Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,289 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here (145691 Views)

INEC Recruitment 2014 (ADHOC Staff Vacancies)-apply / Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2014/2015 Is Out / Oando Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Tonynwaduche(m): 2:18pm On Jul 04, 2014
djaxz4sure: . Abeg, help me forward am to behryte(at)gmail.com
Abeg help a brother... nwaducheanthony@gmail.com, thanks in anticipation smiley
djaxz4sure: . Abeg, help me forward am to behryte(at)gmail.com
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Desxter: 4:22pm On Jul 04, 2014
Abeg ....#cryin# ....make una help me wit d case study ..dragnet dei mad ...! Desxtermix007@yahoo.com
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by peacebaz(m): 4:30pm On Jul 04, 2014
Pls 4ward to me too....help a brother in need...shalombass@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by topsquino(m): 4:31pm On Jul 04, 2014
me too, topsquino@gmail.com
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 04, 2014
Hello house, I had been receiving too much PM these and wish never to dissappoint anyone by not replying. I will try checking in to thread once a while and give necessary information as far as I have knowledge of. It just unfortunate that the recent crash of the Forum had wiped off many important post that may have helped you pple.

Below is the summary of stages from last recruitment execise 2011/2014.
Nov 2011 Online Application
Jan - April 2012 Personality Test/Apptitude Test/Apptitude Test Scores sent
May 2012 - Mar 2014 Interview/Medicals/Documentation/Training Schools (Done in batches).

So the next stages are (1) Interview (2) Medicals (3) Documentation/TS

On Interview, is like Assessment Center (I believe same MAY apply this time arround). Two case studies for personal presentation and group discussions, one for each.

The interview is like assessment center where u will be given a management real life situation case study of not less than seven pages to analyse for about ten to twenty minutes, identify lapses/threats/opportunities and suggests practical solutions/recommendations. U will make oral presentation personally (all necessary written materials will be provided) for about five to ten minutes before a panel of two to four who will ask you few questions base on the studied case study. If ur comprehension, presentation, good/logical skills are above average u re good to go.

And second case study for group task. The group discussion of at most six ppl to test team work skill, u will be given some tasks with background information, identified problems and opportunities to go through for 3-5mins, then discussed among urselves to achieve the set task. All you need is to be yourself, display who real you are because there are positions for almost all categories of behaviours, so behaviours are absolutely neither good or bad to be display, the panel of observers in the group discussion section apparently knew all traits of behaviours they are looking for and are highly professional to detect any unreal ones don't display too much, be moderate in all things . All u need is to be urself, express yourself in the best way you can.

U need not burden yourself with much readings just basic information on current trends in banking industry and UBN (u may not actually needs it for d interview but may help you in suggesting realistic recommendations).

Hope this helps for now. Until then, keep moral high and hope alive.

Above all, you will have snacks and sometime mouth watering things to be entertained with. wink

5 Likes

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 04, 2014
Tonnero23, where you dey? You are needed on this thread biko
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 04, 2014
The bolded
thegreatman4ww:
where u will be given a management real life situation case study of not less than seven pages to analyse for about ten to twenty minutes, identify lapses/threats/
opportunities and suggests practical solutions/ recommendations.

chaii!!.............*faints*
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by eldega: 5:14pm On Jul 04, 2014
congratulations to everybody.........................cos you are almost there, the only thing remaining is just the final shot...........i can still recollect my case during the assessment centre................

final shot...................put all ur effort in the next stage cos "many are called but few will be chosen"
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Olucheye(m): 5:44pm On Jul 04, 2014
Paroman: The bolded chaii!!.............*faints*

LOL.... Smartness n Speed comes to play! Making recommendations at the speed of light. Where are the case studies man? Let's get some work done

3 Likes

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 04, 2014
Hmmmm na wa o.., I don swallow saliva taya.., Pls Pls and Pls where r the case study Let's get to work
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 04, 2014
Ok let's start with these case studies abeg.

Case Study 1

NBC (National Broadcasting
Company, is an American commercial broadcast television and radio network. It is headquartered in the GE Building in New York City’s Rockefeller Center, with additional major offices near Los Angeles and in Chicago. NBC has eleven owned-and-operated stations and nearly 200 affiliates in the United States.
The year is 2007. Jeff Zucker, the CEO of NBC has asked you for help. In fiscal year 2006, NBC had profits of $3 billion on total revenue of $16.5 billion; these numbers have fallen 10% over the past three quarters.
There has also been an $8 million drop in ad revenue due to the proliferation of specialized cable channels as well as changing viewer preferences in media consumption. For this case, NBC’s goals include:
1. achieving double-digit growth,
2. reducing costs by $750M, and
3. spending $150M in digital initiatives in order to grow $400M in revenues (revenues from digital delivery) to $1B.
How would you help NBC’s CEO to achieve these three goals?

