Uba profit this financial yr.
Re: UBA Africard Where Is My Money? This Is Very Bad Customer Experience! by Joel3(m): 10:07pm On Jun 30, 2014
Today i signup for paypal account using my uba africard to register and verified the account.

I register the Paypal account with my prepaid visa debit card UBA africard and I was instantly debit N167 for the registration alone.I got debit alert.

Then I proceed to verify paypal. I entered my uba africard information and select visa instantly again I was debited N326. I got the debit alert sms including the PP* code.

According to paypal it will be returned immediately but for several hours now nothing has been received so far is this how uba africard works? Can one even received funds from paypal on it?

Kindly confirm this please. Someone with experience.

1 Like

Re: UBA Africard Where Is My Money? This Is Very Bad Customer Experience! by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 30, 2014
^^^

Nowhere did PayPal say it would be returned immediately

even if it is, your bank still has to manually check the reversal and credit you themselves . . .

Mine was returned 3 days later, the same Africard you're talking bout .

1 Like

Re: UBA Africard Where Is My Money? This Is Very Bad Customer Experience! by Joel3(m): 10:41pm On Jun 30, 2014
mxxpunkxx!:
^^^

Nowhere did PayPal say it would be returned immediately

even if it is, your bank still has to manually check the reversal and credit you themselves . . .

Mine was returned 3 days later, the same Africard you're talking bout .
ok thanks for clearing my doubt.

wait, can I truly received funds from paypal to my africard? Or can a foreigne visa card transfer to my ubaafricard? For future reasons I will need this features for my africard.

1 Like

Re: UBA Africard Where Is My Money? This Is Very Bad Customer Experience! by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 01, 2014
Joel.:
ok thanks for clearing my doubt.

wait, can I truly received funds from paypal to my africard? Or can a foreigne visa card transfer to my ubaafricard? For future reasons I will need this features for my africard.

Next time, read the terms and conditions of everywebsite or product you're using.

UBA say's you cannot receive payments on the card, you can only spend.
Most people have successfully receievd payments, but if u run into problems, like hanging payments, do not blame UBA, cos it is printed on the both the signup and welcome forms. You cannot recieve payments in the card, it might work for Mr A, but it means you cannot hold UBA for whatever problem arises from breaking that law.

And Paypal (if it's the newly introduced paypal for nigerians) state you cannot receiev payments for now, You can only spend, whereby money will be deducted from your linked card. But you cannot recieve money into your account from anybody else or anything. It will not even work, dont bother to try, cos I've also tried. You'll get an error that Nigerian accounts are not provisioned to reciev money yet.

Hope that's all
Re: UBA Africard Where Is My Money? This Is Very Bad Customer Experience! by Cypost: 11:58pm On Jul 01, 2014
mxxpunkxx!:

Next time, read the terms and conditions of everywebsite or product you're using.

UBA say's you cannot receive payments on the card, you can only spend.
Most people have successfully receievd payments, but if u run into problems, like hanging payments, do not blame UBA, cos it is printed on the both the signup and welcome forms. You cannot recieve payments in the card, it might work for Mr A, but it means you cannot hold UBA for whatever problem arises from breaking that law.

And Paypal (if it's the newly introduced paypal for nigerians) state you cannot receiev payments for now, You can only spend, whereby money will be deducted from your linked card. But you cannot recieve money into your account from anybody else or anything. It will not even work, dont bother to try, cos I've also tried. You'll get an error that Nigerian accounts are not provisioned to reciev money yet.

Hope that's all
Why can't uba structure it such that an error message is triggered when a customer try paying into d card. Why will it work for A and B money hangs in the air. Is awful.

U just said paypal gives error message and transaction declined while UBA gives transaction completed, receipt printed yet money hangs. Thereby cheating/short changing their customer (basically the hanging money is with UBA which they declear as profit at d end financial year.) cooperate stealing, abi authority stealing according to fela

Agreed one need to read T and C but in cases where u hv friends who hv used the card to received money b4, telling u is possible u believe and then get into trouble with hanging money and UBA does nothing. My money is "hanging" in UBA vault and I need d pay.
Re: UBA Africard Where Is My Money? This Is Very Bad Customer Experience! by texaco1: 7:59am On Jul 02, 2014
Cypost:
Why can't uba structure it such that an error message is triggered when a customer try paying into d card. Why will it work for A and B money hangs in the air. Is awful.

U just said paypal gives error message and transaction declined while UBA gives transaction completed, receipt printed yet money hangs. Thereby cheating/short changing their customer (basically the hanging money is with UBA which they declear as profit at d end financial year.) cooperate stealing, abi authority stealing according to fela

Agreed one need to read T and C but in cases where u hv friends who hv used the card to received money b4, telling u is possible u believe and then get into trouble with hanging money and UBA does nothing. My money is "hanging" in UBA vault and I need d pay.
all these won't help you.conttact those that sent the payment to reverse it. Collect a letter from uba that ur card can't receive payments and forward it to them.make sure uba gives u a lettter that the money isn't in ur acct. Start doing that first thing on monday morning
Re: UBA Africard Where Is My Money? This Is Very Bad Customer Experience! by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 02, 2014
Cypost:

Bros, I am not UBA; i do not work for UBA; neither am i an affiliate, advertiser and/or promoter of her services . . .
Just calling it how i see it . .
Re: UBA Africard Where Is My Money? This Is Very Bad Customer Experience! by Cypost: 10:32am On Jul 02, 2014
My guy I grab ya gist buh assuming uba stop the transaction some how at least the sender will ask for alternative means to send the pay. Getting them to reverse it no dey easy. We hv been on this for 3mths now. E no easy o. UBA deris God o.
Re: UBA Africard Where Is My Money? This Is Very Bad Customer Experience! by Cypost: 11:19am On Jul 03, 2014
undecided
Re: UBA Africard Where Is My Money? This Is Very Bad Customer Experience! by texaco1: 11:31am On Jul 03, 2014
Nairaland won't and can't help u,ur solution lies with uba . It is there u should be disturbing them. They won't come here to solve ur problem
Re: UBA Africard Where Is My Money? This Is Very Bad Customer Experience! by Cypost: 7:41pm On Jul 04, 2014
texaco1: Nairaland won't and can't help u,ur solution lies with uba . It is there u should be disturbing them. They won't come here to solve ur problem
Naa. Don't underrate NL o. A guy with a similar case posted it here and got the matter resolve by UBA within 3 days. A nairalander with username 'realnaijaboy' helped him release the fund. I hope 'realnaijaboy' could do same here. Abi nl sunami affected his presence on nl. Anyhow sha hoping and waiting
Re: UBA Africard Where Is My Money? This Is Very Bad Customer Experience! by texaco1: 3:05pm On Jul 17, 2014
Op, how far have u gone with ur case ?has the money been returned

(1) (Reply)

Can Substantial Amount Really Be Made From Binary.com / Information Marketing Is The Easiest And Fastest Way To Make Money Online / Are Nigerians In The Us Doing Better Than Those In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.