Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,380 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:41 AM

What Happenend To Nairaland? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Happenend To Nairaland? (629 Views)

What Happened To Nairaland's Ads? / My Love Letter To Nairaland / Who Introduced You To Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Happenend To Nairaland? by LogoDWhiz(m): 9:12pm On Jun 27, 2014
This is an article from Jideweb.com . It shows the comments made by Seun during the downtime on his twitter account.

This seems like an insight to what really happened. I hope he comes to give a detailed explanation .
Till then tho. Check this out. what happened to Nairaland ?
Re: What Happenend To Nairaland? by LogoDWhiz(m): 9:14pm On Jun 27, 2014
What Happened To Nairaland?

Nairaland is down – it’s almost 48 hours now and Nairaland members are still wondering what happened to Nairaland.

Personally, I don’t know what really happened to the forum but considering tweets posted by Seun, (Nairaland owner) today, it seems it’s not a problem that could be fixed overnight. He tweeted that It may take much longer than we expect but hopefully will explain what happened by the end of this week.

We’re going into a quiet period to concentrate on bringing back Nairaland. By the end of the week, we will be able to answer your questions.

— Seun Osewa (@seunosewa) June 24, 2014

We failed to protect what you entrusted to us. We tried, but we failed. We wish we would have been the only ones affected by our failure. — Seun Osewa (@seunosewa) June 24, 2014
It may be worse than you think. It may take much longer than you expect. — Seun Osewa (@seunosewa) June 23, 2014

I am so sorry.

— Seun Osewa (@seunosewa) June 22, 2014

Some are speculating that it might be a DDos attack or server overload if not hacked.

Whatever happened, I just hope there is an up-to-date back up that can be used to restore the forum as soon as possible.

I can only imagine how tirelessly Seun and his team are working to get it back online…. I support him and pray the site comes back online asap.

What do you think might have happened to Nairaland?

From jideweb.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Real Reason No One Smiled In Old Photographs / Pineapple Slicer / Airline Passenger Detained Over Wifi Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.