2 Likes

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by omidan21: 7:54pm On Jul 04, 2014
Hey All, please let's all come put heads together, I believe Union Bank should be able to absorb more than half of us all into training school. Let's put ideas down here en necessary correctn en amendments. However, this means we wld ve all this written down on a paper or so at this stage. More or less like eassay if am write?
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Olucheye(m): 8:42pm On Jul 04, 2014
Paroman: Ok let's start with these case studies abeg.
Case Study 1
Company, is an American commercial broadcast television and radio network. It is headquartered in the GE Building in New York City’s Rockefeller Center, with additional major offices near Los Angeles and in Chicago. NBC has eleven owned-and-operated stations and nearly 200 affiliates in the United States.
The year is 2007. Jeff Zucker, the CEO of NBC has asked you for help. In fiscal year 2006, NBC had profits of $3 billion on total revenue of $16.5 billion; these numbers have fallen 10% over the past three quarters.
There has also been an $8 million drop in ad revenue due to the proliferation of specialized cable channels as well as changing viewer preferences in media consumption. For this case, NBC’s goals include:
3. spending $150M in digital initiatives in order to grow $400M in revenues (revenues from digital delivery) to $1B.

This Is a big nut.....Still giving it thought.
Anyone up yet?
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 04, 2014

Case Study 1

sorry wadup? did u get a success message?
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 04, 2014
Ms_Steph:

sorry wadup? did u get a success message?
Yep ma'am
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by djaxz4sure(m): 9:16pm On Jul 04, 2014
topsquino: me too, topsquino@gmail.com
i have sent it to your mail and the three other emails on this page. The questions are for workforce UAC test; i got them from the other thread. Please endeavour to share with others. Regards
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by nanizle(m): 9:23pm On Jul 04, 2014
djaxz4sure: i have sent it to your mail and the three other emails on this page. The questions are for workforce UAC test; i got them from the other thread. Please endeavour to share with others. Regards

hey bro, could you upload workforce questions on dropbox/4shared/google drive/scribd?
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by sirwilly1(m): 10:26pm On Jul 04, 2014
djaxz4sure: i have sent it to your mail and the three other emails on this page. The questions are for workforce UAC test; i got them from the other thread. Please endeavour to share with others. Regards
pls can you send it to princewillojeli@yahoo.com. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by obofty: 10:32pm On Jul 04, 2014
Pls forward the UAC workforce question to my box "abisoyelanre@yahoo.com" Thank you so much.
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by debbie131: 11:09pm On Jul 04, 2014
Please send to enomadeborah@yahoo.com, Thanks.
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Emeca: 4:52am On Jul 05, 2014
eminark: Take a bus frm bayelsa drop @ d aba main park. Frm aba main park take a keke going to osisioma. Tell dem u wil stop @ union bank. It is just by d road side. I hope this will help

what are u talking about??

1 Like

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Rich4god(m): 12:13pm On Jul 05, 2014
Guy, plz help me send to richardtom89(at)gmail. com... Thanks...
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 05, 2014
Una no wan answer this case study ba, especially all these passive guys wey no wan contribute make we learn from them but they want to learn from us angry.
Well my solution is coming up shortly, me I be olodo sha grin ....................................
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Desxter: 12:52pm On Jul 05, 2014
Paroman ..help me wit d Case study material na ..abeg/ make I try hussle answer ... Desxtermix007@yahoo.com
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by cigie(m): 1:00pm On Jul 05, 2014
Paroman: Una no wan answer this case study ba, especially all these passive guys wey no wan contribute make we learn from them but they want to learn from us angry.
Well my solution is coming up shortly, me I be olodo sha grin ....................................

Mehn i the look forward to your attempt o...i have been looking at questions sha....but i have a feeling more information needs to be given to proffer more informed suggestions to the CEO...
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 05, 2014

Case Study 1

It is very much evident that NBC seriously needs a corporate restructuring of its operations and its financial position to help achieve its corporate goals.

Before any of the stated goals can be achieved, NBC will need to rid itself of the problems hampering the growth of the company and also employ required measures to help mitigate or hinder the re-occurrence of these challenges. Challenges such as:
- 10% reduction in profit
- 10% downturn in revenue.

Obviously, the stunted growth NBC is currently experiencing can be easily traced to the downturns in revenue and profit. No company anywhere in the world can grow satisfactorily when the most important business/corporate drivers (sales and profit) are not growing.

SOLUTION:

1)Achieve Double-digit growth: First and foremost, NBC should look to finding ways to expanding its dwindling market share. Management should ensure there is a strong, active and disciplined sales department, saddled with the responsibility of conducting a marketing research to examine reasons for changes in viewers' preferences in media consumption and to continuously get updates on what those preferences are. Thereafter, required steps can be taken towards furnishing the public with broadcasts or program of their choice.
Secondly, the importance of improving the company's profit and revenue cannot be over-emphasized. Continuous growth in a company is proportional to steady increase in sales and profit. Efforts

2) Reducing Cost by $750m: it is a well known fact that the largest cost incurred by most companies is the overhead cost(rent, salaries, office supplies, utilities, etc), and NBC's financial statement also agrees with that. To reduce this cost, management should endeavor to look into maximizing its human resources, reducing redundancies and under-utilization of its assets.
Moreso, it is pertinent for management to carefully consider which of the capital expenditure model is more financially sound: outright purchase of fixed assets or acquisition through lease.

Furthermore, NBC owns eleven stations and offices in 3 states across the federation. An analysis needs to be carried out to to know if much quality won't be impacted if the company should decide to close or merge some of these offices or stations. A well-informed decision can then be made from whatever result we get from the analysis.

3) Spending $150m on digital initiatives to achieve a $600m increase in revenue.:
The success of a project of this magnitude will definitely have a major role to play in the overall corporate objective ofthe organization. I would advise the CEO of NBC to incorporate the services of experts in digital projects when carrying out this initiative to help ensure it becomes a success. Or the project could be outrightly outsourced to expert firms to further increase the chances of its objective being achieved.

Thank you cool

4 Likes

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by TOYNEX(f): 6:57pm On Jul 05, 2014

Case Study 1

chai.... I still dey break d English down ooo. I de come
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by jideaffo(m): 7:00pm On Jul 05, 2014
Someone should please send the UAC test material to jideaffo@yahoo.com
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Ishilove: 8:30pm On Jul 05, 2014
Paroman:
It is very much evident that NBC seriously needs a corporate restructuring of its operations and its financial position to help achieve its corporate goals.

Before any of the stated goals can be achieved, NBC will need to rid itself of the problems hampering the growth of the company and also employ required measures to help mitigate or hinder the re-occurrence of these challenges. Challenges such as:

Obviously, the stunted growth NBC is currently experiencing can be easily traced to the downturns in revenue and profit. No company anywhere in the world can grow satisfactorily when the most important business/corporate drivers (sales and profit) are not growing.

SOLUTION:

1)Achieve Double-digit growth: First and foremost, NBC should look to finding ways to expanding its dwindling market share. Management should ensure there is a strong, active and disciplined sales department, saddled with the responsibility of conducting a marketing research to examine reasons for changes in viewers' preferences in media consumption and to continuously get updates on what those preferences are. Thereafter, required steps can be taken towards furnishing the public with broadcasts or program of their choice.
Secondly, the importance of improving the company's profit and revenue cannot be over-emphasized. Continuous growth in a company is proportional to steady increase in sales and profit. Efforts

2) Reducing Cost by $750m: it is a well known fact that the largest cost incurred by most companies is the overhead cost(rent, salaries, office supplies, utilities, etc), and NBC's financial statement also agrees with that. To reduce this cost, management should endeavor to look into maximizing its human resources, reducing redundancies and under-utilization of its assets.
Moreso, it is pertinent for management to carefully consider which of the capital expenditure model is more financially sound: outright purchase of fixed assets or acquisition through lease.

Furthermore, NBC owns eleven stations and offices in 3 states across the federation. An analysis needs to be carried out to to know if much quality won't be impacted if the company should decide to close or merge some of these offices or stations. A well-informed decision can then be made from whatever result we get from the analysis.

3) Spending $150m on digital initiatives to achieve a $600m increase in revenue.:
The success of a project of this magnitude will definitely have a major role to play in the overall corporate objective ofthe organization. I would advise the CEO of NBC to incorporate the services of experts in digital projects when carrying out this initiative to help ensure it becomes a success. Or the project could be outrightly outsourced to expert firms to further increase the chances of its objective being achieved.

Thank you cool
For your mind. tongue

You try sha grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Olucheye(m): 8:35pm On Jul 05, 2014
Paroman:

SOLUTION:

Thank you cool

Seems dope although not read through thoroughly. Good work still
Re: Union Bank Graduate Recruitment 2014-Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 05, 2014
You will not get a near perfect answer such as this during that period as you will be under stress etc. what I will suggest is give answers based on the information already given and then tweak in some ideas such as outsourcing, sales and marketing department regeneration, research and deep business analysis. The answer to the question is the same... No other answer. Research, sales, business analysis and what else is there to say.

What will make you stand out is your creativity and professionalism in written sentences.

Well read my signature if you don't mind.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (44) (Reply)

KPMG Graduate Aptitude Test 2013 / Peace Corps Of Nigeria Recruitment Form: Another Employment Scam? / Shell Nigeria - The Next Generation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.